Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo quote on acceptance of gays during his press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Dabo quote on acceptance of gays during his press conference

Mar 4, 2014, 3:10 PM

Dabo was asked how he can accept the lifestyles of homosexuals while maintaining his strong image of a Christian man.

"My faith teaches tolerance. My faith does not judge. My faith teaches love."

"I believe Christians should not judge others. I believe there is a final judge after we're gone from here... My job is to judge who can throw the football, who can run the football."

Dabo believes in tolerance and acceptance, and that this fits into. Gosh, I love that man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about his acceptance of baptists

Mar 4, 2014, 3:12 PM

did anyone ask him about that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What about his acceptance of baptists

Mar 4, 2014, 3:34 PM

Doesn't he go to New Spring? New Spring is Baptist.

Oh i get it, you mean the TNET Baptists. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Exactly, like CT1988 and lbu***

Mar 4, 2014, 3:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Says the guy who broke us up.***

Mar 4, 2014, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a water hose...?***

Mar 4, 2014, 5:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd be careful about what you do or don't

Mar 4, 2014, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: What about his acceptance of baptists ]

get around here.

you've been warned.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Newspring isn't Baptist***

Mar 4, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: What about his acceptance of baptists ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Newspring isn't Baptist***

Mar 4, 2014, 6:54 PM

are they a cult? to read about them google ben milstead and read till you get mad. and yea he is the same one that works at wccp with roy and for Clemson basketball as a radio sound engineer.

Re: Newspring isn't Baptist***

Mar 4, 2014, 7:00 PM

They're not a "cult" (attended there 2 years) but they do have some questionable ways of how they run things over there (if you live in Charlotte, you've probably heard about Elevation Church in the news) - and people who go there will defend it to the end if you in any way criticize the way they do things.

Message was edited by: ptong®

Cult? Hardly.

Mar 5, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Newspring isn't Baptist*** ]

http://perrynoble.com/blog/newspring-a-cult

Re: Cult? Hardly.

Mar 5, 2014, 8:02 PM

Well, if the leader says it's not a cult, then that settles it. It's not a cult.

Just thought you might want to read what Perry had

Mar 5, 2014, 8:52 PM

To say on the subject.

I've attended many different churches in my life...Newspring is the least cult-like. There are many things I don't like about them, but that's another conversation.

Wait. So he took the time out to post a few pages

Mar 5, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Cult? Hardly. ]

in defense of his church not being a cult? Acting as though it was ridiculous for anyone to question his leadership or views on certain topics. If it had no credibility or was, "ridiculous", why even respond to the allegations? CULT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that was a bad situation. Those involved should

Mar 5, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Newspring isn't Baptist*** ]

Be embarrassed...including Duncan. I've heard of no other issues there.

Some should have bleeped the 'gay' and replaced with baptist***

Mar 4, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to What about his acceptance of baptists ]

POTD***

Mar 5, 2014, 7:55 PM [ in reply to What about his acceptance of baptists ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he said they're all right, and their women are so repressed

Mar 6, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to What about his acceptance of baptists ]

that they're hot as firecrackers in bed. I think you had to watch the interview on pay-per-view to hear that part.

"Judge ye not" Dabo is completely correct

Mar 4, 2014, 3:12 PM

Notice he never said acceptance. You don't have to accept how someone lives as right but you do need to give them the right to live as they see fit.

Re: "Judge ye not" Dabo is completely correct

Mar 4, 2014, 3:49 PM

Couldn't agree more

That's a good answer, but . . .

Mar 4, 2014, 3:16 PM

I'd like to know who tried to bait him with that question. I have my suspicions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a good answer, but . . .

Mar 4, 2014, 3:47 PM

yep I hate those type questions and the slime balls who ask them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to That's a good answer, but . . . ]

I don't know who it was, but he wasn't satisfied with Dabo's first answer which was more diplomatic. Something to the tune of:

"How would you handle it if one of your players took you aside and told you that they were gay, and wanted to come out to the team?"

He didn't get the answer he was looking for, so he doubled down with the 2nd question.

Mar 5, 2014, 7:42 PM [ in reply to That's a good answer, but . . . ]

I was listening in the car. I believe that it was Bart Wright that asked the questions. Not 100% sure but I believe it was his voice. Typical stuff for Bart (if it was him).

Dabo needs to learn, "No Comment" or "I won't dignify that

Mar 5, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to That's a good answer, but . . . ]

with an answer".

a lot of good answers in the world today...

Mar 4, 2014, 3:55 PM

i think dabo lives his.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, we got over you being gay...

Mar 4, 2014, 4:18 PM

you can stop making a big deal out of it now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, we got over you being gay...

Mar 4, 2014, 5:35 PM

Dabo showed maturity and wisdom in giving an excellent, politically correct answer. Being a devout Christian, in this present society, if he had alluded to homosexual behavior as sinful, or in conflict with biblical teachings, he would have been on Sport Center more than LeBron this week, although not in a complimentary manner! It does seems strange however, that there are tribal societies in Central Africa and South America who have no words in their languages referring to homosexuality, and can't even begin to understand the concept of such behavior when explained by Western anthropologists. Interesting, isn't it?

Re: OK, we got over you being gay...

Mar 5, 2014, 6:42 AM

There are also some South American tribes who have no concept of counting. Does that mean that counting is unnatural?

Referencing the culture of what, 0.000001% of the population of the world to try to make a point about the other 99.99999% is a real stretch.

If you have Netflix watch the new aziz

Mar 4, 2014, 5:49 PM

ansari stand-up. He has a pretty good quote about gays and anti-gay people.

"they have finally found someone to say yes to this insane thing you asked of them (marriage), and some people are like 'no, no it just weird I just- I just- think it's weird.' Thats really the only argument you have at this point. How can you be opposed to gay marriage......you know you're on the losing team! all the demographics that are opposed to it are going to be dead soon! While young people are like 'what??? all music is free right now!' They don't care at all. These were the same guys who were opposed to like women voting, or black dudes playing baseball."

You know that sad moment when you realize comedians make better points than politicians.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know it sad when someone

Mar 4, 2014, 5:53 PM

Listens to aziz ansari. Let alone thinks he makes a good point.

I take most of my life advice from Andrew Dice Clay

Mar 4, 2014, 5:59 PM

I take most of my parenting advice from Cher

That's sad, too......***

Mar 4, 2014, 6:04 PM

Don't judge me I'm almost a millennial

Mar 4, 2014, 6:06 PM

I will have to discuss your meanness at my next therapy session and you may be blogged about later. Prepare yourself sir.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Interesting. That's not what I remember about the word

Mar 4, 2014, 6:02 PM

"tolerate."

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=tolerate&qs_version=NIV

Re: Who ask that question???????

Mar 4, 2014, 7:34 PM

was it korncoot?

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Mar 5, 2014, 6:38 AM

Are you trying to tell me that it's okay to be loving and respectful--even SUPPORTIVE--to our fellow man even if we disagree with something they say, believe, or do? Is that even possible?! I thought we were supposed to belittle and condemn anyone whose views weren't exactly like our own.

Jude 23:1 says to hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Mar 5, 2014, 8:09 PM

This should be the Christian view on this subject.

so don't judge pedophiles, anarchists, thieves, bullies etc?

Mar 5, 2014, 6:22 PM

Dabo's Bible also says homosexuality, among other things in this world, is categorically wrong. No one says that thieves have no value, yet we treat them as if what they do is wrong. No one says bullies are not otherwise good people when they are not bullying others. But if the judgement of what is wrong is left completely to the hereafter, what then becomes of our judicial system; better yet, what then becomes our society?

Oh I know: homosexuality is a "victimless" crime, right? Funny, the forefathers built an entire revolution, and then a nation, simply on the basis that ideas were more powerful than any organization. We give up our past and our principles when we lie to ourselves out of the need for expediency.

Tolerance is simply a code word for excusing what is politically difficult.

epi...

Mar 5, 2014, 6:32 PM

haven't seen you around the tci pond recently.

hope all's well with you and yours.

Re: so don't judge pedophiles, anarchists, thieves, bullies etc?

Mar 5, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to so don't judge pedophiles, anarchists, thieves, bullies etc? ]

Great. It's good to know that you consider being ghey on par with molesting children, overthrowing government, stealing property and assaulting defenseless people.

Now, if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to take a different approach with the rhetoric. Nonsense like this is why your faction is shrinking - and fast - in this country. And thankfully so.

That's about as tame as I can be given the ridiculous drivel I just read.

epi you nailed it.....ditto!***

Mar 5, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to so don't judge pedophiles, anarchists, thieves, bullies etc? ]

Curious to know why people think it is ok

Mar 5, 2014, 10:55 PM

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; (Philippians 1:9, 10 KJV)

I know why I think it is wrong.

And why is that?***

Mar 5, 2014, 7:56 PM

You spelled 'ghey' wrong***

Mar 5, 2014, 7:55 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic