Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It must really suck to be a gamecock fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 554

It must really suck to be a gamecock fan.

May 29, 2005, 10:16 PM

They get beat by their rival in football almost every year. Their off season has been marked by arrests and dismissals. They lose to Clemson in basketball on a last second three (by a freshman, by the way). Their basketball coach tries to jump ship, only to find there is no way out of Columbia. And just when they think they are a good team in baseball (ranked 2nd, undefeated, with two victories against Clemson under their belts), their season goes south. All they have to do is win one of two against the Tigers to win the series and claim bragging rights. But do they do it? No. And then the slide begins. They fall out of the rankings while Clemson moves up the polls, all the way to a host regional.

Right now they must be asking themselves...Why us?

Or maybe it's...WHY NOT US. Why can't the ##### win at anything? Why not us? LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan.

May 29, 2005, 10:17 PM

Once you get used to losing it's actually not that bad.

HOF!***

May 29, 2005, 10:20 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'll get you coots have fun with that***

May 29, 2005, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

I'm giving you a Pity Point for being honest! LMAO***

May 29, 2005, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Classic***

May 29, 2005, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Just livin the college dream 2007-2011!

Re: Classic***

May 29, 2005, 10:42 PM

thanx

May 29, 2005, 10:46 PM

You guys had a much better season than many of you expected and you still will not make it to the World Series. We have been there 3 consecutive years. Maybe we miss this year maybe we make it, either way its better than your program has been. One thing is for sure, we all remember very well what happened last time Carolina South faced you in Omaha dont we, LOL.

USuCk!!***

May 29, 2005, 10:49 PM

Another way to say it......

May 29, 2005, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

...in the sport SC does the best, at the time they are doing their best, they still don't win anything.

Original post was correct. Must suck to be a gamecock fan.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another way to say it......

May 29, 2005, 10:56 PM

and which sport is it that clemson does the best at ?
Football? Duke says no
basketball? well no explaination is really needed here is there.
baseball? all you have done is made it into the post season, big deal.

May 29, 2005, 10:57 PM

Did we hit a nerve?
The truth hurts, huh?

May 29, 2005, 10:59 PM

is that your best ?

May 29, 2005, 11:00 PM

No, But it apparently was enough.

We are simply better than you are!

May 29, 2005, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Another way to say it...... ]

The only credit I give you is the desire to win and be successful after so many years of losing...the entire gamecock fatefull including the administration wants to win so badly you will end up on probation. Face it, you're cursed just like the rest of the #### fans.

It's not nice to talk that way to your DADDY !! *****

May 30, 2005, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Another way to say it...... ]

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mosby went to an ACC school***

May 29, 2005, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Another way to say it...... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a crying shame our equestrian team isn't good as yours!***

May 29, 2005, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Another way to say it...... ]

And that you haven't been able to enjoy....

May 30, 2005, 12:41 AM

as many total victories as USC fans have in the three major sports this academic year (as well as the few previous ones). You also haven't been able to see one of those teams win any kind of championship-- yes, only the NIT, but you would have loved to see Clemson win it.

The Historic Horseshoe

Yes, you may have a four game lead right now in all three...

May 30, 2005, 4:07 AM

but I think there's still some baseball to be played...we'll see what happens

May 30, 2005, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Another way to say it...... ]

Football: beat USC
Basketball: beat USC
Baseball: 2-2 and won the last time we played

You dont have a leg to stand on so have a seat
When will you coots learn to stop living on the accomplishments of others (Duke and conference power)

May 29, 2005, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

Why not us? In the name of all that is decent and good, WHY NOT US? LOL

Gamecocks take the not out of why not us

May 29, 2005, 11:16 PM

Amazing how similar "why not us?" and "why us?" are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beware of false prophets. *******

Jun 1, 2005, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: It must really suck to be a gamecock fan. ]

That's one way of looking at it....

May 30, 2005, 12:37 AM

I prefer to look at in this light:

1. We have a new football coach that MIGHT be able to start winning fairly consistently and get us to a new level. I've already explained the differences between Spurrier and Holtz before, so please don't come back with the "we've heard the before" argument. I don't care to get back into it.

2. Spurrier has already proven that he will take control of our program and weed (no pun intended ;) ) out the players that don't need to be there. You have to admit though, many of the players who have gotten in trouble were Clemson recruits at one time. So (unfairly really IMO) you can blame it on the leadership of the coach. Hopefully our new one will take care of business better.

3. Yes, we lost on a last second 3 to our rival, but we still won the NIT championship (not what we wanted, but decent consolation) and are only losing 1 key player in basketball. We also racked up a nice win against a highly ranked UK team, which was fun. I think we'll be back in the NCAAs next season.

4. Baseball has been a 'down' season for us, but all that means is that we likely won't make the CWS... With standards like those, I'm certainly not worried about our program. We'll be fine-- y'all enjoy our 'troubles', but remember, you haven't made it any further than us yet. Yes, we did go 2-2 against Clemson, but that's not terrible against a team that is hosting regionals. It would appear that y'all should be the ones disappointed in the fact that you only won 2 against USC.

5. Though we've lost more head-to-head battles against our rivals, I have been able to enjoy more combined victories in those sports than my rival fans have. Seasons consists of many games, not just the head-to-head battles. While winning the heated ones are nice, I still enjoy seeing plenty of wins.

The Historic Horseshoe

Me? I'm glad we own our rival.

May 30, 2005, 8:05 AM

Football:
I'm glad we have a lifetime lead in football and that the lead is getting bigger. I'm excited we've won some big games lately. I'm thrilled we have an established coach, 6 years into his building program. I'm tickled we're on a huge winning streak against our arch rival, racking up wins with huge margins recently now 13 years into the era when SC joined the SEC, the move that was said to have been SOOOOOOO important. (How's that working out?) I enjoy the fact we've won 12 or 13 times as many conference titles as SC while mostly playing in the same league. I'm happy we rank in the top 25 winningest programs in my lifetime. I'm glad that we've had 10 or 12 times as much post season success as our rival. I'm happy that when the marbles were all on the line, against a marque program in the Orange Bowl, the Tigers came through and won a National Title in the sport we all care the most about.

Baseball:
I'm glad we beat the heck out of SC the last two times we've played. I'm happy that our baseball program is ranked among the best in the country, that we play in Beautiful Kingsmore Stadium on Tiger Field, and that we're hosting a regional this week. I'm tickled we get to Omaha as often as we do, and that we get there more often than SC. I'm glad that in my lifetime, we own the series with our arch rival, South Carolina. In the best period SC has ever enjoyed on the diamond, Clemson is a little ahead in the series record; over my lifetime, the Clemson lead is substantial. It must hurt to get as good as you can, and still not beat your rival consistently. I'm confident Clemson will win a national title in baseball before South Carolina.

Basketball:
I'm happy we beat the Gamecocks on their floor the last time we met. I'm glad we have a solid up and coming coach guiding our program instead of an old guy who wants to be somewhere else. When I attended Clemson, SC was a national power in basketball annually ranking in the top ten. Since those days 30+ years ago, Clemson has owned the Gamecocks in basketball. We've won the majority of head to head match ups, we've been in the NCAA Tournament more often, and gone further when we got there than SC. We've avoided the big splashy upset losses that SC always seems to produce when they get on the national stage. We've put more and better players into the pros. I'm glad that in my lifetime of paying attention, Clemson has been better at basketball than SC.

That's the story ont the 3 major sports. There isn't much else to tell, except to mention.....

Golf:
Well, most of us DO play golf and, of course, Clemson has had a significantly better golf team than SC winning most of the head to head encounters and picking up conference and regional titles regularly. I'm happy our program won a National Title in golf. I enjoy watching the PGA and regularly seeing former Clemson players earning a nice living at the next level.

I'm REALLY happy that I was never a Gamecock fan and that I haven't had to endure a lifetime of misery brought on by being constantly outdone by my arch rival in every sport that much of anyone cares anything about.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And do not forget ;

May 30, 2005, 8:45 AM

Last time the Cooties played the Citadel and Furman in Football, WHAT HAPPENED ?
Last time the Cooties made it to the NCAA's in basketball, WHAT HAPPENED?
Last time the Cooties played Furman in baseball, WHAT HAPPENED?
IT MUST BE GREAT TO BE A COOTY

Replies: 26
| visibility 554
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic