Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I promise...we are in their heads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I promise...we are in their heads

Sep 20, 2012, 7:49 AM

On Monday, the widespread pundit opinion was "Clemson has no chance against Florida State."

Thursday morning, that certainty has eroded somewhat as pundits and students of the game come to grasp what the Sons of Clemson have known ... not hoped but KNOWN ... all along.

We beat this same defense last year. Beat them bad.

And we are a better offense this year.

They know it. FSU knows that if they come hard after Boyd, it opens soft spots. They know if they double us deep, we gash them in the middle. They KNOW that no matter what they do, or how they do it, we have an answer.

And their answer to that is that their offense will score more than our's?

I spoke on Sunday of letting the wind in the trees fight the battle for us. It's being fought right now.

And we are winning.

We are already in their heads. Saturday evening we'll be on their field.

Sunday night, we'll be in their nightmares.

This battle is ours, Tigers. Time to claim it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell it, Rev. Beat the 'Noles!!!

Sep 20, 2012, 7:52 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GLORY!***

Sep 20, 2012, 7:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly right Rev! He!l hath no fury like a 14 point

Sep 20, 2012, 7:56 AM

underdog Tiger in Tally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nor a DSP, LBU, CT1988 et al..........lol***

Sep 20, 2012, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

85,000 Amens!***

Sep 20, 2012, 7:57 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN! GO TIGERS JUST WIN

Sep 20, 2012, 8:17 AM

10 - 9 OR 44 - 43 (more likely the latter unless V. really has the D really fighting & then it could be 44- 23)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To use one of your own favorites....

Sep 20, 2012, 8:21 AM

HUZZAH!

We have absolutely no reason to think anything other than we can go down there and do what we did in DV last year. Tigers win......by more than 5 this time if we take care of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Many on here have mentioned

Sep 20, 2012, 8:23 AM

very correctly that last year should have been 38 (at least) or even 42-23. The longer the week lasts---and it has been a LONG week---the better I feel about the chances our Tigers have Saturday night. Get it done, boys! GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ This.^^^^***

Sep 20, 2012, 2:39 PM

I FEEL THE NEED...I FEEL THE NEED...I FEEL THE NEED

Sep 20, 2012, 8:29 AM

for SPEED....Short of that, I'll settle for good, ole JAY DEED, INDEED!!!!!!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You preach it Rev! Point!***

Sep 20, 2012, 8:32 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev, I'm with you.

Sep 20, 2012, 8:32 AM

A lot of people question our D and I can understand that, but I've become miffed at the absolute disrespect our offense has been given against their defense. Like you said we have an offense that pretty much moved the ball at will vs them last year and have only gotten better over time and experience. We have a multitude of weapons, yet for some reason their dominance over the little children of the poor has pretty much negated everything we have and can do and has people acting like they are the second coming of the Steel Curtain. I for one am not buying it.

As for our D. I know we have plenty of questions and concerns, some are warranted, some are not. I do think people tend to forget that as good as FSU's D line is supposed to be there OLine is very questionable. This is also a team that seems to tighten in big games. We might be struggling to force turnovers, but don't be surprised if they give us a couple gifts. Our D might not be gangbusters but I think they are more than capable of getting a few stops which I think what this game is going to have to come down to.

Make no mistake, FSU is a good team. So are we though. It blows my mind the way we are being treated when it comes to the respect factor in this matchup. FSU has earned nothing to get this and I think some angry Tigers are going to show the entire nation what they think about others opinions! We're going in Doak on Saturday and we are leaving with a W. Mark it down!

I talked with a friend from Kansas last night...

Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM

...where, of course there's no mention of the game.

He asked if FSU was going to score 50-plus points on us. Not insultingly, but he simply had no idea.

I replied: Are you asking if Clemson's defense is as bad as Murray State and Wake Forest? No we are not. It took a career day from FSU's qb and a WFT interception from Boyd last year for the Noles to get within 15 points of us last year, and their personnel on offense haven't changed.

He knows I'm annoying partial to Clemson, but agreed it was impossible to look at a 14-point spread in this game as anything but free money.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be curious to know how the money is falling

Sep 20, 2012, 10:54 AM

on Clemson +14/FlaST -14.....anyone have a clue??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd be curious to know how the money is falling

Sep 21, 2012, 12:47 PM

Here in Georgia, Auburn fans are taking Clemson and 14!

Re: I talked with a friend from Kansas last night...

Sep 20, 2012, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I talked with a friend from Kansas last night... ]

I guess everyone realizes that FSU scored 38 in the first half, and probably could have hung 70 on Wake. Our D does not have to be as bad as Wake's D for FSU to hang 50 on us. I still think we really need at least 50 to ensure our win. And YES - FSU can score 50 on our D.

That spread is such a joke. It really is!***

Sep 20, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to I talked with a friend from Kansas last night... ]

The Mental game of Tajh Boyd will be HUGE

Sep 20, 2012, 9:30 AM

If he manages the game well and does not turn the ball over, we should move the ball well and score enough to win!

I said of HAPPY DAYS ohhhhhh HAPPY DAYS!***

Sep 20, 2012, 9:37 AM

Re: I promise...we are in their heads

Sep 20, 2012, 9:49 AM

If that doesn't get you hyped up for Saturday, I don't know what will

45-30

Sep 20, 2012, 10:00 AM

That's the final score.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't have said it better myself.***

Sep 20, 2012, 11:15 AM

Always enjoy your sermons... even your pre-sermon sermons...***

Sep 20, 2012, 11:48 AM

I this one counts as a homily.***

Sep 20, 2012, 2:18 PM

Clemson needs to hire you for pregame speeches, seriously***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:04 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic