Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
York!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

York!

Jun 25, 2012, 12:27 PM

Listen guys, York never claimed we were doing one thing or another. He just claimed he had a source that told him certain information. He took that information and shared it with us.

That my friends is a true tiger fan. He just gave us the same information he was relayed. Other TNET'ers are the ones who turned it into who said this and that. All he did was relay some information. It turned out to be right in the beginning. It may or may not be correct in the future. However, bashing him is definitely wrong.

I personally would like to Thank York for his contribution, weather that being correct or incorrect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There should be a separate board...

Jun 25, 2012, 12:28 PM

Just for debating the legitimacy of york_tiger.

seriously! let's just let it go***

Jun 25, 2012, 12:35 PM

I'm going to miss the ole boy***

Jun 25, 2012, 12:35 PM

Re: Sent him a T-Mail

Jun 25, 2012, 12:39 PM

last week telling him essentially just what you said, offering my appreciation for the updates. No need to slam someone for sharing pertinent information with the family, even if its still in transition.

He claimed the source was correct and had inside info.

Jun 25, 2012, 12:46 PM

Much of the info was used to try and put pressure on ou admin to do something that would hurt our program, IMO.

Still, York and most people who support the move thought it would help us.

We're a football school so from time time our fanatical fan base will have crazy notions that they think will make us better.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol are you kidding, he put this information on Tnet to....

Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 PM

force our admins to hurt our program?

LOL that is the most hilarious things ever.

I am sure the BOT read Tigernet and follow the discussion before they make a decision.

I can promise you they do not.

LOL I can't even type right now i'm laughing so hard!

I'm having a hard time believing I just read that***

Jun 25, 2012, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't read so well. Read it slowly this time.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:39 PM [ in reply to lol are you kidding, he put this information on Tnet to.... ]

He didn't want to hurt us but would, IMO. A lot of times serious changes start in the grass roots. The BOT addressed this twice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hurt the program in what way?

Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 PM [ in reply to He claimed the source was correct and had inside info. ]

I've got to hear this

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting, short term. Rivalries, traditions...***

Jun 25, 2012, 5:40 PM

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 25, 2012, 1:04 PM [ in reply to He claimed the source was correct and had inside info. ]

Which side of the 'Fire Danny,' debate did the fanatical fans take?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean crazy notions like....

Jun 25, 2012, 1:20 PM [ in reply to He claimed the source was correct and had inside info. ]

remaining in a conference whose self-serving and biased leadership couldn't negotiate their way out of their own driveways with a GPS.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Thumbs Up!!!***

Jun 25, 2012, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I like the leadership in football. You talked to your

Jun 25, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to You mean crazy notions like.... ]

sources about Swofford and the 3rd year of probation lately?

Ridiculous***

Jun 25, 2012, 12:59 PM

Re: York!

Jun 25, 2012, 1:09 PM

One thing is for sure ... we are going to have weather whether or not!

See here,

Jun 25, 2012, 1:15 PM

york supported a strong opinion with 'inside sources.'

I liked reading his post after the first week of arguing with him. I jumped the fence on this issue and like many here supported the move to get Clemson to abandon the ACC for greener pastures.

That being said, I think york did himself an injustice by allowing his strong opponents in the debate to silence him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had information that I believed to be from a reliable

Jun 25, 2012, 2:46 PM

source, information that I thought would be of interest to the rest of you, I'd share it in a heartbeat. I think that's exactly what York did, and I'm glad he did. I was highly skeptical at first, but he was persistent and consistent, and I think he was shooting straight and with nothing but good intentions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I wouldn't share it. Before...sure, but not now. There are

Jun 25, 2012, 3:15 PM

too many posters who offer nother, but constantly attack anyone who does. Between that and the extreme fear of change that some possess, it's just not worth putting yourself out there.

agreed...I might have a few yrs ago but in the past 5 or so

Jun 25, 2012, 3:17 PM

yrs this place has changed...it's become more attacking each other...I think it started when Tommy Bowden went south and there was disagreement over whether or not we should fire him. This has intensified over the hiring of Dabo, losing three straight, SC winning 2 baseball titles in a row, etc.

This board is riddled with cake eaters....

Jun 25, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't share it. Before...sure, but not now. There are ]

who are too cowardly or ignorant to take sides in a debate or argue a position thereby leaving them free to criticize the group that ends-up being wrong.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agreed....there's been so much up and down

Jun 25, 2012, 3:48 PM

within the program over the past decade that there's developed a group within the fan base that wants to sit back and criticize and not going out on a limb. It's been a rough past 20 yrs and as a result you can easily become cynical about everything related to CU as some have.

Re: I wouldn't share it. Before...sure, but not now. There are

Jun 25, 2012, 4:50 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't share it. Before...sure, but not now. There are ]

I was surprised at how many people attacked York for his comments. We all have the option to believe him or not, but attacking the guy is wrong. I applaud him for sticking by his comments.

As far as sharing info...it can be double sided. We all know that in today's world that information can change at a blink of the eye. Maybe this happen in this case.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think york was not attacked much at all.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:00 PM

Of the 10 or 12 that disagreed with him only a few really attacked. Granted some were vicious and our board moderators perhaps should have intervened though I understand this is not a childcare facility.

That being said, york should have stuck to his guns and not backed down. The bets to leave T-net would have been more realistic had they been between donors who had something to lose. I think a week or two might have been more reasonable with a date of late August for start and ending before our first game.

Re: I think york was not attacked much at all.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

I agree...I would have set the date for the start of football season. Still a lot of time left before football season and crazy things have happened before.

Everybody got emotional about the entire thing including me.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:12 PM

I usually resort to ridicule instead of personal attacks which hurts feeling. I still support the move to the Big 12 but either way I'm Orange blooded through and through. Stay or go I believe Clemson has a good season coming up.

Re: Everybody got emotional about the entire thing including me.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:15 PM

As a OU fan...I would (still) love to see FSU and Clemson join the Big 12 with a couple other teams.

I agree his intentions were good but thousands jumped

Jun 25, 2012, 5:45 PM [ in reply to If I had information that I believed to be from a reliable ]

on the bandwagon because they felt there was something to it.

There isn't/wasn't IMO.

Not me. I held out a week then tried to jump in front of the

Jun 25, 2012, 5:53 PM

parade. :) I'm still wondering why the advisory committee was assembled though. Has anyone discussed their function?

I didn't particularly believe that anyone had any inside information especially from the Clemson end.

But Joe, you know I'm all for changing conferences for the money. I think it will be more in the Big 12 or anywhere else in the top four. I don't travel for age and health reasons and I guess I'm being selfish in that aspect. I also thing the travelers are the loudest opponents of conference jumping. I can't say I blame them at all. A few years ago I might have been on the other side.

Since the last chapter is not written in the book yet...

Jun 25, 2012, 6:00 PM [ in reply to If I had information that I believed to be from a reliable ]

none of us really know anything for sure. I think york's claim that it was all a done deal was an exaggeration on his part. I complete know the feeling of shaking hands with someone you trust and ironing out the details while pricing materials and lining up a Superintendents and shoring up subs by insisting they check their numbers. 30 years in construction and I'v done many projects and finished the documents so close to the end it took my bosses out of their comfort zones.

You know, time may prove he was right all along, though. I certainly hope so.

Maybe Im a little late on this....

Jun 25, 2012, 6:31 PM

And got a little annoyed at all the nonstop talk of making a conference move with NO credible info to substantiate the claim...but I always defended York in the name calling, which was out of line.

Which leads to my question....did he make a bet with someone and now banned himself for a specific period or what?

Someone, anyone clear this up for me?

This thread is surreal. Real Housewives of Tigernet.***

Jun 25, 2012, 8:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I enjoyed the info york posted, but I didn't like the way he

Jun 26, 2012, 12:51 AM

handled the postings. At first there were the tons of blunt "Clemson to Big XII, just sayin" posts that he would constantly make. He would also make a lot of opinionated posts without quoting his sources making some of the news he used as credited to him.

Then there's the times where he would start threads about the heat he was getting on other threads. A lot of his posts regarding the Big XII and responses have just seemed more about him lately, including his final one.

I know he never claimed to have first hand knowledge of the inside information and would make many posts restating that. He made it clear in those posts he was just passing along info.

However, to me those types of posts were to few and far between. The problem was that not every TNet member reads every post and b/c of the inconsistency, some were not reading the posts where he tells where the info came from.

I think if you're gonna pass along the information you are getting you need to be clear and consistent EVERY single post you make. Make sure you tell people if you're restating info you've already posted and always start by letting them know you're just posting hearsay. I love to hear any type of rumors that are out there whether I believe them or not, but I also want to know where they came from and what the circumstances around them were.

I think it's a shame york left and I also think it's a shame the way some treated him. York kinda created that on his own though. At the end of the day though this is just a message board so who cares? Hopefully York will wake up and come back to the madness!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic