Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 95
| visibility 1

Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos

Apr 1, 2012, 9:54 PM

the Clemson recruit who had a stroke...
The Church service was about how people get through rough times in there life with God. Dont forget Easter is next Sunday and I would love to invite everyone to come to Newspring church next week.

Here is a link about Jake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ui8xrS9yYs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perry Noble.....no thanks.

Apr 1, 2012, 10:13 PM

"I believe in a God that doesn't require heavy financing." Fletch

Jake, however, is an inspiration.

Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks.

Apr 1, 2012, 11:28 PM

Believe me there is nothing at this church which resembles a cult.I went to church all my life and never got a thing out of it until I went to Newspring.This place is changing peoples lives.I ask you to go on there website and view some of the sermons and see what is happening to young people there.It's really amazing.I'm 52 years old and wouldn't dare get involved in any cult.This is a great place for young people to learn about God and make there decision for themselves.

I went one time when I was in school at Clemson.

Apr 2, 2012, 3:22 AM

The first song they played was "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas. No thanks.

Ever listened to Joel Olsteen? He talk's constantly about

Apr 2, 2012, 1:01 PM

god and uses all the "contemporary" and new age speak, but never mentions Jesus. It's all incredibly generic and watered down and hip and rockin. It could be ANY religion since all believe in "god", but Olsteen claims to be Christian. Yeaaa ok. Not.

These folks are nothing but con artists, like the pastor played by Steve Martin, Jonas Nightengale, in "Leap of Faith".

We have a similar church with numerous locations here in Charleston - Seacoast. Most people that attend are folks that say I never liked church till I went there.

These places aren't church, they are pop concerts and cheerleading sessions. They are far more akin to self-help seminars than church services.

People are sheep. TNet is full of sheep.

Re: Ever listened to Joel Olsteen? He talk's constantly about

Apr 2, 2012, 6:34 PM

My friend,believe me the name of JESUS is most certainly preached at NEWSPRING!As far as sheep goes,every church in America has many sitting on the pews on Sunday mornings!Doesnt matter if they are tradional churches,or mega churches.I praise God that my church affiliation did not save me,but faith in the finished work of JESUS did amen!

Amen! And no one at Newspring is gonna lie about

Apr 3, 2012, 8:32 AM

Jesus not being the only way to God to make everyone comfortable.

I don't think you are in any position to judge Osteen

Apr 3, 2012, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Ever listened to Joel Olsteen? He talk's constantly about ]

You do not know what his spiritual relationship is. I've also heard that the small group studies they do are really in depth and highly grounded in scripture. I'm not a fan of his type of preaching and I have my reservations on his lifestyle in terms of his money but I know its not my place to make a judgement.

Re: That place is the creepy. Keep it and the Kool-Aid***

Apr 2, 2012, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

ROFL!***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That's what cults do, such you in being dynamic and diferent***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

Apr 2, 2012, 4:46 AM [ in reply to Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

There's lots of different ways you can finance though

http://newspring.cc/give/

Please login or create a new account to make a one-time or recurring gift.

If you need any help with your account, please feel free to call our finance team at 864-226-6585 or e-mail us at finance@newspring.cc and someone will be happy to assist you.

Note: eCheck transactions cost NewSpring much less in fees compared to credit cards. If you set up an eCheck transaction for online giving, we can put more of each gift towards what it was intended for—making a difference. We appreciate your continual contributions and support of NewSpring Church! Your financial partnership with NewSpring Church is helping advance the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Why do we give to the local church?

"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it..."

—Psalm 24:1

As Christ Followers, we believe that we are stewards of God's resources because He is the owner of all that we have. Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided. His Word tells us that giving is an act of worship that should be done with a spirit of thanksgiving.
How can I give to NewSpring?

At NewSpring we have several ways that you can give to God's work through your tithes and offerings.

You can give by check or cash on Sundays when the offering is taken during a service
You can mail a check to our offices
You can give online by going to www.newspring.cc/give.
You can have an automatic draft set up with your bank
You can use one of our giving kiosks located in the atrium at
the Anderson Campus.

Also, each weekly bulletin has a postage paid NewSpring addressed envelope attached for the mailing of tithes and offerings. Please know that the online giving does not make a distinction regarding a debit card or a credit card. We do strongly suggest that no one use a credit card unless it is paid off every month. The Bible speaks in Proverbs 22:7 about “…the borrower [being] servant to the lender.” We do not wish our congregation to go into debt by tithing on a credit card.
Financial Coaching

Our Finance Team offers FREE, one–on–one financial coaching that helps you gain control of your finances. Learn Biblically–based money management techniques designed to give you practical assistance:

Create a budget that works
Calculate your debt free date
Learn how to save money
Learn how to invest money
Learn how to reduce spending
Learn how to budget with your spouse

Financial Coaching is available by appointment only. Schedule an appointment today or contact us at financial.coaching@newspring.cc for more information.

Do you have more giving questions? Try the Giving F.A.Q.s

Learn about the benefits of donating stock.

For additional questions about giving at NewSpring, please e-mail us at finance@newspring.cc or call us at 864-226-6585.

Apr 2, 2012, 2:23 PM

Holy crap....

New Spring is making it rain...

Photobucket

Also any church that refers to its locations as "campuses"....

No Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 2, 2012, 6:24 PM

I have a ministry on Sunday mornings,but we attend NewSpring on Sunday nights.I used to think the same way you do,I came from a Independent Baptist back ground and looked down on NewSpring.I thought that if it was not a traditional church,it had to be wrong!Our daughter invited us many times,finally we went.While I do not agree with everything that they do there is no doubt that the LORD JESUS is using this ministry to change lives!

yep...what he said !!***

Apr 2, 2012, 11:31 PM

why? the church SHOULD grow! that means people

Apr 3, 2012, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

from the world are becoming saved...

talk about some money grubbers***

Apr 2, 2012, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

A God that doesn't require heavy financing?

Apr 3, 2012, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Perry Noble.....no thanks. ]

Can you really be upset because tithes at Newspring are so large??

the more working people you have going to your church the more $ from tithes you're going to have

Hmmm you in that cult? That explains a few things.***

Apr 1, 2012, 10:26 PM

Is there really room for that? Did he give you a wedgie?

Apr 1, 2012, 10:35 PM

Cuz it sure sounds like your panties are in a bunch.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I simply made an observation, but clearly you can't handle

Apr 2, 2012, 12:49 PM

others voicing an opinion because clearly your panties are in a wad. Cuba and China still welcome morons buying into Communist beliefs like censorship, maybe you should move. Then again, the left in America and the mainstream media embrace selective censorship as well so you are prolly safe.

Lowlife Raccoonatuer

Apr 2, 2012, 12:54 PM

Plain and Simple- Buffoonery

Did the mirror crack while you were looking into it?***

Apr 2, 2012, 1:02 PM

I've never heard of it***

Apr 1, 2012, 10:46 PM

Re: I've never heard of it***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:30 PM

www.newspring.cc

I go there

Apr 2, 2012, 12:33 AM [ in reply to I've never heard of it*** ]

and if you want more details about the church you can go to newspring.cc or message any of us in this thread and we would love to tell you more about newspring the church, the people, the pastor and how you can visit/get involved there.

Newspring's motto is Every Number Matters, Every number has a name, Every Name has a story, and Every Story matters to God

really good solid biblical preaching, a live solid talented band, and a church body that wants to see people grow and walk in the Lord

If you aren't going to church anywhere I hope you check it out and come join us we would love to have you

"Every Number Matters, Every number has a name"….

Apr 2, 2012, 11:04 PM

what in the blue heck does that even mean?

I'll explain

Apr 3, 2012, 1:17 PM

a lot of people say numbers don't matter and they don't like "mega-churches" because of the size of the church and believe them to be social events and such rather than churches. Well every number counted that goes to these churches is a person and has a name and has a story and Jesus cares about them. People are meeting Jesus at newspring and people that are members there actually volunteer and serve(youth ministry, kids ministry, greeters, planners, deacons, video production, sound production, parking assistants) All people who are members serve there and I love that.

I mean I don't care if you don't prefer newspring and go some where else the point is is to meet Jesus and grow in him and see your spiritual as well as overall life change. I see this happening a lot at newspring if you have some really major concerns though(not minor but major) that you think need to be addressed you could t-mail me or email one of the volunteers and i'm sure we can talk to you about it.

"Every Number Matters" or is it "Every Dollar Matters"***

Apr 2, 2012, 11:05 PM [ in reply to I go there ]

Re: "Every Number Matters" or is it "Every Dollar Matters"***

Apr 3, 2012, 12:16 AM

yES sir,you are right,every dollar matters!For the thousands of souls that have been saved through their ministry in eternity every dollar given and spent will have been worth it!

Do you believe that Christians shouldn't tithe to their

Apr 3, 2012, 8:40 AM [ in reply to "Every Number Matters" or is it "Every Dollar Matters"*** ]

church or just that Newspring members shouldn't tithe to their church?

Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos

Apr 1, 2012, 11:47 PM

I was actually going to start a thread about this too. As a Carolina fan I have posted on here and I am sure I am disliked on this board, but I wanted to comment on how inspiring the story on Jake was. I go to the Columbia campus. I def recommend watching it for those who missed it. It truly puts things in perspective.

Apr 1, 2012, 11:52 PM

Amen Brother.Great story and great church.....

What's funny is your Lord Visor would have kicked Jake

Apr 2, 2012, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

to the curb.

Leave, you dirty coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

often times things are bigger than football

Apr 2, 2012, 12:41 AM

We cheer for different teams but we should treat people with respect and maturity and I mean this guy is talking about a church he attends and story he was inspired by. You need to grow up and realize if you can't treat people with respect because the 18 to 22 year old kids you cheer for are different than the one's he cheers for you can't treat him decently you seriously need to get a life

I love clemson but its just an college and athletic program there are things bigger than that rather you admit it or not

Re: often times things are bigger than football

Apr 2, 2012, 12:44 AM

Good post man.

I'm not treating a dirty coot with respect.

Apr 2, 2012, 9:13 PM [ in reply to often times things are bigger than football ]

Especially on the internet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's funny is your Lord Visor would have kicked Jake

Apr 2, 2012, 9:08 PM [ in reply to What's funny is your Lord Visor would have kicked Jake ]

> to the curb.
>
> Leave, you dirty coot.

What is wrong with you, just because hes a carolina fan you talk junk.

But yeah Newspring really is a great church ive only been to the one in anderson. and they really know how to communicate with so many people

#### lover...LEAVE.***

Apr 2, 2012, 9:13 PM

I'll pass on Easter at Newspring

Apr 2, 2012, 2:29 AM

Didn't really enjoy it the one time I went and they talked about Jonah instead of Jesus.

GO TIGERS

You do realize Jesus spoke of Jonah several times in

Apr 2, 2012, 1:15 PM

describing His death and burial, don't you?

And, Jonah is fantastic book to read. And, if you need a commentary to see the importance of this book, I recommend this one from one of my former pastors -

http://books.google.com/books?id=Kq8hv85IAoMC&pg=PA241&lpg=PA241&dq=franklin+s+page+jonah&source=bl&ots=52cXG4FlWC&sig=RQDvCEe_TMQzmkLn3zDY7zckpIs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=hN55T9LFKIiCsgK547WiBA&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm not saying the story isn't important

Apr 2, 2012, 2:10 PM

But talking about that on Easter kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not saying Newspring is a cult like some people in the thread did...I'm just saying it's not the right church for me. And there's nothing wrong with that.

GO TIGERS

No, there isn't .

Apr 2, 2012, 2:41 PM

Apologies; I misread your post; didn't know it was the Easter service.

BTW, Newspring is not for me, either. But, I applaud them for reaching this generation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

HOW DARE YOU INSULT NEWSPRING.***

Apr 2, 2012, 10:50 PM [ in reply to I'll pass on Easter at Newspring ]

Apr 2, 2012, 7:51 AM

brought a few tears to my eyes..........

Thanks for sharing***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:39 PM

Jake - a true inspiration. "Six Flags over Jesus" - not so

Apr 2, 2012, 12:44 PM

much.

LOL @ Mega-Concert-Churches

Apr 2, 2012, 12:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJBd8zE48A&feature=share

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don't know the words to the opening song?

Apr 3, 2012, 9:15 AM

or do you have something about graphic tees?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Newspring. Worship is like a rock concert.***

Apr 2, 2012, 1:13 PM

Exactly why people make fun of it. It's church for the ADD

Apr 2, 2012, 10:51 PM

generation.

Re: Exactly why people make fun of it. It's church for the ADD

Apr 3, 2012, 12:00 AM

Make fun my friend if it makes you feel better,but thousands of souls have been saved through the ministry at NewSpring.While I dont agree with everything that they do there,I can say that no church in America is perfect,they all have faults,but the power of GOD cannot be denied!

Apr 2, 2012, 6:45 PM

I Love My Church. Awesome story. I think some of these posters should here Perry before they assumptions. Not saying you have to attend Newspring, but please don't persecute those of us that are trying to walk with Christ. If you are a Christian then we all are trying to achieve the same goal.

Apr 2, 2012, 7:08 PM

Amen brother,agree,the word of God is preached at NewSpring!

For an alternate take on Newspring

Apr 2, 2012, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

visit www.pajamapages.com. This stuff happened a few years ago but gives another view on Newspring and Perry Noble. I'm a pastor, and I praise God for the lives that have been changed through Newspring. A few things I have found with Newspringer's though: 1) They do not take critique well. 2) They speak more about the church than they do Jesus. Witnessing is telling someone about Jesus, not inviting them to church.

Re: For an alternate take on Newspring

Apr 2, 2012, 11:42 PM

Agree,witnessing is telling people about JESUS CHRIST and his saving grace,not about any church!

Re: For an alternate take on Newspring

Apr 3, 2012, 12:00 AM [ in reply to For an alternate take on Newspring ]

I have to disagree with you striperfan. I think to your point #1 they take critique fine, but they do not change what they are doing because it seems to be working and going in the direction they want. Out of the two years or so going to the church I don't think it is even close in the ratio of talking about Jesus to talking about the church. These seem to be the stereotypical knocks against Newspring. Lastly, I haven't heard once Perry Noble say witnessing is bringing people to church. I have, however, heard him many times say we need to go out as Christians and tell people about His name. Just my opinion from what I have experienced while going there.

I'm speaking of my encounters with Newspring members

Apr 3, 2012, 6:27 PM

much of the emphasis of the church is to get people to the church. We can agree to disagree on that, but it's been documented countless times in endless posts in many places this in an emphasis. Personally, I do not see this as the biblical way. Not once is anyone invited to church in the New Testament. I'm not against it, but when that is the practice instead of actually telling people of Christ, it becomes an issue, at least for me. I've spoken with many sincere Newspring members, but also many more juvenile ones, as you can see in this thread. To a person they all say the same thing in defense of the church. Noble has actively critiqued his critics. I guess that's fair. Just don't think the pulpit is the place for it.

For an alternative view on Pajama Pages

Apr 3, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to For an alternate take on Newspring ]

I am a former anderson university where Dr. James Duncan was my professor for 70% of my classes as a communication major where we only had one professor for the entire communication department.

The people who have treated Dr. Duncan in the wrong have been removed and no longer hold working positions at newspring church. They have met with since and come to an agreement with Dr. Duncan. Dr. Duncan saw how much damage Pajama Pages actually was doing in the Christian Community espicially around Anderson and has not posted on there since December 2009.

Dr. Duncan has said countless time's he has nothing against newspring and many of his students myself included have done internships for his class from newspring. Duncan did not have a problem with Noble but rather tried to expose Noble anyway he could because of the people who did him wrong who were staff members in the church

Before you try to find everything wrong with this church maybe just maybe you need to think it's really going to be doing any good

If lives are being changed, people are meeting Jesus, and families/lifes are being restored I really don't think it matters the way they are going about it and I think if you are a believer that is something you should celebrate not scoff at

Re: For an alternative view on Pajama Pages

Apr 3, 2012, 1:32 PM

Ah so if some families are being restored its okay for the leadership of the Organization to attack and ruin the lives of any critics.

There is NO way Perry didnt know about what was being posted on twitter by the leadership of his organization. He is just as much guilty of the CRIMES committed against that family as the 4 people who did them.

null

I guess you missed the part

Apr 3, 2012, 10:08 PM

where I said perry has since this post(which is over 2 1/2 maybe even 3 years old) has met with Duncan removed those staff members from leadership/staff of newspring and Duncan has ended that website.

Sometimes you got to open your eyes in order to read

Re: I guess you missed the part

Apr 3, 2012, 2:01 PM

Ah so manning up to it after being caught is fine? How about the FACT he did nothing to stop it while it was happening?

null

According to Duncan he never met with Noble

Apr 3, 2012, 6:19 PM

he met with Newspring's attorney and an associate pastor, but as of his last post on the blog, never with Noble. Now, they may have since then, but their is no record of it in the blog

Re: According to Duncan he never met with Noble

Apr 4, 2012, 10:00 AM

never met with him or not but Noble is on twitter and there is NO way he didnt see his good buddies and fellow leaders of the organization posting the "smut" they were.

null

Apr 3, 2012, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess you missed the part ]

He who is without sin,let him first cast a stone

Apr 4, 2012, 10:02 AM

Oh gtfo with that crap. I can throw stones at the people who did and were in some way responsible for the acts committed against that man all I want. I have never done anything like that to another human being. Purposefully trying to ruin his life.

null

Duncan covers all of that in his final post

Apr 3, 2012, 6:16 PM [ in reply to For an alternative view on Pajama Pages ]

most of the critiques he made of Newspring were written well before the incident. Their are 2 sides to every story, Duncan's should be vetted as well. What happened to him though was inexcusable, and the fact Noble never met with the man, in the opinion of this pastor, is also inexcusable. I don't rail against Newspring, I do see concerns. The biggest to me is the appeal to the flesh. Worship can be many things and done many ways, but it must maintain some essential qualities. Number one is it should be holy. I never ask myself did the congregation enjoy things, I ask myself was God pleased. He is the object of worship, not us, and everything we do should bring glory to Him. Church is a place where believers come to worship a holy God. Contray to what is practiced many places today, it's not about lost people. Lost people are to be engaged in the world. The world(it's ways, not people) is not to be embraced in the church.

Re: Duncan covers all of that in his final post

Apr 3, 2012, 6:45 PM

I would also say as a pastor,with thousands saved through this ministry,GOD is pleased!Are there concerns?maybe,but all churches have problems because we are all sinners saved by the grace of GOD!lETS STOP all the fussing and remember lost people are reading all these post.

Brother, you and I know being baptized does not mean

Apr 3, 2012, 6:56 PM

you are saved. Only God knows the real numbers. And to disagree with you a little, we need to openly discuss these things. The problem is when it's done in a disrespectful and combative way. It is our responsibilty to reprove, correct, rebuke through the word. I respect your view of Newspring. I do agree it has seen many saved. That does not however reserve it from questions. For the life of me, viewing things through the bible, I see no way secular music brings glory to God as a part of worship. And as I see you serve somewhere on Sunday mornings, let me ask you this question. Can a lost person, who does not know God, without the indwelling of the Holy Sprit, actually worship God? If they cannot(as I believe scripture teaches)why should we gear our worship services to appeal to them? Worship is for God's people. They are the only ones who can do so. That does not mean we turn away the lost, God forbid, but we do not intentionally appeal to them either. It is Jesus who draws men unto Him, not an appeal to the flesh on our part

Re: Brother, you and I know being baptized does not mean

Apr 3, 2012, 7:44 PM

You are correct brother,being baptisted does not mean that one is born again!I will agree with much of what you say,I certainally dont want to come across as being mean spirited,but I do believe we should be real careful how we discuss this in an open forum that everyone can see!You are correct only one who truly knows Christ can worship,it is for Gods people,but once agian I will say that I believe that God is using this ministry to save the lost!Again I dont agree with everything that they do at NS but I also didnt agree with everything in the Independent Baptist church either,Ihope we can agree to disagree,May the LORD bless your ministry

you have in no way been mean-sprited

Apr 3, 2012, 8:11 PM

and I agree, Newspring has seen many lost come in to the fold. Honestly, when you average 20,000 per Sunday when all campuses are combined, it should be hard not to. I'm Southern Baptist, just as Newspring, and I disagree with much of where the convention is going. I believe our doctrine is sound, but we also can be quite legalistic. We do need to be careful in open forums, but discussions such as what has occurred between you and I, which has been civil, is what is needed to set the example. We disagree on some things, but we agree on Jesus. I try to model the ministry God has given me after the bible, not a denomination. We must be able to have discussions like this to keep one another from veering in directions we should not. Iron sharpens iron. But as we both have seen in many places, many who claim to be Christians still act just like the world. Jesus, nor Paul, nor Peter nor anyone in the New Testament ever strayed from trying to lead people to the truth, even people who claimed to be believers. None of us have a corner on the truth. Our mind is not His mind. But all we do must reflect scripture, and when it does not, we are to hold each other accountable. God will not judge results, as all fruit is from Him. He will judge us for faithfulness to Him and His word. None(including any church) is perfect. All of us need scrutiny in comparison to the word. We need to do so respectfully, gently and lovingly though, and that is lacking an many circles, including, many from Newspring. In a church that large that should be expected, as many false converts or baby believers would be present. It's the same in any small church, just not the volume. It's why Christ commanded us to make disciples, to "feed" His sheep. But what we feed them must adhere to scripture. I'm not speaking of methods or man made rules. rather of obedience, sacrifice, holiness, repentance. And those things must not only be preached, but demonstrated through actions. Sadly, those doctrines are lost in many places to please the masses. We live in a culture of itching ears. We must stand for Christ, and when we do, the world will not like that. The world loves Newspring. That's a problem for me

Re: you have in no way been mean-sprited

Apr 3, 2012, 8:27 PM

Well said my brother,GOD bless you!

Re: Brother, you and I know being baptized does not mean

Apr 3, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Brother, you and I know being baptized does not mean ]

"I see no way secular music brings glory to God as a part of worship."

1 Cor 9-23 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

I think what Paul is saying by being all things to all people is to not go against but rather embrace culture so some may be saved. In the song "jumper" by third eye blind that was sung a few weeks ago the series was about depression and the song is about depression. It tied into the message perfectly and dozens of people met Jesus that day through the Word that was preached and by a God who saves. I at first really didn't like the music either but if people are meeting Jesus and some people who don't know God may really like the music and than they hear a message or have a conversation or listen to a sermon or Jesus does something even through the secular song that changes the person life than I am ok with that.

The song "the cave" by mumford and sons was sung 2 weeks ago in it there is a line which says "you were meant to meet your maker" although the song is secular the line and song was tied into the message again. In a series on marriage and song of solomon the song "Love Story" By Taylor Swift was performed not only talking about an actual marriage bride but the church being the bride of Christ was tied into perfectly through this song

While these songs may not be "worship" to Jesus I do believe they have been used tastefully and with great provision and thought the way newspring has gone about them. Ultimately rather it is t shirts, music, movies, social events, or w/e else is taking place to get people interested in a church where they will hear the message of Jesus and ultimately the goal being to meet Jesus and live a Christian life than I am ok with this.

Rather it be at Newspring or some where else if people are meeting Jesus and lives are being restored and changed than I am ok with people doing all things for all people in order that same may meet Jesus Christ

Paul lived and worked in the culture

Apr 3, 2012, 10:44 PM

he did not bring it in to the church. In fact he warned sternly against doing so. He, and Jesus, taught to be in the world, but not of it. When the world(by that meaning the world's ways and worldly people) are brought in to the church, the church becomes worldly. Paul encountered the world, in the world, not in church. That is the basic disagreement. We most definitely need to engage the world, but that occurs in the world. And Paul never appealed to the flesh, he simply operated within the confines of the culture. Other writers such as James(James 4:4) and John(1 John 2:15-17)warned of this. Jesus also issued the same warning, most specifically in His letter to the church at Pergamos(Rev 2:12-17). We cannot be a friend of the world, and a friend of God. The song may match a sermon theme, but it does not bring glory to God. If it doesn't bring glory to God, how can one worship God through it?

The man is more concerned with being a comedian.

Apr 2, 2012, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

I'll be sure to "here" him though.

Apr 2, 2012, 11:04 PM

The only better racket than church is the goobermints tax man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jonah...

Apr 2, 2012, 11:48 PM

Jonah on Easter? you mean telling a story about someone being pretty much dead for three days before showing himself alive so that he could bring the good news of Gods kingdom to people?!?

How dare he talk about that!

That doesn't even resemble what happened to Jesus!!

Apr 3, 2012, 10:01 AM

http://www.pajamapages.com/holy-rage-at-the-spring-2/

A thumbs down? Guess the truth hurts.***

Apr 3, 2012, 10:26 AM

Apr 3, 2012, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

Holy crap... if even half of that is true that is some pretty damning stuff.

null

just read that...WOW! Gotta be some truth to it.***

Apr 3, 2012, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just read that...WOW! Gotta be some truth to it.***

Apr 3, 2012, 11:24 AM

I agree no way all of that is made up.

null

###### jroberts, I'm a slow reader and lost an hour of

Apr 3, 2012, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

reading that. Holy crap, that brings a whole new light to NewSpring. I will never associate with them again after reading that. The fact that Perry cannot come clean with it is damning and disturbing.

Re: ###### jroberts, I'm a slow reader and lost an hour of

Apr 3, 2012, 11:31 AM

Yep there is NO way that Perry didnt know about the twitter feed.

Very Christian like.

null

And I always post this video as a joke, but wow, I'm still

Apr 3, 2012, 11:33 AM

in shock that Perry Noble and NewSpring would let it go that far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJBd8zE48A&feature=share

lulz***

Apr 4, 2012, 12:51 PM

jiminy cricket, how long is this thing?

Apr 3, 2012, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Great Newspring Church service today about Jake Nicolopulos ]

I'm just on the part about the adoption. Do I need to plan on taking my entire lunch break?

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: jiminy cricket, how long is this thing?

Apr 3, 2012, 12:23 PM

well worth the read. How anyone can support this "Church" after its leadership did that stuff is beyond me.

Also with the team of lawyers I am sure that place has they would have gotten that site shut down if a bunch of it was not true.

null

I know several people that go to church there. I don't think

Apr 3, 2012, 1:59 PM

this information would matter to them. They either wouldn't believe it or wouldn't care.

I've been there once and it was definitely different than what I was used to. I went because I heard it was for people 'like me' that maybe had been away from the church awhile and were looking to get back into it. The service was interesting. I didn't have as much of a problem with that as I did some of the things that Perry said at the end of his sermon.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Thats what she said***

Apr 3, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to jiminy cricket, how long is this thing? ]

Nice***

Apr 4, 2012, 1:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2012, 1:25 PM

How anyone can support ANY church, is beyond me...

Apr 3, 2012, 1:46 PM

Do yall learn about Jack and the Beanstalk?

I think the only time Jesus went postal was when he threw

Apr 3, 2012, 5:59 PM

the "money changers" out of the temple. It really pizzed him off to see people trying to make a profit in the house of God.

The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there. And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade.”

Like the evangelists who beg for money on TV. Grandma is eating cat food for dinner because she sends 'em half of her social security check every month. And they have a Lear jet and 3 vacation homes. It's a crock of horsesheet. There's too much money involved with these mega-churches.

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Personal take on Newspring

Apr 4, 2012, 9:47 AM

I'm a Clemson student and I've been attending for 2 years now. I initially was invited by a friend when I wasn't really attending church anywhere. I grew up going to church with my parents and knew about Jesus and had a few times declared him as my savior but I did not live like it (freshman year of college was quite an experience....). I don't agree with everything Perry says but what attending Newspring has done for me has been the fact that I finally for the first time understand what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross and gotten me to learn what it means to live your life 100% for God, not just on Sundays and that alone has changed my life. I don't agree with the fact that there is a coffee shop in the church, I don't agree with some of the opening music choices, I don't agree that 10% of the tithe must go to the church (but I have learned that God has given me everything and I must be beyond generous!) etc... but in the long run these are minor issues compared to my salvation. Plus, one of the thing Perry teaches is that you should read your bible and do what it says. If you do this, there is no reason to blindly follow Perry but instead to follow God's word. I don't think I've every been a part of a perfect church. Every church has its flaws but what I value most is the fact that the holy spirit now lives in me and convicts me of sin on a daily basis and that one day I will get to spend eternity with my creator. I praise God that he placed someone in my life to invite me to church and that the church to do it through was Newspring.

For people who claim the church is just about "happy" sermons, a lot of tough issues are discussed. I've never heard a preacher be straight forward while discussing topics like ############/sex, money and depression. These are issues that many Americans struggle with on a daily basis yet not many preachers have the guts to call out people from the pulpit and say that the way they are living is not right.

Newspring ain't perfect but it is certainly reaching the younger generation in a way other churches have been unable to. I was at a Fuse service last year (youth group at Newspring) and I have never seen teenagers so excited to be at church. When I was a kid, I dreaded being dragged to sunday school every week. It's not for everybody but if it's helping bring back a generation to church (seen countless numbers of people abandon their faith in college), it's doing a good job.

Just my personal experience with Newspring.

Re: Personal take on Newspring

Apr 4, 2012, 9:58 AM

great post ! Thanks for sharing.

Replies: 95
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic