Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney is already missing spring practices due to academic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Clowney is already missing spring practices due to academic

Mar 13, 2012, 11:10 PM

issues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not his fault he is still adjusting to the time change.....

Mar 13, 2012, 11:17 PM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not making fun of Clowney, but I just blew my morning

Mar 14, 2012, 5:38 AM

coffee over your remark....Still LMAO. Point to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney is already missing spring practices due to academic

Mar 13, 2012, 11:18 PM

I read that is well, but I'm sure USCe is doing all they can to "help" this young man, who has zero business being in college excluding for football.

I'm sure he'll struggle this semester and then take nothing but electives during the summer to prop up his GPA to stay eligible for the fall.

he is probably only taking 9 hours a semester***

Mar 13, 2012, 11:19 PM

Do football players have to be under "full time student"

Mar 13, 2012, 11:36 PM

status? I think to be considered a full time student you have to take atleast 12 right? Although Im sure the rules are bent a little

Re: Do football players have to be under "full time student"

Mar 14, 2012, 7:56 AM

pretty sure they just have to complete 24 hours during the year meaning fall and spring semesters and then summer school in order to be eligible for the football season

Mar 13, 2012, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney is already missing spring practices due to academic ]

I would bet he couldn't pass Six grade Math or English. But as you said, he isn't there b/c he is smart. He is there b/c he is a H&ll of a FB player. They will get him through the same way we would have. Using every resource that they can use. With them, even resources on the dark side....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question is if he's that bad off academically, how did he

Mar 14, 2012, 10:53 AM

qualify to begin with, even with SEC standards they still have to meet certain NCAA standards and go thru the NCAA clearing house.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't, he was told by CU to go to prep school.

Mar 14, 2012, 12:34 PM

USuC got him classified with a mysterious learning disability that teachers never saw through 12 years of public school. So , either 12 years worth of teachers did not do their job.That'd be 12 years of teachers, or something is shady in Cracktown.

For reference Google NY Times article about his grades.

he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players

Mar 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

always do, he'll bail to the NFL draft as soon as he can if he doesn't get in major off the field trouble first....this is exactly why i don't pay any attention to their recruiting, don't care who we lose to them in recruiting, etc....they consistently sign the type of kid that we don't want at Clemson anyway. it goes all the way back to Ryan Bethea, who i grew up with in Columbia, and it continues through Summers, Watson and the other slugs they've signed who were great athletes. 99.9999999% of them like the big city nightlife, the distractions, etc. and they have the NFL on the brain AND a lot of them want to start immediately and they bail after three years to the NFL, unlike Dwayne Allen types that we've had who go to the NFL letting it be known that they owe it all to their Clemson experience and you won't have to worry about hearing Allen on MNF giving his hometown or HS when they intro offensive players, i guarantee he'll do what all the Tiger NFLers do, he'll say, "Dwayne Allen, CLEMSON TIGERS" . Most of the former Chicken players like this Clown have no love for that dump of a school, it's a means to an end, they get to play in the SEC, and they get to party in a city atmosphere with academics not high on their priority list, and oh, Columbia is my hometown, by the way. I've known a bunch of guys who played there back in the '80's and that mentality has been around there forever. Get me to the League after three years and let me play in the SEC......a degree and a family atmosphere that will be in my system the rest of my life ain't in the equation. $%$# them and their warehouse district stadium and everything about that ######## program.

Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players

Mar 13, 2012, 11:56 PM

he missed practice because he had to finish writing a paper.

good for him and go back to your Chickens board

Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 AM

where you belong.....your dump of a school, program, everything will never hold a candle to Clemson University, much less our football program....you beat us three in a row, got it....now win another 25 or so in a row and you'll be even. you guys are a complete, utter joke.

despite your anger issues

Mar 14, 2012, 9:25 AM

things will be fine. Calm down.

Mar 14, 2012, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

A paper he couldn't finish b/c he ate the lead out of his pencil....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not what was reported, it was reported he missed...

Mar 14, 2012, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

practice due to academic issues. Seriously he can't finish writing a paper for a freshman class with the help of a tutor, get real dude.

He wouldn't be the first freshman that didn't get something

Mar 14, 2012, 9:28 AM

done on time.

Re: that's not what was reported, it was reported he missed...

Mar 14, 2012, 5:52 PM [ in reply to that's not what was reported, it was reported he missed... ]

I saw the spurrier interview, spurrier was asked why he wasn't in practice and said he had an academic issue, which is an ambiguous answer, could mean he was suspended, or could just mean he had something to take care of

Another player steal his crayons ??***

Mar 14, 2012, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Re: Another player steal his crayons ??***

Mar 15, 2012, 4:06 AM

^^^^^Easily the POTD. POINT IT UP!

Mar 14, 2012, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Couldn't find a crayon to finish coloring his paper.

what about his selling his cleats that he wore

Mar 14, 2012, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

after the military appreciation day game? amongst other things. he is a train wreck, and soon the rest of you clown's (pun intended) will see

He can WRITE?

Mar 15, 2012, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Get outta heah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 14, 2012, 12:12 AM [ in reply to he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

That was worth a 100 points, but I could only give you one. I live in the same sh!t hole as you. And I absolutely hate it, and 99.999% of the people in it. I haven't made a good friend here in the 10 years I've been in this sh!t hole. In the 10 years that I have been here. The only good thing that has been done is, they move the farmers market away from get your A$$ robbed alley.

LOL, hundred points back to ya

Mar 14, 2012, 12:19 AM

i left in '89 as an 18 year old, grew up off of Forest Drive, less than 5 miles from their "campus" which is an urban dump of nothingness.....don't get me wrong, i love my hometown in the sense of that's where i'm from in a neighborhood sense but in terms of Columbia and USuCk's relationship, i despise them, their school, their program, everything about them. i'm a career Marine and when i've made it home over the last 23 years or so on leave i realize that my hatred for the Chickens hasn't mellowed with time. I have tons of friends from HS who are Chicken grads and i know from HS football about 7 dudes who played there in the late '80's and none of them, and i mean NONE of them speak of their time in that program with a lot of pride. In fact, the one's that i've run into still have bitterness about a position coach, an academic advisor or someone in the program that $%$%$# them over, according to them. And a couple of them were recruited by Clemson and wish they would have gone to CU instead. They will never admit it but they are viewed as a second tier SEC program and inside every Chicken fan is an insecure wannabe who's is waiting on the inevitable doom and gloom that they KNOW is coming one day. It has to come, it's the Chicken's program we're talking about.....they are #$%$%$# garbage.

Re: LOL, hundred points back to ya

Mar 14, 2012, 8:16 AM

someone has issues?

Mar 14, 2012, 9:31 AM

that's one angry dude. lol

Mar 14, 2012, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, hundred points back to ya ]

Someone is just telling the truth

I won't admit it because

Mar 14, 2012, 9:29 AM [ in reply to LOL, hundred points back to ya ]

it's not true.

You sound extremely angry.

Why don't you move?***

Mar 14, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

it's always been that way at scu for like at least 60 years

Mar 14, 2012, 1:34 AM [ in reply to he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

if not more

Mar 14, 2012, 8:45 AM [ in reply to he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Joe Craig says hello. Of course you didn't want Clowney, Clemson wouldn't have taken him because you don't take those type of kids. You only take high caliber players so why was Bellamy not playing at end of season??

Let me enlighten you coot

Mar 14, 2012, 9:35 AM

Notice that Criag is off the team. We don't play that. If you can't represent the university both on and off the field then you'll be gone. We don't give our players 5-10 chances just because they play for us.

Bellamy is not a bad apple. Simply a kid that needs discipline to become a better man. You know that that is also a part of a coaches job right? To take these boys and not only make them better players but better MEN!

Has your coach ever done that? Look at Garcia...enough said. I actually felt bad for the kid becuase your school and coach were enablers they should have disciplined him severly when he did it the first time but they let it go on and on and destroyed that young man's life.

Consequently, look at Allen. He was a problem kid. Got into trouble, mouthed off to Dabo and the media, and even had to have CJ Spliier tell him to leave the sideline during a game. And now he was a Mackey award winner and a potential first roung pick due to our coaching staff and school making him a better man.

In short, SHUT YOUR MOUTH when you don't know what you're talking about. Clemson has and always will be a better university not only due to our sports team but becuase we graduate mature and upstanding MEN that lead successful lives, wether they ever make it to the NFL,NBA,MLB or not.

That is was Clemson is all about.

Re: Let me enlighten you coot

Mar 14, 2012, 9:42 AM

I must admit, this was an awesome (and true) post.

Allen's story is amazing...

Joe Craig: gone

Mar 14, 2012, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Bellamy: suspended for ACCCG AND Orange Bowl....odds of Steve Superior ever doing something like that: ZERO.....we suspend our guys who do knuckleheaded stuff for games regardless as to the importance of the game or their status as starters, etc.....OR they go away permanently....Garcia gets 5 chances?? really? Summers, Watson, how many?? really? You guys are so desperate to be a legit SEC/National Power that when a kid screws up, he'll be suspended for the opener against some non-conference 1-AA school but his ### will be on the field against an SEC opponent, guaranteed. Bellamy's ### was gone in the biggest two games of the year and Craig was gone. oh, and before you bring up Deandre McDaniel, he got ONE chance to fix himself, just like everyone else and if you think there wasn't two sides to that story you're a idiot. You guys will continue to sign great talent like Clowney, Jeffery, Matthews, Robinson, Joseph, etc. and they will all do three years and poof......because they have the NFL on the brain, want to play early and if they are knuckleheads, it doesn't matter, Steve will give them 10 chances because by the time they use those chances up, they'll be at the Combine anyway. We graduate our players, Tigertown gets into their blood, and they mature as men, unlike your renegade program that has no redeeming qualities off the field at all....enjoy your recorded 2001 entry and your rooster crowing crap and your warehouse district downtown stadium that's not even on your campus.......oh, and get ready to sign another group of early departure kids next year because they are coming.....

You forget , CU wanted him,just told him he had to go to

Mar 14, 2012, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

prep school first.USuC got him classified with a learning disability.Funny thing though , 12 years of teachers never caught this................................

Mar 14, 2012, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

That's right MB was not playing at the end of the season because Dabo sent his a$$ home!!!!! Unlike spurlid suspending players for the spring game. MB was suspended for a champinship game and bowl game
Dang you are easy

You do realize

Mar 14, 2012, 12:59 PM [ in reply to he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

if they do not graduate from college, they aren't allowed to use it for the NFL introduction right?

Also, if you knew players back in the 80's with the mentality of "I want to play in the SEC then go to the NFL after 3 years," they wouldn't have gone to Carolina back then.

Most just take the easy classes then

Mar 14, 2012, 1:24 PM

"leave" for the NFL, when in reality they could not have returned for their senior year anyway.Happens at every college/university,still doesn't make it right. With all the broke 1,2,and 3 year former NFL players, a degree should be a "must".

you do know that Dwayne Allen has been at CU......

Mar 14, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to You do realize ]

for four years because he redshirted one year. So in reality he is probably a semester away from graduating. Im sure he will eventually finish that degree.

Wrong

Mar 14, 2012, 4:24 PM [ in reply to You do realize ]

NFL players do not have to have the degree to claim affiliation with the college for introductions.

Most players that list their high school either dislike their college or want to do a shout out to their high school.

Willie Parker was my favorite Tar Heel for years when he listed Clinton HS. Good enough to start for the Steelers, but Tar Heels werent clever enough to give him the ball. :)

Best post I've seen in a looooong time

Mar 14, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to he'll do what all of their other head case/talented players ]

Big thumbs up... even though I'm sure most of us would not have complained if Lattimore or Whatshisface (top recruit last year - ya'll know who I'm talkin about DE) would have decided to be Tigers.

I believe his name is Doo Doo. In case you weren't being

Mar 14, 2012, 3:47 PM

sarcastic, Clowney was the #1 overall last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Alvin Greene can graduate from USuC

Mar 14, 2012, 12:08 AM

How hard can it be? Did he forget how to sign his name?

Re: If Alvin Greene can graduate from USuC

Mar 14, 2012, 7:54 AM

forget? by definition in order to forget something, one has to be able to do it at some point in time in the past...odds are he can only "make his mark"

There is a reason he is known as do do***

Mar 14, 2012, 9:54 AM

Mar 14, 2012, 7:10 AM

Tremaine Billie.

Mar 14, 2012, 4:02 PM

And your point is??????????????

Point for drawing out some more coots for me to ignore.

Mar 14, 2012, 7:27 AM

Thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

LOL...they'll manage to keep him eligible....

Mar 14, 2012, 9:05 AM

by paying-off professors to give him passing grades or at least concealing his academic shortcomings for another two year when he leaves for the NFL. Academic eligibility has never been a priority or a real concern at The University of Second Choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...they'll manage to keep him eligible....

Mar 14, 2012, 9:30 AM

lol

the conspiracy theories are funny.

Yeah....

Mar 14, 2012, 9:32 AM

Derelict Watson, Meat Head Summers, and Retardo Hurley all say hello.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah....

Mar 14, 2012, 4:50 PM

Watson? Kicked out

Summers? Kicked out.

Hurley? Not sure why you are calling him names (other than it's the typical thing to do for most fans). Ricardo was a good guy.

Haha, Alvin Greene

Mar 14, 2012, 9:07 AM

Don't know how that guy got snubbed my MENSA. But it's all a matter of priorities. USuCk's are to put the best product on the field regardless of character and ours is that of building standup men as well as ball players.

Re: Why don't you move?***

Mar 14, 2012, 9:34 AM

Well it sounds like he did move

Dang guys

Mar 14, 2012, 9:49 AM

Being kinda rough on a teenage kid, aren't we?

Just remember, lotta guys on both teams come from less than ideal educational backgrounds. God Bless the SC educational system.

Re: Let me enlighten you coot

Mar 14, 2012, 9:52 AM

Great post. There is an obvious difference between the two programs from a discipline standpoint. Clemson players get in trouble, miss GAMES, and are given a chance to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are off the team. Now compare that to coot players who mess up, get suspended from winter workouts, and then are reinstated without missing any significant time, then they mess up again and the process starts over.

Those maroons couldn't care any less....

Mar 14, 2012, 9:57 AM

that what little was left of the character and integrity of their university, their caches, and players has been compromised and sacrificed. It was small price to pay for a couple of more wins which is why they will continue to retionalize and justify the ongoing inappropriate conduct by the coaches and players.

And they will still fail to win anything significant***

Mar 14, 2012, 10:13 AM

Mar 14, 2012, 3:04 PM

Doo doo in, doo doo out.

Most prominent word to coots.....REINSTATEMENT! (if need be)***

Mar 14, 2012, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2012, 6:27 PM

As much as I wish this true, he missed practice to take a test not because of bad academics. One of my Citadel classmates works in their athletic office

I bet Lattimore regrets his decision

Mar 15, 2012, 12:44 AM

Seems like a great young man that is truly out of place in USuC town. He should have been a Tiger and I would take him whether or not he ever plays another down. If he doesn't come back 100% watch Stevi throw him under the bus.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic