Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Final day at WCCP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 124
| visibility 1

Final day at WCCP

Jan 20, 2012, 12:44 PM

After my show today I was informed by WCCP that this was my last day on the air. The GM told me that he is continuing to try and improve and move the station forward, and that I wasn't part of their plans.

I also wont be doing any Clemson baseball this year, station or Network broadcasts. The latter of my own choosing because of the paltry schedule of games they proposed i do.

Thank you to all my listeners, sponsors and co-workers for almost 11 years of daily fun. And don't worry. Ol' Dan won't be gone long. Not long at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck and Godspeed.***

Jan 20, 2012, 12:45 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Your baseball PBP will really be missed.***

Jan 20, 2012, 12:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agreed

Jan 20, 2012, 12:49 PM

Baseball is the one sport that I believe is really enhanced by the radio call. And being a Tiger living away from Clemson I don't get to baseball games, and very rarely get them on TV, so I've been dependent on PBP over radio.

Dan, you did a great job of radio calling baseball games. It'll be missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Final day at WCCP

Jan 20, 2012, 12:46 PM

good luck dan. will miss you doing baseball

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Luck dan.***

Jan 20, 2012, 12:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that.

Jan 20, 2012, 12:47 PM

IMO, Clemson should hire you to do all baseball games. You are by far the best baseball announcer Clemson has.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best of luck***

Jan 20, 2012, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2012, 12:57 PM

Good luck Dan!

please god dont let james thurd get your spot.

Thet wanted to improve?

Jan 20, 2012, 1:21 PM

They should have started with the slots after your show until 7:00pm. That would have improved the station tremendously. Good luck, Dan. You did great interveiws and bball play by play. You will be missed.

Oh, don't even suggest that........

Jan 20, 2012, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Final day at WCCP ]

I'll have to quit listening to 104.9.

What a TERRIBLE decision by WCCP. WOW.

Never and easy thing for a man to stomach

Jan 20, 2012, 12:58 PM

...but you'll do well wherever you land and I'm sure they'll be lucky to have you. Good luck Dan, we'll say some prayers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you, Dan.***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:02 PM

Very well stated, Stanley. ***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:15 PM

Jan 20, 2012, 1:03 PM

Terrible to hear. Always enjoyed the show and your talent and enthusiasm as play by play announcer

Sorry to hear this.....are they stupid?

Jan 20, 2012, 1:06 PM

Dan, you were the only sports show that I listened to with any regularity. Your baseball play by play will be missed. (you are way better than those other guys). Sometimes in life you just have to say "REALLY" and just move on. Land on your feet and don't look back and when they realized they made a mistake make them pay you DOUBLE to come back! Best of luck to you. Keep us (your fans) informed.

Good luck Dan!***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:07 PM

Re: Final day at WCCP- Dan you've always seemed likea good

Jan 20, 2012, 1:09 PM

guy and you do a good job. I'm sure you will land and to be honest you are better to be away from there. the station is not good and sinking fast in my opinion

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What direction?? I'm sad.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:09 PM

Good Luck. What direction would that be?

Re: What direction?? I'm sad.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:14 PM

Only direction now is downward. Dan's was the only decent show on they had.

This is Ridiculous!

Jan 20, 2012, 1:15 PM

Your show was always the best on the station. Walt and James are beyond horrible. Guess I won't be listening to WCCP any more.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:18 PM

GBest of Luck! Absolutely ignorant move by WCCP....one they WILL regret. Thanks for the years!

That's no good, Dan...

Jan 20, 2012, 1:24 PM

Sorry to hear that, best of luck. Really thought you did an outstanding job calling the baseball games.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:26 PM

Dan, I have always enjoyed your show, best of luck.

Dan,
As a fellow broadcaster and only Clemson fan on Gamecock Flagship station here in Columbia, I am floored! I have been in this business a long time, and sometimes the unexplainable occurs. This is one of those times. I know you will return better than ever. Good Luck!

Bad decision

your show was different. They informed you today that it was your last day? Not much notice.

Fire up those Fax machines TNet******

Jan 20, 2012, 1:28 PM

I enjoyed your show. Sorry to hear this news :(***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:28 PM

Sorry to hear that, best of luck!***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:30 PM

you were the best Dan***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:31 PM

Come to Atl Dan

Jan 20, 2012, 1:31 PM

I'm tired of all the bs UGA propaganda on the airwaves here. You would be a great asset 790 The Zone or 680 The Fan in this market. I never called your show but when I had the chance I only logged onto your show. It was the best for Clemson insight for sure.

You'll be missed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come to Atl Dan

Jan 20, 2012, 2:30 PM

Dan - I agree w/ P&G here. Come on to the ATL. I've enjoyed your show via the net. I hate to hear they did ya that way. Best of luck to ya!

Chicken-Killin I hate them dirt pecking birds (except on a plate...)

I second that motion...

Jan 20, 2012, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Come to Atl Dan ]

...can't stand Buck and Kincade. In fact, I started listening to WCCP via my iphone instead of those clowns. Kincade takes swipes at Clemson at any given opportunity. Wish he'd take his sorry Yankee @ss back to Phili where he belongs.

I'm also done with WCCP

Jan 20, 2012, 1:32 PM

Dan and Mickey are the only shows worth listening to.
And Dan's baseball commentary was fantastic.

Hope Clemson pulls all their affiliation with this POS station and finds one a little more worthy.

You don't need that two-bit station. WCCP has been wiped

Jan 20, 2012, 10:13 PM

from my radio memory button.

Re: I'm also done with WCCP

Jan 21, 2012, 6:37 AM [ in reply to I'm also done with WCCP ]

Who do we contact at CU to let them know that Wccp should be pulled as the flagship? CU needs a bigger station anyway. This is a poor decision, I don't care what "their" numbers may say. If they are low then they are using him wrong.
Not to mention cutting him loose as he described.

Best of luck Dan!

Jan 20, 2012, 1:34 PM

I'm unable to listen to the station during the day, but I will sorely miss you Dan on the baseball broadcasts that I routinely listen to over the net. Best of luck, but we know that people who are talented, passionare, and treat others with respect make their own "luck."

One of the better baseball broadcasters anywhere

Jan 20, 2012, 1:36 PM

and at any level.

We'll miss you Dan. Hope you land on your feet quickly.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:37 PM

Always enjoyed your baseball PBP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I heard Buster's in Boise is looking for a parttime barkeep!

Jan 20, 2012, 1:41 PM

run into you soon, I'm sure

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what new coot will be added***

Jan 20, 2012, 1:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan, i am sorry to hear this disappointing news

Jan 20, 2012, 1:44 PM

i wish you the very best going forward. you are a talented person. greater things will come your way!

Does WCCP even know what it really wants. This was a very

Jan 20, 2012, 10:52 PM

bad decision by management. Good luck to you Dan you will be missed. I hope you land at ESPN 1400 / 97.3 they kick butt and are one of if not the best sports station around.

Former WCCP employee Mark Hauser is the GM and he and his staff have done great things with that station.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan, sorry to hear that. When I worked at the Seneca Journal

Jan 21, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Dan, i am sorry to hear this disappointing news ]

I used to commute in from G'ville. Loved listening to your show on the ride over. I live in NC now but listened to your PBP via the web. Good luck.

Bad decision by WCCP

Jan 20, 2012, 1:49 PM

I really liked listening to your show. Good Luck!

Sorry to hear it, Dan. Especially baseball.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:50 PM

I'm not even a baseball fan and I really enjoyed your broadcasts for the Tigers. Sounds like a big mistake.

Good luck in whatever you get into next! Keep us posted!

null

The only show I really enjoyed listening to

Jan 20, 2012, 1:51 PM

Great interviews and content, and a great spirit of humility. Guess I can save a spot on my presets on the radio by removing CCP now.

DAN, I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU LEAVE.I HAVE ENJOYED KNOWING YOU ALL OF THESE YEARS.I WISH YOU THE BEST AT FURMAN , AND IN WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO.

YOU AND MICKEY WERE THE ONLY GOOD DJ'S AT WCCP. I GUESS THEY WILL HIRE ANOTHER GAMECOCK TO RUN OUR FLAGSHIP STATION.
THANKS
CALVIN

PS I WILL PROBABLY RUN INTO YOU SOMETIME, IF I CAN SEE YOU, SINCE YOU HAVE LOST ALL OF THAT WEIGHT

11 yrs of fun is right. You were the only show i listened to

every day, and i loved your pbp of baseball. Guess that's it for WCCP in this house. Good luck to you Dan. I know you'll find somewhere that appreciates you. Let us know where that is so we can join you!!!

Jan 20, 2012, 1:54 PM

bad decision, disappointing news

What a terrible decision by WCCP. You had the best show by

Jan 20, 2012, 1:57 PM

far on that station. Guess I won't be tuning into WCCP

Thanks Dan, you will be missed.

Jan 20, 2012, 1:57 PM

Your a better man than you are a play by play announcer and that is saying a lot. I will miss your enthusiasm for the Tigers and want to let you know your contributions to the community are greatly appreciated.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WCCP is a weak station

Jan 20, 2012, 1:59 PM

Dan, you were my favorite on WCCP. Otherwise the station has a poor lineup. I have long felt that WCCP was too weak(signal power) to be the flagship station for a university the size of Clemson. I am less than twenty five air miles from Clemson, and I can barely pickup the signal in my house. And this is on several high-quality radios. I wish Clemson would find a better station to associate with.
You are tops so I feel you will find a better gig.
GOOD LUCK!

What time are Walt and JT getting the same news?******

Jan 20, 2012, 1:59 PM

Very sorry to hear that, Dan.

Jan 20, 2012, 2:00 PM

You will be missed, especially during baseball season.

May God bless you wherever your next position is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Good Luck!***

Jan 20, 2012, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Time to***

Jan 20, 2012, 2:33 PM

Boycott*******

Jan 20, 2012, 2:34 PM

Jan 20, 2012, 2:35 PM

Will miss you doing Clemson Baseball. You made the game interesting not only for Clemson but for their opponents.
Good luck in your next endeavors.

Best wishes for a quick return Dan*****

Jan 20, 2012, 2:39 PM

Sorry to hear this. Good luck with your future ventures.***

Jan 20, 2012, 2:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm done with WCCP***

Jan 20, 2012, 2:48 PM

Best part of WCCP is gone***

Jan 20, 2012, 2:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Best of luck to you!

Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 PM

It's typical that when this situation arises you end up better off then where you were.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is WCCP's loss!

Jan 20, 2012, 3:01 PM

I did not get to listen to your show as much as I would liked to since I cannot have a radio in the office. However, I always enjoyed your show and wish you the best of luck.

Re: I expect Phil Kornblutt to work his way on to the

Jan 20, 2012, 3:18 PM

program schedule, as well as callers like #### Will to have even more air time. Doesn't matter much to those of us who recognized the station for what it is a long time ago and stopped listening. Dan Scott seems too professional for this "chicken" station charading as a Clemson flagship anyway.

Shocked

Jan 20, 2012, 3:24 PM

I am sorry to hear this. I listened to the show on a regular basis. The show always had good conversation and interviews. WCCP has very limited programming and this only makes it worse. It seems like they are trying to alienate the listening audience. Maybe it is time for the listeners to give them what they want: stop listening. Best wishes Dan for the future. I hope you find yourself in greener pastures.

Come to the Midlands for Clemson Fans. G-Luck Dan!

Jan 20, 2012, 3:31 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2012, 3:38 PM

I have always enjoyed you Dan. You have always been one of the consistent voices of WCCP. Im not happy about this. I wish you the best.

So tell us the truth Dan.....

Jan 20, 2012, 3:40 PM

is the station run by a gamecock?
Is Gamecock Will an employee?
Does Deptula live in someone's basement?

Jan 20, 2012, 3:42 PM

I guess that just goes to show that I don't know anything about RADIO!!
Your show was by far the best presentation of true "sports talk". I really appreciate that you rarely tried to "generate" discussion especially with regards to Clemson. You were able to discuss intelligent topics from the discourse occurred naturally with the listeners.

You will be greatly missed in Baseball, good luck in the future (especially with Furman and with your weight loss).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Further proof that this station sucks*******

Jan 20, 2012, 3:44 PM

This is shameful

Jan 20, 2012, 4:02 PM

Over the last few years, WCCP has steadily been made worse. I highly enjoyed your baseball games, and your morning show.

I just can't fathom how they go extending Walt's time slot, bring in James Thurn, and get rid of Dan. It's like they're trying to make the station suck.

Ah well, I won't bother listening anymore. This is the last straw. Good luck to you Dan, let us know where we can hear you later!

The Father and Son show that comes on in the evening

Jan 20, 2012, 4:11 PM

BLOWS, Both have egos as big as Texas and NEVER listen to another persons opinion. If someone opinion isnt what thers are they will start getting loud make you shut up and try and drill ther beliefs into your head , If you dont agree at the end they call you a idiot. I HATE THER SHOWS. I listen to WCCP all day EVERYDAY in my shop . NO MORE

Just another in a long line of bad decisions made @ WCCP.

Jan 20, 2012, 4:12 PM

Best of luck, Dan, we'll miss you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Just another in a long line of bad decisions made @ WCCP.

Jan 20, 2012, 4:16 PM

Good move, all Dan talked about was baseball, mostly Cincy related. Who cares?
TOL

sorry to see you go.i enjoyed your show and will continue to listen to you when and where you return.thanks for the many enjoyable clemson baseball broadcasts.good luck in your future endeavors.

Very dissapointing news***

Jan 20, 2012, 4:25 PM

Old Boy only reason I listened to these so called experts was your voice in the wilderness now no reason to listen. All the best and thanks for knowing and loving baseball like a few of us.
Bill W.

Jan 20, 2012, 9:56 PM

Dan, you will be missed. I enjoyed your listening to your show and to the baseball play-by-play. You and Mickey were the only ones I listened to. I wish you much success in whatever is next for you.

Jan 20, 2012, 4:28 PM

Sorry to hear that Dan... I wish you the best.

Disappointed in WCCP - Best of luck, Dan

Jan 20, 2012, 4:34 PM

Your play-by-play was a pleasure to listen to and a part of what makes Clemson baseball special. I wish you all the best.

Here's what I emailed the station:

Chris,

My name is (removed) and I graduated from Clemson in 2007. I don't live in the upstate anymore, but I still listen to most baseball games through WCCP's website. I wanted to write you to express my disappointment with the fact that Dan Scott is being replaced.

Dan's was by far my favorite program on WCCP when I lived in the area. His play-by-play calling of the baseball games was superb and he was an important part of the Clemson baseball experience. It will sadden me when the Tigers play ball this spring and Dan won't be there doing the commentary.

I believe the decision to replace your most talented on-air personality was a mistake and you will see your audience decline as a result.

Good Luck and Godspeed.

Jan 20, 2012, 4:46 PM

Though I am a rival fan, I will miss listening to your show when I am in the upstate. Hope you pick up something soon. Godspeed.

Peace,

Rogue

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Jan 20, 2012, 5:00 PM

Sorry to hear you are leaving Dan, your show was the only one I listed to with any regularity. Walt's show grates on my nerves with the back and forth between him and his callers, and Thurn strikes me as a know it all like Walt.

Really going to miss your morning show...

Jan 20, 2012, 5:04 PM

as it was the only thing I would listen too outta the daily lineup and most of all your play-by-play of Clemson Baseball will greatly be missed...Good Luck in your future endeavors

Message was edited by: HORRY TIGER 2®

Booooo!

Jan 20, 2012, 5:07 PM

Such a gentleman and such a benefactor of the community. Very disappointed....Guess I better get a netter antenna so I can catch Furman broadcasts up here in the mountains. Best of luck. You will be fine.

Good look Dan. Clemson should ditch WCCP and keep you

Jan 20, 2012, 5:14 PM

for baseball.

So...we lose Dan, but Yannity's still here. Go figure.***

Jan 20, 2012, 5:17 PM

Re: So...we lose Dan, but Yannity's still here. Go figure.***

Jan 21, 2012, 11:47 PM

I'm done will WCCP.

Good Luck Dan

I'd call it a blessing in disguise as WCCP has no clue

Jan 20, 2012, 5:15 PM

While enjoyable to hear the show, the mismanagement there is going to drag down anyones career. To walk in and say "SEE YA" shows their true colors. Better opportunities await!

That confirms my suspicion that WCCP is run by idiots.

Jan 20, 2012, 5:32 PM

I hated every single thing about that backwards radio station except your show. Also your play by play is appreciated by every Clemson baseball fan I know. I actually thought you should be doing football games over Yannity.

Hopefully WCCP fails and gets cleaned out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2012, 5:36 PM

Informative
Professional
Enjoyable
I guess these are things that the station is no longer promoting with your dismissal. Thank You for making my mornings more enjoyable these past few years.

Good luck, Dan***

Jan 20, 2012, 5:36 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Best of luck Dan

Jan 20, 2012, 6:28 PM

Always enjoyed you, especially your baseball broadcasts. WCCP has no idea what they're talking about and is doing away with yet another local talent. Before too long they'll be unrecognizable.

I wish the best for you.

Jan 20, 2012, 6:32 PM

best of luck. really wish they'd get you for all the baseball games.

By far the best show going. What a classless group that

Jan 20, 2012, 7:20 PM

would give a man that had given almost 11 years of his life this news in this manner. Not only a lack of professionalism but its also very unhumanitarian. A man with a family and you cut him loose at the end of his shift with no warning or notice. I know this won't make it better but , in the long run, you're probably going to be better off by getting away from this sorry organization. I'm done with them. I just can't wait until CU axes them from being the flagship station. Best of luck Dan. I hope to hear you again soon. God bless you and your family.

Jan 20, 2012, 7:26 PM

Dan, I would tune in on the internet from the Pee Dee to listen to your show, you will be missed.

VERY sorry. You are a pro.

Jan 20, 2012, 7:27 PM

I hope to hear you again real soon. Let us know where and I'll bet you will get a lot of Tigernetters as followers.

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Good luck Dan!

Jan 20, 2012, 7:33 PM

I really enjoyed your shows & your PBP calls of baseball were fantastic!

I'll definitely miss your CU Baseball broadcasts!

Really? That's a #### shame Dan...really enjoyed your show***

Jan 20, 2012, 7:54 PM

GO TIGERS

Dan is by far the best talent at WCCP. Mickey and deptula

Jan 20, 2012, 8:07 PM

are a distant second. Listening to the James T guy makes me want to vomit. Clemson baseball won't be the same. The former pitcher - can't think of his name - is god awful. Dan must be bangin the manager's wife.

Jan 20, 2012, 8:30 PM

> The GM told me that he is
> continuing to try and improve and move the station
> forward,

Great!

> and that I wasn't part of their plans.

I guess they're not trying to improve the station after all. Pffft!

Sad to hear the news...Good Luck

Jan 20, 2012, 8:58 PM

I know you will find a better job.

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

The direction they are going is DOWN

Jan 20, 2012, 9:04 PM

Hate to hear it Dan. I live in Texas but yours was the only show I would listen to on the internet from WCCP. Good luck in your endeavors.

Dan, Chris in Greenville here, that ship is sinking.

Jan 20, 2012, 9:08 PM

Getting off it is not a bad thing.

Good Luck Danny - set sail for better water

Jan 20, 2012, 9:16 PM

probly be better off

null

Good Luck Dan to bad the station isn't worth a ####

Jan 20, 2012, 10:03 PM

and I would guess they have keep that pos show James Thurn

go 103.1, everyone will follow you there

Thurn sucks***

Jan 22, 2012, 1:21 PM

Good luck

Jan 20, 2012, 10:05 PM

You are the best! Will miss you.

Jan 20, 2012, 10:24 PM

Dan, I'm not gonna' do like many of the other folks and spend time criticizing the other shows. I enjoy all of them. Each show has it's own flavor. That's what makes the station interesting. I always thought that you were extremely prepared as well as being a real voice of reason. You conducted your show with such professionalism and class. You will be missed Dan.

I'm sorry that the situation was handled in this manner. You deserved better that this. I know you will do well wherever, and in whatever you do. Best of luck to you.

Jan 20, 2012, 10:44 PM

Best wishes bro!

WCCP will not be able to keep its head above water now(long)

Jan 21, 2012, 7:44 AM

Mickey Plywood and his 45 minute commercial plugs, sucks the life out of you from 6-9

James Thurn or turn, or turner, or walt jr, is just more yelling and "I TOLD YOU SO" before the big bang yelling hours with the man himself and his AWESOME (and by awesome, I mean TERRIBLE) producer... Diptula

who is going to fill in? the guys from "Changing gears?"... that show will never be able to keep up the ratings or bring in enough money.

this move baffles me.

the only way to show your support for Dan, although, he won't agree and will tell you not to do it, because HE HAS CLASS.

Is to NOT listen and call up each one of the sponsors... I am sure by now, you have PATTAX memorized, Carolina flooring specialist, BGR the burger joint, Pendleton Tire company, etc.... and tell them you are not going to support them because of their lame excuse of a radio station. after all, money is what drives this station and the bus driver is a dang ole COOT

Good luck Dan... I am sure you will be in a real palatial studio real soon, instead of that dump they call a radio station.

I'm done with WCCP once and for all.

some enormously rich person, needs to buy a radio station that is 100% clemson and put wccp out on the streets... no more 50/50 gamecock talk... this wouldn't happen in columbia and it shouldn't happen in our own back yard.

Clemson Blues Brothers

Re: WCCP will not be able to keep its head above water now(long)

Jan 21, 2012, 9:37 AM

you will now get you know, you know, Gamecock Billy and Gamecock Will. they will tear Clemson apart with their great wisdom. when these two coots get through their spewing holtz spit talk. Dan you did a great job. good luck from here.

Jan 21, 2012, 9:15 AM

Dan,i'm shocked do not know what / how to say you be miss by me especially on wccpfm and clemson baseball.
i was going to email you on the where about is tom vanhou.haven't from him on your show on fridays when i'm off work.

Lord Jesus Christ Blessings to you / your Family

Sorry you had to leave, Mickey's about all they've got now.***

Jan 21, 2012, 9:31 AM

Will really miss you calling the CU baseball games. Always

Jan 21, 2012, 9:35 AM

enjoyed your knowledge and enthusiasm. Please keep us updated as to where you may be broadcasting.

Jan 21, 2012, 10:34 AM

Best of luck to you! Don't understand the GM's thinking but perhaps this will lead you to bigger and better things.

Jan 21, 2012, 10:46 AM

Dan, very sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you. Your baseball broadcast came in loud & clear all the way to La. You were the best.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the best, Dan...

Jan 21, 2012, 12:00 PM

It is truly WCCP's loss, and they have lost this listener for good. Frankly, everything else save the actual game broadcasts are awful now (Pre-game, Tailgate (come back, Russ Cassell :)), and 5th Qtr). But Dan, you WILL bounce back, and bounce back quickly. You are a class gentleman.

Jan 21, 2012, 12:27 PM

As much as I'll miss your show the community will miss all the good work you do for various charities through your program...who knows perhaps you wii be doing PBP for your beloved Reds when Marty Brenneman retires.

Thanks Dan***

Jan 21, 2012, 10:44 PM

Dan, I say WCCP needs to be boycotted.....

Jan 21, 2012, 11:39 PM

I know you are bigger than that, and thats why you were the best part of that station. However, we need to voice our displeasure and also demand more out the flagship station for OUR university.

Best of luck!!!

sorry to see u go my friend. You are the best ever!!!

Jan 22, 2012, 2:19 AM

nm

Replies: 124
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic