Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of y'all are confused over this 9-2 record stuff.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Some of y'all are confused over this 9-2 record stuff.

Nov 21, 2011, 3:28 PM

There's a difference between being 9-2 after the 3 most recent weeks of poor performance on the field versus 9-2 with losses to perhaps Auburn and VT but playing at peak performance the last three weeks.

Ya see, you can ask folks why they are so unhappy about a 9-2 record but I think you've asked the wrong question. The question to ask them is why they are unhappy after starting off 8-0 but going into the USuC game with a 9-2 record.

The logical answer is that they will express their concern about going into the USuC game after three consecutive weeks of worse and worse performance on the field. They are unhappy, not because of the 9-2 record per se, but the logical conclusion that if we continue to trend downward in our play, as the last three weeks have shown, that we will likely lose to USuC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beat the coots and all will be forgiven.***

Nov 21, 2011, 3:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Hardly

Nov 21, 2011, 3:52 PM

It'll just make the performance in the past three games sting a little less......and then burn all the more.

I am all for beating the chickens...everytime and at any game.....chinese checkers I don't give a chickens butt.....beat the snot out of them at whatever we do. But there is no way we don't get our heads bashed in, if we continue to play like we have the past three.

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Why he's saying all will be forgiven. We'll have

Nov 21, 2011, 4:00 PM

to play a good game to beat them. Definitely not the way we have the past several weeks. Get the confidence back headed in to the ACCCG.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's right though.

Nov 22, 2011, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Hardly ]

If we beat the coots (not saying it's likely), but IF we do - we are sitting at 10-2 with a win over our top 15 rival (who has gotten the better of us the past two seasons) with our own top-15 ranking going into the ACC Championship game. Then all of a sudden the ACC Champion isn't so clear cut anymore.

Problem is, I don;t see that happening****

Nov 22, 2011, 1:53 PM [ in reply to beat the coots and all will be forgiven.*** ]

Yep. Agreed!***

Nov 21, 2011, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of y'all are confused over this 9-2 record stuff.

Nov 21, 2011, 3:32 PM

Ding,ding,ding,ding. You win the booby prize!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are the bewbs he won? It'd be the bright spot of the

Nov 21, 2011, 3:53 PM

day

Agreed.***

Nov 21, 2011, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally...

Nov 21, 2011, 3:36 PM

Someone that gets it and understands some context.

This team was 8-0, on fire and in the national title hunt, and is now dangerously close to finishing 9-5.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Up might be the only direction from here?

Nov 21, 2011, 3:33 PM

Its a hail of a consolation statement ain't it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. At this rate 8-0 turns in to 9-5

Loss to NCST, loss to USuC, loss to VT/UVA, and cap it all off with a loss to a middle of the road SEC in the Peach Bowl.

chicken***

Nov 21, 2011, 3:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are 1-2 in our last three games***

Nov 21, 2011, 3:39 PM

Nov 21, 2011, 3:44 PM

Agreed, but we also need to respond and reverse the trend. That is what we have not been able to do in the past. We usually fold and give-up on the season by playing or playing just below the level of our competition. I refuse to be pessimistic this season. Responding to the trend would speak volumes to me about the direction of the program.

Yep

Nov 21, 2011, 3:50 PM

9-2 is much better than I thought we'd be at the beginning of the season. But when we got to 5-0, we should not have lost another game. SCU would have been the only toss up...

We should be 11-0 and there is no legitimate excuse for us not to be.

Well, regardless of when the losses occur , we

Nov 21, 2011, 3:50 PM

stil gotta play usc this weekend. It is never fun nor easy to come off a loss, but this is a team that at least knows what it is capable of doing, both good and bad. The boys just gotta get their head on right and do it ....no other way around it. Other than that , whether or not some fans are happy or not with a 9-2 record shouldn't have anything to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, regardless of when the losses occur , we

Nov 21, 2011, 4:01 PM

all these fans that are so unhappy, will not need their ACCCG tickets, so get rid of them and sell them to the fans who really care about what happens to this team.. All the bad mouthing and insults and blame throwing is not going to help this team...they all know what they have done wrong...so sell em....you can talk all week about this loss, but I hope the team is doing more important things like getting focused and not listening to all this crap.....you want bad team morale.. keep it up idiots..

THIS should be the POTD!

Nov 22, 2011, 5:41 AM

I couldn't agree more! I have to go to the Gamecock forum to find positive stuff on my Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry. That just makes way too much sense.*

Nov 21, 2011, 3:52 PM

nm

Re: Sorry. That just makes way too much sense.*

Nov 22, 2011, 5:41 AM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2011, 3:55 PM

There is the problem though. You can`t ever satisfy a select few. After any loss, and I do mean any loss, they want someone fired or on the hot seat. Now , to me that is either a coot ... or someone who has a problem mentally. Nobody but 1 or 2 teams a yr go undefeated. I have yet to see these same, "it`s not that we lose but how we lose" crowd come here after a loss and tell everyone to pick their heads up , it`s one game and we had a chance. Nope, all they can do is gripe. right girlish if ya ask me. They can`t hold up to that scrutiny in their lives but they want to force it on everything around them.
I , along with everyone else hated seeing what I saw Sat night. And yet, yet it is but one meaningless game. I`ve saw some say, look what happened , we coulda been top 5. Let me ask this, are we before yesterday or now really a top 5 team yet. NOOOO!!! get over it, we are headed in that direction and I think thats what pissing some of you so called clemson fans off the most and you`re hoping beyond all hope that it gets derailed.
Losing happens at every college every yr. Why doesnt Saban get fired over losing at home to LSU.? i mean if WE expect perfection and cant even deal with one little loss, wonder what BAMA fans do to him. Good Grief , must be unlivable. And yet, he loses one almost every yr. FIRE him.
That is the mindset of "some" here. I remember back in the late 70`s, how we were starting to win a few games. and All clemson fans , just wanted to win. They hated losing just as much then, but when we lost, they showed up the next Sat and cheered and yelled for their Tigers.They didn`t stand around water coolers saying after we had won 8 games, saying , wonder who the next coach gonna be!!It`s time to take yer panties off and put on yer big boy pullups and hate to lose , but keep cheering to win!!!

You seem to be ok with losing to NCSU

Nov 21, 2011, 3:58 PM

good for you.

There's a difference

Nov 21, 2011, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of y'all are confused over this 9-2 record stuff. ]

between losing a hard fought game against a team that has talent and ability equal or greater than that of your own, and getting a mud hole stomped in you by a team you were supposed to handle easily.

Nov 21, 2011, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of y'all are confused over this 9-2 record stuff. ]

PAWS66 you are correct in some many ways.. love the post...the same people who call for a firing every lossl, for god's sake and everyone else.. go put on your garnet and black or some other sh$$$y color...

Nov 21, 2011, 3:58 PM

What you're not saying is my concern that teams have figured us out, and exploiting us on BOTH sides of the ball. They now know that Boyd will hit the hands of 4-6 defenders with possible INT's. They know we are apt to fumble 2-3 times a game and do not protect the ball like we should. They now know that our D can't stop the RUN if we had 22 players on D. We will make their weakazz RB's look like world class Heisman candidates.

With teams understanding our obvious weaknesses, it's getting easier and easier for teams to hang around and possibly beat our group even with less-talented players. Ask Wake, Maryland, Troy, Wofford, etc...

It is NOT easy to watch "Cardiac CLEMSON".

Nov 21, 2011, 4:01 PM

Couldn't have said any better myself.

Agreed, 100%

Nov 22, 2011, 7:36 AM

You are right Clembert. It's the WAY we lost that I'm upset about. Not the record.

Yeah, I'm not upset about 9 - 2...

Nov 22, 2011, 9:03 AM

I'm upset about how we are getting worse and worse each week. If we keep getting worse, and the teams we play keep getting better, that's not really a good recipe for winning games. I'm hoping the Tigers will turn it around for the shamecocks. We know they can. They'll have to show heart and just man-up! It's all mental from here on out.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

ClemBert, you speak the truth!!!***

Nov 22, 2011, 9:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syntax analysis reveals that you are

Nov 22, 2011, 10:35 AM

an economist - maybe world class level. Worst case - you are Alan Greenspan's nephew. A lot of numbers analysis and ghostly rhetoric. Pretense of knowing the outcomes, but no solution.

Definitely an economist. Unless you intended the phrasing as a joke.

I've actually got more faith we'll play well now, b/c economists rarely get it right!

You kiddin? He dropped out of high school in the 10th grade.***

Nov 22, 2011, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly my point!

Nov 22, 2011, 12:18 PM

Refer to the movie "Being There", where a gardner becomes president's chief of staff. His "6th grade" wisdom and simple approach was better than all the elitist educated.

And so to repeat my point: this "expert" analysis is pretty good SOUNDING. And probably wrong.

If a Keynesian economic theorist:

Nov 22, 2011, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Syntax analysis reveals that you are ]

then, yes, they are almost always wrong.

That's not true.

Nov 22, 2011, 11:11 AM

If we had beaten everyone we're "supposed to beat," but lost to Auburn and VT, people would be complaining that we "can't get over the hump" and "can't win a big game that matters."

Instead, since we won big games but lost to two inferior teams, they complain that we aren't intense enough and aren't focused.

Basically, our team is going to be criticized either way for being 9-2 and not 11-0.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm not confused. A lot of people need satisfaction in life

Nov 22, 2011, 12:45 PM

through bi###ing, and no matter the circumstances you're going to hear it. Why should a collection of Clemson football fans be any different?

Go Tigers! Beat the Mangi! Then win the ACC! Then win the Orange Bowl!

####! That's cool to say heading into Thanksgiving.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2011, 1:29 PM

Ya'll folks should have been a student when I was there. 1968 through 1971 football seasons were a disaster. Didn't have a winning season. Was in the USAF overseas in '74 when we finally had a winning season again and people were sending me clippings. Quit your bitchin and enjoy. I've enjoyed each and every winning season we've had. And did I mention that we were 1-3 against the lamecocks while I was there.

Nov 22, 2011, 1:37 PM

> There's a difference between being 9-2 after the 3
> most recent weeks of poor performance on the field
> versus 9-2 with losses to perhaps Auburn and VT but
> playing at peak performance the last three weeks.
>

The difference is we never would've sniffed the top 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2011, 1:38 PM

Dr. Phil, I didn't know you were a tiger fan!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic