Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My apology letter to Heather Dinich...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 51

My apology letter to Heather Dinich...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:13 PM

Dear Sammich Maker,

I am very sorry for the misogynistic portrayal of you in my tigernet signature. I feel horrible at how this makes wimmens on the intranet feel when they open up my post and see that sexist picture there. I know all they are trying to do is learn something about football, and I have deflated their esteem.

Women have every right to be sports reporters as men. The days of the "good ol' boys" running this world is over. You have every right to jump the gun and celebrate the fall of the Clemson football team at the halfway point of a football game. The fans should never make you revisit this unprofessional and ignorant act because you are a woman. I mean if it were a man, I would rub his face in it.

Anonymously yours,

Frank Gillespie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's no crying in football!!!!"

Oct 17, 2011, 2:15 PM

Ok, so it was baseball when Tom Hanks said it, but still.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now go makes my sammich

Oct 17, 2011, 2:16 PM

it's what you're good at.

Sports reporting... not so much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That there's funny. On a serious note...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:16 PM

I don't like women football reporters. I also don't like former player football reporters. There aren't many good football reporters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's funny

Oct 17, 2011, 2:17 PM

that someone with an anonymous handle is calling other people on here sissies.

Sack up and tell everyone, including Heather Dinich, what your real name is if you're going to attack her personally.

For the record, I don't take what she says personally Maybe you shouldn't either, Francis1968.

--"true"
(aka dumbarse)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

massage-a-nistic?

Oct 17, 2011, 2:18 PM

I thought you were baptist?

Re: massage-a-nistic?

I am anonymous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Gillespie

Oct 17, 2011, 2:20 PM

Why don't you just man up and TELL US YOUR NAME!

I ain't "Mr Puddintane"?***

Oct 18, 2011, 12:33 PM

The best part is Munson in the background. Priceless!!!!***

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's in the oven...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:19 PM

henry's idea

what's sad is that you even felt like you had to include the

Oct 17, 2011, 2:29 PM

reference quote on the bottom to explain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I know***

Oct 17, 2011, 2:32 PM

I didn't notice that *L****

Oct 17, 2011, 2:22 PM [ in reply to The best part is Munson in the background. Priceless!!!!*** ]

QUITE POSTING ANONOMOUSLY JERK!***

Oct 17, 2011, 2:21 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My apology letter to Heather Dinich...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:23 PM

My dear "Anonmyous Frank":

Kudos to you for enlightening the afore-mentioned sammich maker Hooter Dimwitch as to her blatant attempt to pre-jump the AP, UPI, CBS. RSN, ESuCPN, II, U, FSS, FSCP, etc. regarding the outcome of the Clemson-Murryland football game Satdy night. Your assessment of her qualifications are concurrent and in parallel with the Logic of Columbia, which shall "endeavor to have her persevere" in the class of Stephen of Nine Interceptions.

Anonymously Yours,
Ron Wright

PS: Dabo, did she get your right????? If not, send it back.

Point for your heartfelt sincerity***

Oct 17, 2011, 2:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

ummmm...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:25 PM

"Women have every right to be sports reporters as men"

Why do they have to have a ##### change operation to be a sports reporter?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: My apology letter to Heather Dinich...

Oct 17, 2011, 2:36 PM

Not to mention, can you imagine the outrage if a man had made that kind of premature release?

Im looking you up on fb Frank Gillespie***

Oct 17, 2011, 2:36 PM

Hah!!!

Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM

I'm anonymous on there too

We're already friends***

Oct 17, 2011, 3:35 PM

I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they

Oct 17, 2011, 3:28 PM

were unprofessional. I didn't say "un-womanly" or "un-reporterly" or "un-sports-caster-ly." Unprofessional. Both women and men can commit unprofessional acts. She made me mad saying what she did. But it had nothing to do with the fact she was a female. Want to attack her? Then attack her lack of professionalism.

Funny how some people attack women reporters from a sexual perspective. Either they are "so hot" that some people have to make very immature/inappropriate comments about them--or they say something unpopular, and some people have to attack them by "ridiculing" them for being female.

Then come the comments about how women shouldn't even be enjoying football. How dare the women enjoy it! That is a MAN's sport! Well, let's put this in terms of two things: First, if it weren't for the mothers, it's likely their boys wouldn't be the football players that they become. It is the mothers who take care of so many logistics, support the sons while they play, take them to/from practice, go to their games, etc. Oh, but wait: Women aren't supposed to like football because, well, they can't play it. And then, secondly, there is the thing called money. Women make it, and they also spend it. So women aren't supposed to enjoy football, but people certainly want women to spend money on it. And they do, in so many ways. Tickets happen to be sold to both men and women. If women were to stop coming to games and cheering, you'd have a pitiful-looking Death Valley with half the noise level.

"Sammich" making? Really? That's a dream world. Women are only willing to make sandwiches for situations where there is mutual love and respect.

I am a Clemson alumnus (2 degrees). I love Clemson. I love Clemson sports. I love Clemson football. I am a female, and I am not sorry that I am a female who enjoys ALL that's Clemson.

salute to you...

Oct 17, 2011, 3:33 PM

My wife knows more football than the majority of this board.

Neither do I view women as a lesser creature.

I don't know for sure, but I bet most of the men joining in on this JOKE feel the same as I.

People who are confident in themselves typically aren't offended at good natured ribbing.

Don't kiss up, Franc. She should be making sammiches

Oct 17, 2011, 3:43 PM

for everyone on TNet while the men folk talk footsball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Footsball? Is that the same as Feetball?***

Oct 17, 2011, 3:45 PM

See what I mean? I don't tell you how to make

Oct 17, 2011, 3:47 PM

sammiches, do I?

It's all in fun. Don't get mad.

I see way too much of this to consider it "ribbing."

Oct 17, 2011, 3:44 PM [ in reply to salute to you... ]

It wasn't directed just as this post. It was directed at many posts I have seen. Erin Andrews? Holly Rowe? Man, the lack of respect/vitriole has been unbelievable--all wrapped in the "sexual degradation" package.

Sorry, I guess I just took this post as an opportunity to comment. There have been many others where I just chose to try to ignore.

I haven't stopped liking my fellow Clemson fans--just trying to share "the other point of view."

It may be...

Oct 17, 2011, 4:05 PM

but from me, it's just a joke. Glad you still like me. ;)

Holly Rowe? That is one ugly dude***

Oct 17, 2011, 8:55 PM [ in reply to I see way too much of this to consider it "ribbing." ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Franc and some others are joking around, but you are

Oct 18, 2011, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I see way too much of this to consider it "ribbing." ]

right that a number of posters are not. Lots of Archie Bunker types here.

Hmm you have a wife? I feel so sorry for her***

Oct 18, 2011, 12:04 PM [ in reply to salute to you... ]

Don't pay any attention to bad ol franc, sweetie***

Oct 17, 2011, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

lol...

Oct 17, 2011, 4:04 PM

oh sorry

What are you talking about? Make me a sammich.

Oct 17, 2011, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

jk

Don't hurt me.

;)

while i agree that her remarks were unprofessional

Oct 17, 2011, 9:05 PM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

and they had nothing to do with her being a female and franc is a sexist pig for making fun of her that way, she should have known "it ain't over till the fat lady sings!"

Many people are losers. Men and Women. Many losers

Oct 18, 2011, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

who are men like to make themselves feel better by putting women beneath them. These losers suck at thinking so they fail to realize that when you base your insults on someone's sex you are actually putting down other members of that sex.

So these losers who think they are insulting only Heather Dinich or Holly Rowe or Pam Ward by making comments pertaining to women in general are failing to grasp they are actually insulting the thousands and thousands of serious Clemson alumni/fans that are women.

Any person who uses another person's sex (Man or Woman) to insult them in a public forum may not actually do any harm to anyone else, but they are making a complete fool of themselves.

Tigernet looks like a place that considers women inferior as Clemson fans. Based on my experience at Clemson games both home and away, this is fundamentally false. Some of Tiger-Net needs to reintroduce themselves to self-respect and respect in general.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Oct 18, 2011, 12:46 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

LOL***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Many people are losers. Men and Women. Many losers ]

Don't worry about it, Franc is just some old fat redneck

Oct 18, 2011, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

sitting at his computer in his mobile home wishing he actually had a woman that would make him a "sammich".

Says the fat coot redneck sitting in his mother's basement

Oct 18, 2011, 12:07 PM

wishing he knew what it was like to get laid.

Yup.***

Oct 18, 2011, 12:48 PM

I'M NOT A REDNECK!!!!***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Don't worry about it, Franc is just some old fat redneck ]

Re: I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they

Oct 18, 2011, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I didn't like her comments, either. I thought they ]

It ain't so much that she's a woman who made a stupid comment, it's just that she's in a long line of purported "analysts" who makes comments at all. Male or female, I wish they'd all shut the hell up. I can't count how many times some numbnut has (in the era of replay) flatly declared that this call or that call would be overturned or upheld only to be proven wrong by the officials. The bottom line is, we all have eyes, ears and brains. We're capable of "analyzing" football on our own. Dinnich's snarkiness during the MD game only confirms that about 50% of ESPN's payroll should go find a real job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You all are giving her exactly what she wants by posting her

Oct 18, 2011, 12:22 PM

name all over the board... attention. In journalism a lot of times "letters to the editor" is just as good as a pat on the back for the journalist. Hey, it means you are reading her.

Replies: 44
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic