Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vote me down all day.. but man this board is starting to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Vote me down all day.. but man this board is starting to

Mar 27, 2005, 10:45 PM

suck..what happened to happycat.. what happened to the old days before points? I remember Eastar back then and everyone would just post and a few would say amen.. maybe one at the most 2 would say something ever so slightly but nothing like it has seemed to be since I have been on here. I understand that there are more religions than just Christianity. and I dont want to be exclusive to people who are not of my same faith, but I am celebrating today the biggest day in the history of the world and I want to celebrate with some fellow clemson fans so if you dont like the posts dont read them or vote them down but get over it.

HE IS RISEN!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF post!***

Mar 27, 2005, 11:50 PM

I agree....ONE BOARD! ONE CLEMSON!***

Mar 27, 2005, 11:51 PM

Re: I agree....no room for people of different faiths

Mar 28, 2005, 12:02 AM

(sarcasm)

Amen...Only Christians go to heaven!

Mar 28, 2005, 12:09 AM

(No sarcasm)

and the tiger net and clemson are only for christians

Mar 28, 2005, 12:11 AM

gah, i hate diversity

I never said that and have no idea what you're talking...

Mar 28, 2005, 12:18 AM

about. I said "ONE CLEMSON" meaning we need to UNITE AS ONE. Not celebrate our differences.

What about Jews?

Mar 28, 2005, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Amen...Only Christians go to heaven! ]

Jesus was a Jew and he is in Heaven.

and I'm not trying to pick a fight...serious question.

Message was edited by: Clemsonjoe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Practicers of Judaism do not believe Jesus is....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:15 AM

The son of God therefor they are not going to heaven, if you believe in the Bible, and I do.

There are Christian Jews though (Jesus for example) and they will go to heaven.

why should this exclude them from the tiger net again?***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:16 AM

LMAO...Where are you getting this stuff from?***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:19 AM

Re: LMAO...Where are you getting this stuff from?***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:20 AM

you posted one board one clemson,
I said no room for people of differing faiths,
you said, "amen, only christians go to heaven."

you appear to want to exclude people of different faiths from the tiger net and supporting clemson. dont think its too much of a stretch

Dude...Let me break this down for you....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:24 AM

I said ONE CLEMSON.

Last time I checked that meant Unity. Not division. Unity is inclusion of everyone. And that's what I want on a Clemson board.

My only problem with that is

Mar 28, 2005, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Practicers of Judaism do not believe Jesus is.... ]

that God created the Jews. Why wouldn't he let them into Heaven??? They are His children.

Christians and Jews share a Testament in the Bible as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know...It confuses me as well but....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:21 AM

the Bible is very clear in saying that the only way to heaven is through the Son of God. So thats the only way I know to interpret it.

I hear ya...its all very confusing***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:22 AM

also,

Mar 28, 2005, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Practicers of Judaism do not believe Jesus is.... ]

man, can't know or determine the salvation of himself or another man. Pretty sure there is a judgement day for that, somebody else is gonna do that i've heard. Being born into the bondage of sin, we can't rise above the sin and see it. So its a pretty bold statement to single out a few million people and judge them.

This is well said. hard to argue this.***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:20 AM

Your right...I'm not arguing that. I'm not to judge....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:26 AM

But I can tell you what the Bible says about it and thats what I did. No one has to believe it. I was just restating the written word of God ;)

what book says, all jews are going to hell, must have missed

Mar 28, 2005, 12:28 AM

it

Where did I say that???.....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:31 AM

PLEASE SHOW ME MY POST THAT SAID THAT. If you can do that I will GIVE you $100.

This is what I posted...

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1082971

Do not twist my words into lies.

Re: Where did I say that???.....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:35 AM

calm down buddy, you just said that you were restating what the bible says about the judgement of the jews. And what you said is certainly one possible conclusion, I dont think its the only one, nor is it a wrong one. Its just not absolute.

I think we have differing opinions on the Bible....

Mar 28, 2005, 12:41 AM

Which is ok. Its the same reason there are so many donominations within the Christian church. I believe the Bible is absolute; some don't. No point in arguing somehing that has been fault over for years. It will lead us no where.

In conclusion, I am completely open to any race, gender, or religion using the Clemson board and feel that we need to be as ONE...

ONE CLEMSON (No matter what your beliefs)

hey i hear ya...but

Mar 28, 2005, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Your right...I'm not arguing that. I'm not to judge.... ]

he does make a good point. it is also the written word of God that only He shall judge.

Its hard to ascertain tone in a message board post...so just to let you know I am not arguing. I agree with things that both of you have said.

good idea

Mar 28, 2005, 12:33 AM

I also would like to say that Im not trying to anybody is wrong. What I think gets lost in the message that the protestant church sends these days is that of our way or the highway. I believe someone can do the work of God, Jesus whole trinity thing, without consciously thinking that is what they are doing. We are so mired in our own sin, we can not free ourselves. It is only through God coming down and choosing you, that we are freed of it. God comes down, is the part we lose. We can't go up. Focusing mainly on the end, salvation, we lose so much along the way. We love people so that God may change them, we dont change them so that God will love them.

I stated Christians go to heaven...You belive otherwise?***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:35 AM

Re: I stated Christians go to heaven...You belive otherwise?***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:37 AM

i think it is certainly possible that other people than professed christians may go to heaven. I don't think we have the capabilities of fully understanding the will of God.

See my post above***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:42 AM

Re: Practicers of Judaism do not believe Jesus is....

Mar 28, 2005, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Practicers of Judaism do not believe Jesus is.... ]

First of all, the Bible is just a book of myths and legends mixed in with some history, and secondly only about 30% of the worlds 5 billion plus population is Christian, and thirdly all religions are pretty much stupid.

pretty sure salvation isn't the goal of religion***

Mar 28, 2005, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Amen...Only Christians go to heaven! ]

Re: I agree....ONE BOARD! ONE CLEMSON!***

Mar 28, 2005, 5:15 AM [ in reply to I agree....ONE BOARD! ONE CLEMSON!*** ]

I am responding to all of the posts in this thread, not just this post by goclemsontigs.

I believe many of the posts in this thread are are anti-inclusive and not saying ONE CLEMSON. How can you be inclusive on one hand, and on the other say that if you are not Christian you are not going to Heaven?

I am Jewish and I also Love Clemson!

How can you be more exclusive than to say someone from another faith, view, etc. is not going to Heaven?

I have no problem with people saying positive things about their religion, I only have problems with people saying negative things about other religions ... and saying only Christians are going to Heaven IS saying negative things about other religions.

"He Is Risen" Makes for great Sci Fi ...

Mar 28, 2005, 8:38 AM

sheeple come in all forms ... whether religious, political, or other ... your percieved beliefs are nothing more than social programming ... you "are", more times than not, where you "were born" ... all these christian posts would be muslim posts if those same peeps were born in asia, or would be jewish props if those same were born in israel ... keep in mind, if you born somewhere other than a christian nation, you would have been programmed to be muslim, islamic, buddhists, etc ... thank social programming ...

Re: WOW

Mar 28, 2005, 8:47 AM

You are one confused person. Was going to say "Dumb", but that would go against my Christian or as you think social training.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!***

Mar 28, 2005, 10:15 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic