Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hokie from Charleston looking forward to hosting Tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Hokie from Charleston looking forward to hosting Tiger fans

Aug 5, 2011, 12:44 PM

I know a lot of yall will be traveling up to Blacksburg Oct 1. If you've never been you will be in for a great atmosphere. The only ACC atmosphere that comes close to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hokie from Charleston looking forward to hosting Tiger fans

Aug 5, 2011, 12:47 PM

I actually wouldn't mind hearing the "Enter Sandman" intro. That's pretty cool.

Our entrance will give even visiting fans chills***

Aug 5, 2011, 12:48 PM

Debating being polite cause you seem friendly enough...

Aug 5, 2011, 12:53 PM

or being honest. Eh, what the heck - Welcome to Tigernet! Can't wait till we get up to Bleecksburg and kick some Hokie's Pokie!

Chills? Maybe at a night game in November***

Aug 6, 2011, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Our entrance will give even visiting fans chills*** ]

Chances are tiger fans won't start a chant during

Aug 5, 2011, 12:49 PM

the singing of your alma mater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't think I have ever been more PO'd at a group of

Aug 5, 2011, 12:51 PM

visiting fans than that very moment. That was a total lack of class from Hokie fans immediately following an act of class from Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What did we do?***

Aug 5, 2011, 12:54 PM

It was after the VT shootings, before we played VT in

Aug 5, 2011, 12:58 PM

the Valley our marching band played VT's alma mater. Our entire stadium stood up and was quiet out of respect to our visitors. Immediately afterwards, our band played our alma mater. Their visiting section was doing Hokie chants for the entire song.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Was at the game, plus they did some rude things when

Aug 5, 2011, 2:03 PM

we had some injuries.

That bunch........and they complain about WV and Pitt fans yet they are very similar.

I will forever hate VT for that.***

Aug 5, 2011, 5:09 PM [ in reply to It was after the VT shootings, before we played VT in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah...I remember that***

Aug 5, 2011, 11:36 PM [ in reply to It was after the VT shootings, before we played VT in ]

I agree with you and apologize on behalf of those

Aug 5, 2011, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I don't think I have ever been more PO'd at a group of ]

disrespectful fans.

All of them? Unfotunately it was just about all in

Aug 5, 2011, 1:08 PM

attendance. I remember standing there in disbelief...did not know what to say. Of course, they many not have realized that it was our alma mater.

If they didn't realize it was our alma mater, then they

Aug 5, 2011, 1:12 PM

weren't paying attention, because the PA announcer explained everything that would take place.

I know that...was not defending them. Just as ticked as

Aug 5, 2011, 1:23 PM

everyone else.

But did anybody even act as if they were going to do

Aug 5, 2011, 1:24 PM

something about it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By disrespecting it more by yelling at them? Not much to do***

Aug 5, 2011, 1:27 PM

I also don't advocate violence but if there had only

Aug 5, 2011, 1:29 PM

been some way to let those fools know quick that they were about to be in more trouble than they wanted, it would be nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe being classy is the proble. There really is little

Aug 5, 2011, 12:55 PM [ in reply to I don't think I have ever been more PO'd at a group of ]

place for it in sports.

You know the only thing hotter than outside right now?

Aug 5, 2011, 12:51 PM

Sitting in the VT basketball arena for a PhD. graduation. Also, you guys have been winning pretty steady at a high level for a while now. Time to make the stadium seat at least 80k.

what ever happened on the gunman at VT the other day??

Aug 5, 2011, 12:59 PM

Hopefully it was just a hoax. They've been through enough of that stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2011, 1:17 PM

Was there for the '06 Thursday night game and I couldn't even speak when Enter Sandman came on and even the 80 year old's were jumping. Very impressive and intimidating entrance/atmosphere. Hoping for a great game! GO TIGERS!

I was there in 06 too.Had to deal with the typical

Aug 5, 2011, 1:43 PM

frat boy douchebags before the game,then I gotta admit,that entrance is highly over rated.Horrible loud music with a smoke machine?What's so awesome about that?Our entrance has a certain degree of magic to it,when I travel,I notice how lame other schools entrances are.

The music is fine. Entrances are lame and contrived

Aug 5, 2011, 1:44 PM

bull crap. We may be guilty of starting it but that was just because it was the best way to get to the field.

Horrid Loud Music? Smoke?

Aug 6, 2011, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I was there in 06 too.Had to deal with the typical ]

hmmmmmmm---remind you of some place else?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Aug 5, 2011, 1:43 PM

...like Clemson as you head towards town while out in the boondocks, so I always felt at home...plus the great little downtown bustling with wild dressed-up & painted fans...and football teams that play like the old Pittsburg Steelers...something I wish the Tigers would do more of.

And, I admire Coach Beamer's teams record of blocking so many punts...maybe more than any school ever in college.

Will be a great atmosphere when Tigers roll in...and if they can keep their composure & play well..and WIN...then our season will be sweet.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Hokie Land's a neat place & environment. Has Cows too

Aug 5, 2011, 1:45 PM

***see my post earlier above...since this title went to it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One building even has gargoyles

Aug 5, 2011, 1:50 PM

with cow heads.

that beats the Darth Vader gargoyle

Aug 5, 2011, 1:51 PM

at National Cathedral in Washington.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well yeah, I mean cowgoyles are cool vader anything

Aug 5, 2011, 1:53 PM

is really and truly quite lame.

obviously you don't know the story behind it.***

Aug 5, 2011, 2:00 PM

Which one? The Vader one, yeah I don't need to know the

Aug 5, 2011, 2:03 PM

story to know that it is lame.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic