Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember the fools on here who rooted for USC in the CWS last year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,568

Remember the fools on here who rooted for USC in the CWS last year?

May 30, 2011, 5:14 PM

For a chance for us to play them?

STOP IT! Haven't you learned your lesson??? Root for NC State or someone else.

Clemson fans don't let their friends root for Carolina. EVER

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of you.

Fortunately, rooting from afar makes no tangible difference.

May 30, 2011, 5:16 PM

Although, I'll be rooting for NC State. Just sayin'...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look out coots! Here come the Eagles!!!***

May 30, 2011, 5:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO, whoever plays them. I don't wanna face them

May 30, 2011, 5:20 PM

this program hasn't shown they've got the balls to beat them when it counts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GSU doesn't either.... hope this isn't a repeat.

May 30, 2011, 6:11 PM

"However, Georgia Southern is familiar with South Carolina, having faced the Gamecocks in 2010 and 2009 in mid-week games. Both contests went to extra innings and were won by the Gamecocks."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck yeah GSU wants to play them..

May 30, 2011, 6:18 PM

they just happy to be there!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GO, whoever plays them. I don't wanna face them

May 30, 2011, 6:17 PM [ in reply to GO, whoever plays them. I don't wanna face them ]

Just like some fans don't have the Balls to stay behind our Tigers without talking sh!t about them!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember the fools on here who rooted for USC in the CWS last year?

May 30, 2011, 5:23 PM

I see what you saying but whats has Clemson become when the fans are scared to play the coots.

May 30, 2011, 8:08 PM

Not scared to play them , but who the heck wants them to win a game just so we might beat them. I wish they would lose every game they play in every sport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scar, UNC, and FSU have all choked this year...

May 30, 2011, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember the fools on here who rooted for USC in the CWS last year? ]

And we haven't choked all season, so we shouldn't be afraid to play them.

The argument everyone makes is that we have choked to them because they won two straight, and all we needed was one.

The gamecocks choked to Ole Miss this year. Ray Tanner "was bent over backwards and spanked" against the Rebs. They won the first game of three game series, and just needed one more but lost two in a row. MAJOR choke job.

I still can't believe UNC choked against Wake this year. They took game one against Wake, but could not win just ONE more game in Winston the next two tries. They did it against GT as well! Won game one, lost the next two. MAJOR CHOKE JOB.

FSU beat UNC in game one, but Mike Martin was "bent over backwards and spanked," because he lost the next two.

How 'bout them 2004 yankees? Blew a 3-0 series lead to their hated Red Sox and lost the next four.

According to some on here this is "choking," and Leggett has been "bent over backwards and spanked" because he's lost two in a row to the gamecocks, when he only needed one. I am still trying to figure out why it's not brought up when it happens to others? It happens to every single MLB team every year, they lose two games when they only needed one. Happens to the biggest part of college teams as well. But we are the only team who catches grief for it for years and years?

That is a dumb argument

May 31, 2011, 8:16 AM

Clemson choked because on 2 different occassions they played USC with a chance to advance to the National Championship game. On each occassion all they had to do was win one game and they lost every single time.

You are talking about weekend series during the regular season. It is comparing apples to oranges.

No, it is not a dumb argument

May 31, 2011, 3:24 PM

In 1991, when the Braves won their first pennant, at least in my lifetime. With 8 games to play, the Dodgers had a 89-65 reecord, and the Braves were 87-67, two games behind. The Dodgers had it right in their hands, and the odds were against the Braves. Next two games the Braves won 2 stright over Houston. The Giants split in San Fran, so the Braves picked up one game on them with 6 to play. The Braves then played at defending world champion Cincinnati, who was still good, BTW, and swept them. The Dodgers went to San Diego and took 2/3. The Braves had tied it with win one series left. The Braves took 2/3 against the Stros, and the Dodgers took 2/3 against the Giants. So the Dodgers, a team with a two game lead with six to play, not only lost the lead, but they couldn't even force a division playoff. This is just one of MANY examples in MLB. There have been teams over the yaers that have had lost huge leads down the stretch, nowhere near close to this.

Oh, and the same year the Braves played the Pirates for the national leauge pennant. The Pirates took a 3-2 lead, with the series going back to Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh had just won two in a row IN ATLANTA, so it wasn't looking good. All Pittsburgh needed was one more win in front of the home crowd, and they had two chances to do it. The Braves went into Pitt and and shut them out, twice, 1-0 and 4-0. Jim Leyland was "bent over backwards and spanked" by Bobby Cox.

In the world series, the Twins won the first two. The next three the Braves won, to take the lead. The last 2 games Kirby Puckett exposed the Braves' bullpen, and Bobby Cox was "bent over backwards and spanked." Just one win away, with two chances, and could not close the deal.

This happens in the MLB regular season, post season, you name it. And before anyone says we had more time to rest than Scar last year. Well, they did play one more game than us coming in to that series. However, this is when Ray Tanner discovered his clutch weapon he didn't know about, Michael Roth. Roth pitched a complete game, and the gamecocks bullpen got to rest that entire game.

I can show many, many examples where this has happened in the postseason in MLB, and the CWS over the years. That is just BASEBALL for you, and it's happened to the best of them. I am tired of Clemson fans low-rating JL because something happened that is common. What about when Alabama one game one of the super regional last year? We came back with our backs against the wall and won two straight, "bending them over backwards and spanking them." That is no different than what happened to us in Omaha.

Thank you, Ober! Most sensible post I've seen in a long

May 30, 2011, 5:24 PM

time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yall remember what Ric Flair used to say?***

May 30, 2011, 5:43 PM

Such a Mature and Sportsmanlike Post.

May 30, 2011, 5:48 PM

Nobody hates the chickens any less than you bud. Get a little perspective.

May 30, 2011, 6:18 PM

Personally Id rather root for a team comprized of terrorist rather than the coots, but living in cootlumbia I would love to be the team that knocks the coots out. Thats the only way to shut them up by taking them behind the wood shed, and showing them once again who the daddy is. And it would give a big boost for our team to have to go through our hated chickins on the way to Omaha. Reguardless, if they stumble in there own house that would be fine with me too.

May 30, 2011, 6:57 PM

well, one thing we do know..there will be no rematch in the CWS.

May 30, 2011, 7:50 PM

the way they have been playing of late i don't think anyone has anything to worry about.not the same team they were last year,or at the start of this year.

May 30, 2011, 8:05 PM

I agree the loss of JB jr,will hurt when they need a big two out hit in the 9th.

May 30, 2011, 8:08 PM

I could never root for them.

Scar kindof limped into the tourney last year too.

May 31, 2011, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Remember the fools on here who rooted for USC in the CWS last year? ]

They were 0-2 in their SEC tournament appearance and also lost the first game in Omaha.

I do agree that its a different dynamic this year with the loss of JB, though. It will be interesting to see how they fair without his presence.

Re: Why would anybody not root for anyone to beat them

May 30, 2011, 10:39 PM

Make no sense to me...heck I don't care if its the school for the blind and mentally impaired (maybe that's the intrasquad game though). If the coots lose their regional then Clemson probably host the Super Regionals.

NCSU looked pretty good at time in the ACC tourney hopefully they can take care of things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ga Southern could give them a game....

May 30, 2011, 11:02 PM

Ga Southern beat Fla in Gainesville 7-0 and has also won against GT.

Two things. 1. I would love for us to bounce them in the

May 31, 2011, 4:51 AM

tourney. 2. I never pulled for them, but wasn't devastated that they won because of the Baylor Teal story.

I had met the kid and his family, so I the part of me that is above the rivalry felt good for them.

Having said that, I'd be happy whoever bounces the coots from the tourney this year, but would be especially pleased if it's us.

True. We should have been scared of them. They were

May 31, 2011, 3:55 PM

much better than us and Oklahoma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember those people who think that rooting for a team

May 31, 2011, 5:07 PM

has any impact on their game day performance

I will root for them, cause they have bragging rights till

May 31, 2011, 6:12 PM

we finally beat them

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic