Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or has CLEMSON sports made a drastic turn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Is it just me or has CLEMSON sports made a drastic turn

Mar 26, 2011, 8:14 PM

for the worse? I know the basketball team had a little success but agian we lost games we shouldn't have. However, I am really worried about football and baseball......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just you.

Mar 26, 2011, 8:16 PM

A "drastic" turn would probably mean our football team doesn't go bowling, our basketball team doesn't make the NIT, and the baseball team doesnt make the CWS (all of which happened in each team's most recent season).

Don't be a chicken little just because that's the easy thing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Attention: all read above post

Mar 26, 2011, 9:06 PM

it could be a lot worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That should be our rallying cry... Clemson Athletics:

Mar 26, 2011, 10:32 PM

"It could be a lot worse!"

Re: It's just you.

Mar 26, 2011, 11:35 PM [ in reply to It's just you. ]

Right on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT?***

Mar 27, 2011, 4:13 PM [ in reply to It's just you. ]

Re: Is it just me or has CLEMSON sports made a drastic turn

Mar 26, 2011, 8:19 PM

Quick: name a team that doesn't lose a game or two that it shouldn't. There isn't one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took a survey. It's you1***

Mar 26, 2011, 8:35 PM

Tiger/Terrier

Soccer, golf, also down***

Mar 26, 2011, 8:37 PM

The basketball team was better than OK...

Mar 26, 2011, 8:41 PM

They had a really good year consider where they were at start of December. The other two need work, but haven't given up the ship yet...

you could make a point for baseball THIS year

Mar 26, 2011, 8:47 PM

but basketball and baseball last year...please...we made the NCAA tourney in basketball and last year were in the final four in baseball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowl Game, CWS, NCAA Tourney? No it's just you.***

Mar 26, 2011, 9:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football was a mess but the rest were fine***

Mar 26, 2011, 9:08 PM

Min of 3 in one post..not too shabby. Am I missing any?***

Mar 27, 2011, 10:04 AM

Mar 26, 2011, 9:31 PM

Don't ask that question here as there is too much orange kool aid and too many wearing orange glasses.

Baseball and basketball did very well IMHO***

Mar 26, 2011, 9:37 PM

Mar 26, 2011, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me or has CLEMSON sports made a drastic turn ]

And to many that just doesn't have any faith in our athletics....

Mar 26, 2011, 9:42 PM

let the idiocy begin

Yeah our baseball team sucks, that Final 4 last season

Mar 26, 2011, 10:09 PM

really stunk. We're doomed.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Why would you think this when...

Mar 26, 2011, 10:41 PM

Our football team just brought in an outstanding recruiting class, and our head coach made the hard, but necessary moves in the off season to enhance the staff he has around him to make him better?

Baseball is baseball. Clemson has been in early season and mid season slumps numerous times over the years, but when June gets here, we seem to always be ready.

Basketball just won its first NCAA tourney game in 14 years, and has gone to the NCAA's four straight years. I think the future of the basketball team is a little in doubt, because if we have continued success it could be a blessing or a curse. I just can't see Brownell staying here for the long haul if he turns out to be one of the next really good basketball coaches. I hate to say that and sound negative, but history says good basketball coaches use the Clemson job as a stepping stone for another job, but I hope I am wrong. Then if we don't have continued success we will continue the normal Clemson basketball cycle of being good for thee or four years, and down for about 15, while we change coaches multiple times.

All of this is just my personal gut feeling. I honestly think the football program will turn the corner, and the baseball program will remain stable, but basketball is the biggest future question mark.

I think posts like this come from what I call 'Chicken Fear.' The Chickens are having some success in baseball and football right now, and it gives some of you 'Chicken Fear,' because you don't know how long that success may last. Our ownership was bound not to last forever. The days of Bowden smacking Holtz around every year were great, and I enjoyed every minute of it, but surely some of you did not really think we would keep up that level of ownership?!

Re: Why would you think this when...

Mar 27, 2011, 8:03 AM

I agree with you about the "chicken fear". People are just freaking out because they had a couple of good years and we have had some where we could not catch a break

I'm cautiously optimistic about the future,

Mar 26, 2011, 10:44 PM

but we've all been down this road before.

Mar 26, 2011, 11:34 PM

Well, some folks are going to just worry over anything. I think the FB and Basketball programs are going to be just fine. For baseball, baseball is a long season with alot of games yet to play. I think its a little to soon to be reaching for the panic button in baseball just yet....

Mar 27, 2011, 12:59 AM

You better watch out what you say about the baseball team because baseball fan will call you a coot.

Slow inclemental decline - to above avg

Mar 27, 2011, 8:16 AM

We do not dominate ANY sport in our conference much less nationally -golf is closest - but conference has caught up quite a bit - and huh it's golf - is that really some to hang ur hat on ?

Neat. That's funny when you talk to yourself.

Mar 27, 2011, 10:03 AM

Funny as in weird, strange, kinda loony...know what I mean?

And there's another one.

Mar 27, 2011, 10:02 AM

Can't you just pick one, or maybe even two? Regardless, several dozen is a sure sign of some real issues.

It's just you. Baseball team will be fine.***

Mar 27, 2011, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2011, 3:44 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I think you are right ...

Mar 27, 2011, 4:20 PM

yep !

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic