Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Luck The Rest of the Season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,719

Good Luck The Rest of the Season

Mar 10, 2011, 8:47 AM

Even after all that has happened the last few days. I still wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the year. Maybe we will meet again in Omaha.

I heard someone recently say that what Auburn/Bama is to Football and UNC/Duke is to basketball, Carolina/Clemson is to baseball! I thought that was dead on. We have the hottest and best rivalry in college baseball. 2 National Powers. Two top 10 teams. No matter how much we hate each other, we have to respect each other.

And those 3 games we just had will be some of the best and most fun games we will have all year. So I raise my glass to your team and once again wish you the best of luck.

Here's to hopefully seeing you down the road!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is the "baseball" you speak of??

Mar 10, 2011, 8:51 AM

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

And that my friends

Mar 21, 2023, 9:16 PM

is what college sports and rivalries should be all about.

Well said and

Go Tigers!

Re: And that my friends

Mar 10, 2011, 10:11 AM

Oh God.......too much Dr.Phil for me. A chicken is a chicken, end of discussion. Why are they even on our boards? Do you think he would say that if we swept 3?

Re: And that my friends

Mar 10, 2011, 12:14 PM [ in reply to And that my friends ]

I agree 100%.

Thank you

Mar 10, 2011, 9:40 AM

I appreciate that some of us (yes "us", we are all college sports fans) can be respectful win or lose. At a time when almost every professional sports organization is battling over billions, I enjoyed watching two programs at the top of their games compete with passion (well, I don't enjoy losing but oh well).

Thank you for your classy post, and all the best!

Re: Thank you

Mar 10, 2011, 11:20 AM

So you are pulling for the coots the rest of the season?

Not ME

Re: Good Luck The Rest of the Season

Mar 10, 2011, 9:58 AM

Thank you for the classy post. I apologize for the one hateful comment I read. We both have fans that need to have a little perspective and as some others on here said.... "maybe a little anger management". Where's Jack Nicholson when you need him???

Mar 10, 2011, 11:36 AM

classy? sure. but i hope to god you guys don't make it to Omaha. Appreciate the good post but i think we both agree that we don't want each other to make it to Omaha again.

Thanks for posting this...

Mar 10, 2011, 10:05 AM

I feel the same way and I believe there are a lot of us out there that wish to see both programs succeed and not just in Baseball. Unfortunately, I think that sentiment gets overshadowed much of the time by the rhetoric on each schools fan sites which is to be expected. The better each school is the better the rivalry in my opinion and much more likely to get attention beyond the state borders.

Re: Thanks for posting this...

Mar 10, 2011, 11:27 AM

So I'll ask you - Are you pulling for the coots the rest of the season?
This blows my mind, that's like saying you wish we could meet them in the BCS for all the marbles.
I hope they never win another game in any freakin thing they play.
This so called national attention is crap also we didn't need the coots to be good when we were good.

Mar 10, 2011, 10:10 AM

Thank you for the classy post. This how real fans do it. I apologize for the one hateful comment I read. Unfortunately, both our fan bases have some folks who need a little perspective and class. Or as some people on here said...."maybe a little anger management". Where's Jack Nicholson when you need him??? Poor fellow probably just needs someone to spoon with him! ;)

New Rule Applied

Mar 10, 2011, 10:32 AM

Thumbs Down.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate losing to ##### in BaseBall, but realize they are very

Mar 10, 2011, 10:49 AM

good all across the board...from players/coaches/facilities, plus defending national champs.

So, Tigers having a great in-state rivalry with Gamecocks is what college sports is all about...even though they appear/seem/are a slight notch better than us.

Still, Tigers won 3 0f 4 regular season games back in 2002..and 2 0f 3 in 2010...even though only 1 0f 3 this year (but games very close), which is no reason to throw the baby out with the wash water..for Tigers are a sound team that will be in contention to go back to Omaha.

Just saying...##### will make Tigs better in the long-run.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A classy gamecock? What is this?!?!?!***

Mar 10, 2011, 10:50 AM

null

Re: A classy gamecock? What is this?!?!?!***

Mar 10, 2011, 11:13 AM

Can't believe people are falling for that post. Sounds like they want the birds to chirp under the ole oak tree ya know....holding hands..........not going to happen in my house.....

SO HARD TO CHOOSE!!! thumbs up or down??????? hard one...lol

Mar 10, 2011, 11:12 AM

nfnm

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,719
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic