Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What has been, what will be...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What has been, what will be...

Mar 12, 2005, 7:50 AM

Yesterday, for all the hurt that final score gave the Tiger faithful, I truly believe we witnessed the linking of two mighty rivers.

The Whathasbeen and the Whatwillbe.

Clemson dabbled a bit in the headwaters of Whatwillbe, splashing, lolling, luxuriating in the intoxication of waters unmuddied by past fears and expectations. We were children rejoicing in the newness of it all...beating a top-ranked team not because they were playing at our level but because we were playing at theirs.

Eventually, though the pull of the old backwaters sucked us down in a rip current too strong for the Tigers to fend off. We tripped in the old traps of our own making, kicking and screaming back into Whathasbeen, having to accept consolations, rather than congratulations.

But we have seen the new river and swam in it. And we will come back.

And this time, we won't be leaving.

It is not good to feel good about a loss. It is good to look at how far you've come, accept where you need to go and keep dogpaddling.

This new river of Whatwillbe is pleasant. I think I'll build my home on its banks and annoy our neighbors.

Y'all are welcome to join me. Choice lots are still available.

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have always had a place at that river...

Mar 12, 2005, 7:54 AM

No matter what the state of Tiger basketball was that year...What I will do is build an addition on my property to view those ACC Championship trophies that we will start to obtain though...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Goob! Been awhile....

Mar 12, 2005, 7:57 AM

...After I got over the disappointment (as with any loss) I tried to place the general feeling I had for the program. Closest I had was 1977, when you could see the football team's future.

If the guys choose to make the NIT a statement rather than a ho-hum affair, we will be on the cusp on something special.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make room for me there Rev.***

Mar 12, 2005, 7:59 AM

OP will be the envy of all bball programs

Mar 12, 2005, 8:05 AM

Who knows what his motivational tactics are, but he has convinced the tiger team that they belong in the Whatwillbe realm- and to get used to it. And why not????

I don't even recall seeing this confidence when Mr Rick 'SC Education is beneath me' Barnes was at the helm.

The last 3 minutes of the game will be remembered by all for a long long time as the pivot point in Tiger Basketball

I feel it.

John

http://www.tommybowdenfans.com

Thanks OP and the gang!

Giddyup.***

Mar 12, 2005, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What has been, what will be...

Mar 12, 2005, 9:03 AM

Excellent analogy Rev. Dodd. I think you have poetically described the scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's some good metaphor, Reverend***

Mar 12, 2005, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes indeedilly doodilly. Well said Rev.***

Mar 12, 2005, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Rev, nice.***

Mar 12, 2005, 9:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nice! I am so excited about this program!***

Mar 12, 2005, 10:36 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To all my brothers and sisters, I have been to the mountain

Mar 12, 2005, 11:05 AM

top.
Please dont get to carried away with a moral win.
Yeah I know it was a very rare acc tournament almost
win for you guys, but still you are eleminated.
North Carolina decided shift gears about midway in
second half. They out scored you by over twenty points
less than a ten minute spann to end the game.
I hope we meet again in the NIT. Untill then its
one, two, three strikes you're out at the ole ballgame.

Best article I have seen on here in a long

Mar 12, 2005, 11:12 AM

time.

I'll take a lot on this river. Coach P is making basketball at Clemson fun again.

The classy remarks by our players show what he is also teaching them. To accept your mistakes and learn from them, to never give up or give in, and no matter what to not wallow in self pity.

We have a great future ahead for our basketball program. I am extremely excited over the fact that we will be getting an NIT bid and I am very proud of these players.

The sports nation is watching Clemson and so is Williams and Coach K....Thanks to TDP for picking Coach P; thanks to Coach P for what he has done in two years and a big thanks to Sharrod and Olu. They have been a joy to watch this year and I wish them the best in the NIT.

Now let us all pray we get the opening round for the NIT!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get an AMEN?***

Mar 12, 2005, 11:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I get an AMEN?***

Mar 12, 2005, 11:35 AM

Amen! All day yesterday, the theme song, "We're Moving On Up" from the Jeffersons tv show kept going through my head. Save me a lot, Rev.!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic