Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well the predictable has happened....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 4,749

Well the predictable has happened....

Jan 7, 2011, 12:13 AM

We get waxed yet again in another embarrassing showing, the realists like me say our piece, and then the orange glasses blind pumper idiots come out with all of the sunshine and roses wait til next year crapola.

All of this consternation about assistants and recruiting classes. Maybe I'm wrong here but wasn't the Bowers, Ellington, Harper class top 5 or better? And with those players with that talent we just went what? 6-7?

You guys talk about go root for someone else and that crap, that is a mirage and a weak argument at best. Actually it isn't an argument. It's defensive bs trying to attack those that tell the truth.

And unfortunately the truth is that the glory years of the 80's is now so long ago it has become the exception and not the rule. Thanks to AWFUL leadership from the president, to the athletic director, and the head coach.

We lost confidence somewhere along the way this year, that was a Dabo quote.

We do not have the personalities in place to get us where we all want to be.....period. Ask yourself a simple question, what makes a great college football team aside from talent, which we have. That guy. The guy that runs it and everyone knows he runs it. Period. Nick Saban, Jim Tressel, Chip Kelly, Gary Patterson, Bobby Petrino.

You don't hear all of this malarkey about experimenting with offensive coordinators and assistants and what is the identity going to be. That identity was given the day they walked on campus and regardless who they hire as assistants, the program is run the way they want it run.

We are grasping for straws. There was a chance to get this ship pointed down the right path 2 and a half years ago. And that got wasted. Until then keep rearranging deck chairs on the titanic Clemson, my Alma mater, but my money won't be involved anymore until you give US results.

Traveshamockery.

nc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THAT"S IT!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2011, 12:14 AM

I'm jumping off a bridge..........

Yes, I see you are as cheery as usual***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth nobody said it is always nice.***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:21 AM

Say hello to Christopher Robin for me***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sounds like an Eeyore type.***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bowers class was number 2 in the nation***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:26 AM

#12 according to rivals***

Jan 7, 2011, 2:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

number 2 accdg to espn***

Jan 7, 2011, 8:35 AM

Re: bowers class was number 2 in the nation***

Jan 7, 2011, 8:38 AM [ in reply to bowers class was number 2 in the nation*** ]

according to Rivals, that class was #12

With all due respect and I don't care if....

Jan 8, 2011, 12:42 AM

R flaming me or not it's all good. I don't pay a lot of attention to the recruiting stuff as most do but I do get the overall picture every year.

BC? USF? USC? BoogerEaters? Maybe UNC FSU and UM were ranked higher I have no idea but I don't believe talent is not there.

That's the point.

Re: Well the predictable has happened....

Jan 7, 2011, 12:30 AM

Great!!!! attitude!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right my bad

Jan 7, 2011, 12:34 AM

Next year we will be better and win 7 or 8 games in a bad conference enough to keep the status quo. That will fix it.

Re: You're right my bad

Jan 7, 2011, 12:37 AM

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: You're right my bad- funny

Jan 7, 2011, 9:11 AM

in a sick twisted way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, you're right...

Jan 7, 2011, 12:39 AM

As anyone would have predicted, you're on here complaining again. You are SO predictable.

Win a championship for change & get rid of me. Promise.***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:41 AM

So a championship would draw no response from you?

Jan 7, 2011, 12:47 AM

Most of us would consider it something to celebrate.

Nice try you know exactly what I mean. Hey....

Jan 7, 2011, 12:52 AM

I went to the bowl game. I want to see us win. There shouldn't be anything to post if and when we were to get where I believe we are capable of being.

Never see anything from me about the players. What am I gonna do talk trash when we win? Nope. That should be expected. It used to be I remember when it was and we did.

"Shouldn't be anything to post"...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:05 AM

if Clemson wins like you "expect"? So winning doesn't warrant celebrating. Nice. You only want to post negative stuff. Figures. I was right; you are SO predictable. You only want to "talk trash"? What are you, 11? Go away.

you're not even smart enough to realize he was talking about

Jan 7, 2011, 1:14 AM

posting negatives things during or after a successful season. You're so desperate to win an argument, that you will ignore the obvious to post some lame comeback.

I know exactly what he was talking about...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:21 AM

and he said there would be nothing to post if Clemson got back to where he wanted to be. It's quite obvious that he only wants to be negative.

Scoreboard and trophy case...get some. Not a tough concept.***

Jan 7, 2011, 1:25 AM

So are you saying...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:30 AM

that any season that doesn't end in a championship is a failure? Is everything trophies or nothing? This isn't professional sports. The players don't spend all their time on their sports. Playing a college sport isn't a full-time job.

Uh....I know I played one when I was there...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:33 AM

I am asking for one maybe every several years. Get it together seriously.

You played one my A$$! Nobody with ur attitude played sports

Jan 7, 2011, 9:25 AM

Uh I did and u r wrong...

Jan 7, 2011, 11:50 PM

How many fellow student athletes did I burn in that post? Pound sand pal....alum and an athlete for a year there.

Re: So are you saying...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:39 AM [ in reply to So are you saying... ]

Well, well, at it again.

Re: Nice try you know exactly what I mean. Hey....

Jan 8, 2011, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Nice try you know exactly what I mean. Hey.... ]

"What am I gonna do talk trash when we win? Nope. That should be expected. It used to be I remember when it was and we did."

You mean back before Title IX, when we could have 130 guys on the sideline?

I'd settle for just getting rid of you...

Jan 7, 2011, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Win a championship for change & get rid of me. Promise.*** ]

The constant complaining has gotten so old that I almost don't care anymore. Somebody complains about every little thing and it's really difficult to take. There's no "discussion" on the "discussion board" anymore, it's devolved into complaining and name-calling. Somehow, all the negative people are the "realists" and the non-negative people are somehow blind or stupid, according to some of you. I really almost wish the National Championship had never happened. You've beat this dead horse so many times that your complaints are old and you just keep repeating yourself endlessly. You refuse to admit that this isn't 1985 anymore. I found Billy Davis' interview with Dan Scott interesting. He mentioned that, even though he's older than coach Swinney, he respects him enough to call him "coach" and not "Dabo". Some of you would do well to learn that lesson. He also said that VT manages to let in marginal students to win football games. Well, I seem to remember the Hokies getting waxed the other day by Stanford, a school that I doubt very seriously lets in marginal students.

Dan Scott...

Jan 7, 2011, 12:59 AM

Well that says it all right there. You wished the national championship never happened. And you compared us to virginia tech who just lost a bcs bowl. Take a good long look at the list of programs that have yet to get to a bcs bowl since that garbage came about.

Soft.

Go back and re-read what I wrote...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:07 AM

because it's obvious you didn't "get it" the first time.

baseball fan you're the biggest name caller on here...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:10 AM [ in reply to I'd settle for just getting rid of you... ]

I'll bring up the subject of Kyle Parker coming back once more. Now this wasn't even a hot button or heatly discussed about issue on Tigernet. Yet a few people said they believed KP would come back for one more season and the first thing in response to some one posting that by you was name calling. You would call them morons, idiots, stupid, just let it go KP owes Clemson nothing, was your mantra. You're completely hypocritical to be complaining about name calling when you name call posters even when it's not a hot button issue. And nobody believes it's the 80's. In the 80's we won a whole lot of games and the university cared about winning. Now winning doesn't really matter, coming up 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place in the atlantic division is fine. And thats what people are mad about.

If you don't want to hear complaining on here after a 6-7 season, don't come here. Any school's fan message board will be filled with complaining after a 6-7 season.

Thank you....

Jan 7, 2011, 1:16 AM

And I posted on here about Kyle nothing but thanks for coming back. He didn't have to. FACT. We have shown a regression at the QB position since Rich Rod left with Dantzler.

Whitehorse, Harper and now Kyle. All of those guys had the tangibles, but regressed. That is a pattern. Nobody will ever convince me that we have not had the talent at some point over the last 8 or so years to win this pathetic conference.

Whitehurst.....***

Jan 7, 2011, 1:19 AM

You sure are.***

Jan 7, 2011, 1:43 AM [ in reply to Thank you.... ]

Re: Win a championship for change & get rid of me. Promise.***

Jan 7, 2011, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Win a championship for change & get rid of me. Promise.*** ]

If I really thought it would shut you up and your ilk,I would run down that hill myself at 45 years of age play every team by myself and beat them all by myself.
I think I have a better chance of that happening than We have a chance of cry baby johhny come latley fair weatherd pany waste like you ever shutting up your baseless useless dribble. Please Go somewhere else!

How can his dribbling be baseless and useless?

Jan 7, 2011, 8:42 AM

It's so he doesn't get a traveling call.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you for this post

Jan 7, 2011, 1:06 AM

it needs to be said over and over and over until changes are made.

know your facts...

Jan 7, 2011, 2:14 AM

the Bowers class was not top 5. We haven't had a top 5 recruiting class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2008 class was ranked 2nd in the nation by ESPN***

Jan 7, 2011, 2:34 AM

We will not have a top 5 recruiting class this year either

Jan 7, 2011, 8:46 AM [ in reply to know your facts... ]

SEC school ranking will surge at the last minute - just like they did in Bowers year - where we dropped from 3 to 12 in three days because the SEC schools were suddenly so stacked.

Here goes Express13 with that "we" sh!t again...*

Jan 7, 2011, 9:28 AM

we were ranked number 2 in the final rankings in 2008***

Jan 8, 2011, 12:54 AM [ in reply to We will not have a top 5 recruiting class this year either ]

Jan 7, 2011, 2:26 AM

"You guys talk about go root for someone else and that crap, that is a mirage and a weak argument at best. Actually it isn't an argument. It's defensive bs trying to attack those that tell the truth."

Clemson is a maturing experience. Mature people don't throw uncontrollable emotions into their compositions.

Licking the xanax does not seem to be helping you. I recommend you take the whole pill. Any Clemson grad would know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Contained therein is a lot of truth, as well as

Jan 7, 2011, 8:19 AM

a perfectly acceptable dose of opinion. Just understand that, and if somebody takes a bite of that sammich, swallows some but spits a little out, it doesn't make them a pumper (whatever that is) or an idiot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed the idiot thing was not necessary...

Jan 8, 2011, 12:53 AM

Before anyone responded too. Was at the bowl game and that debacle and a couple folks with opinions afterwards set me off. Idiots was the only thing I regret about the post. Nothing else.

What is the point of this post?...

Jan 7, 2011, 8:24 AM

Please tell me what you hope to accomplish. Do you plan to encourage recruits to come or run them off? Do you want Dabo to do ssomething in particular or do you just want him to jump ship? Do you want TDP to clean house? What about Barker? Maybe you want the BOT to clean house then hire a new Pres - 3 months, then hire a new AD - 1 month, then hire a new Head coach - 1 Month. So to get to a new head coach, it would take until June to get the staff all squared away. Hmm - how many games do you think you'd win? What big time head coach would come into that?

Say what you want. Let's hear it. Spell it out so we can rip it to shreads. The unrealistic types are no longer tollerable and are beginning to really tick me off. Come with real solutions or don't come at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

I agree with you.

Jan 7, 2011, 8:39 AM

Very little good will come from not supporting the team and coaches.

Good post....get ready for others to try and shoot you down***

Jan 7, 2011, 8:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a refreshing and new whiney post. Thanks!***

Jan 7, 2011, 9:18 AM

Jan 7, 2011, 9:38 AM

great great post...

its funny you get a bunch of thumbs down and smart-ass remarks but no one really wants to defend the product on the field or the coach. They want to trash someone who feels this strongly about Clemson like they don't even care how things turn out.

We sucked this year and everyone from Barker to Swinney have admitted it and said criticism is not only warranted but necassary.

good post..

Jan 7, 2011, 10:13 AM

You need to listen to the Billy Davis Interview this morning and shut the heck up! Listen to what he had to say about the year before the NC...he gets what Clemson is all about...YOU SIR DO NOT!

Great post***

Jan 7, 2011, 12:56 PM

Jan 7, 2011, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Well the predictable has happened.... ]

SIR? He doesn't deserve all that.

It's not even a horse anymore. It's a hole in the ground.***

Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are the numbers for anyone who actually cares...

Jan 7, 2011, 1:43 PM

season-------recruiting class rank------talent ranking----------season rank
’02-------------------22-------------------------?-------------------------57
’03-------------------31-------------------------?-------------------------25
’04-------------------40-------------------------?-------------------------42
'05--------------------22------------------------28.3----------------------24
'06--------------------15------------------------30.3----------------------33
'07--------------------16------------------------27.2----------------------21
'08--------------------12------------------------17.7----------------------49
’09--------------------37------------------------16.9----------------------24
’10--------------------19------------------------19.3-----------------------?
’11--------------------(7)-----------------------(20.4)----------------------?

---Numbers in () are projected.

Replies: 56
| visibility 4,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic