Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disgusted
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Disgusted

Jan 3, 2011, 7:43 PM

Tigernet use to be a good forum for decent people with good suggestions and thoughts. Over the past football season, this forum has been a place for idiots to display not so Clemson like posts. Where has the "class" of Clemson gone to? Just like Facebook or any other social media, what you post is seen by "everyone".

What you post is seen by every recruit and potential coach. Clemson is a place of dignity and class, so act accordingly.

Whether you like Dabo or not, get use to it for two more years at a minimum and shut up! So tired on the crying, whining and child like posts.

Get a life and respect the University! Post things that you may want a recruit to come here for on a positive note and shelve the negativity!

It may be the lowly posts that are more detrimental than any coaching staff could ever have on a team or recruit.

All in, not sure. But I will not be a part of any childly and idiot responses I have seen on this board. What I have seen here by my fellow CLEMSON FANS is disgusting.

Support or leave, please!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to boost your pumper points? I'll help ya.***

Jan 3, 2011, 7:46 PM

Ditto! Had to point you to help counter all the

Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM

thumbs - down you will get for being a fan of good reason.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%

Jan 3, 2011, 7:53 PM

Even in the meltdown following the loss to Wake in 2003, there was at least some sense of civility. I wonder what it would have been like had half of these current posters have been around then.

So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're

Jan 3, 2011, 7:53 PM

supposed to blindly support inept coaching? This ain't communist China.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're

Jan 3, 2011, 7:54 PM

nope but it is almost spanish mexico.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So in other words......

Jan 3, 2011, 8:11 PM

Some people shouldn't give a fukito?

Thought that was Japanese.***

Jan 3, 2011, 8:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spanish Mexico? Ok, so that means drug trafficking gets you a

Jan 3, 2011, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

slap on the wrist?

And are there other Mexico's? How about an Italian Mexico? That'd be fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The language is about the same***

Jan 4, 2011, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 3, 2011, 8:17 PM [ in reply to So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

Complain all you want. Just remember YOU may be the single reason a recruit decides not to sign because you are an idiot!

If a recruit doesn't come because of something I said...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:25 PM

then he was too stupid to get in anyway.
Because either he doesn't realize that fans are unhappy because we want to WIN, or he's too thin skinned for football at the D1 level.

Re: If a recruit doesn't come because of something I said...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:36 PM

My point! You are helping my position. You do make a difference in the posts! Whether you believe it or not. Again, don't be stupid in thinking other wise.

Pshaw... don't be silly...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:39 PM

if *I* had any pull we would be playing wet nurse to William while he tries to learn how to be a coach.

You want the negative posts to stop? Win games. Look like you've coached offense before, stop losing to our rival or anyone else with a pulse that lines up across from you.

The problem is the TEAM and COACHES... don't get on here and lecture ME about what I'M doing wrong.

I don't think, and many others believe as well, is....

Jan 3, 2011, 9:46 PM

...how is the constant b*tching and complaining on message boards make a difference? Seriously, do you believe that the complaints left on a message board are productive in any "actual" positive way? Can you name one example?

Just like I'm not so sure that recruits read the board all that much and base their college choices off the words of "TigerCC" or "tiger6", I'm equally convinced our President, AD and head coach are not as well.

Basically, it's nothing more than a chance for a bunch of upset fans to blow some hot air.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pshaw... don't be silly...

Jan 3, 2011, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Pshaw... don't be silly... ]

So William is failing because he doesn't listen to you? Is that right?

Your vocabulary so far consists of two words,

Jan 3, 2011, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: If a recruit doesn't come because of something I said... ]

stupid and idiot.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you are 12 years old.

Yep, I'm an idiot. You got it.

Jan 3, 2011, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

Recruits care about a lot of things, what people say on a message board isn't one of them.

Jan 3, 2011, 8:23 PM [ in reply to So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

Who supported poor coaching? Read the post you ding head!

No. actually complaining about...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:26 PM [ in reply to So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

what you have seen on the field as far as plays or even a player's conduct (as long as you keep it constructive) is perfectly acceptable. What is not acceptable is calling for a coach to be fired. You don't have that power or responsibility. And, when you know a decision has been made about a coach or even what player is starting, realize that your comments will do nothing good and keep them to yourself. Think about it. If nothing good can come from something you do, why do it? If you don't want to support the school, don't. But don't tell everyone you are not going to support the school. All you are doing then is tearing it down.

It's a simple approach that works. Try it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: No. actually complaining about...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:41 PM

Thank you Smplman! Right on. I am starting a movement to make this community a come to Clemson community for recruits and coaches. We have to put down the negative posters.

It is right to voice the bads and changes that need to be made, but when a poster posts, "why would anyone come to Clemson"? This is the negative stuff that has to end!

You can. But why? What good does it do?

Jan 3, 2011, 9:34 PM [ in reply to So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

Honestly? Is it productive?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what was said.***

Jan 4, 2011, 5:18 PM [ in reply to So basically, you can't complain on TigerNet, and we're ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Agreed. This was a difficult season to swallow but its time

Jan 3, 2011, 8:29 PM

to support the Tigers, bring in a great offensive coordinator, the great recruits, and start training for another ACC Championship!!!

Re: Agreed. This was a difficult season to swallow but its time

Jan 3, 2011, 8:38 PM

agreed.

This season is over, (thankfully) and changes are being made. If we make the right coaching changes and hold on to the recruits we already have committed (at least) we will
be in much better shape in the fall.

The more people make stupid or offensive posts, the more
likely recruits and coaches that we would like to come to improve Clemson Football will get the impression that Clemson is not a good place to play/coach.

just because you can say/do something, doesn't mean you should...

Why 2 more years?***

Jan 3, 2011, 8:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why one more day?***

Jan 3, 2011, 8:33 PM

Re: why one more day?***

Jan 3, 2011, 8:47 PM

or minute for that matter

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the cut of your jib...***

Jan 3, 2011, 8:49 PM

our football team is on television nationwide

Jan 3, 2011, 8:35 PM

it's not like they're helping. if a recruit or someone is turned off because of internet postings, then they didn't really care anyway.

Re: our football team is on television nationwide

Jan 3, 2011, 8:55 PM

Just think that! Fans are a huge part of recruiting.

you just think that!

Jan 3, 2011, 9:01 PM

fans are only a part of recruiting when they pay the players, like at Auburn.

I discovered this board ten years ago...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:48 PM

.....It has certainly changed a lot, and not all for the better. It seems like this board started going downhill when the word "germans" started being used 5,000 times a day. You could also have a different opinion on here ten years ago without being an "idiot." The biggest complaint when I started on here was Larry Shyatt, who I personally think was the worst coach in any sport in Clemson history, at least in my lifetime, but we have assistant coaches today who get called more names than he did back then.

What ticks me off the most is when an opposing fan comes on here and defends their team if we are knocking them. On a neutral board, I would expect that, in "our house," we should be able to say whatever we want about anyone, without having to see Toogie or BCLou disrespecting us in "our house."

honestly...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:52 PM

we've been divided about the football head coach for so long, I've almost forgotten what it's like to argue with outsiders.
From around '03 to '08 it was Bowden, now it's Dabo. Honestly, until a new coach comes in and gives us a complete reset(which we didn't get with Dabo and one of the reasons I said he shouldn't e hired) OR Dabo wins the ACC... I think you'll still see it the way it is. All Clemson fans, but some think if we just pulled a little harder we would get there, and some thing that the admin isn't trying and are fed up.

you're right....you've got to hit the reset button at some

Jan 3, 2011, 8:57 PM

point to clean the gunk of the system and give everyone a chance to feel clean again. We've been divided so long that it's hurt our ability to win severely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The date this board got divided

Jan 3, 2011, 9:26 PM

And the craziness started creeping in--December 23, 2002. The night Texas Tech beat us 55-15 is when the fan base became divided, and nothing has been the same since.

the very next game didn't help things either...

Jan 3, 2011, 9:28 PM

30-0 at home? Yeah, that's not gonna sit well.
Funny, because '03 is talked about as the last time we were really a GOOD team, but we kind of forget the thumping to Georgia and the 45-17 infamy against Wake.

But the ending of the season sure was nice.

Strangest seasons in Clemson football history

Jan 3, 2011, 9:53 PM

We ended/started the 2002-2003 season being outscored by two teams, 85-15. We finished the 2003 season outscoring two teams, 90-31.

Re: I discovered this board ten years ago...

Jan 3, 2011, 8:56 PM [ in reply to I discovered this board ten years ago... ]

AMEN

Too bad

Jan 4, 2011, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I discovered this board ten years ago... ]

1. Who's denying you the right to say what you want about any team?

2. I don't need to disrespect Clemson. For the past few months you people have been doing a pretty good job of that on your own.

I'm coming up on my 9th anniversary on Tigerboard

Jan 3, 2011, 8:54 PM

this week...it's changed a lot since those days when I first started coming on here. I think the major change is related to the level of frustration with the program. It's been over 20 years since we were relevant nationally. The Hatfield, West, Bowden years and now Dabo as an extension have almost ripped the fanbase to pieces. We are shadow of the program I witnessed as a kid and that frustration spills over daily here. It's not going to change until things change within the university either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgusted

Jan 3, 2011, 9:20 PM

It went the way of people who sign their post with names like loubello and 31tigrod. If everyone would sign up with their names and addresses, you wouldn't have to worry about the issues you have listed. It all goes back to agore.

amazing what a losing season will do to a fan base....

Jan 3, 2011, 9:21 PM

that and hiring an unqualified WR coach to be the head of a program worth millions. Soon this too will pass or CU football will go the way of so many proud programs that are nothing more than a blip in the history books and no longer relevant.

I don't come on here much so hate on me if you want but

Jan 3, 2011, 9:52 PM

How many recruits do you think honestly come onto the TigerBoard and read posts?

Most people come on here because they're either:
A. pissed off about something Clemson is not doing
B. excited about something Clemson is doing right
C. bored at work or home and want to see what others are saying (see what I am doing now)

I don't think I've read anything in between like "Hey, Clemson football looks ok today"

Just my 2 cents, other than that, Clemson please run a spread offense next year. That is all

get over yourself bub...

Jan 3, 2011, 10:56 PM

i find this self righteous post disgusting.

you joined in 2009? how would you know? this board

Jan 3, 2011, 11:06 PM

hasn't been good in years. and i've been here over 10 years. you'd have to go back 6-7 years to find the good tigernet.

^^^WINNER^^^***

Jan 4, 2011, 10:34 AM

YEAH!

Jan 4, 2011, 10:44 AM

> Tigernet use to be a good forum for decent people
> with good suggestions and thoughts. - Really? When was that. I must have missed those glory years.

Over the past
> football season, this forum has been a place for
> idiots to display not so Clemson like posts. What exactly qualifies a post as a "Clemson-like" post? TIA

Where
> has the "class" of Clemson gone to? Just like
> Facebook or any other social media, what you post is
> seen by "everyone". If you're looking for class on the internet, you may be waiting for a while buddy
>
> What you post is seen by every recruit and potential
> coach. Clemson is a place of dignity and class, so
> act accordingly. You know what else is seen by every recruit? The embarrassing losses and half-assed approach our administration takes toward the program. I think that might be slightly more important than what is or is not said on the internet
>
> Whether you like Dabo or not, get use to it for two
> more years at a minimum and shut up! So tired on the
> crying, whining and child like posts. Yes, sadly we know. This is what Clemson has fallen to, so we should shut up and enjoy it. Right on.
>
> Get a life and respect the University! Post things
> that you may want a recruit to come here for on a
> positive note and shelve the negativity! OK...Dear Recruits - I am a 36 year old guy on a message board. Please do me a favor and have some intelligence by realizing that this is....an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. If you use this to make a decision on where you attend college, I'd rather you just go somewhere else anyway.
>
> It may be the lowly posts that are more detrimental
> than any coaching staff could ever have on a team or
> recruit. No, pretty sure it's the losses.
>
> All in, not sure. But I will not be a part of any
> childly and idiot responses I have seen on this
> board. What I have seen here by my fellow CLEMSON
> FANS is disgusting.
>
> Support or leave, please! Our definitions of "support" differ. See you around.

Boohoo.

Jan 4, 2011, 8:34 PM

I'm sure our posts here are the reasons things are falling apart at Clemson. SURE OF IT.

Own less, do more.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic