Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard Barker speak last night and mentioned CJ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Heard Barker speak last night and mentioned CJ...

Jul 1, 2010, 11:16 AM

he said that CJ was in town and came by his president's mansion to sit down and talk.

After a while of chit-chatting, CJ said let me talk about the real reason I'm here - he didn't want to be one of those guys that went on to the pros and forgot about his alma mater and wanted to commit to a gift for the university for the rest of his life. President Barker knew he didn't have a financial planner yet and told CJ not to rush into writing out a check or anything without giving it some thought first. CJ said he wanted to do more than just give money - he wanted to be personally involved with the university based on his experience of graduating from Clemson.

He said that remaining at Clemson for his senior year and graduating meant so much to him and made a sigificant difference for his future in the NFL financially. He wanted to set up a fund to help students that were doing well in school but having to decide whether to stay and graduate or leave early due to financial hardships. Also to be a resource for them if they needed someone to talk to about it.

Of course, I'm just recounting what I heard last night and may have butchered some of the details, but the overall theme should give you an idea of the great gift CJ will be sharing with us for a long time!

Anyone else that was there - feel free to add anything or correct anything I said above that may be off a little.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrific!!

Jul 1, 2010, 11:22 AM

I know that every Clemson alumnus, at one time or another, has wished he/she could make a huge contribution to our alma mater..........CJ is fortunately in a position to do so.

Thanks CJ for a lot of stuff--- especially for being a "Clemson Man" through and through

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing! Spiller Indoor Practice Facility to come soon? :))***

Jul 1, 2010, 11:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard Barker speak last night and mentioned CJ...

Jul 1, 2010, 11:58 AM

That's what I'm talking about!!!! USUC can keep their title.

We grow men!!! Men of character!

CJ has grown from a star considering a transfer to a Clemson MAN that recognizes what our great school gave him.

USUC catch us in sports, don’t catch us in sports. Who cares!
CJ’s growth is an example of what it is all about!

Re: Knew CJ Would Give Back To Clemson or IPTAY Soon...

Jul 1, 2010, 12:02 PM

But not this soon. What a Guy! Best of luck in Buffalo CJ..and don't take any prisoners or eat too many wings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ seems to be a quality guy

Jul 1, 2010, 12:06 PM

as good as he is on the field you are always hearing something that makes you think he is a good and caring and also well grounded person. I so enjoyed watching him play but I'm very proud of the person he is and the concern he has for the school and others generally. There is some much to be proud of concerning him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i will plan his finances for 10%***

Jul 1, 2010, 12:03 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: i will plan his finances for 10%

Jul 1, 2010, 12:12 PM

my opinion of him would crater if I hear he threw in with you . :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just because i have no clue about finance?

Jul 1, 2010, 12:15 PM

gonna read a book though. We should be OK

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I'll do it for 9.5%***

Jul 1, 2010, 12:14 PM [ in reply to i will plan his finances for 10%*** ]

reminded me of an old joke about going to the 1 Hour glasses

Jul 1, 2010, 12:23 PM

...place.

Because for something as unimportant as your eyes your want to get it done as quickly and inexpensively as possible.

that is great stuff!

Jul 1, 2010, 12:18 PM

CJ is top notch, I hope his influence not only made an impact because of what he's done, but also bring in more student athletes that are like him.

Jul 1, 2010, 12:28 PM

A class act from day 1

Jul 1, 2010, 12:28 PM

CJ...what more can you say....one absolutely great human being. It would be so nice to see more athletes "giving back" to their schools as CJ plans to do

We love you man !!!!

Jul 1, 2010, 1:30 PM

I may be the only one who thought this but Barker should have said OK and contacted KP. I know KP is not struggling for money but this kind of talk couldn't hurt.

null

Imagine CJ working alongside "The Judge" in the future.***

Jul 1, 2010, 4:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ loves Clemson too much! And so do I! Go TIGERS!***

Jul 2, 2010, 1:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic