Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Requests for Tigernetters...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

5 Requests for Tigernetters...

Aug 30, 2006, 8:09 AM

Here are five things I ask of all Tiger Fans this year, so if you agree, pass it on:

1) Let's be the loudest, and at the same time most respectful, college football stadium in the country. The Miami game last year gave Clemson all sorts of attention for how loud it can get and we already have a reputation for great tailgating and Southern hospitality. With the enclosure of the West Endzone, it will only get louder. Every home game, whether it's South Carolina or Florida Atlantic, there will be recruits and their families visiting and the louder and more hospitable we are, the better the impression we make on them. This is really one of our only legal ways to help with the recruiting process as fans - let's not let Clemson down.

2) Try and make it to at least one away game. I know this is not always easy, but Clemson is known for travelling well and this has helped in the past when it comes time for bowl selections. Most of all, it motivates the team and also may make an impression on our opponents recruits. It's also fun to visit another team's campus for the day and see how we are treated as guests.

3) Keep Clemson tickets in Clemson fans hands. There are always exceptions to this, especially for Clemson-Carolina when close friends go to the games together and you're taking turns each year getting tickets for one another. But try to be sure that Clemson fans are filling all the seats. Nothing would #### me off more as a student than to get to my seat and have 2 opposing fans sitting near me with valid tickets in hand. If you cannot make it to games, try and pass them on to fellow Tigers or donate them to local clubs around Clemson. This also leads into #4.

4) Do not support the ticket scalpers. These guys are in Clemson for one reason - to profit off tickets by being the middle man (and they could care less whether a Clemson fan or opposing fan wants to buy them). If you don't want your ticket, hang on to it and sell it near the stadium - you will get at least what the scalpers are paying for them and you can be sure to sell it to a Tiger. Plus, you never know when you may run into a friend looking for a ticket. Keep the visitors where they belong - in the visitor seats.

5) Last but not least - let's all try and be positive about the season until it's over (after our BCS game). Don't worry about critics, USC boards and their delusional coot comments (We know we are better than them in every aspect and always will be - we have more important things to worry about), or early and midseason rankings. Players and coaches are probably reading the discussion boards and need to feel our support all season long.

3 more days - GO TIGERS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you worry about you and let me worry about me.

Aug 30, 2006, 8:11 AM

;) Great list!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tool is a powerful brain.

Why don't you get off his back, he was trying to be positive

Aug 30, 2006, 9:03 AM

I thought it was a most excellent list too. :)

;)***

Aug 30, 2006, 9:12 AM

The tool is a powerful brain.

I hate that I can only give you 1 thumbs up. I agree 100%***

Aug 30, 2006, 8:13 AM

Thanks-Here you go***

Aug 30, 2006, 8:18 AM

TO THE HALL OF FAME YOU GO GUY!

Aug 30, 2006, 8:27 AM

NICE POST!

nice post I have a theory on the scalpers

Aug 30, 2006, 8:30 AM

we should bring BB guns. A few covert shots to the legs and the scalpers will return to Columbia:)

That might violate the niceness rule:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and get you arrested.***

Aug 30, 2006, 8:33 AM

“The best moment was on draft day when (N.C. State’s Mario Williams, Manny Lawson and John McCargo) all got picked in the first round,” said Dustin Fry. “That was kind of nice knowing we ran for 254 yards against three first-round defensive linemen.”

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic