Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad to see all the anti-Napier posts. Makes you look ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,076

Sad to see all the anti-Napier posts. Makes you look ...

Nov 22, 2010, 7:30 PM

like a bunch of a-holes.

Napier has done plenty for Clemson's program.

I wish him the best.

RB ~

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree RB...***

Nov 22, 2010, 7:41 PM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

centurytiger®

yep

Nov 22, 2010, 7:43 PM

but you see it all here. the good, the bad, the other

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad to see all the anti-Napier posts. Makes you look ...

Nov 22, 2010, 7:46 PM

no need for it. If it he goes I wish him all the best and no hard feelings

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really childish. Even if you think he's not a good

Nov 22, 2010, 7:49 PM

coach, it doesn't mean he's a "sorry a$$", "horrible", an idiot, a clown,, etc., or that he deserves to be bashed on this board the way he has been. I'm sure he's a good guy who's given his all to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's really childish. Even if you think he's not a good

Nov 22, 2010, 7:55 PM

There has been a lot of frustration with Clemson Football's lack of success and the offense has been the biggest disappointment this season.

With Napier's inexperience, he becomes an easy scapegoat. In his defense, he's had nothing to do with Clemson's inability to win championships for the last 20 years.

Just the last few...

I'd hate to see him go as well

Nov 22, 2010, 8:01 PM

but I don't think Dabo did him any favors promoting him to OC. Dabo went after an experience DC and should have done the same with offense. You're seeing the difference this year.

Re: I'd hate to see him go as well

Nov 23, 2010, 12:35 AM

Amen

No, your seeing the difference in an offense that lost its

Nov 23, 2010, 1:33 AM [ in reply to I'd hate to see him go as well ]

top 3 players in terms of production from a year ago. Any team in the nation that loses the kind of talent we did last year on offense is going to struggle. It kind of hard to replace two of the fastest players in Clemson history with sophomores and freshman. I think we have done an ok job this season given the circumstances @ WR especially.

I'm sure Napier would be the first to tell you he could have done a better job calling plays, but I think he has done the best he could with what he has. Hopefully he sticks around for another year to see what he really has.

Re: I'd hate to see him go as well

Nov 23, 2010, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I'd hate to see him go as well ]

I couldn't agree more.

Anyone can see the difference in the results this year between our offense and defense. It is a combination of talent lost/returned and coaching experience IMO.

Defensively, we returned a talented Defensive line and
Defensive backfield. (still have some LB issues)and have an experienced DC. (and have seen the results)

Offensively, we returned 2 experienced RBs most of the Oline, a few WRs, a talented TE and an experienced QB
and an inexperienced offensive coaching staff. (and have seen the results)

I think Dabo has improved the toughness, teamwork, attitude aspects of the program. I also think Steele has improved our program defensively. We are still lacking
in coaching on the offensive side of the ball IMO.

He writes good plays, gets players to execute

Nov 23, 2010, 1:48 AM

if he just made some better decisions in the red zone, he'd probably still be golden here.

Still think he has alot of potential.

Just because I think he is a sub par OC

Nov 23, 2010, 1:57 AM

doesent mean I dont think he is a decent person. He may even have a better suited role for our program, just not as OC. I know that he can recruit, so thats one thing he has going for him. I wish him the best, I just dont think that hes quite ready for such a big role in our program

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, Napier is obviously a good recruiter, but if you think

Nov 23, 2010, 7:19 AM

for a second he is a good OC you just don't understand the material. CJ and Jacoby would make any OC look good. Without them this year our offense has been miserable. I was predicting the plays from my armchair vs FSU & BC. He called a good game against Auburn and Ga. Tech. Other than that, it has been hard to watch. I don't want to hear "we just don't have playmakers" beacuse that is BS. A good OC takes what you have and puts the players in a position to be successful. Napier is trying to run the "Spiller" offense with a Spiller.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic