Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All Kyle Parker did today is speak the truth...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

All Kyle Parker did today is speak the truth...

Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 PM

I'm sorry if some of you people got your feelings hurt by the comments he made but guess what...GET A FREAKING LIFE!

He's absolutely right...there is entirely too much negativity around the program right now. Everyone's got an opinion and everyone wants to complain and have theirs heard. These message boards are read by players, recruits, & probably some coaches. Opposing coaches use it against our program, but I guess some of you don't really care about all of that. Its all about me, me me, I, I, I.

I believe these players when they say that Clemson is on the verge of something special. They are actually the ones there living & doing it. They know the talent that is in place. They know that the coaches are actually good coaches. For anyone that has played football before...as a player you know when you have a guy leading you in the right direction. You never hear any of our players talk poorly of our coaches. It's always very positive.

Its funny how some of Clemson's fans opinions change from week to week. I know its not easy to keep a positive attitude when things aren't going the way you want, but really...we have 8 guys off of last years team playing in the NFL right now. You have to look at things from a clearer perspective.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On fans may exercise their freedom of speech***

Nov 9, 2010, 10:37 PM

nm

Spammer***

Nov 10, 2010, 11:56 AM

It truly is embarassing that the QB for Clemson comes out

Nov 10, 2010, 12:00 PM

and has to say that it would be better if fans would give more support.

I am tired of guys on this board running their mouths because the are inherently pissed about their wife telling them what to do or because they cannot control their own lives. Get over yourself and your pi**y mood swings and support the team.

It is embarrassing. He should have just shut up, but then

Nov 10, 2010, 12:42 PM

again he's mirroring his coach.

In the history of Clemson football and college football in general, there have been no shortage of situations where coaches were on a much, MUCH hotter seat than Dabo, with not even 1/4 of the support Dabo is currently getting, and yet you didn't see those coaches going out and making it a point to negatively engage the fans the way this regime has. It is seriously highlighting his inexperience in his current role.

For the season we've had, I would say Dabo and co. have it pretty darn good in the amount of fan support they are still receiving. They are really biting the hand that feeds them at this point.

Fans are gonna be fans, but the way Dabo and Kyle are handling the pressure is a complete PR nightmare of their own making.

Re: It is embarrassing. He should have just shut up, but then

Nov 10, 2010, 12:44 PM

and i guess we are supposed to call you a fan huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go snuggle with your KP inflatable doll.***

Nov 10, 2010, 12:46 PM

How mature of you...***

Nov 10, 2010, 4:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

thanks brah., trying to keep it highbrow. stay cool.***

Nov 10, 2010, 4:26 PM

o my***

Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 PM [ in reply to go snuggle with your KP inflatable doll.*** ]

Fans support their team and bytch and moan at the bar!!!

Nov 10, 2010, 1:54 PM [ in reply to It is embarrassing. He should have just shut up, but then ]

We are becoming more and more like the coots everyday!!!
If the talent level was dropping I'd be worried, but it's not and we will get stronger rather quickly!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Belly up to Tigernet..thewhining/drinking lamp is always lit***

Nov 10, 2010, 1:56 PM

nm

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and this is pretty much a virtual bar.***

Nov 10, 2010, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Fans support their team and bytch and moan at the bar!!! ]

It would be better if we didn't throw pick six in a

Nov 29, 2010, 1:35 PM [ in reply to It truly is embarassing that the QB for Clemson comes out ]

State Rivalry game and pout like baby when you ain't cutting it and the coach does what he should do and sit your butt. My guess is that he probably would have went back in, but when he started acting like he didn't want to hear what the coaching staff had to say Dabo did what he should have done and got the underclassman some valuable playing time...

Like you are pouting right now? Passes you a pacifier***

Nov 29, 2010, 2:04 PM

NOT POUTING SIMPLY STATING COOT!***

Nov 29, 2010, 2:34 PM

Kyle has that right too.

Nov 10, 2010, 12:00 PM [ in reply to On fans may exercise their freedom of speech*** ]

I have critized him several times, including this past week. What he says does not hurt my feelings at all. I glad he spoke out; it is in contrast to some of my opinions, but he has the right to speak his peace.

Re: All Kyle Parker did today is speak the truth...

Nov 9, 2010, 10:41 PM

Give me a freakin break. All this guy has done for the past 3 months is cry about everything and your talking about the fans!

No...You give me a freaking break

Nov 9, 2010, 10:45 PM

All Clemson's fan base does is wine and cry. Its pretty embarrassing to be honest.

So the kid is tired of his own fans turning against him. I don't blame him for saying what he did. May #### some people off but its the truth.

All of this negativity that has been going on this year is only hurting the program even more.

Re: No...You give me a freaking break

Nov 9, 2010, 11:11 PM

Clemson's fan base wouldn't whine and cry so much if they could cheer on a winning team. Put together an impressive season or two and the message boards will be much more pleasant.

Put together a decent season or two? We just won the ACC

Nov 10, 2010, 12:22 AM

Atlantic last season...

But Clemson fans will make up some #### poor excuses to complain. For example...Well if Dabo wouldn't have had CJ then we wouldn't have been worth a crap. Well guess what? He did have CJ so your point is stupid.

lol and winning the atlantic means what? nothing! you know

Nov 10, 2010, 1:19 AM

what it means? that there are too many teams in the conference to play everyone each year, so you create two divisions and let those two teams play a one game playoff created to make money, which so far has been a bust, and they play for the official acc championship.

so basically it gives you the opportunity to play for the championship, that's it.

and despite the atlantic being the worst division in college football, we've played in the acccg just once.

brilliant

wow...that's like being the tallest midget***

Nov 10, 2010, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Put together a decent season or two? We just won the ACC ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

The 7000 or so fans who traveled to boston

Nov 9, 2010, 10:50 PM

to watch a 4-3 Clemson team take on a 2-5 BC team have every right to complain about whatever the heck they want. The fan support in this program is too profound for us all to just sit around and take everything lightly. We care too much, plain and simple. Some people, like Kyle, will see that as a bad thing when times get tough, others will see it as a huge advantage when times call for things like money. The fact of the matter is that our fans deserve better. Essentially, we are what makes this university. Players and coaches will come and go, but we will remain and endure. I doubt I will ever boo a player that wears an orange uniform, but by god if I know they can do better, or our team can do better with someone else, then I will gladly give my opinion on how we should go about doing it. When it boils down to it that is all anyone is really doing here. Just wanting us to do better and offering an opinion on how to do so.

Smart people can constructively discuss issues.

Nov 9, 2010, 11:13 PM

And then there's that facet, the lunatic fringe, who are mostly a bunch of whining imbeciles, like the other guy alluded to. It's the whining imbeciles who are an embarrassment to Clemson's proud name.

Believe me I agree

Nov 9, 2010, 11:40 PM

However, the frustrations being expressed by the general population of Clemson fans in regards to Kyle Parker cannot be deemed as fringe or as an embarrassment. The poor guy just has not lived up to what we expected. And that is just frustrating. We all saw him tear it up at Auburn, and then after that vicious hit, he did a complete 180 and has visibly played fearful. That is just plain frustrating.

This is the third straight year we have had 4 losses or more. People are justified in their frustrations with players and coaching staff. It is disconcerting to read national message boards and journalist regard our program as the one that has all the talent in the world but we have one of the worst head coaches in the conference. I do not believe that personally, but I cannot point to any proof that they are wrong.

I simply sit and hope it will turn around soon. But to what end? I have more patience than most. The frustrations you are seeing now are from people who have little patience, and I think they are somewhat justified.

Parker is in the middle of a sophomore slump...

Nov 10, 2010, 12:25 AM

he wouldn't be the first to have one. I remember Justin Miller had one of the best freshman seasons in Clemson history only to come out the next year and play like absolute crap.

Re: Parker is in the middle of a sophomore slump...

Nov 10, 2010, 1:08 AM

The problem is he is essentially a senior. If he wasn't leaving after this year for a baseball contract, there wouldn't be such a big backlash.

junior but close enough***

Nov 10, 2010, 1:23 AM

Wrong again.***

Nov 10, 2010, 12:28 PM

Re: Parker is in the middle of a sophomore slump...

Nov 29, 2010, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Parker is in the middle of a sophomore slump... ]

The backlash against Parker is only in part due to his performance. The main reason is because of the poor attitude he displayed after being benched. If he wants the fans to be supportive and not be critical, where was his support on Saturday night when he darted instead of march to that paw after the game and stand beside the rest of the guys?

You forgot to mention he's also coming off an injury***

Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Parker is in the middle of a sophomore slump... ]

no, barker, TDP, TB, Dabo and our teams since '91 are the

Nov 10, 2010, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Smart people can constructively discuss issues. ]

embarrassment.

LOL. Mention Clemson people who are embarrassing ,

Nov 10, 2010, 12:28 PM

and look who shows up.

You're the poster child... unfortunately you're just not smart enough to realize it.

It was your decision to go to Boston not Kyle's***

Nov 10, 2010, 12:22 AM [ in reply to The 7000 or so fans who traveled to boston ]

That's obviously not the point.

Nov 10, 2010, 1:37 PM

The point is that 7000 fans took time to go watch a game that was 1000 miles away from Clemson, SC. Our team should want to win a championship to reward our passion for supporting them. I'm sorry that notion insults you.

Re: That's obviously not the point.

Nov 10, 2010, 1:57 PM

You said "Our team should want to win a championship to reward our passion for supporting them". That's interesting, but they are not playing for us fans, in my opinion. They should be playing to earn the right to the title of Champions. We as fans must realize that we are secondary to the team. As you have rightfully pointed out, it is our responsibility to have a passion for support, but that is not why they compete for a championship. I'm sure they all want to get another Flag and they have put a lot of effort into it. We as fans do make it hard when we criticize and carry on, and I include myself in the group. We’ve all voiced our opinions, now maybe it is time to cool off some and let’s see what the 12 game results are.

secondary to the team? huh?

Nov 10, 2010, 3:09 PM

Our IPTAY donations and season ticket revenues are the only reason the team as we know it exists. They'd better be darn well be playing for us and our glorious university.

Follow this up with a donation to T-Net***

Nov 10, 2010, 3:13 PM

Maybe you should check my profile......I have 10 years

Nov 10, 2010, 3:21 PM

of donation history....how about you?

I apologize ...

Nov 10, 2010, 3:24 PM

but why doesn't it show up under you username on your post?

I'm currently a non-donor for an unrelated reason on a

Nov 10, 2010, 3:28 PM

different forum.....fundamental difference of opinion you could say.

I believe the offending party is no longer an issue though, so I probably will join the ranks of the current donors shortly.

Re: I'm currently a non-donor for an unrelated reason on a

Nov 10, 2010, 4:36 PM

This is a FREE board, no reason to feel bad about not donating. That's why they exist.

So, the team is seconday to the fans?

Nov 10, 2010, 4:30 PM [ in reply to secondary to the team? huh? ]

The reason that IPTAY exists is to support them! Yes, they should want to reward the university, alumni and fans, but they are the reason we contribute and support.

No, but they're darn sure secondary to the University.***

Nov 10, 2010, 7:24 PM

The High and Mighty obed has spoke....

Nov 10, 2010, 4:34 PM [ in reply to secondary to the team? huh? ]

all of you POOR fans who can't donate as much $$$ as he does deserve no opinion.Clemson plays for HIM....Some people can see the problem,some can't...classic t-net arrogance.

LOL....good one, brokeback.***

Nov 10, 2010, 7:24 PM

p.s. wasn't me that zeroed you.***

Nov 10, 2010, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: That's obviously not the point. ]

didn't think so anyway!!!!***

Nov 10, 2010, 4:31 PM

Re: The 7000 or so fans who traveled to boston

Nov 10, 2010, 11:52 AM [ in reply to The 7000 or so fans who traveled to boston ]

My feelings exactly. Had been to Boston in '06 and was looking forward to a nice 4-day trip. Sitting in a cool, crisp day watching a team run all over the field with NO direction was not only frustrating but embarrassing. I've seen better high school games.

It doesn't give you the right to do anything***

Nov 10, 2010, 12:50 PM [ in reply to The 7000 or so fans who traveled to boston ]

Nov 9, 2010, 10:55 PM

KP needs to worry more about making Playing better football. He has done nothing but whine since he competed last year for the starting job.

I don't know what you consider whining but I think he has

Nov 10, 2010, 12:27 AM

been pretty straight forward with everything. He has put it all on the table for everyone to see. He hasn't performed as well as he would have liked, i'm sure, but he hasn't whined and complained.

& if you consider his comments today as whining then you are sadly mistaken. The truth hurts for some Clemson fans.

Maybe the players need to spend less time reading message

Nov 9, 2010, 11:15 PM

boards and more time studying the play book.

Some of you act like Clemson "fans" are the only people who complain. Have you read the message boards at USC, NC State, or UNC lately?

It's a different world. Complaints asnd praise are instantaneous. I'll bet Alabama fans are ripping somebodya new one this week. Let it go. No kid is going to come to Clemson, or not come to Clemson because of some message board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2010, 11:27 PM

Glad KP is speaking out. Glad to hear him speak the truth. We all need to hope KP can lead us to a victory Saturday. He is our only chance

Not our only chance because our defense is pretty good but

Nov 10, 2010, 12:02 PM

he needs to play well.

yeah....but i could say a lot of true things very that are

Nov 10, 2010, 11:52 AM

very stupid to verbalize.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Nov 10, 2010, 12:00 PM

And what is wrong with frustrated fans voicing their displeasure over the last 20 years of mediocrity? Last time I checked we did have freedom of speech. If you are satisfied with the current state of the football program, that is well and good. Don't sit at your computer and bash those of us who are fed up with it.

Nov 10, 2010, 12:33 PM

While you make a fairly persuasive argument, you don't touch on the burning question of why we are where we are with losses to UNC & BC
I agree about the talent level, and I wonder about the coaching.

Does he want to be coddled?

Nov 10, 2010, 1:20 PM

If he plays at FSU the way he played against NCst we will lose, and lose big. Away game vs. home game....think the fans are going to be yelling his name at Doak Cambell? Well, maybe the THOUSANDS of CU fans that will travel to the game, but the majority will be calling for his scalp.

No need to even mention the fans at this point, how about FOCUS on the upcoming opponent.

The fan talk is irrelevant, and will only fuel the fire if we lose the next couple of games, and especially FSU or USuC.

Sounds like Parker's the one whose feeling are hurt***

Nov 10, 2010, 1:35 PM

silent majority finally has spoken.

Nov 10, 2010, 1:40 PM

Get behind this team what matter what. We have the entire off-season to parse coaches, and depth charts. We are in the thick of things, and I like our guys.

Negative Nancys and token coots should get a life.

go get em tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Point for you***

Nov 10, 2010, 2:34 PM

Maybe, maybe not

Nov 10, 2010, 3:00 PM

You're right, Kyle, Dabo, Napier, and everybody else are on the inside looking out. They certainly do know more than the average person on this board. But they need to take a minute and step outside that box.

For 10+ years, all we've heard is how we are on the verge of something special. Really? What is their definition of special. We're 5-4(3-3). We aren't on the verge of something special. When you control your own destiny then go out and lay an egg, you aren't on the verge of something special.

Dabo and company maybe the ones to take us to the next level, but it's time for them to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.

To add to your post regarding 8 guys in the NFL right now...

Nov 10, 2010, 4:24 PM

We also have an awesome recruiting class coming in next year with the possibility of bringing in a few more top prospects.

I do believe we are on the verge of something great WITH Dabo and Company and that many of our fans are our own worst enemy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

All programs have negativity on their msg boards....not just

Nov 10, 2010, 4:24 PM

CLEMSON. Other than that I agree....I don't like too much negativity, but fans paying the prices we pay will say what we feel, especially on/behind a computer.

yeah, the SCU, Alabama, Auburn, VT, FSU, Miami

Nov 10, 2010, 4:29 PM

message boards never have any negative posts complaining about players or coaches.

Good gracious. If a recruit ever tells Dabo that he's not coming to Clemson because our message board is so negative, and Dabo can't show him in 30 seconds that ours is no different than anyone else's he needs to be fired for not being able to work the internet.

If your theory is true, Boise State and TCU would get every good recruit since their fans are the only ones who haven't had much to ##### about.

Message was edited by: FordPrefect®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand your scenario,

Nov 10, 2010, 4:51 PM

But it would most likely be that the recruit in question was personally affronted by one of the Clemson boards. There is no way to combat that. Sometimes we don't know how far our word do reach.

How long have you believed

Nov 10, 2010, 4:42 PM

That we are on the verge of something special? 5 years? 15 years? Gimme a break... Sunshine pumpers coming out of the woodwork again. Some people will never get it.

So if we happen to verge into something special next year or

Nov 10, 2010, 7:35 PM

two, don't bother celebrating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he has the hurt feelings. Win and that will

Nov 10, 2010, 7:44 PM

get him some positive vibes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

So, uh, where did this come from? Don't see a bump

Nov 29, 2010, 1:21 PM

listed anywhere, and yet here it is.

Either way, pretty irrunic.

Re: So, uh, where did this come from? Don't see a bump

Nov 29, 2010, 1:25 PM

o my***
T_I_P Nov 29, 2010 1:19 PM

You never hear any of our players talk poorly of our coaches

Nov 29, 2010, 1:41 PM

Would you speak poorly about your boss where everyone could hear it? Don't worry I'll wait...

Where is this interview? All I've read is more press

Nov 29, 2010, 2:24 PM

spun drama, partially because he ducked out on them Saturday. *L* Who cares.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic