Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: governor or hangman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,062

Sunday sermon: governor or hangman?

Nov 7, 2010, 7:23 AM

Well, ACC ... look who's back!

Yep it's those lovable lunatics from up in the hills of South Carolina. Thought ya got rid of us after that fiasco in Boston last week didn't you?

Truth is, a lot of folks had us dazed and left for dead as we stumbled out of Boston. Don't even show up against Mighty N.C. State. They're destiny child, ordained after beating once-mighty FSU. Don't think so? Then I guess you didn't see the 2010 Wolpfack football media guide, did you?

But...but we're NC State! We're bona-fied!

Certainly we didn't help matters yesterday. Dropping the ball on the deck five times, KP throwing to a wide-open Wuffie defender, more kicking comedy, losing a gorgeous TD to an ill-timed (but entirely correct) holding call, not getting a fumble recovery on an ill-timed, entirely laughable catch interference call.

But here we are, right where we were before our ill-fated adventure in Boston. FSU and NC State and Maryland are a half-game ahead, and it's a sure bet that one of them will fall to us. We still have to win out, including beating an FSU that has proven admirably unable to stop anyone in the past few weeks and a Wake Forest team that Im not even going to worry about now because without the FSU win this is all a meaningless waste of time.

So, we're looking at a prime-time showdown next weekend. On the road. In Tally. in what amounts to a loser-goes- home Indian Strap Match.

Hey Tigers! I'm waiting for you!

So, I'm giving y'all a choice this week. You can moan and whine about how realistically there's no chance for the Tigers against the oh-so-mighty Seminoles. How our offense stinks, how without AE we might as well be arranging deck chairs on the Titanic while the boat's band, Dabo, Napier and Friends toot away on "Nearer My God To Thee."

How high's the water, mama?

Do you really want to go through the week thinking like this? Waiting for a Saturday night date with the hangman? Looking at a fate of woe and doom because you've put yourself into an emotional coffin that offers no other view than the grave you've dug for the team?

Or you can take yesterday's event, for all the bruises and black spots on the apple, as a reprieve, a call from the governor.

Of course y'all know how I see things. And before you join the doomed crowd on the Titanic's Poop Deck, I ask you to look, once again at yesterday's game: not as proof we stink, but as proof that we are called to greater things.

And that perhaps, just perhaps, destiny isn't done with Clemson. How else do you explain the one-handed catch and kick by Zimmerman? How can you view the back-to-back red-zone Wuffie drives that ended in nothing but heartache for State?

How else can a person view the parade of errors on offense, see us emerge with a win over the 23rd ranked team in the country and not think greater forces are at work?

Next Saturday night, comes either the hangman or the governor. Who you see tells a lot about yourself.

Here's what I think: I think ... no I believe, firmly and without pause, that next Saturday, our little ragtag bunch is going to march into Tallahassee. They are going to stroll up to Ol' Chief Osceola's flaming spear, pi$$ the fire out, break it in half and shove the business end up FSU's title hopes.

I believe we are going to win in Tally, in Winston and back home against the Chickens.

You can believe we're doomed if you wish. You can howl about how this team has no shot, that the coaches don't live up to your expectations, that the administration isn't pouring T. Boone Pickens money into the program. You can sit on the deck of your imaginary Titanic and watch the water creep over the rail.

Me? I'm going to sit back and watch the magic about to unfold. I have no doubt. Something special is unfolding before us.

The phone call has already been made. All we have to do is answer it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pumper

Nov 7, 2010, 7:33 AM

;) I agree wholeheartedly!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sunshine.. not gas.. it makes a BIG difference***

Nov 7, 2010, 7:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: pumper

Nov 7, 2010, 7:43 AM [ in reply to pumper ]

Good jpb. I would not want to be named Ponder next weekend. Ponder that for a minute. A re match with Mickey D.

Re: Sunday sermon: governor or hangman?

Nov 7, 2010, 8:01 AM

Rev,

Great Sunday sermon. I agree. The one team we are not afraid of are the mighty Semiholes. In a game of this importance, they are the ones I would most like to be playing. Against a lesser opponent, we may lack the effort/concentration it would take to win (Boston College). I'm all in locked and loaded.

Classic post! I hope your right!***

Nov 7, 2010, 8:16 AM

I Believe!!***

Nov 7, 2010, 8:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2010, 8:50 AM

Even if we don't win all three , that's still the attitude to go forward with - unless, of course, you want to live a miserable life .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waiting for the magic to unfold ----ditto***

Nov 7, 2010, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great sermon and GREAT use of illustrations this time. LOL!***

Nov 7, 2010, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! Getting warmed up for basketball season.***

Nov 7, 2010, 9:09 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2010, 10:47 AM

Reverend--I just ready your extremely motivating post. I live in these hills near Tiger Town, and I continue to feel encouraged by our team and the way they fight to the end.

I was with some NCSU fans before yesterday's game, and they were quite discouraged by the fact that their team struggles to play all the way to the end of the game. Now they can add yesterday's game to their worries.

Do you have any words of wisdom/motivation for our field goal kicking needs? I have read some posts on Tnet that D. Zimmerman may need to try field goals after his amazing "save" yesterday.

Thanks for your inspiration!

Alas, I'm just a snake handler, not a faith healer***

Nov 7, 2010, 10:55 AM

to me, it really showed something of the character of this

Nov 7, 2010, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Sunday sermon: governor or hangman? ]

team when D Bowers was interviewed w/Dabo and talked about how he dedicated every game to his dad and Gaines, and how Dabo and the team had really been there for him. Then there's Jamie puking at half time and coming out and playing the way he did. These boys deserve to be supported, win or lose. When i see this football team, i see a family to which we also belong. And if you want proof...why is this board the place everyone heads after a game, whether win or lose. I believe we all love our Tigers, tho some of us show it differently! And i also would rather lose than have an individual like spurrier as the head of my team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, Rev!***

Nov 7, 2010, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There'e yout point for the Hall of Fame.***

Nov 7, 2010, 2:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it, Rev!!!!!

Nov 7, 2010, 11:49 PM

Do it one Play at a time, Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,062
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic