Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More State bias.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,426

More State bias.....

Jul 4, 2010, 3:43 PM

I have checked the news on theState.com and all this week there have been big banners across the top of the website regarding USuCk winning the CWS. When we won the national championship in football I don't recall their website having anything like this, no banners, no stories, no photos, nothing! Just goes to show you how biased they are toward our rival. RIDICULOUS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh... there was no internet

Jul 4, 2010, 3:54 PM

"When we won the national championship in football I don't recall their website having anything like this"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

al gore

Jul 4, 2010, 4:46 PM

al gore had not invented the internet yet in 81

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

forget it....he's rolling******

Jul 4, 2010, 6:41 PM [ in reply to uh... there was no internet ]

Re: More State bias.....

Jul 4, 2010, 3:57 PM

Be real man...where is The State located? Enough said. That's just like UVa people complaining all the time about the Roanoke Times giving more coverage to VT instead of them. It's the hometown paper for gosh sakes!

Re: Only a few people, outside of Columbia, really care.***

Jul 4, 2010, 4:01 PM

Basically no smart people, outside of Columbia, really care

Jul 4, 2010, 6:43 PM

of course our easily offended house coots do. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty funny. Point for you.***

Jul 4, 2010, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2010, 4:11 PM

Sorry that I didn't catch the humor on my first read! I totally missed the part about their website. You got me!

Me neither

Jul 4, 2010, 5:33 PM

I see it now, but still, I hope no new topics pop up on here about that.

Please

Jul 4, 2010, 5:14 PM

I really wish people would quit bringing this subject up. No matter what is said on this board is going to change one thing that is going on outside of this board. By showing bitterness you are hurting us more than helping us. Gamecock nation wants to see posts like this on here, and wants to see bitterness and jealousy. All posts like this do is add fuel to the fire.

I had lunch with family today and my coot brother in law, and coot uncle were there, along with one of my coot cousins and her Alabama fanatic husband. My Uncle was trying is hardest to get me riled but there was no way I was giving in. I just pretty much smiled at everything he said and acted like it was nothing to me. The last thing he told me before he left today as we were outside was to look at the plate on the front of my cousin's car. It was one of those "house divided" plates. It was divided between Alabama and South Carolina. So I looked at it and told him "yeah, one of those house divided plates." He then tried his hardest to get one last shot in by saying "both of those teams on that plate are national champions this year." I just laughed and walked away. He wanted to get me so angry he could not stand it, but I was not giving in, no way, no how.

Re: Please/// Now he has read your post and said Got Him.***

Jul 4, 2010, 11:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

careful..your bias is showing...

Jul 4, 2010, 8:18 PM

they deserve every bit of the attention. It was a record setting performance and you know it. Don't worry, it will go a way in a year or two.

careful..your bias is showing...

Jul 4, 2010, 8:18 PM

they deserve every bit of the attention. It was a record setting performance and you know it. Don't worry, it will go a way in a year or two.

You need to think about

Jul 4, 2010, 8:55 PM

What all you read on the internet in 1981. Do you remember the main websites you visited on the internet, in 1981?

Anyway, the good news is, we will never have to worry about them winning one in football or basketball. I can deal with them having one sport to be proud of. And thankfully, it's a sport that not everyone in the nation thinks of or keeps up with. After Tuesday night was over, I doubt hardly anyone outside of South Carolina, except maybe some diehard UCLA fans, even thought about it. And I am not saying that just because South Carolina won it, either. If any house coots want to cut and paste this post, and use it on me when we win one, feel free to do so. I would say the exact same thing if Clemson won it. It is just a fact, not a slam, that college baseball is not big in every state.

If we, well not if, but WHEN we win one, I will be ecstatic about it. I will celebrate it, I will go to Clemson to see our parade. But simultaneously, I will realize that it is not nearly as big a deal as football or men's basketball. It's kind of like when we beat the coots regularly in football, I know that no one outside of South Carolina really cares, but I do, and it does not diminish my happiness knowing that the majority of America does not give a flip.

Re: You need to think about

Jul 4, 2010, 9:44 PM

About the internet in 1981? Is anyone sure they read about Clemson on the WEB in 1981 the State,ect website? For the few that still remember DOS at its best, LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just blew up half the sarcasm meters

Jul 4, 2010, 9:10 PM

in use by T-Net.

Jul 5, 2010, 9:08 AM

What did you expect from the state? Use it to wrap fish, but don't use it to get credible information on Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic