Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have a lot of revenge to dole out next FB season.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,223

We have a lot of revenge to dole out next FB season.

Jan 27, 2010, 11:16 AM

We really owe 4 teams on our schedule this year in a major way. This is my list for who we owe the most, ranked by how badly they need to witness us crush them to make things right.

1. South Carolina - We are coming off a blow-out. These people always need to be put in their place and we screwed that up this year. We must make it a huge priority to beat these people convincingly and purge the shame we have.

2. Georgia Tech - We have lost 4 straight. They keep breaking our hearts in new, creative ways. They have not been that much better than us, yet the scoreboard says they are time and time again. They think they own us... and they do right now. A big win in Death Valley is sorely needed in this series.

3. Auburn - We have sucked it up vs the SEC (minus the coots) lately. Auburn beat us in 97 and 07. We need a win against a solid SEC program, and maybe we can inch out a tiny bit of respect in the state of Alabama, because we are a joke there right now. Winning at their house will send a serious message.

4. Maryland - The ugliest loss, hopefully, Dabo will ever have. Maryland isn't really too arrogant over their win, otherwise they'd be higher on the list. Either way, we need to make things right and put a serious hurting on them.

And of course the team we still owe the MOST is not on our schedule... again. UGA

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have a lot of revenge to dole out next FB season.

Jan 27, 2010, 11:51 AM

Wake - This is another program we need to remind them who they are. I will never feel good about the Wake game in Groves stadium until we drub them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep on all 4 and we haven't beat Auburn since 1951, 13

Jan 27, 2010, 11:56 AM

straight losses.

We need to watch out for revenge from FSU and Miami especially.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I would even go so far as to reverse 1 & 2. I'm

Jan 27, 2010, 12:15 PM

sick of losing to the freaking nerds. Period.

If the coots didn't absolutely blow us out I would agree.

Jan 27, 2010, 1:14 PM

Not to mention Spurrier is 2-3 vs us now and the coots think things are going to change permanently... again. A blowout win against them would send them back into permanent doubt which is where they belong.

63-17 is a blowout. 34-17 is not. It was a sound defeat

Jan 27, 2010, 1:32 PM

but we actually had our chances.

Okay, except

Jan 27, 2010, 1:28 PM

I would strongly disagree that the Carolina loss was a "blow out." It was a solid beating. It was not close, but losing by 17 is not being blown out. That is an overstatement and gives them TOO much credit.

Anyone who was at the game knows it was a beatdown.

Jan 27, 2010, 1:37 PM

We were thoroughly beaten, 17 point deficit or not. Our offense was a joke, our defense was man-handled, it was just hopeless.

I don't like giving them credit, you can check my post history and see that, but I stood there for 3.5 hours and witnessed a beat down. Now we owe them one, or five.

CSO - I ate humble pie in the cockroach for 3.5 hrs too.

Jan 27, 2010, 3:20 PM

But, I'd have to call a 17 point deficit a beat-down, but not a blow out.

Clemson owns the biggest blow-outs in the series.

1989: 45 - 0 Tigers
2003: 63 - 17 Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Dabo will have better luck with it...

Jan 27, 2010, 2:51 PM

...but can you name one game under CTB where we used revenge as inspiration to win the game?

when do we play the dawgs again?***

Jan 27, 2010, 7:54 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic