Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rushing the court, storming the field, etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Rushing the court, storming the field, etc

Jan 16, 2010, 9:23 AM

What is the big "embarrassment" that is supposed to associated with kids going onto the field? I don't 'get it'. In my high school, the students all 'rushed' the field after every, any game, win or lose. Mommas and Daddies, girlfriends and younger kids all went onto the field to greet their heros and friends, win or lose. It was an act of appreciation of effort. It united the players and the watchers.

Clemson football fans have been 'rushing' the field at Death Valley for decades, win or lose. No one goes out their because of the significance of the win. Kids go out there because it's Clemson football. It's a wonderful place. It's our field. We like our team. They worked hard, so go say THANKS. We take our kids out there to be where the bigger kids have just "played". It's what we do. I am OK with 'us'.

In the old days of Clemson basketball, back in the Fike Fieldhouse days, the players and the fans mixed all the time. You couldn't get out of the stands without walking on the court. After a game you went by to tell your roommate "Nice Game." It was no big deal. It was normal.

I am in favor of normalizing the activity of fans mingling with players in every sport. The players are not gods. The playing surface is not sacred ground. The events are games. GAMES.

So I'm good with fans 'storming' the court, the field or the diamond. I'm OK with thinking the kids playing are more or less like the kids watching. I'm good with going to see your friend, to tell your classmate or your hero, NICE GOING.

I'm not much into thinking that going onto the field means much other than that. I'm fine with being out of step with a lot of folks who want to view it differently.

Finally, if you are a Clemson fan, you cannot lie to yourself and try to pretend that beating UNC or DUKE is no big deal. We love the games. We love to win. We don't beat such folks regularly. It WAS a big deal. But big or little, 'storming' the playing surface ought to be OK.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 51 and haven't rushed the court or field in a while,

Jan 16, 2010, 9:27 AM

but the day I get to where I would not rush the court or field after a big win, if I was in postion to do so, is the day I will stop going to the games and just watch'em on TV. Heck, four or five times Wednesday night, my wife ran into the den to ask me who I was talking to. " Don't all of you talk to the TV during games!!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm 51 and haven't rushed the court or field in a while,

Jan 16, 2010, 9:52 AM

LOL---I drive my wife crazy with my constant dialogue with the announcers, our coaches and players and---loudest and usually the most profane---the officials. I'm there in spirit if not in the flesh

If its not normal, well, I shoulda been committed long ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, it's normal...

Jan 16, 2010, 10:04 AM

I'm sure all Clemson fans yell at the officials and announcers, and yes, at the players and coaches, too when watching games on TV. I know a 60 year old Clemson fan who was literally rolling on the floor screaming in agony during the first three quarters of the FSU football game this fall. It's easier on my stress level to actually be at the games where I can cheer the team rather than watch at home where I can only let off steam by yelling at the TV. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2010, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I'm 51 and haven't rushed the court or field in a while, ]

On the very rare occasion that I watch a game alone, I NEVER stop talking throughout the entire broadcast, not even a minute.

Jan 16, 2010, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I'm 51 and haven't rushed the court or field in a while, ]

57 here and If there were techs call in my Den I would pull a TO in the first two min everytime.

My wife got rid of me eight years ago. I replaced her with a good looking girlfriend and a hi-def Sony.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aka, "Gimping the court" for milerock®***

Jan 16, 2010, 9:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Nobody "Gimps the Court" like milerock®******

Jan 16, 2010, 9:54 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Absolut agreement!

Jan 16, 2010, 10:26 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What comes underfire next? Howard's Rock? Tiger Paw?***

Jan 16, 2010, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignore the media, play your game, and hold on to your

Jan 16, 2010, 11:58 AM

traditions. I could give a rats ### about what ESPN thinks about Clemson. We don't do what we do at Clemson for the edification of Sports Center couch potatoes. With all the money they now toss around, college sports is getting that way, and it's sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely right and well said. ******

Jan 16, 2010, 12:24 PM

null

How about instead of storming the field, call it 'autograph time'

Jan 16, 2010, 12:38 PM

And someone needs to inform these whiny announcers
our tradition (for what over 50 years?) is for fans
to come on the field.

I still have my autographed programs from 1966-68
and I think my brother still has a chinstrap from
then.

and some lucky couple of kids have my autograph from
the 81 spring game. That's the best part, kids don't
care who signs their program if you in uniform :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic