Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler and his Clemson Family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler and his Clemson Family

Jun 19, 2009, 9:48 AM

Let me begin this by stating that I like Micky Plyler personally and have enjoyed speaking with him on occasion but need to address his latest diatribes as a public figure.

I want to state that I am terribly relieved that Mickey Plyler is not leading Clemson in anything.

First off, Mickey states that Trevor's resignation, "is about the unfortunate way the athletic department handled a good man . . . A Clemson man." What? Huh. Yes, Trevor is a good likeable fellow, but he needed to be fired. Not allowed to resign. Not allowed to remain in the job a day longer, but actually fired. Fired! What an embarassment to our beloved University. What would Mickey's heros, Rush Limbaugh and Gresham Barrett say? I would imagine whipping the ### of your daughter outside at 2 a.m. involving the police and others would result in a firing at almost any respectable University.

Not for Mickey. Why? Because he likes Trevor. What? Yeah, Mickey loves Trevor so to fire him shows a lack of leadership. I cannot think of a more ridiculous reason, but typical of Mickey. If he likes you, he will support you even if you are losing and even if you are fighting your family in the yard. How many times did he say, "Bowden is a good man but we need a change." You see, Mickey wasn't a Bowden man so it was about wins and losses. Where were Mickey's tears when Bowden resigned mid-season? Many of you recall that Mickey supported a firing...of a good man. I too thought there was time for a change for Clemson football. Mine was based on the program's performance.

Mickey's Woodward and Bernstein use of DEEP THROAT sources in the Athletic Department are pretty silly too. How about Mickey's undying support of Jim Davis? Mickey gives absolute erroneous facts. Jim Davis got a big fat raise and immediately his performancd declined. The program waned terribly. But, "Davis was one of the most popular coaches in the Clemson community." Again, Mickey likes him. Mickey writes of the halcyon days of the 80s and Clemson family picnics. You know, when Mickey and his Athletic Department boys were letting the facilities fall to hell and sneaking around keeping information from the public.

Mickey is angry because his buddies are leaving Clemson. I understand it, but his buddies needed to be gone, marginalized to the fantasy picnics of yesteryear.

Mickey has more facts. He knows more about the Trevor Adair situation I'm sure. He chooses not to talk about it. Why? Because his friends are more important than facts.

I'm terribly certain that if Mickey ran the Athletic Department at Clemson, we would have picnics and dance through the practice fields telling each other how much we love each other.

Sometimes, like in Lonesome Dove you gotta hang somebody. Might as well be your friends...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not to defen Plyler, but the story is not cutr and dry about

Jun 19, 2009, 9:52 AM

what happened. Multiple stories going around. Should you always be fired od simply being accused of something.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also, the reason nothing is being said by Adair

Jun 19, 2009, 9:55 AM

publically is often when you are involved in an investigation all parties are involved by their council to keep their mouths closed.

that should read a"all parties are advised***

Jun 19, 2009, 9:56 AM

The thing with coach Adair...

Jun 19, 2009, 9:55 AM

is that nothing has been proven to this point. Last time I checked, he was innocent until proven guilty. If the charges against coach Adair are dropped, then Clemson will look really stupid for over-reacting.

As for Mickey, he wants to go back to the way things were in the 1980s and that just isn't reality. It's a wonder his "friends" in the athletic department still speak to him after the way he runs his mouth. That is, unless they have axes to grind with other people in the athletic administration and are doing their best to undermine it. If that's the case, then those people need to go.

I think you might be hitting on something here:

Jun 19, 2009, 9:56 AM

That is, unless they have axes to grind with other people in the athletic administration and are doing their best to undermine it. If that's the case, then those people need to go.

Re: The thing with coach Adair...

Jun 19, 2009, 10:30 AM [ in reply to The thing with coach Adair... ]

To play devils advocate for a moment, but the fact that charges are dropped really shouldn't have any bearing on Clemson's decision. Whether charges are dropped or not isn't really an absolute indicator of whether he did it or not. It just means there wasn't enough evidence that the law could consider to bring a charge. Doesn't really mean he did or didn't do it, but Clemson shouldn't bind itself to the decisions of another party.

he's guilty of embarrassing his employer. Court case has

Jun 19, 2009, 12:07 PM [ in reply to The thing with coach Adair... ]

nothing to do with his job. A business can decide that your actions embarrassed the company and can dump you at any point. People lose jobs every day for actions they regretted and were never charged with in court.

he put himself in a situation that was embarrassing and CU has all the rights to fire him, but gave him the opportunity to resign.

I think that's more than fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler and his Clemson Family

Jun 19, 2009, 9:58 AM

nation, we shall see how the case turns out. my question is why not just suspend him till the case is settled, especially if an interim guy is going to do the job for a year. that is my real question. why not hire a guy now. there are plenty of fine coaches at smaller schools that would love to coach at clemson i am sure. one guy at furman would not even have to move. hire someone now unless tdp is just trying to save a few bucks.

What if Tommy Bowden had resigned in June last year?

Jun 19, 2009, 9:59 AM

Would you want a national search or a local search? Believe me, your choices would be limited because of the timing of the season. At the end of the year is when you do national searches.

Where did you hear his daughter

Jun 19, 2009, 10:29 AM

had been beaten so badly? How long was she in the hospital? Please inform the board since you know what happened.

Re: Mickey Plyler and his Clemson Family

Jun 19, 2009, 11:04 AM

I completely agree with blog. Well written and stated.

I really wish Mickey would shut the #### up already with his

Jun 19, 2009, 12:38 PM

"Clemson family" nonsense. Mickey does more to embarrass the University than any action by the school. His insipid ramblings and nonsense about "sources" are nothing more than him exercising his own personal vendetta.

He's mad because his friend got fired. Great, thats understandable but don't try and couch it as a part of some greater injustice against the "Clemson family"

Just say, "I'm mad that my friend got fired." It is a crying shame that a no-talent hack like Plyler is any way associated with Clemson.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

don't expect an invite for the next picnic***

Jun 19, 2009, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also never misses a chance to criticize President Barker

Jun 21, 2009, 3:43 AM [ in reply to I really wish Mickey would shut the #### up already with his ]

anytime athletics are less than perfect. Didn't win a championship? It's because of our fixation on a magazine ranking, of course! That gets really old, really fast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^^^what Cu-Nation said^^^***

Jun 19, 2009, 2:31 PM

Nail, meet Head! You are exactly right. The type of ......

Jun 19, 2009, 6:42 PM

leadership style that Mickey is advocating is exactly what Clemson does NOT need!

wait a sec... Plyler cares about soccer now?

Jun 19, 2009, 6:46 PM

I seem to remember him saying previously that he could care less about it...

Re: Great Post***

Jun 20, 2009, 10:35 PM

Great post! I wish I could give you 100 points for that!

Jun 21, 2009, 3:39 AM

Mickey, while well intentioned and a seemingly nice guy, talks a lot about "Clemson men" yet I have trouble seeing just how much of a Clemson man HE is. This is the same person who wrote in his blog yesterday that we need some easy majors for the athletes. Of course, he also thinks Barker's top 20 goal somehow keeps our athletic teams from succeeding. I guess you rationalize however much is necessary in order to sleep better at night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic