Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there anyway that Leggett can just go straight to....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Is there anyway that Leggett can just go straight to....

May 16, 2004, 3:37 PM

Austin, Texas and get the Longhorn job he's wanted so badly? I've seen all of him I want to see. Our program is now the worst it has been in a long, long time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there anyway that Leggett can just go straight to....

May 16, 2004, 3:37 PM

Why dont you just leave

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's brilliant. If you don't like the message just....

May 16, 2004, 3:43 PM

murder the messenger. Makes sense to me. Just let good old Jack keep running us downhill and soon we can battle Duke and Maryland for the cellar.

Hey, you post a message like that . . .

May 16, 2004, 3:58 PM

and you're going to get responses like that. You have to know that. Your post had no content--just a slam on a coach who has had alot of success and brought Clemson alot of victories.
I was at the Fri game at Tech, and watched the Sat one on TV. Nobody is happy about what happened in those games, but good grief--its baseball, and there's no sense in being irrational after a bad weekend (or even a mediocre season).

We've also been robbed by MLB in the past few seasons.....

May 16, 2004, 4:15 PM

It's not like we're 7th-9th in the ACC. Every team has a few less than fantastic seasons. Cool your jets.

Don't use that excuse. Everybody has players and prospects..

May 16, 2004, 4:18 PM

taken away by the Majors.

It's true though, if you recruit a kid and take a hit

May 16, 2004, 4:20 PM

because he goes pro its going to catch up with you. If you want to be the best you have to go after the best.

No excuse just the truth bud

The ##### have had the same thing happen to them but....

May 16, 2004, 4:29 PM

they have been in the Super Regionals the last 4 years and back to back CWS appearances. They don't use that excuse so we shouldn't.

Re: The ##### have had the same thing happen to them but....

May 16, 2004, 4:32 PM

Geesh you're a piece of work. Show me how the coots have dealt with the same that Clemson has?!?!

They don't lose players? They lose players every year.....

May 16, 2004, 4:36 PM

just like every other team in the country. Just because we are Clemson fans doesn't mean we should use the "woe is me" mentality. They went to the super regionals and lost to ULA-LA with a great staff. They lost Bauer and Barber and came back the next year and lost to Stanford in the supers. They lost Bouknight the next year and went to the CWS. They replace and reload. Thats what you are supposed to do in College Baseball.

SC has done a great job, but your moaning is the "woeisme"

May 16, 2004, 4:49 PM

you claim folks shouldn't do.

Sure, they were at the CWS last year and we weren't, we'll get back sooner than later.

With the baseball knowledge you claim to "know", you'd know GT is as hot as anyone has been all year long. Take it a step further, GT has "struggled" at the "national" level the last few years.....particularly if getting to Omaha is the bench mark.

I guess maybe they should have fired their coach too?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Nobody on here reads because I never said I wanted to......

May 16, 2004, 4:56 PM

fire Jack or put down the team. I simply stated that we don't have any excuses. Don't use the majors as an excuse because it happens to everybody. Everbody knows Tech is hot. I watched them play on Fox the other night vs. UGA. The knowledge comment was cute. I just pay attention and don't make excuses like losers. Columbia has enough for the whole state.

I didn't make an excuse about anything....try to keep up.

May 16, 2004, 5:04 PM

My point is GT is hot, and no, we aren't playing all that well...but neither has GT for much of the season.

Just as we turned it on earlier this year, we've still got a couple weeks before the tournament. I'd be willing to bet we'll be a 2 seed...not too bad.

Considering the 2 seed, and how horrible you believe we are...you need to look around, we're having a good season, and setting ourselves up for a shot in the tournaments.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

You need to keep up because the only thing I have said is...

May 16, 2004, 5:07 PM

don't use the Majors for our problems. I never said we were bad or anything like that. We need to accept the fact that we are the cause for our demise. We will make the NCAA's but the next two weeks will tell us how far we will go.

Try again, I didn't use the major league loss rate...

May 16, 2004, 5:11 PM

...for anything.

I'm interested in this though, "we are the cause for our demise" - this is maybe the greatest statement of the obvious I've ever heard (who isn't responsible for their 'demise').

Also, "demise"? What "demise"? We played the hottest team in the country, and were swept at their place. Not exactly a strange phenom in baseball - since you follow it so close...right?

The major league losses was the argument when you ......

May 16, 2004, 5:20 PM

decided to jump in the argument. You acted as if I was putting down our team so you put in the "hottest team in the country" reference. We should put an asterisk by the fact that we were swept. We'll tell everyone "they were the hottest team in the country!"

No asterisk...it's called baseball.

May 16, 2004, 5:25 PM

I agree, losing guys is part of the game, it's unrealistic to expect to keep everyone - therefore the guy in charge must be ready for it.

Point is, we're having a "bad year" by our terms...by 96% of all other programs, they'd kill for a year like this once a decade.

Should we be happy by being swept by anyone, heck no...but calling the "demise" of our team based on this season (let alone this weekend)...is laughable.

A few facts you are ignoring

May 16, 2004, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Try again, I didn't use the major league loss rate... ]

No one gets that upset about 1 series,but this is not about 1 series.We failed to win 40 games last year for he first time in many years.It looks like we will fail again this year.We have lost great coaches like Corbin and Pawlowski,and we have not replaced them with comparable people if you jude this fairly.The pro issue is not an excuse.You have to make judgements about who will be high draft choices,and avoid signing kids that are projected as high picks.That is and always has been part of the job.I'm not calling for Jack's head,but he needs to make changes on his staff.Sully is not the answer.

I agree totally! Staff losses are more painful then player..

May 16, 2004, 5:27 PM

losses. The ##### have kept Toman and Myers and thats one of the reasons for their success. Paw and Corbin left and have started successful programs at C of C and Vandy. I don't know alot about Clemson's staff now but I hope they are chewing on the player's ### right now and getting them motivated for the Dukies and the ACC tourney.

test*

May 23, 2004, 2:11 AM

test

I love folks that have to explain...

May 16, 2004, 5:27 PM [ in reply to A few facts you are ignoring ]

...."if you're fair you'll agree with me"...LOL.

We have lost a couple great assistant coaches...we lost them to HEAD COACHING jobs...they didn't jump for lateral moves.

I can't argue that the pitching, particularly, hasn't seemed to be as solid as it was....we had a great pitching coach, not many as good as him...if that's the bar for the future, there's going to be a lot of disappointment.

When did Jack say that? I thought he was happy here. He ....

May 16, 2004, 4:19 PM

went to Maine so why would he cherish Texas so much? I know they are a power but what other reason?

Jack Leggett has chased the Texas job for years. If....

May 16, 2004, 4:38 PM

anybody comes on here and denies that then they are either uninformed, an outrageous liar or a member of the Leggett cult that will say anything to denigrate an unhappy fan.

Would you like to make us all believers by showing us some

May 16, 2004, 4:39 PM

evidence?

Message was edited by: STERLING®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack Leggett has chased the Texas job for years. If....

May 16, 2004, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Jack Leggett has chased the Texas job for years. If.... ]

Who the hell are you anyone SOMEONE PISSED OFF CAUSE they didnt offer your boy a scholly or something?

You're full of it. How do you chase a job like that anyway?

May 16, 2004, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Jack Leggett has chased the Texas job for years. If.... ]

Does he routinely call the AD at Texas and say "remember now, I'm still interested." I'm sure you have no evidence but Texas is one of the top 5 college baseball jobs and no one could blame Jack if he were interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet alot of people are thinking about where you........

May 16, 2004, 4:35 PM

can go straight to about right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure we'd all rather you be the one to leave

May 16, 2004, 4:40 PM

the Clemson family. You're post history shows you have a personal vendetta against Coach Leggett, for whatever reason.

But his track record speaks for itself. Yours does too.

May 16, 2004, 4:51 PM

Agreed.....his coaching has left questions in my 61 year old mine...like being behind by 5, runners on 1st and 2nd,
with no outs, and having the batter bunt....the announcers
gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying he was bunting for a base hit....but still??????

Your 61 year old 'mine'? Sounds like a shaft to me***

May 16, 2004, 11:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2004, 6:00 PM

Your post says -68 points; it ought to say -168! You must be a fair weather tiger. I've seen about all of your comment that I can stand!

I love Jackie Leggs. We have a great time with him in Cola.*

May 16, 2004, 9:03 PM

nm

you have a great time with a losing record?

May 16, 2004, 9:29 PM

Do you already forget the 13-5 asswhipping he put on rainman in small frye field? ignorance must be bliss.
LMAO @ coots!!!!!!

Re: And they are out in full-force now...

May 17, 2004, 12:05 AM

I guess some people just don't understand college baseball (or other sports for that matter) and the fact that teams get hot and play very well and are hard to beat during those periods. GT is one of those teams. Clemson, on the other hand, did not play well at all this weekend. Y'all are still a good team. It doesn't surprise me though that some of y'all are back at bashing leggett. Where were you a few weeks ago? Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens everywhere. The fairweathered fans love to speak up during the down times, and it's pretty sickening.

The Historic Horseshoe

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic