Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i kind of had an epiphany today... (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,455

i kind of had an epiphany today... (long)

Oct 3, 2008, 5:52 AM

this is a family that loves my Alma Mater.

and as such, i will not say anything negative about the father in that photo. at least not in a public forum.
from this day forward.

i may grumble to my wife if we do bone-head things on the football field.
i may kick my dog (not really but it sounds good) if we throw on 4th and a foot.
i may think Clemson should part ways with him at the end of the season.
i may even wonder if the contract extension was warranted.

but i will not disparage him publicly.

i will not let hate and venom override my actions toward someone in my family. the Clemson family.
if Clemson and Bowden part ways before he has won several different championships, i hope the parting is civil.
i hope that the majority of the Clemson family gives him credit for what he has accomplished. if he does nothing else but go 7-5 this year (which i think we can easily do), he has brought the program back to National attention.
he has gotten us to the point where - at worst - we are a top 25 team or nearly a top 25 team every year.
he has improved the facilities.
Death Valley is more impressive as a venue now, than when he got here. the athletic facilities (i imagine) are top notch.
his teams have tons of records in the Clemson football history books.

in spite of some people claiming a conspiracy against Clemson, i think the national sports media would love to see Clemson back in a glory period. back where we are a top 10 team. the pageantry and tradition that is college football, Clemson represents as well as anyone.
some of that could be contributed to Bowden.

his children went to Clemson. right?
i'm pretty sure that Bowden loves Clemson. at least he did or has.
i hope after all is said and done, the good Clemson memories far outweigh the bad for his family. just as i would any family whose children went to my Alma mater.

much like my experiences in the place i still consider home.

he deserves a measure of respect and to be able to win or lose graciously within the family. the Clemson family.

from this day forward, i will adhere to that thought.

sorry for the long post

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said! Finally a voice of reason.

Oct 3, 2008, 7:18 AM

I can understand the dissapointment, but I don't understand how anyone can have hatred and bitterness toward Tommy. He has given his best and brought was back to respectability. He has done a great job for Clemson! I can't argue that a change may be needed and the rest of the season will determine that, but he does not deserve what he has gotten. As an allum I'm ashamed of the way many have reacted to our team.

you may now begin with the TOMMY DOESN'T WEAR SOCKS

Oct 3, 2008, 7:41 AM

FIRE HIM NOW! posts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Very well said.***

Oct 3, 2008, 7:47 AM

There really is no reason to be mean to him or cuss him out.

Oct 3, 2008, 7:53 AM

No point in yelling at him or putting for sale signs in his yard. He did the best he could. It just happened to not be good enough here at Clemson. Just let him go. He gets a great severence package and had 10 years of great pay. He should be fine.

Message was edited by: TheJackal®

He did not get the job done that he was hired to do.***

Oct 3, 2008, 8:12 AM

that wasnt the point, the point is success or failure he is

Oct 3, 2008, 8:16 AM

still part of the Clemson family and should be treated accordingly with some courtesy.

He can be told nicely that he had every opportunity***

Oct 3, 2008, 8:23 AM

Well stated. Everyone on this board would appreciate

Oct 3, 2008, 8:39 AM

the same if they also failed...and I bet all of you have been in the pits of life...more than once...

If he really loved Clemson he would resign.***

Oct 3, 2008, 8:42 AM

brilliant - and hurt the players who play for HIM - yeah

Oct 3, 2008, 9:01 AM

How about go out and win the ACC like we still will!

they play for CLEMSON, there are no Bowden Tigers***

Oct 3, 2008, 12:12 PM

Re: LOL... you actually posted this ?

Oct 3, 2008, 9:14 AM [ in reply to If he really loved Clemson he would resign.*** ]

hahahahahahahahahaha

well, I guess you do have a right to post on here ....

way to reflect positive on CU.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

additionally if you love tigernet you should resign***

Oct 3, 2008, 10:26 AM

Re: i kind of had an epiphany today... (long)

Oct 3, 2008, 8:48 AM

If he really loved Clemson and the Clemson family, he would give 110% or keep his hands off of Howard's rock...but he isn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...keep telling yourself that

Oct 3, 2008, 8:52 AM

He may not be succeeding but im sure he is trying his best to win. Trying your best and succeeding dont always go hand and hand

Re: Right...keep telling yourself that

Oct 5, 2008, 2:50 PM

And you are making my point exactly - if he isn't capable of getting it done with 100% effort then he should be fired (or promoted).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice....HOWEVER, after 9+ years of the same thing!***

Oct 3, 2008, 8:58 AM

I wish more would feel like you do. You still adhere to:

Oct 3, 2008, 9:00 AM

"we're Clemson, we're better than that"

Thanks

Exactly. Question his play calls, his decisions on starters

Oct 3, 2008, 9:11 AM

or his strategies...but don't belittle the man. He deserves better for what he has done for Clemson, but perhaps more to the point, we deserve to represent ourselves better than to take anonymous pot-shots at a good man.

null

Hopefully there is no one that hates him...

Oct 3, 2008, 9:14 AM

He has done a lot for the progam. However, it's time for a change. I like the man. I would like to get to know him. But we need some new blood. Steve Spurrier said when he left Florida that 10 years was enough time at one place. He stayed 12 and said that it was past time to move on. This is the very reason that he didn't go back to Florida when Urban Meyer was there. Tommy Bowden has been here 10. He has had more than enough opportunities to win conference championships. He has made this program better but we need someone to make us great.

"Lou Holtz for Pwesident"

Good post.***

Oct 3, 2008, 9:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
The Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Lauren Bowden is so hot***

Oct 3, 2008, 9:48 AM

And DTF***

Oct 3, 2008, 2:58 PM

Re: i kind of had an epiphany today... (long)

Oct 3, 2008, 10:29 AM

While I agree with the message of your post, I do not agree with the reason. Tommy Bowden is NOT the reason. For God's sake he makes millions of dollars as our football CEO, and just like my CEO, that makes him fair game for public and private crticism. Now , having said that, in agreement with your thoughts, my reasons would be the fine young men on our football team! After leaving and venting over the weekend, I have come to the same conclusion as you, but for different reasons. I will hold my tongue because I love James Davis. I will remain silent because I don't want to deter from the effort of CJ Spiller. I trust that the leaadership of Michael Hamlin will turn us around. And let me tell you something, those guys in the second and third rows of the sidelines, the ones with clean uniforms, the ones who get the H**L beat out of them at practice everyday but never get in the game, but play because they love the game and our university, they deserve the best we have too! Tommy may love Clemson, but it is his job!!!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic