Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Public Thank you to 43,3,72,99&others
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 652

A Public Thank you to 43,3,72,99&others

Nov 29, 2004, 9:38 PM

I usually don't make a habit of posting, but I felt compelled to post this. While the media and the ACC's tobacco road cronies continue to take their cheap shots at our university, I want to publicly thank Leroy Hill, Duane Coleman, Roman Fry, Nathan Bennett, Maurice Fountain, David Dunham and others who cared enough about their teammates,the sanctity of running down the hill, and Clemson University to stand up and fight for it. To heck with the politically correct movement that has castigated us over this overblown incident. This is very cut and dry IMO if you have ever played competitive football at any type of level you understand that when family (i.e. your teammates) are in trouble you go to their defense. What would have become of Justin Miller if he didn't have these guys to rush to his defense? I don't blame any of these student athletes for the role they played in the quote/unquote brawl. I thought #5 has lacked some judgement when it comes to dealing with the press, but hey its a free country and that's for another post. Sorry for the ramble but once again, thank you to those mentioned above. I'm sorry if I left anyone out, but I, for one, am one Clemson University alum who is extremely proud of your actions. Thank You

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second that***

Nov 29, 2004, 9:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

Nov 29, 2004, 9:47 PM

You have to worry about your own guys before you worry about all the media, administrations, and such. Our guys did the right thing for the most part. Screw the media and analyst that think they know everything. They were wrong at least three times last year. ( vs. FSU, USC, UT). GO TIGERS...THANK YOU SENIORS

Bless you boys...it brings tears...

Nov 29, 2004, 10:04 PM

Nothing greater than to stomp a Gamecock into a mudhole!

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Yeah They Have My 100% Full Support As Well.

Nov 29, 2004, 10:06 PM

1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
C-L-E-M-S-O-N
T-I-G-E-RRRR-S
FIGHT TIGERS
FIGHT D@MMIT
FIGHT FIGHT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WE must protect this Hill......errrr house!!!** Agreed*****

Nov 29, 2004, 10:09 PM

YES! Coots Started It at the Hill!

Nov 29, 2004, 10:14 PM

We finished it on the field!

We took the bait at the end of the game.

Nov 29, 2004, 10:17 PM

We should've walked off the field but you cant leave player on the field to get his butt kicked.

Suggestion to TDP..

Nov 29, 2004, 10:40 PM [ in reply to WE must protect this Hill......errrr house!!!** Agreed***** ]

Next year we need to start the tradition of allowing ALL Clemson students to line up on both sides at the foot of the hill and towards the 50 to prevent ANY opponent coming near our players as they run down the hill. I am sending my letter in the morning.

Sounds as safe as holding a match near a can of Gasoline

Nov 30, 2004, 9:39 AM

I do Love the idea tg, but I think the students pregame activites could hinder their judgement if someone came near em.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

AMEN!!!***

Nov 29, 2004, 10:30 PM

What do the "do-gooders" say they should've done instead?

Nov 29, 2004, 10:33 PM

That's what I can't figure out...no way were a bunch of competitive young guys going to let Lou's thugs have their way in the Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Public Thank you to 43,3,72,99&others

Nov 29, 2004, 10:40 PM

Ditto.

Replies: 12
| visibility 652
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic