Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letter to Tommy Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 579

Letter to Tommy Bowden

Sep 27, 2008, 10:17 PM

Clemson University deserves better. Clemson fans deserve better and Clemson players deserve better. I have attended almost every home game at Clemson University since my freshman year in 1980. This is the same year i began voting Republican. After today, I think I would rather see Hillary Clinton as President than Tommy Bowden as the head coach at Clemson University.

You have managed to recruit championship quality players, but you lack the ability to lead them to a championship. This was our year. ACC Championship. BCS Bowl. Pre-season #9. Maybe they meant ACC #9. After today's game, you didn't hesitate to fault the players for poor execution and untimely mistakes. At some point in time, you need to focus blame on your beloved coaching staff and yourself. Don't blast your players in the media, blast your coaching staff.

Let's see, why don't we take the opening drive and run the ball down their throats. Then we'll get to 3rd and 2 and THROW THE BALL out of the end zone. Makes perfect sense. Then why don't we go completely away from what works in the second half altogether. Hell, we probably shouldn't get our running backs tired.

The Maryland coaching staff used a new strategy today that I'm sure caught everyone by surprise. They made ADJUSTMENTS. Believe it or not, adjustments can be made during the game! Go figure!

Watching Cullen Harper, it is obvious that his shoulder is troubling him and this is certainly not a criticism of the quarterback. Coach, if your quarterback has an injury that prevents him from throwing the ball downfield, wouldn't it make sense to try someone else?

You said after the Alabama game, in reference to Jamie Harper, that you were " a salesman." Well, you sold Clemson University a sack of crap and now you have a contract extension and a huge buyout. Touche' Mr. Bowden.

You have overstayed your welcome at Clemson University and it is time for you to move on. Take your buyout and move along. Everyone says that you are a fine Christian man and, for that, I am grateful. However, Billy Graham is a fine Christian man but that doesn't mean he can coach either. Maybe the ministry is where you should be because you've certainly shown Clemson fans what Hell is like.

Leave. Leave now. I'm sure we could find an interim coach. For that matter, Coach Purnell could step in. He knows how to get the most out of his players. It can't be any worse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, hit the nail on the head

Sep 27, 2008, 6:28 PM

I am about the same vintage as you - dead on = point

I'm to tired to read it

Sep 27, 2008, 11:59 AM

I gave you a point anyway. Looks like a good effort.

Hahah, I love the honesty. I was too lazy to read it as well***

Sep 27, 2008, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Deserves?

Sep 27, 2008, 10:22 PM

I don't mean to be a jerk, but deserves? Clemson deserves better? I'm sure the other 60+ BCS schools would argue the same thing when they struggle. Since you refer to Hillary, I assume you're a conservative as well. The word 'deserve' is too overused by way too many.

However, point for the basic message...time for a change at the top!

Message was edited by: ClemsonBama®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter to Tommy Bowden

Sign it and ill pay for a stamp and envelope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm down with OPP***

Sep 27, 2008, 10:26 PM

If we can't get rid of him, at least at the end of this year, it is time to turn the heat up on him the AD and the President. It is their fault that he is still here and has the buyout that he has. It is time that he began feeling the heat as well as his boss.

Sep 27, 2008, 10:41 PM

Well written - Bowden must go - he does not know how to win - he totally cofused.

Sep 27, 2008, 10:49 PM

AND WANT HAVE IT IN 20 MORE YEARS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 579
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic