Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Allen Wallace on Clemson's recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,185

Allen Wallace on Clemson's recruiting

May 16, 2008, 7:12 AM

http://www.charleston.net/blogs/tiger_tracks/2008/may/15/allen_wallace/

On whether he was surprised Loston, who lives in Texas and has been offered by almost everyone, chose Clemson:

"I'm not really surprised, because I?ve been to Clemson before. It was a trip I took (in 1988) for the Puntrooskie game against Florida State that taught me about Clemson. First and foremost, recruiting is about relationships. But it's also about kids finding that spot where they just fit in. When you go to Clemson, you realize this is the kind of place that?s going to appeal to a special type of kid. Somebody that does not want a large-city type of environment, somewhere where football is a giant deal. I always likened Clemson to that "Field of Dreams" movie where there's one road in and one road out...

"Clemson is in the catbird's seat for a kid who wants to go into an environment that's very singular and unique. You don?t find it in that many places. I?d never been to a campus that was quite like that. And it was impressive to me.

"It wouldn?t surprise me if anyone in the United States goes to a place like that. Because he gets there and he's like, 'Oh my God. This place is amazing to me.'

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Allen Wallace on Clemson's recruiting

May 16, 2008, 7:23 AM

The last line: "This place is amazing to me." I get that same feeling every single time I set foot on campus.

Re: Allen Wallace on Clemson's recruiting

May 16, 2008, 7:27 AM

I thought his Field of Dreams analogy was cool too.
Quite an endorsement from a bigtime recruiting guru.

some one needs to post the article on the Usuck site but,

May 16, 2008, 7:40 AM

they still would'nt get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took my best friend to Clemson one summer because he

May 16, 2008, 9:06 AM

had never been there. I didn't think he'd be that impressed because we arrived in the evening and nobody was around on campus and classes were out.

As soon as we got out of the car he stated "Now THIS is what I always pictured a College Campus to be like!"

He said he didn't want to leave.

Suprisingly, he wasn't as impressed with Southern Wesleyan's (my school) campus.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Yet another difference between Clemson and UCS...

May 16, 2008, 9:17 AM

Clemson = "Field of Dreams"

UCS = "The Longest Yard"

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can certainly relate....

May 16, 2008, 9:55 AM

There was no question in my mind where I wanted to spend my college years within minutes of setting foot on campus. It was February of my Jr. year in high school and I was sold. 14 hours from "home" notwithstanding--I knew I'd found my new home.

I still consider that to be where I'm "from" even though I moved away after grad school and have lived in 5 states in the 7 years since and grew up far, far away...

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,185
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic