Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport....

Jan 21, 2008, 3:24 PM

If I would have been OP saturday night I would have called a T.O. after duke little faggg flopped on that 3.

I would have told my guys, look we are going to surrender a few points to duke right here....

Cliff, when they get the ball across 1/2 court start counting. When he gets to 3 I want every player to fall on the ground and look to the refs....

I will fall over here as well....

then when the game were over I would admit to my "classless" act. It would give me the opportunity that to expose the same old same old officiating that happens every year in Durham...

I would say...

I am sorry for doing this with my players but I felt this was the only way that we could properly expose the ridiculous officiating that continues here year after year...

BTW ESPN, we know we suck at free throws. Why do you think the refs called a close game....tight, if you will? you think they are going to let us play here?

also we know that we have lost 22 in a row or how many ever it is....We have had some bad teams in that stretch and Duke has had some great ones, but one thing has been consistent over that period... officiating....

we hope this will shed some light on the situation...

See this is why I could never coach... I would be like Bobby knight in a lot of ways with the media, but not with the choking and such....lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport....

Jan 21, 2008, 3:26 PM

and you couldn't pull off the orange blazer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Broadcast Talent. Show Host. PxP and Color Guy. Believer. As seen/heard on @nflnetwork @espn @foxsports @cbssports @1055theroar

Re: THIS is why I couldn't be an AD

Jan 21, 2008, 3:39 PM

Because I'd definitely fire you for pulling such a useless, classless act.

Most politicaly correct "weiner" ADs would also fire him.

Jan 21, 2008, 4:03 PM

The shame is that there aren't that many that have the guts to take up for what's right. Submissiveness does
not equate to class.

Barnes tried but we made him go kiss Dean's ###.***

Jan 21, 2008, 5:02 PM

Signed, Mark Richt. Who still has a job, btw.***

Jan 21, 2008, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't be an AD ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Jan 21, 2008, 3:40 PM

I don't understand why so many people consider flopping against the rules or in some way a classless act. It's a widely taught technique at most levels of basketball coaching. Duke had multiple flops that weren't called charges last night, yet people on here still whine about flops.

Turnovers cost us the game. Flops are part of the game. Good teams are coached to attract fouls, there's no reason Clemson cannot master this part of the game as well.

Its not classless

Jan 21, 2008, 3:43 PM

It is rewarded... which is the problem.

The foul called on TO on the 3 point shot was laughably bad. The flop should've been met with a ref approaching the player on the ground and saying "do it again and I'll give you a Technical"

But thats not how its done, and whats worse its not called evenly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the agonized, "I think I've had another career ending

Jan 21, 2008, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport.... ]

injury" look on the faces of the Duke floppers that makes it sickening.

UNC is pretty good at that look also.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2008, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport.... ]

none of that is classless or against the rules...

not at all..

Id tell my players to do it as well, but unless your duke it doesnt matter...

its not the fact that they flop but that the refs call it..

FLOPS ARENT PART OF THE GAME!!! seriously there not

Jan 21, 2008, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport.... ]

the only ppl who teach that to kids is coaches like coach k. coaches tell the players to step up and take the charge not go and fall down before they hit you in case they decide to pull up instead of drive. and they tell you to follow through on your shots and not shoot and fall down to try to get the foul call. flops arent part of the game

If you aren't fouled, but try to trick the ref into thinking

Jan 21, 2008, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport.... ]

you were fouled, I don't consider that "part of the game". If a ref sees you do that, you should be T-ed. It is, in my opinion, certainly not in the spirit of the game. It is a blatant attempt to deceive, and should be discouraged by coaches and refs.

Same goes for the flop in soccer, which is one of the most embarrassing things in all of sports (and I like soccer).

null

Re: If you aren't fouled, but try to trick the ref into thinking

Jan 21, 2008, 4:14 PM

Punter flops can get pretty ridiculous too . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Don't get me started on punters....***

Jan 21, 2008, 6:57 PM [ in reply to If you aren't fouled, but try to trick the ref into thinking ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Turnovers and F-T shooting did cost Clemson the game...

Jan 21, 2008, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: THIS is why I couldn't coach any sport.... ]

I can't see how anyone could think that and most dook/unc acc games called fairly...If the Tigers get in a close game with st. or wake they'll get cheated....YES CHEATED.....I've been watching Tiger B-Ball since the Tree Rollins days the refs were cheats back then and have never stoped......

Let me say this, B-Ball is a hard game to ref and all teams get bad calls...How is it the the refs let Paulus dribble down the court with 1 hand and puh off with the other....Every game..Any time a player guards him close..Is it something that can be seen only from the TV ? Did they change the rules ?

If Clemson tried to play Defense on dook the way dook plays them..Theyed foul out 7 or 8 players....

As for floping as much as dook does it, I kinda = it to the 4 corners.....It's a chicken s##t way to play.

Re: Bobby Knight looks like a lamb compared to me

Jan 21, 2008, 3:48 PM

sometimes. I wish some of those smart a---- reporters would get off his back. The man is driven to win. I never held anything against Woody Hayes when he lost it.

The mental image I got of all five flopping and Purnell

Jan 21, 2008, 4:50 PM

falling out on the bench is too much. We would probably get 6 technicals.

Re: The mental image I got of all five flopping and Purnell

Jan 21, 2008, 5:56 PM

it would be rather funny though..

;)

Have them do the "gator" along with it.

Jan 21, 2008, 6:11 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic