Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10 things Bowden didn't do this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,342

10 things Bowden didn't do this year

Nov 25, 2007, 5:38 PM

10. Lose to Stanford who had compiled a Pac-10 worst 1-11 season in 2006. Southern Cal was favored by 40 points over Stanford, making the game the largest point-spread upset in college football history.
But Pete Carroll did

9. Steal 4 million from your University while going 6-6 ?what?s that, 2 mill for every six wins and 2 mill for every 6 losses? (losing your last 4), losing to your Rival Auburn and losing, at home, to Louisiana-Monroe.
Thanks Nick Saban

8. Lose by 3 touchdowns to Tennessee and lose, at home, to a 6-6 South Carolina team
but Mark Richt did

7. Go 5-7 with the south Florida talent pool to choose from and make all your fans, former players and anyone else connected to Miami football long for all those great Orange bowl memories
But Mike Shannon of Miami did

6. Lose to your rival by 33, lose to Clemson for the fourth time in 5 years while having the usual arrests during the year and go a pedestrian 7-5 with 4 and 5 star recruits at every position
But Bobby Bowden did

5. Lose 3 of 4 games in the middle of the season even though you have a Heisman candidate at QB and 4 and 5 star recruits at every position (except RB ;))
But Urban Meyer did

4. Go 4-4 in conference, 7-5 overall and embarrass your university by having an insider?s newsletter for a fee
But Dennis Franchione did

3. Go 7-5 with the lone signature win against Clemson (sorry Notre Dame doesn?t count) and lose to your Rival for the 6th consecutive year
But Chan Gailey did

2. Your university has a national recruiting presence and you lose 9 of your first ten games (you are making at least 2 million a year). Your 3 wins are against teams that have 6 wins (UCLA), 3 wins (Stanford) and 1 win (Duke).
But Charlie Weis did

1. Lose your last 5 games making Heisman campaigns stronger for everyone you play, especially Tim Tebow at Florida (5 touchdowns) and Darren McFadden at Arkansas (a gazillion yards). Your record against your hated rival Clemson and ?Tammy? now stands at 1-2.
But Steve Spurrier did

We layed an egg against Tech and lost to two 10 win teams--look around a little bit--it isn't always greener on the other side

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get to the ACC Championship game***

Nov 25, 2007, 5:40 PM

Of the 8 coaches listed in the original post, none of them

Nov 25, 2007, 5:44 PM

made it to their conference's respective championship game either.

juss sayin

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 coaches listed who are in a conference w/ a championship***

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet, those gridiron gods laid an egg this year******

Nov 25, 2007, 5:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Yeah, but 6 of them have won national and/or conference...

Nov 25, 2007, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Of the 8 coaches listed in the original post, none of them ]

championships since Bowden has been here. I get the point of the post and it's a good one. But, at some point, we need to get over the hump.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump, please pin this post at the top for a while.

Nov 25, 2007, 5:41 PM

There are a lot of folks who need these reminders.

Here, here......***

Absolute BEST post of the day - I salute you!!!!***

humans are not defined by what they aren't***

That's why laws tell you what you cannot do vs. what to do***

Nov 25, 2007, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know, i just felt like quoting something, but i do agree

Nov 25, 2007, 5:48 PM

with this posts point

"a gazillion yards"...makes me chuckle...

Nov 25, 2007, 5:49 PM

Great post!

My Reply........

Nov 25, 2007, 5:51 PM

10. With a win over UCLA, they will win the Pac-10, and go to a BCS Bowl. Carroll has national titles as well.

9. No comment. I hate Nick Saban too. I can't wait until he leaves for more money, again.

8. UGA is going to a BCS at-large bowl. Richt also has 2 SEC titles.

7. My only comment is that at least he's cleaning up the canes.

6. Bobby has National Titles, numerous conference titles, and a dozen or so Top 10 teams. Do that, and TB will get more room at Clemson.

5. Urban Meyer won the National Title last year. And I hate him.

4. I got nothing.

3. While GT sucks this year, they call scoreboard on us. It sucks living in Atlanta.

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Notre Dame in the toilet brings me great joy.

1. Chicken Curse strikes again.

I agree with some of the stuff you said, but throwing coaches with numerous conference, and national titles under the bus because they got upset in a game or two is junk.

He was NOT throwing great coaches under the bus,***

Nov 25, 2007, 6:00 PM

he was simply pointing out that Tommy

Nov 25, 2007, 6:04 PM [ in reply to My Reply........ ]

should not be thrown under the bus when he loses a game or two each season (even the ones he shouldn't).

Those coaches you refer to have either been at their respective position for a very long time buidling a great program, took over an already stout program with much greater base and recruiting than CU, or both.

No perfect coach exists to come in and do a lot better here at Clemson. We are getting there, slower than most would prefer (me too), but we are getting there.

Thank you and

Nov 25, 2007, 5:53 PM

we better hope he stays and TDP and the Prez are behind him 125%. There are rumors he is leaving if offered another job; that he is still going to be fired; yada, yada,yada...

After what this team went thru a week ago and kept poised the last minute of a tensed ballgame last night and won like they did...a lot of teams would have folded, they know they have a coach that believes in them and they responsed!!!

On to victory number 10...thanks Tigers, you gave me a great Christmas present!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't get us to Jacksonville to play in the ACCCG

Nov 25, 2007, 5:57 PM

He needs to win out, IMHO, to get a little something in return.

Do ya'll realize the payout for a BCS Bowl vs a non-BCS Bowl??

after expenses, it's shared with the conference.***

Nov 25, 2007, 6:11 PM

Have us placed on probation! ****

Nov 25, 2007, 6:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

I scream, you scream, the ncaa screams about ice cream.***

Nov 25, 2007, 6:04 PM

Wow. Nice reality post.***

Nov 25, 2007, 6:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10 things

Nov 25, 2007, 6:02 PM

well said my friend, well said

Re: 10 things Bowden didn't do this year

Nov 25, 2007, 6:05 PM

10. Lose to a very average team that we should have easily beat in GT... but Tommy Bowden did.

9. Then lost to a VT team in a way thats so bad, I thought our special teams players were all sick... but Tommy Bowden did.

8. Get beat by a BC team that you should have beaten in probably the biggest game in 16 years at Clemson... but Tommy Bowden did.

7. Go 9-3 with your best wins against average teams like FSU, NC State, Wake and USC.... Tommy Bowden did.

6. Give up repeated special teams blunders that should have been fixed for over two years that cost you major points... Tommy Bowden did.

5. Have talented running backs that dont have a clue what running North/ South and never correct it... Tommy Bowden does.

4. Let recievers run out of bounds over and over again rather than make the fight for the extra yards... Tommy Bowden does.

3. Have goal line chances that appear no brainers and then try and get cute and leave points all over the table and have your own players wondering... Tommy Bowden does.

2. Have a team with tons of talent and still, after 9 years and golden chances, being 1 game shy for 3 years for making the ACCCG... Tommy Bowden does.

1. You now have tons of talent, great facilities, great fans but still cant get it done and running out of excuses... Tommy Bowden has.

Have LESS than 85% of the football team graduate***

Nov 25, 2007, 6:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic