Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
20 Reasons to be pumped for '07
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

20 Reasons to be pumped for '07

Jan 2, 2007, 10:24 PM

1. CJ Spiller - The kid had better highlights than Reggie Bush did his first year.
2. Willy Korn - It could be a rough start and he could be overrated. No one knows yet, but we'll find out.
3. Ricky Sapp - Little dropoff with Adams if Sapp bulks up. Another freak of an athlete.
4. James Davis - On top of being a great player, he wants to win badly.
5. Tramaine Billie, Nick Watkins, and Antonio Clay - All seasoned athletes with great talent and leadership abilities. Looks like a great LB corp.
6. Crezon Butler - Really impressive year as a true frosh CB. Could very well be the best corner on the roster next season.
7. Jacoby Ford - Fast as lightening and better hands than everyone expected.
8. Rendrick Taylor - Needs to stay healthy. Better WR than everyone expected. Great blocker downfield.
9. Barry Richardson - Could be a top 15 pick if he focuses in the offseason.
10. All the DT's coming back - They ended the year on a sour note but with improved tackling but all will be better their Jr years and should provide great leadership.
11. Aaron Kelly - He can't be happy with his play. If he bulked up then he really could be a great WR.
12. The O-line - Everyone's said that the guys we've redshirted the past two years are more talented than the seniors we had this year. We'll find out.
13. The 2007 recruiting class - Gilchrist, McDaniel, Dye, and Walker all should play next season along with Korn. Add Gronkowski to that list if he signs.
14. Depth - We had it this year but should be even deeper next year.
15. The entire defense - We're only losing 2 starters. Sapp, although probably more talented than Adams, will have a tough time matching Adams' production. Butler should be a step up from D.Coleman at CB. Everyone else returns and Billie comes back for a much needed jolt to the LB corp.
16. A young but extremely talented offense - Have we ever had two 5-star athletes on the field at the same time? I don't think so. Korn and Spiller could be those two. Add Ford as another young threat. Davis will rush for another 1,000 easily and provide geat leadership. If Barry comes back then I don't think we'll see much of a dropoff, if any, on the O-line.
17. Wake, FSU, BC all come to Death Valley for big games.
18. New offensive wrinkles - Expect a humiliated Spence to work double time in the offseason.
19. Motivation - I think this team will have added motivation given the way we ended this season.
20. Revenge - Let's put USuC back in their place, shall we?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't get here soon enough***

Jan 2, 2007, 10:25 PM

Like giving grandma the keys to the Porsche

Jan 2, 2007, 10:28 PM

as long as Bowden is at the helm.

LMAO!!!***

Jan 2, 2007, 10:32 PM

That's encouraging..........

Jan 2, 2007, 10:36 PM

but 3 things why we should be nervous about '07

BRAND NEW QB (whether it's korn or someone else)
NEW Oline w/ the exception of barry (that may hinder james' and CJ's production
play calling (If tommy put his little spin into the offense ala trickeration and some misdirection w/ our speed and some downfield throwing WITH OUR FAST PLAYERS) the one wheel route we run ALL year is to jacoby against USC and you see what happened

The thing I see about having an inexperienced O-Line....

Jan 2, 2007, 10:42 PM

CJ Spiller and James Davis will make them look alot better than they really are at the beginning of the year and get them some confidence as people start to talk them up. Confidence will be a big key for the oline next season. As JD and CJ start to get big yards they will start to grow and get better.

Add VT to #17 too***

Jan 2, 2007, 10:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#21 A KICKER - JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jan 2, 2007, 10:44 PM

More posts like this PLEASE????!!!***

Jan 2, 2007, 10:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

good post, but

Jan 2, 2007, 10:51 PM

Here's my question:

Is Spence or Bowden for that matter really humiliated? Will they really work harder and develop improved schemes? Their post-bowl comments didn't reflect that and I think their attitudes are my biggest concerns.

We've got the talent and play the big games at home, but we've got to get the ball to our play makers to win. It seems simple, but clearly it’s not for our coaches.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic