Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For my dad that has passed on.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

For my dad that has passed on.

Jun 18, 2006, 12:36 PM

The trips to Clemson ball games were always fun, even if I did have to ride in the 3rd seat of a station wagon that faced backwards sometimes. Thank you for sharing your love for Clemson with me. Thank you for your sacrifices so that I could go to Clemson. Every time the Tigers play ball it reminds me of your smile. Happy Fathers Day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I second that ... My dad's been gone 14 years and

Jun 18, 2006, 12:47 PM

among the many great memories of him are our trips to Death Valley from the time I was 5 until I was 20.

And, one of the things I still miss most is how we would always talk immediately after some great ballgame. If he didn't call me, I'd call him.

The last one for us was the Duke-Kentucky game in March 1992 when Laettner hit that turnaround shot.

Thanks for bringing back those memories for me, too.

Oh, and thanks dad, for choosing to be a Tiger and making me one, too.

RB ~

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a tiger

Jun 18, 2006, 1:12 PM

Mine passed on 20 years ago...a Clemson graduate, got me into all this stuff, the last time he went to the stadium was I think 1978 at his 50th...thats right his 50th class reunion. I wont ever forget that, the class was recognized at the stadium, which was very considerate and touching. I came from a long line of tigers, proud of it, and miss him so much at times it really does hurt.

I am a Tiger because of my Dad....

Jun 18, 2006, 1:21 PM

He enrolled me into Clemson when I was having a difficult time deciding which school to attend. He paid my tuition,busted my chops when needed and was my biggest fan. He died 6 yrs. ago and I miss him and his influence in my life. I feel that he watches (and naps) every CU game in a lazy boy somewhere. I hope the Tigers make him smile tonight on his special day. Thanks for all the memories.

I called my Dad Friday nite at 11:09 to aske him if he was

Jun 18, 2006, 2:13 PM

watching the UNC game. For years, I wouldn't call him after 9:00 at nite. Now , I call him every time I want to. You fellas can call me anytime to talk anout Clemson. And, I mean that.

Yeah , I lost my dad 5 years ago Christmas. I miss him!

Jun 18, 2006, 3:13 PM

He was a Clemson man all the way! Thanks DAD!

My Dad's been gone 13 years and he was Class of '51.

Jun 18, 2006, 4:05 PM

I am indescribably blessed. And most of these blessings in some way or another are rooted in my Clemson experience.

Thanks, Dad. You are always close by.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic