Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this is Germans but its worth saying again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 604

I know this is Germans but its worth saying again

Jul 29, 2004, 11:45 AM

THINK BEFORE YOU POST ON THIS BOARD!!!

From the front page article:

DS: How has the Internet changed recruiting? For instance, the way rumors can spread now, do you find yourself monitoring chat rooms and discussion boards to make sure nothing bad is being circulated about the team or one of your recruits?

As a coach, just as I am sure most every other college in the country and we had it at Pittsburgh, we monitor the internet as much as we can just to be sure what is out there. That doesn’t mean we sit at computers all day and read message boards. Our graduate assistants kind of monitor the internet for us. Every once and a while we got a few coaches that just go on and check when they hear things from graduate assistants. You need to know what is out there because we don’t own those sites and we don’t have anything to do with those sites.

But when a young man goes on those sites and reads what is on there he thinks a lot of it comes from us because it is a Clemson website. They think immediately it is tied to our athletic department and our football program and unfortunately that is not always the case. So you need to know what is out there a little bit. The other thing is people need to understand we are an age where people use computers and you are kidding yourself if you don’t believe these top recruits are not going on those boards to read what the fans are saying them and your program. Again, you need to know what is out there because you are going to hear about it from the kids you are recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proper Title for these kind of post should be.....

Jul 29, 2004, 12:36 PM

From the Desk of the Mayor

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic