Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is Clemson Football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

This is Clemson Football...

Jul 20, 2004, 12:56 AM

Waking up at 6:00 am to a cool October morning, pulling on your orange sweater, your Tiger Paw hat, loading the car with tailgating food and chairs and grills...hitting road at 7 for the two hour trip to God's Country...getting close to campus now and you see the Tiger Paws on the road...your body gets numb with excitement and you know this is going to be a great day!

Finding a parking spot, setting up the grill, firing it up, hearing the steaks sizzle while you partake in your favorite beverage...seeing nothing but people clad in orange...some you know, most you dont, but who cares? Today they are ALL family. And you know that today is going to be a great day.

You start to smell the food cooking not only on your own grill, but from others...sitting in the sun, looking at the beautiful scenery around you...the leaves are starting to turn colors now and that makes this the best place in the world to just sit and take it all in...the excitement is starting to build...the electricity is already in the air and you havent even started towards The Valley yet, but you know that today is going to be a great day.

Little kids playing football in the feilds near where your tailgate is...hoping to be the next Charlie Whitehurst or Arise Currie or Dustin Frye...the sounds of the people around you...the brisk Autumn air and knowing that you are in the finest place in the world at this moment makes your heart swell with pride...you take your last bite from your steak or chicken and you decide to start heading for the Valley. As you come up over the hill, you see Littlejohn to your right and then you see that huge Tiger Paw and the hair stands up on your neck...you pause to gaze up at it and you know its going to be a great day.

The people around you are excited and you can tell...they are all in Orange and all walking towards that entrance...81,000 of them. You finally make it to your seats (GREAT seats, BTW) and you hear the Tiger Band...they are on the field and they are definitely Rocking the Southland today...you get goosebumps and you know today is going to be a great day.

The crowd, all 81,000 are on their feet....the National Anthem, the Alma Mater...The Tiger Rag. The Team has assembled at the top of the hill and the crowd is at a fever pitch...the team is goin crazy...chomping at the bit to run down that hill...the band, the crowd, the cannon goes off...the crowd gets louder if that is possible and the Tigers come charging down that hill...you know that today is going to be a great day!

If you have never experienced this, then this fall, get in your car, go to Clemson's Death Valley and do this for yourself...but dont take the experience lightly because once you do have that experience, you will not stay away from the Valley when football is being played there...you cant. It's a force that starts eating at you in early Summer with the "I cant WAIT for football season" statements that you make about 6 times per day...and when you got there and when you get that experiece of the tailgating and the food and the people in Orange and the Tiger Paw and the crowd and the Band and the team running down that hill, you will KNOW that that is a GREAT day!

LuvDemTigers

"This is the most embarassed I have been in my career." - Lou Holtz after he got ##### SLAPPED 63-17 on November 22, 2003 by our beloved TIGERS!!

63-17 - THE LATEST ##### SLAP!

61-36-4 - The series of ##### SLAPPINGS!
GO TIGERS!!! BOWL BOUND!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post...46 more days!***

Jul 20, 2004, 1:02 AM

Awesome! I also include in my return trips to God's country

Jul 20, 2004, 7:58 AM

a drive to campus coming down 123 from Seneca and splitting off onto 93 past the YMCA. It's usually around 8 or 9pm on Friday night, the sun is setting or has just set so the sky has the purple/burnt orange tint to it, the stadium is in the background. The last few boaters are heading home from a day on Lake Hartwell and I know I'm only a few short minutes away from my first "Gentleman and a Lady" (Jack and Ginger). Shortly followed by my first "slap in the face" for being an old perverted alum telling dirty jokes to cute coeds. Good Times.

You ol' sly dog........

Jul 20, 2004, 8:00 AM

;)

That post made me tear up. God I miss Clemson some way

Jul 20, 2004, 8:33 AM

some how some way I'm moving back there one day. Plain and simple

Re: This is Clemson Football...

Jul 20, 2004, 8:54 AM

Do any kids toss the ball around and wish they played OL??

Very Nice for your first post!****

Jul 20, 2004, 10:43 AM

I showed this post to a Carolina Friend and he replied....

Jul 20, 2004, 11:09 AM

"When 2001 plays and that old dried up ####### leads a group of ragtag under achieving afro-sporting future inmates on to Williams Brice Stadium field, the smoke clears and Georgia has beaten USC 38-3, then you will know, THIS is Carolina football" - Crashfreze over AIM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic