Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can choose to believe 1 of 2 things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

You can choose to believe 1 of 2 things

Sep 11, 2016, 6:55 PM

1. You can choose to believe that somehow, Clemson has forgotten how to play offense. The incredible athletes that punished Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Florida St. and pushed Alabama to the limit are no longer that athletic and will continue to be so. That our quarterback, who came into the season as a Heisman favorite, is really just over rated, and will continue to be mediocre. That our 5* WR's who have proven the ability to dominate 1 on 1 match-ups, are really not that good and will continue to be not that good.

2. Or....you can choose to believe that we've gotten off to a slow start, but that all the talent and coaching is still in place, and Clemson will get it kicked into gear sooner rater than later.

I know I'm happily in the second camp. I feel bad for those in the first camp.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can choose to believe 1 of 2 things

Sep 11, 2016, 6:58 PM

^^^^^ POD IMHO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that was likely the last team that had most of the

Sep 11, 2016, 6:58 PM

offseason to prepare for us so there's that.

Re: Well that was likely the last team that had most of the

Sep 11, 2016, 7:10 PM

Yes, and we actually had no big worries about them, they were just suppose to be a warm up game that was overlooked when they had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing to lose!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am going to give them 2 more weeks

Sep 11, 2016, 7:02 PM

Next week needs to be a blowout, and then they better take care of GT in a convincing way. If not I am in camp 1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU'RE "going to give THEM two more

Sep 11, 2016, 7:24 PM

weeks and the they BETTER . . ." or what?

GTFO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: YOU'RE "going to give THEM two more

Sep 11, 2016, 8:42 PM

You need to calm your butt down, I didn't all caps anything only ignorant people or angry people do that and I am neither. Also no one is telling someone to GTFO or using other foul language. Check it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am going to give them 2 more weeks

Sep 11, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to I am going to give them 2 more weeks ]

Please call Dabo and let him know this...I'm sure it will help him focus more and get dialed in! ????

this isn't about Dabo it's an answer to the op's kwestion***

Sep 12, 2016, 9:00 AM

man the TD's are coming hard, who are these people?***

Sep 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

So far, a little reminiscent of FSU's

Sep 11, 2016, 7:08 PM

season after their natty. Won ugly all year until the semi's

Re: So far, a little reminiscent of FSU's

Sep 11, 2016, 10:24 PM

I sure hope that isn't us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just keep WINNING! Go Tigers!!***

Sep 11, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to So far, a little reminiscent of FSU's ]

+1; Told my son the same thing Saturday! Good news is they

Sep 12, 2016, 9:33 AM [ in reply to So far, a little reminiscent of FSU's ]

still went undefeated until the playoffs, bad news is they got curb stomped in the 1st round!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 7:12 PM

TU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why just those 2 things?

Sep 11, 2016, 7:12 PM

I could be that this team only has maybe 8 seniors and is struggling with leadership. or maybe there's a rift on the team that we don't know about. maybe they just saw that the coaches didn't respect troy like they said they did because they had nearly the whole 2nd team defense out there early in the 1st qtr. whatever it is, hopefully they pull out of it. I really felt like this was our best chance in decades to pull it off.

Camp 3 - believes in Team Talent ...

Sep 11, 2016, 7:14 PM

And also believes this tremendously talented team has coasted, made poor decisions, read too many press clippings and lacked maturity, leadership & focus over the 1st two games. This team cannot beat Louisville and FSU but believes it can by flipping the switch and playing better anytime based on the efforts of the 2015 team. This team needs to grow up, and its fans should not applaud a close win over Troy State - a team rolled by Ga Southern last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I love this

Sep 11, 2016, 8:49 PM

team and the coaches, but they are human and at some point many of them may have just started to believe all of the press coverage.......maybe not even consciously. I hope the first two games will get them more focused!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 7:14 PM

I'm going to give them 1 more game to make a decision.
I think the talent is there but if they struggle vs SCST
we in trouble.
I think a lot has to do with the Oline and just maybe our very simple O is figured out.

Sep 11, 2016, 7:19 PM

Great post.

I'm surprised we haven't already seen a little bit of option #3 rear it's head.

#3 We lost Shaq Lawson, Mac, Goodson, Kearse, Green, Dodd, etc... and now we're just "not that talented". Look for this option to rear it's head if we start losing games. Never mind those guys all play defense. All kind of crazy excuses we made up during the TB years to explain away his inadequacies.

Right now we don't have good team chemistry. Could be effort, lack of focus, coaching, etc....one thing it's not is lack of talent. It's mental, not physical.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe our OL needs to play better

Sep 11, 2016, 7:21 PM

and then it will all be better. I know they can do it - and expect them to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a 3rd possibility.

Sep 11, 2016, 7:31 PM

3. You can have a reasonable concern given how we've played. Optimism and comfort comes from the fact that we do have elite talent and coaching. Reasonable concern comes from the fact that we have played poorly so poorly at times in spite of the talent and coaching, and if we don't get a quick and lasting fix, we will lose games we all expect to win. Hopeful, still confident, but concerned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Who said we had "elite coaching"?

Sep 11, 2016, 9:59 PM

Sure, DC is elite no doubt, but our makeshift double OC? Don't even get me started on Caldwell.

3. we are good but not wanting to show anything to UL or FSU

Sep 11, 2016, 7:33 PM

Patience grasshoppers. Expect frustration again next week, unless SC State is so bad that we roll with one arm tied behind our back.

We'll do enough to get by GT, what we show will depend on how it goes. But you'll see the real Clemson Tigers against UL and FSU, our only two real games between us and the College Football Playoffs.

It's frustrating to the fans and awkward for the players, but keep your eye on the real prize.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^this is likely the case

Sep 11, 2016, 7:37 PM

Also, I suspect we devoted practice time last week to GT and will give even more time this week. No way we're waiting for a short week with a travel day, no less, to get ready for dem bees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3. we are good but not wanting to show anything to UL or FSU

Sep 11, 2016, 11:40 PM [ in reply to 3. we are good but not wanting to show anything to UL or FSU ]

Can I have some of what you're smoking... Cause that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Re: 3. we are good but not wanting to show anything to UL or FSU

Sep 11, 2016, 11:51 PM

We are going to open the flood gate for LV and then go underground again and hold our cards again until FSU. haha! Good one!

Sep 11, 2016, 7:39 PM

Well our offense has been figured out and our 2 OC'S better make adjustments or we will be in trouble. Our oline is the other problem. Receiver drops will improve.

So Alabama couldn't figure out of offense

Sep 11, 2016, 7:46 PM

but Troy was able to....yea, that makes sense.

Oh NO! Our offense has been "figured out"

Sep 11, 2016, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: You can choose to believe 1 of 2 things ]

Riiiiight. What they've figured out is they're outmanned and can't do anything about it. Stay tuned. Things about to get real in hotlanta.

teams figured out that crap offense Ga Tech runs decades ago

Sep 11, 2016, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You can choose to believe 1 of 2 things ]

but it's still a pain in th @$$ to try and stop. Our offense isn't any different than the majority of the offenses out there. Our problem is we're not making the plays. O-line isn't blocking, receivers are dropping passes that normally they catch, DW is missing throws he usually makes. That's our problem. We make the plays and our talent blows these defenses off the field ,just like last year.

Good post! All In!***

Sep 11, 2016, 7:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Year Material!

Sep 11, 2016, 8:21 PM

nm

Or... 3. They're good enough, but simply don't want it more than the guy in front of them.

Sep 11, 2016, 8:29 PM

The highest paying trait in the NFL.

Re: Or... 3. They're good enough, but simply don't want it more than the guy in front of them.

Sep 11, 2016, 8:48 PM

uh...ok.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

absolute troof, dey.***

Sep 11, 2016, 9:11 PM

GoTiguhs!!

I believe most of the 2nd, and many others....

Sep 11, 2016, 9:40 PM

- The offense has been very vanilla, very predictable by design. No reason to show any cards yet.

- Coaches are still working them hard, getting ready for a long season.

- Alabama and Auburn found the closest thing to a blueprint to slowing us down (stop the run game).

- Every team will empty the tank on us. Get used to it. We'll be everyone's superbowl from now on.

We were slow out of the gates last yer, then things started to come together nicely after 2 games. I expect things will get better in the coming weeks.

3. Somebody found our playbook...

Sep 11, 2016, 9:44 PM

It seems auburn and Troy knew exactly what we were going to do...and looked as if both had twenty players on the field.

Sep 11, 2016, 10:01 PM

I wish it were that simple.

Clap, clap, clap! Well said Drew.***

Sep 11, 2016, 10:42 PM

Sep 11, 2016, 10:50 PM

I'm in the second camp. But seriously these 2 games have me and others incredibly frustrated. If something doesn't change soon, we can expect to lose to Louisville, maybe GT, and definitely FSU. If it were not for the defense, Clemson would be 0-2 right now.

Sep 11, 2016, 11:19 PM

Or 3. Our team has been reading too many headlines and listening to too many stories about how good they are.

Sep 11, 2016, 11:23 PM

We're holding our cards until GATech and LV? Really? That is a good one.

Sep 11, 2016, 11:39 PM

I'm going to give them 10 more games! Go Tigers!

Timing couldn't be better. Great thoughtful

Sep 11, 2016, 11:45 PM

post and helps snap back a little perspective. I, along with quite a few, have been a "tad" negative as of late and appreciate a measured positive message. Point for you sir.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic