Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OUR coach Tommy Bowden...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

OUR coach Tommy Bowden...

Nov 10, 2005, 10:21 PM

ok, lets put aside wins and losses, and fake field goals, salaries, and the such for a minute....

Tonite, like most Thursday nites, I attended TIGER Calls, to hear TB answer questions and see him sign a few autographs....but tonite was different.

The place was packed....it just happened to be a school nite at Chick-fil-a and it was crawling with kids. The School who was represented I won't mention, but alot of these kids don't come from well to do families, most of them have never been to Clemson, much less a ball game...to be honest most of them will probably never leave Oconee County...but they came out in full force tonite.

And the line for TB wrapped around the building. TB signed all their autographs during commercials, talked with each one, smiled for every picture, and then when the show was over, and the Radio people had left, the line was still backed up....and TB stayed and did the same for all.

Coaching aside, TB is a great person, and I for one and glad to call him family, part of the Clemson Family...Thanks Coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

Nice post.....wish people saw that side of Bowden more***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OUR coach Tommy Bowden...

Nov 10, 2005, 10:26 PM

he is a fine man,I kinda feel bad every sat. when I say all that bad stuff bout him,forgive me coach,I love ya no matter what.---------please win these last two please

Do not forget the fact that he is building a wonderful

Nov 10, 2005, 10:28 PM

program with nothing but class acts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OUR coach Tommy Bowden...

Nov 10, 2005, 10:36 PM

He does this EVERY week. I took my boys several weeks ago. He starts signing autographs and posing for pictures as soon as Munson starts reading spots, through the ads and right up until Munson is through with his first question after break. Sure enough, when we reached the front of the line my digital camera was not working right. CTB told me to come back when it was working. Later, after I figured it out, I approached him again. He asked if it was working and patiently posed for a 2nd time. Even after I took the picture, he asked if I wanted another to be sure. There is no way I could ever be as patient and as sincerely nice as he was. Some call him cocky, but I just think that he comes across that way sometimes with his "dry" humor. I do not think I have ever met a nicer more humble man who works very hard during his public appearances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great man....mediocre coach***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:40 PM

Working with mediocre talent***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:43 PM

Had SEVEN years to change that***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:50 PM

Without the facilities to compete in recruiting

Nov 10, 2005, 10:55 PM

Look, you have every right to bash if you want. But how about starting a new thread instead of trashing the one that was only intended to share a "good Bowden" story with everyone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said great man....what else do you want me to say?***

Nov 10, 2005, 11:01 PM

What did your mom always say?...........

Nov 10, 2005, 11:21 PM

"If you don't have anything good to say..."

"If you keep touching that, you will go blind."***

Nov 11, 2005, 7:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

And, you coach where???***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Great man....mediocre coach*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's that 'thumbs down" when you need it?***

Nov 11, 2005, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Great man....mediocre coach*** ]

Thanks, good post.***

Nov 10, 2005, 10:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Then let's hire him as ambassador for the school...

Nov 11, 2005, 12:56 AM

for $1 million plus, however, he had better win some football games. You Tommy-huggers never cease to amaze me with your grasping-at-straws justifications for TB. I know a lot of "great Christian men" who aren't getting paid millions to lose football games.

are you illiterate or just plain dumb?

Nov 11, 2005, 1:13 AM

"Coaching aside, TB is a great person, "...

Those fist two words just reavealed you were posting on this thread looking for a fight. He wasn't talking about coaching. He wasn't saying he shoudl or shouldn't be the coach. He just said he was glad he was part of the Clemson family...

Also, where'd you get out of this post the word christian? Just food for thought... seems like you were the one grasping at straws!

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

I think he's in the "just plain dumb" category***

Nov 11, 2005, 9:02 AM

I'll disregard the personal attack and answer your query...

Nov 11, 2005, 10:18 AM

on the merits.* I understand fully the point the post was trying to make, but I thought my reply made the following point: you can't "put aside" the fact that TB is paid to win football games. That's like saying, "you know, putting aside deploying the military, running an administration, appointing supreme court justices and setting foreign policy, George W. is a heck of a nice guy...heck, I even saw him sign some autographs for some kids the other day." He's the freakin' President! If he's a nice guy, great...but don't tell me you can just "put aside" everything else.

On a different note, ponder this: would Tommy be such a "nice guy" if he were kickin' tail and takin' names like he's paid to do? Winning takes a lot of the pressure off to impress fans in other ways.

*term used loosely

Why leave Oconee County? It's a wonderful place.***

Nov 11, 2005, 1:10 AM

Cause there's charleston county!

Nov 11, 2005, 1:14 AM

Raise up Chucktown!

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

I'd take him over Spurrier anyday.***

Nov 11, 2005, 8:34 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic