Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You Brownlee lovers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

You Brownlee lovers

Dec 22, 2015, 9:04 AM

are starting to remind me of the #### lovers that would do anything for the old ball sack.

The big difference being....at least the old ball sack took their football program to heights never seen before in that cesspool.

It took superior until year 6 to really make a big jump, but he did take over a really bad team in the beginning.

Here we are in year 6 of the Brownlee experiment and we aren't even going to sniff the tourney, but he took over a team with 3 straight NCAA tourney bids and 6 straight postseason bids overall.

Go ahead and tell me about admin money and fan support and I'll point out that 3 of the 4 coaches before Brownell had success, and that fan support is no worse than before...

Go ahead and flame me and tell me I'm a horrible fan and not a true Clemson man for expecting more out of our coach than we've gotten...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

#c0ckfansforbrownlee***

Dec 22, 2015, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: #c0ckfansforbrownlee***

Dec 22, 2015, 9:09 AM

They love brownlee, they know as long as he's here they can at lest beat us in 1 sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: You Brownlee lovers***

Dec 22, 2015, 9:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I would only point out that the coaches who had success quit

Dec 22, 2015, 9:12 AM

And this ... as much as anything ... is the problem with the Clemson job.

It's a stepping stone job.

Good coaches quit on us and move on.

For whatever reason ... they just don't stay.

Why do they leave? They leave because of (insert your reason here) but the fact remains that they always leave.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would only point out that the coaches who had success quit

Dec 22, 2015, 9:14 AM

I agree and I hate that.

To change that I'll agree that we'll likely need more financial support for the bball program.

But these people saying you can't succeed at Clemson because of XYZ are just flat out wrong and misguided.

You are....

Dec 22, 2015, 9:16 AM

pretty much right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until we get a coach that makes a difference.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:25 AM

Tiger fans will not flock to basketball games. All the transfers are a sign. Rats leave a sinking ship. Coots pull blindly because its all they have. Its time tiger basketball Start's taking a little pride in themselves. They don't seem to know games they have to win.
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to say it, but I knew the coot Frank Martin hire was

Dec 22, 2015, 9:29 AM

a good one for them. While it took him a couple of years, things are really looking positively for them in the coming years. We do not have as favorable of an outlook.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to say it, but I knew the coot Frank Martin hire was

Dec 22, 2015, 1:21 PM

That is BC they put more support and money behind their program.

Clemson can succeed at basketball... But it needs consistent success. It has no foundation. Brownell is getting better players to cone to Clemson. He will have 1 to 2 years max to show what new facilities can do for his way of recruiting.

The best thing fans can do is support the program and be knowledgeable .

Many of you Fire Brownlee Zealots and Tigernet pundits were the same jackwagons screaming that we should lower the academic standards BC it hurt us in football. That Barker' s Top 20 goal hurt football.
Where you at now?
The world is not flat is it?
Did Dabo believe that? Nope.

So yes Clemson can achieve and build success in basketball. But I bet that it will take more for Clemson to do that, than it did uscjr & Spurrier to supposedly make Uscjr to be semi-relevant in football.

But I know one thing... Most of you jackwagons will not be satisfied until you pull others down with you.

Coach BB is Coach and leader of the Tigers. I have no say in the hiring or firing, so Clemson has my support. I believe in letting those in the know make the decisions on where to go.

You couldn't have said it better... I jumped off the

Dec 22, 2015, 9:27 AM

Brownell train after last year. I was so disappointed that we followed a really good NIT run with last season's Jeckyll and Hyde inconsistency.

I'm done with Clemson BBall until we get a new coach and start a new era in Littlejohn.

Re: You couldn't have said it better... I jumped off the

Dec 22, 2015, 9:28 AM

I don't agree with being done with basketball until we get a new coach.

I will forever and always support our Tiger programs, especially the players. Regardless of my feelings about the coach/coaching staff.

I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience

Dec 22, 2015, 9:31 AM

I know it sounds bad, but I would rather allocate my free time elsewhere. I spent too many games in Littlejohn watching us lose early season OOC games, making a decent run in ACC play in mid season, then crumbling late.

That is how this season will play out.

Re: I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience

Dec 22, 2015, 9:32 AM

that does seem to be a recurring theme under brownell.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:38 AM

> that does seem to be a recurring theme under brownell.

You are the type of fan who would have fired Beamer at VT before he could have turned around the program. CBB is everything you want in a coach except he has not turned the corner. We can fire him and bring in a quick fix coach who will be gone in a few years and we will be in the same shape or we can be patient for a couple of years giving CBB a chance to recruit with a decent facility.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:39 AM

Can you provide any semblance of proof that he is what you think he is?

Also, care to elaborate on this statement? "CBB is everything you want in a coach"

What exactly is everything you want in a coach?

^^^^ exactly. How can you explain that statement.***

Dec 22, 2015, 9:42 AM

High character , graduates players, Good students

Dec 22, 2015, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience ]

Good kids, win games. Gives me free tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: High character , graduates players, Good students

Dec 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

I had a feeling it would read off like the adjectives for a white WR.

I was thinking long snapper. ...but dabo works too

Dec 22, 2015, 10:06 AM

However no one has given me free tickets so they all fail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Excuses I've seen on here...

Dec 22, 2015, 10:23 AM

1) OP left Brownell a dumpster fire
2) It's OP's fault because he couldn't keep it in his pants
3) Jennings and Booker
4) Just want till _____ gets here next season
5) Our facilities are crap
6) What better X and O coach can we hire that's better?
7) Transfers? No worries. All D1 schools have high transfer rates
8) We're a football school
9) It's our fans fault for not wanting to pay to see a 50 point slugfest with UGA
10) The ACC is alot tougher than when Ellis, Barnes and OP coached in it
And when all else fails...
11) Coot!
Did I miss any?

If you are saying that Anon's a coot,

Dec 22, 2015, 10:29 AM

then I have to wholeheartedly agree with you.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

6 years is not long enough?

Dec 22, 2015, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience ]

How long are we supposed to wait to make the NCAAs again? 8, 10, 20 years?

Brownell has made 1 trip to the NCAAs in his 5 years here and it was with Oliver's players. It has been a downward trajectory ever since.

Lets not forget that Brownell only got us to the round of 64, no better no worse than where Oliver took us in the NCAAs.

Re: 6 years is not long enough?

Dec 22, 2015, 9:49 AM

but but but OP left the cupboard bare.....

and

When brownell gets his guys....

or

Once facilities are upgraded....

The list of excuses continues to get longer and longer.

You want to see a "bare" cupboard

Dec 22, 2015, 9:51 AM

Wait to see what Gregg Marshall is left with, when he takes over for Brownell.

Re: You want to see a "bare" cupboard

Dec 22, 2015, 10:41 AM

Youre an idiot. Our recruiting has improved the past two years.

null

Improved so much that

Dec 22, 2015, 11:18 AM

Clemson is 7-4. The Tigers' seven wins have come against North Carolina Central, Texas San Antonio, Texas Southern, Rutgers, USC-Upstate, Wofford, and Presbyterian. Clemson's four losses have been to UMASS, Minnesota, Alabama and South Carolina.

North Carolina Central is 3-7. Texas San Antonio is 2-10. Texas Southern is 1-9. Rutgers is 4-7. USC-Upstate is 3-10. Wofford is 3-7. Presbyterian is 5-6. The record of the teams Clemson has defeated this year is 21-56.

North Carolina Central's RPI is 336. Texas San Antonio is 345. Texas Southern is 324. Rutgers is 228. USC-Upstate is 306. Wofford is 248. Presbyterian is 349.

Clemson's best win is over a Rutgers team that is 4-7 and has an RPI of 228.

The Tigers lost to UMASS, who is 6-4 and ranked 179 in the RPI. The loss to Minnesota hurt at the Gophers are 6-5 and ranked 183.

Clemson's RPI is 262. The Tigers are behind Grambling, North Dakota, Eastern Washington, South Carolina State and The Citadel in the RPI.

The only Power Conference school lower than Clemson in the current RPI is Boston College.

Re: Improved so much that

Dec 22, 2015, 11:19 AM

d#mn I didn't know you were Mackey....

Shhhhhhhhhhh***

Dec 22, 2015, 11:22 AM

You can't compare football and basketball. Takes much

Dec 22, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience ]

longer to turn around a football program -- you're talking 85 scholarship players vs 13 schollies for basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

How many years does he get to turn the corner?

Dec 23, 2015, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I just can't watch this season... I don't have the patience ]

Eight? Nine? Fifteen?

hes finally getting an updated LJ...id say give

Dec 22, 2015, 9:28 AM

him one more year then reevaluate.

If Clemson cared about bball the admin would have built a new venue rather than put more lipstick on that pig. Funny how the budget got cut the same time as the new football building was unveiled. Welfare money for bball and Taj Mahal money for football.

You get what you pay for.

I dont understand this logic- Have you ever been in Cameron

Dec 22, 2015, 9:55 AM

It is the size of my garage, the bathrooms have pipes running down the walls, the seats are crammed in together

Cameron Indoor hasn't won the first championship. Littlejohn wont win a championship.

A coach who can recruit and coach wins championships.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cameron is the exception and not the rule. Recruits are

Dec 22, 2015, 10:34 AM

able to overlook the crappy facilities because of Coach K and Duke's storied history.

For the most part, 17-18 year old recruits are attracted to state-of-the-art training, meeting, and practice facilities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understood but I would add

Dec 22, 2015, 11:10 AM

Syracuse did pretty well in Manley Field House, UNC in Carmichael and NCState in Reynolds of both which were nothing more than glorious gyms. Manley was actually an indoor track facility that the basketball team used.

My point- spend what you want on a building but unless you spend it on a coach, all you are going to end up with is higher ticket prices and even less fans

Brad's career win record is 62%- He wins 6 , he loses 4 ( i checked the math )

It isn't going to get any better regardless of the building

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruits, for the most part, want to go to a school

Dec 22, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Cameron is the exception and not the rule. Recruits are ]

where they can play and where they can win big.

What makes them think they can play? That comes from inside of them; it's self-confidence.

What makes them think they can win big? A storied tradition, or a recent history of winning big is probably the most important factor. Unfortunately we don't have that at Clemson, so we have to find other ways to attract recruits. That would include the following: A coach that makes recruits believe they can win big, state of the art facilities, and the overall impression that the school is committed to winning BIG in basketball, and that big things are going to happen. This is where we are at Clemson. In the absence of a storied tradition of a recent, significant trend upward, we MUST convince these good recruits that things are turning around, and that they can indeed win BIG at Clemson; that we will be in the NCAA and we will be competing for the ACC Championship against UNC and Dook; that we are serious about and fully committed to changing the basketball culture at Clemson. We convince them of all of that with a coach that makes them believe it can and will happen, and by having state of the art facilities that reflect such an all-in commitment from the university.

Then, and only then will we ever rise above eternal mediocrity in basketball, and there is no reason it can't be done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Brilliant post! I agree 100%.***

Dec 22, 2015, 2:59 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Have you ever been to

Dec 22, 2015, 11:53 AM [ in reply to I dont understand this logic- Have you ever been in Cameron ]

The Michael W. Krzyzewski Center?

Players spend only a small portion of their time in the competition arena.

They spend time in the practice facility. It runs circles around what we used to have, and that's where our renovations should improve things.

Here is Duke's.

http://coachk.com/duke-basketball/center-for-athletic-excellence/

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Have you ever been to

Dec 22, 2015, 1:02 PM

That's what I've thought for a long time. LJ didn't need a total redo, just some substantial upgrades. What was critically needed is a state of the art practice and activity facility for the players along the lines of what will be included in the football facilites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: You Brownlee lovers

Dec 22, 2015, 9:52 AM

I honestly can't grasp why it's necessary to butcher someone's name. Disliking him/her as a coach is one thing, but no person deserves to have their name denigrated.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make a good point

Dec 22, 2015, 9:57 AM

Slaty55

Re: You make a good point

Dec 22, 2015, 9:59 AM

I'm sure Dabo Sweeney gets all twisted when someone misspells his name.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: You Brownlee lovers ]

do you mean literally or figuratively?

Dec 22, 2015, 9:53 AM

Coach B is def not going to turn things around this year, next year or ever.
I have been saying this for 3 years and until he's gone Clemson Basketball has no chance.

Sooo....

Dec 22, 2015, 10:05 AM

You think he should only get a couple more years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Sooo....

Dec 22, 2015, 10:28 AM

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response....

Oh wait....

Re: Sooo....

Dec 22, 2015, 10:50 AM

Every time someone calls out something and is correct he's a coot. Brownell is the Tommy Bowden of basketball. He's should be gone and we can do better. He's a great x's and o's coach.
Tired of hearing that. Why can't he win then. In the end he should be fired and we can find a better coach. Wins and loses should be a big part of the measuring stick and he has failed. Those supporting Brownell probably wish Bowden was still the football coach. Can't win the big one but wins just enough to keep you hoping until next season or until the new arena is complete. Anon... your spot on and SmilingTiger I love Clemson more than a coach.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:17 AM

photo gMVFGY4_zps3vpqfly7.gif

Well, I am a Brownlee fan.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:24 AM

At least I've always liked him, and believed he was a good coach that should have a fair chance to build something here.

Having said that, I'm an even bigger CLEMSON fan. While I still hope he turns it around in a big way, we're into year six of his tenure and I see ZERO progress. NONE. In fact, in my opinion, we're worse now than when he took over. Even if you don't think we are worse off, nobody can make the argument that we are better. The record is what it is, and the results are not there.

If we finish mid-pack or worse in the ACC again, and again fail to make the dance, or even the NIT, then we could cut Brownlee loose and nobody could say with a sane mind or a straight face that he didn't get a fair chance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, I am a Brownlee fan.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:27 AM

I'm sure he's a great guy and a great coach in his own right but....

let's call a spade a spade, instead of making excuses for him.

If he is underperforming, how good of a guy he is

Dec 22, 2015, 10:53 AM

should not enter into it. No excuses.

- H. L. Mencken

Dec 22, 2015, 10:42 AM

He will be our HC next year regardless.

I dont understand what constantly berating and beating the #### out of a dead horse really solves.

null

Dec 22, 2015, 10:46 AM

speaking of dead horses....

Aren't your responses one in the same?

Dec 22, 2015, 11:10 AM

Link to me spamming the baord with the same non sense like you guys do...

TIA.

My "dead horse" responses wouldnt exist without your dead horse topics.

null

Dec 22, 2015, 11:17 AM

Link to my "non sense"??

You openly choose to respond to these "dead horse" topics instead of ignoring them.

Thereby, beating a "dead horse"

Your responses don't have to exist....

Not sure what's so hard to understand about that....

Dec 22, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: You Brownlee lovers ]

Are you related to him by chance? You seem to get pretty upset when people start talking about expectations for bball. I guess we should all grin and bear it b/c you seem to like losing. Well sorry. Can't do it.

Clemtiger1117 that is.***

Dec 22, 2015, 11:07 AM

Dec 22, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: You Brownlee lovers ]

False...

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

I have said NUMEROUS times on here I am not happy with the current state of our Basketball program. I however can see what a contract looks like and realize that he will be here next year regardless.

I also can look at our recruiting objectively and see that it has improved over the past several seasons.

Brownell has two years to right the ship so far this year isnt going great. If next year is also bad he will be fired plain and simple.

null

If you spelled his name correctly

Dec 22, 2015, 11:56 AM

more people might really like to hear what you say and take it seriously.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 22, 2015, 1:06 PM

Youre one of those bandwagon fans that only likes a Clemson team when they are winning. To be more factual, to want to see Clemson win in every bball game is not equal to a "Brownell lover". You post like a jackarse coot fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 1:48 PM

"Youre one of those bandwagon fans that only likes a Clemson team when they are winning."

Prove it....oh yeah you can't because you're wrong and talking out of your a$$, fencepolesitter.

"To be more factual, to want to see Clemson win in every bball game is not equal to a "Brownell lover"."

Thank you captain obvious....I want to see Clemson win every game(the reason for this thread) and I'm not a Brownell lover so not sure what ill devised point you were trying to make with that statement, but you failed miserably.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:48 PM

LOL you give me all the proof I need jack ###. Coach Brownell is the coach of our basketball team whether you like it or not. Misspelling his name on purpose is an idiotic attitude towards our coach. I dont really give a #### if you like it or not. Youre anonymous, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 1:59 PM

Spewing more BS I see.

Where's this proof that I've given?

You are good at talking out of your A$$ and not being able to back it up in the least.

Dec 22, 2015, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You Brownlee lovers ]

And trust me, loser, I dont fail in life or making points. Youre a pathetic excuse of a Clemson fan. Cant make a point without being a smart ###. THAT is the posting like a coot, Ill stick by that point.

Dec 22, 2015, 2:02 PM

LOL, You failed miserably at that attempt to make a point. That's the FACT of the matter.

So yes you do fail in life and at making points.

Another swing and miss by fencepolesitter.

I'm glad somejuan finally noticed that Anon's a coot.

Dec 22, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: You Brownlee lovers ]

I'm going to go back over his 9800+ poasts for more clues.

HOW DID WE MISS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: I'm glad somejuan finally noticed that Anon's a coot.

Dec 22, 2015, 5:08 PM

We didnt miss it. There are others, but Im saving my blood pressure from just putting them on ignore. There are just insignificant.

Re: I'm glad somejuan finally noticed that Anon's a coot.

Dec 22, 2015, 5:12 PM

Still running that c0cksucker I see... without backing any of it up....

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic