Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the

Dec 30, 2013, 8:27 AM

offense is knocking out 5-15 yeards per play...please do not get cute and change things if favor of a trick play.

Thanking you in advance, I remain

Concerned,

The Mole

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can take the OC out of high school,

Dec 30, 2013, 8:30 AM

but you can't take high school out of the OC.

amirite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Hates Clemson...***

Dec 30, 2013, 8:32 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the

Dec 30, 2013, 8:30 AM

would i have run that play, no, but every one of you goobers complaining would have hailed it as genius had it worked. and most of you were all atwitter when chad was hired and he said when we cross midfield we are taking a shot. cant have it both ways boys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you can, you can cross midfield and take a

Dec 30, 2013, 8:32 AM

shot with your QB who hadn't missed a pass yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Exactly right.***

Dec 30, 2013, 9:40 AM

Dec 30, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the ]

As soon as Sammy pulled the ball up to throw it I started yelling at the TV... It was a horrible call and totally unnecessary. Even if it had worked I would have felt like it was a bad call.

Would have loved for it to work, but

Dec 30, 2013, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the ]

like many others on here are saying, it was completely unnecessary at the time. We were driving on them and they couldn't stop us. Why kill all that momentum by getting cutesy?

Re: Would have loved for it to work, but

Dec 30, 2013, 9:24 AM

wasn't a terrible play because SC was playing Sammy very tight, but it was poorly executed.

I have no problem with that play being called....

Dec 30, 2013, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Would have loved for it to work, but ]

and it would have resulted in a score had the ball been thrown with a little less air under it.

There was nothing wrong with the call. The problem was in the execution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

A lot of posters on here NEVER consider execution as

Dec 30, 2013, 11:22 AM

part of the problem, just the coaches. LOL at one poster the other day saying that during the OB practices that the coaches need to coach the players to protect the ball. DUH!!!!! If only the coaches had thought of that first.

horsefeathers

Dec 30, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Chad Morris: If on the first drive at the OB the ]

It was an ill-timed play, not in the flow of the game. Our coaches tightened up in this game, did not go with the flow, and the OBC schooled them on sticking with a fundamental plan and going with what worked. Hopefully, our coaches got better from this. They're still young at this, we'll see.

Dec 30, 2013, 8:38 AM

Also, if HotRod is chunking 6-8 yds per play DO NOT stop running it!

I disagree, I think the play call was good and

Dec 30, 2013, 10:05 AM

it obviously worked cause Adam was wide open, Morris can't control where Sammy throws the ball. If he hadn't floated the pass it would have been a TD

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Tell 'em coot!***

Dec 30, 2013, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yea!!!

Dec 30, 2013, 10:15 AM

I got 'em coach

actually morris can control it just like spurrier

Dec 30, 2013, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I disagree, I think the play call was good and ]

controlled ellington on a similar play call.

there is one thing sammy can not do in that situation and it was the one thing he did.

turning it over is not an option.

players make plays, coaches make players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think some turnovers can be accredited to

Dec 30, 2013, 10:15 AM

the other team just making an athletic play, Boyd getting stripped by Quarles(?). I'm sure they ran that play in practice a good bit to feel comfortable with it so they called it. Did you get mad last year when we ran that play and Sammy through a TD to Andre?

Is it also the coaches fault when they call a good play but the QB makes a bad read and throws a pick or it bounces off the receiver's hands for a pick?

Or Bryant decides to superman in front of Adam? Lol

i was disappointed in the play call and the result.

Dec 30, 2013, 10:33 AM

i give credit where credit is due[to the defense] & take aim when i think it's necessary. 15-3 & 6-0 in turnovers is pandemic.

the first 15 plays or so are scripted from what i've read of morris. we took the ball in order to take the crowd out & set the tone. we drove it down the field, took the crowd out only to unnecessarily bring them back in & set a horrible tone for the rest of the game.

sammy can not turn it over there. period. it's a horrible play only outdone by a terrible situational call. running the play in practice apparently didn't avoid sammy double clutching then throwing a can of corn where the backside safety help had enough time to make the play look as if he was the intended target.

it doesn't make it ok cause sammy didn't throw a punt pick against another team in a different situation and under different circumstances.

i don't know how they practiced it. the last time i remember them running it, sammy through a terrible pass with not enough air. he was coached to put air under it, seems obvious. i wonder if the safety in practice was ever told the play was coming? i've had coaches that would have done that to see if sammy pulls it down as he should.

who knows, but i do know i'd rather have our record setting qb making throws and our all american wr making catches. that's what they do best.

I see your points and agree with some.

Dec 30, 2013, 10:38 AM

I agree it was scripted out in advance but I still like the call. 6 turnovers is to #### high but I give Tajh a pass on the last two picks because if we hadn't turned over 3 out of the first 4 then we wouldn't have been in a situation where Boyd would've felt pressured to fit the ball into a bad spot. Oh well Monday morning quarterbacks ;)

Agree to disagree

agreed...

Dec 30, 2013, 10:46 AM

you'd never be my OC.

;)

Don't worry,

Dec 7, 2023, 6:56 PM

you ain't got the money ;)

you're probably right

Dec 30, 2013, 10:49 AM

if you get paid by the turnover.

Oh ####,

Dec 30, 2013, 10:50 AM

I got nothing lol

^^^Fight***

Dec 30, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I see your points and agree with some. ]

null

he needs a good cut man.***

Dec 30, 2013, 10:49 AM

Or pivot man...either works...***

Dec 30, 2013, 11:21 AM

bob's not gonna like this.***

Dec 30, 2013, 11:28 AM

A lot of baptist in this thread smh***

Dec 30, 2013, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That what drew you in?***

Dec 30, 2013, 11:47 AM

See, we know how to keep it civil when we disagree,

Dec 30, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to ^^^Fight*** ]

unlike some on here.

Also tell 'em coot

Good job of not swinging your pocketbook.....***

Dec 30, 2013, 10:51 AM

null

if there's dirt to be pecked, you know lbu can't be far.***

Dec 30, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to See, we know how to keep it civil when we disagree, ]

You misspelled "chick fight"

Dec 30, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to ^^^Fight*** ]

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Watch out,

Dec 30, 2013, 10:52 AM

I heer dsp keeps bricks in his purse

Along with his feminine hygiene products***

Dec 30, 2013, 11:21 AM

haha

Dec 30, 2013, 1:56 PM

bich.

Right again...

Dec 30, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I see your points and agree with some. ]

The 2 int's weren't all that big of a deal, and I can barely remember them. What's seared into my memory are the two muffed punts.

I still thought we had a shot before the first INT

Dec 30, 2013, 11:49 AM

We needed a big play, but there was still time and we still had all 3 time outs. Granted, we would have had to figure a way to stop Shaw from killing us on the next drive, but the last one hurt.

Can see that with the first INT

Dec 30, 2013, 11:59 AM

But, like you said, a lot still needed to happen for Clemson to take back the lead.

^^^ Yep ^^^

Dec 30, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to I disagree, I think the play call was good and ]

What you say is true, even though I'm not sure the playcall was necessary. I think Clemson was heading for a score either way without the turnover, but that was a good playcall that was screwed up by bad execution. Maybe you can argue that plays like that have a higher risk of poor execution because your WR is throwing the ball, but Humprhies was very open when the ball was thrown.

Sammy hasn't shown much of an arm

Dec 30, 2013, 11:50 AM

He's thrown the ball a few times, and it usually isn't pretty.

True, but Adam was so wipe open it didn't need to be pretty.

Dec 30, 2013, 11:52 AM

Just as long as it wasn't floated combined with curving back slightly towards the middle of the field

Hasn't he missed a few wide open receivers in the past

Dec 30, 2013, 12:03 PM

I think I remember them running the play twice in the same game. I think he missed a wide open WR the first time and hit him the second time. Or did I just imagine that?

Possible, I honestly can only remember the one where he hit

Dec 30, 2013, 12:07 PM

Andre last year for a TD against FSU? I know we've tried it other times though

I know my opinion doesn't matter

Dec 30, 2013, 11:55 AM

but far too often as fans we judge the result and not the play call.

Even if it had resulted in a touchdown I don't think it was a good play call. You guys were driving on us at will, why take a risk on having a wr throw? Save that for when you need it.

But credit to Brison Williams for staying alert. It is so easy as a safety to bite and give up the deep responsibility, especially for an explosive playmaker like Watkins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Oh definitely, he made a great play for y'all,

Dec 30, 2013, 11:56 AM

no question about that.

And DO NOT RUN THE WILDCAT. I cannot stand watching

Dec 30, 2013, 2:40 PM

teams that are moving the ball run the QB off the field so that a running back and take a direct snap and run the ball up the middle for no gain. I have no idea why teams routinely decide to do that nonsense.

Re: And DO NOT RUN THE WILDCAT. I cannot stand watching

Dec 31, 2013, 11:55 AM

While I agree with you, sadly I've seen the Wildcat work against us repeatedly...the 09 UVA game comes to mind when they stayed in the Wildcat an entire drive and scored..usuck ran it that year against us effectively too...just seems like it never works when we do it.

Dec 30, 2013, 2:42 PM

I agree and if we are beating them at a single phase of offense don't stop using it until they stop US!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic