Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden's bitterness towards Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Bowden's bitterness towards Clemson

Dec 26, 2013, 9:43 PM

is annoying. He was on Sirius xm this afternoon breaking down ACC bowl games. He closed out talking about the 2012 Orange Bowl by saying we lost to his alma mater.hello you spent more than twice as long at Clemson, not to mention your kids graduated from Clemson, and the millions you made there.He seems to be quick to relish in the failures we've had since he left. He is unable to deal with the facts like he never won more than 9 games or even a division championship. He did some good things for Clemson but he was given more time to win than most and was treated fairly.He looks bitter vs Clemson now...sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like..

Dec 26, 2013, 9:51 PM

he thinks he should be getting more credit for our current success. And, maybe he's right. But he is quick to point out that the luxuries Dabo has at his disposal are a product of Tommy's tenure. He's bitter, no doubt. Probably hard to not be, from his position.

Yep, bless his heart, pity the poor soul. .***

Dec 26, 2013, 9:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like..

Dec 26, 2013, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Seems like.. ]

I've been sort of waiting on the "dark side" of Bowden's departure from Clemson to surface....but, considering the amount of face time he gets on tv these days, I haven't seen it in a truly festering reminiscence. I've heard the odd comment here and there, but nothing that I'd consider really "bitter". He didn't dwell on the WVa debacle immediately after it happened and, judging strictly from I've seen, he's not been pointed and mean-spirited.

And I think you make some really good points about why he shouldn't be terribly resentful---lots of money, the free education his kids got, I hope he made some friends while he was here---he certainly beat the chickens with great regularity--one game in particular will forever ring
in Clemson fans' minds.

Maybe, since he's gotten his last check from Clemson, he can afford to be more critical....:~)

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like..

Dec 26, 2013, 10:16 PM

76 you got to remember that the goobers on this board analyze every word spoken and if all the I's are not dotted just to their liking then they swoop in and tear ever who it is down to below their level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was advising WVU on how to beat us before the OB while we

Dec 27, 2013, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems like.. ]

were still paying him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

His attitude was always his biggest problem.***

Dec 26, 2013, 9:54 PM

That is because he is a proud, arrogant man.

Dec 26, 2013, 9:59 PM

At the very least, he comes across that way publicly. If he's a kind, humble man in reality, then he has done a horrible job conveying it to the rest of us.

As for his attitude toward Clemson, he should be appreciative that we gave him so long to turn the corner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Bowden's bitterness towards Clemson***

Dec 26, 2013, 10:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give it a rest...

Dec 26, 2013, 10:11 PM

He picked Clemson almost every game this season. The guy just had a second nephew killed in a car accident today. Find a new target. Move on...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess Bowden and Lou

Dec 26, 2013, 10:15 PM

have at least one thing in common.

What does picking Clemson to beat Wake Forest have to do

Dec 27, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Give it a rest... ]

with anything. He just is quick to jump on anything negative that has happened to Clemson since he left. \

And BTW I'll be sure to scour the internet for any family news before posting. I knew nothing of his nephew and am sorry for their loss.

Re: Bowden's bitterness towards Clemson

Dec 26, 2013, 10:15 PM

Agree with Oki.

Dec 26, 2013, 10:52 PM

At some point you have to give him credit for what he did a Clemson..and not just beating the coots or winning other games. He was instrumental in new facilities and boy, did we need them.

Tommy deserves a lot of credit for our current success.

Dec 26, 2013, 11:35 PM

Do you remember where we were before he came to town?

Dec 26, 2013, 11:38 PM

Most people are bitter at employers that fire them regardless of how justified the firing was. I'm glad we fire him. By the same token, I don't blame him for being bitter about it.

The bitterness is mutual.

Dec 27, 2013, 12:08 AM

So glad that guy doesn't walk the sidelines anymore as the Tiger Head Coach. Never understood the love for that guy...

Re: The bitterness is mutual.

Dec 27, 2013, 12:30 AM

never understood coach love/worship in general

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As time passes, whatever bitterness some may perceive

Dec 27, 2013, 6:22 AM

between Clemson fans and Coach Bowden will evaporate, and he'll be largely remembered for his accomplishments, which IMO outweighed his failures.

Frankly, I was among the crowd early on that felt Clemson had to move on beyond him, but I've held no rancor toward him. That's because sometimes all types of organizations have to seek new leadership that can carry agendas to higher levels.

Coach Bowden moved Clemson forward from the Hatfield and West years, then reached a point where we believed new leadership was necessary to reach the next level. That in no way meant that he was unsuccessful...only that Clemson believed he had reached the pinnacle of his capabilities.

Is he bitter? Maybe, but if so, he'll move beyond it eventually, also, because he'll realize that Clemson gave him a wonderful opportunity to move up into the higher levels of coaching, as well as a lengthy time to develop the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just alil' off the beaten path....

Dec 27, 2013, 9:09 AM

really....
in general, the only thing left for Dabo -(BEAT SC!!)

otherwise, I'll take 10-2 every year, 4 the most part.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic