Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roscoe Crosby is alive and well
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Roscoe Crosby is alive and well

Nov 7, 2013, 10:38 AM

Roscoe is the cover story featured in this month's South Carolina Living magazine, a publication of the state's electric cooperatives. Roscoe endured some very tough times, but he's doing some great work helping at-risk youth in his home community of Union County. I hope you'll take time to read up on how he's doing.

http://scliving.coop/sc-life/sc-life-features/the-legend-of-roscoe-crosby:-part-two/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANKS for sharing! Roscoe Crosby is alive and well

Nov 7, 2013, 10:48 AM

What a GREAT article, very inspiring! I esp love the quotes near the end re: working with at-risk youth- says it all:

"Talking sports helps me get their ear. But when they learn my past, I have a way to their heart.”

“These kids are grateful to have someone really listen to them,” he says. “They let me know how much it means, and that’s great. But one day I hope they understand that as much as I’m helping them, they’re helping me even more.”

Re: Roscoe Crosby is alive and well

Nov 7, 2013, 10:49 AM

thanks for posting this. I had heard this was out there but would not have seen it without this so thumbs up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to admit, I was like "Who's Roscoe??" when I saw

Nov 7, 2013, 10:53 AM

that post last night. And then I remembered - oh yea, Roscoe Crosby. I guess time has lessened the spite people had for him back in the day? I can remember after he signed his baseball contract, and he showed up to practice with huge diamond earrings in both ears and with a brand new Escalade. That kind of stuff is never good for teams, and I know he was young, but he was immature and it was probably pretty easy to see the writing was on the wall, that he maybe wouldn't cut it. It boils down to this: one of my grandpa's (the smartest man I'll ever have known) favorite quotes was "a houseboat is neither a good house, nor a good boat." And it relates to him, as well as other things. If you're truly a gifted athlete, pick one sport and do it well. Just like the Bo Jackson 30 for 30 - had he chosen one sport, he would have excelled greatly, but after it was all said and done, his numbers were just mediocre in both, despite being one of the greatest athletes of all time. Okay, rant finished.

I forgot the last part...

Nov 7, 2013, 10:54 AM

I will say though, it is awesome to see that he's found happiness in something and that he's making positive steps to help his community. That is something that is much more lasting than playing professional sports for a few years. I'm extremely happy for him, and for the work he is doing.

Seriously, thanks for sharing! great read!!******

Nov 7, 2013, 10:58 AM

Never understood why many men-- athletes in particular-- are

Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM

infatuated with jewelry. I just don't get it. Probably never will.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing--very inspiring***

Nov 7, 2013, 11:00 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Glad to hear this - I remember how he......

Nov 7, 2013, 11:05 AM

was supposed to be the "Sammy Watkins" of his day - sorry his potential was never realized.

Wow...what a waste of natural talent, but haven't we all, &

Nov 7, 2013, 11:20 AM

the big picture is he's made a commitment to a bigger picture..young people who might make the same mistakes he did..But won't due to his care of & love for them.

GoRoscoe & TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gawd knows

Nov 7, 2013, 11:52 AM

Union County needs the help. Never been the same since they indicted John D. Long.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will always remember Crosby fondly

Nov 8, 2013, 8:17 AM

He had more tragedies than any person should ever have to endure, and it's a shame he never developed into the superstar that he was destined to--whether football or baseball. But he seems satisfied with his life and I'm very happy for him. To me he'll always be part of the Clemson family.

On a side note, that article's lead photo makes him look a *lot* like Donald Faison.

Roscoe Crosby has achieved complete success

Nov 8, 2013, 8:30 AM

and found what he was searching for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roscoe Crosby is alive and well

Nov 8, 2013, 6:10 PM

roscoe Crosby may not now have the financial wealth a pro career might have afforded him,but the man has discovered at a relatively young age that material things don't really fill the voids in your life.good relationships with people are what make you happy.dr. albert Schweitzer once said that the only people who will find happiness are those who have sought and found how to serve.mr.crosby has realized this and is now much wealthier than most professional athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic