Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People who bash Clemson S & C are idiots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

People who bash Clemson S & C are idiots

Feb 8, 2013, 11:44 PM

Dabo won a national championship as a player in 1992 with the mighty Crimson Tide. The knuckleheads still holding on to their glory high school days acting like they know more than Dabo by watching a few minutes of workout clips on youtube are morons.

Dabo knows what it takes to win a national championship. When he says Clemson is at the door step, I believe him.

Either you're with us or you're against us. You're ALL IN or your not.

I'm tired of the doubters. The doubters are losers. Doubt is unacceptable. Doubt is unecessary and has no place around Clemson at this moment in time.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: People who bash Clemson S & C are idiots

Feb 8, 2013, 11:48 PM

and we're still using 1992 S&C methods..

Feb 9, 2013, 12:08 AM

You know this how? Youtube?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re:

Feb 9, 2013, 12:18 AM

What do you know about strength training? I can tell you I know a lot about it and some of these morons you speak about that are voicing their opinions know a lot about it as well. Its fans like you who dare to ever question anything the coaching staffs or administration are the problem. You accept mediocrity and I dont. I love Clemson and Clemson is bigger than any coach, it was here before dabo and will be here after dabo. I support Clemson period. I want clemson to be successful in every area and when I feel my school isnt getting the best I will voice my opinion end of story!!

Re:

Feb 9, 2013, 12:25 AM

Have you played on a national championship team? Eveyone of these idiots compares Clemson S&C to Alabama. Guess what, Dabo played for Alabama not that long ago.

Dabo also coached Alabama not that long ao.

If there are major differences it's not from S&C. It's most likely PEDs.

Re:

Feb 9, 2013, 12:33 AM

What in the world does him playing on bamas 1992 title team having anything to do with it??? That was over 20 years ago man

I was a strength coach in the ACC and SEC for 8 years

Feb 9, 2013, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: ]

and we are not using methods from 1992 you idiot.

Re: I was a strength coach in the ACC and SEC for 8 years

Feb 9, 2013, 12:30 AM

are you talking to me? where the hell did I say we were using methods from 1992...you might want to read it again

Re: I was a strength coach in the ACC and SEC for 8 years

Feb 9, 2013, 9:10 AM

It was hamlettiger who said that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Well there is truth to saying that other teams are using new

Feb 9, 2013, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: People who bash Clemson S & C are idiots ]

methods in S&C. Sure, weights are good and being able to bench and squat a bunch of steel means you have muscles. But there are newer techniques utilizing more man-on-man challenges as opposed to just man versus steel.

Those man-on-man challenges build functional strength, they build camaraderie, and they promote aggressiveness and desire. Our S&C staff has been around longer than most and hasn't really modified their approaches to match today's game and training techniques. We emphasis man versus steel and seem to think raw poundage directly equates to football strength and physicality. That's one critical area where we need change and implement new techniques.

Re: Well there is truth to saying that other teams are using new

Feb 9, 2013, 11:47 AM

EXACTLY!!! Not all of what batson does is wrong but his approach which is more based on power lifting is not relative to the game.I know they do Olympic movements but it isnt the core of the plan as it should be. Its no coincidence that when the coots changed to a moffit style approach that they began to be more competitive on the field same with florida.Hiring Paul Hogan who is working with the offense is going to help. I have heard that batson has been approached by this and supposedly changes are being made so we shall see.

LSU game proved we were the better conditioned team

Feb 9, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: People who bash Clemson S & C are idiots ]

LSU players admitted they were gassed by the 4th quarter ... our teams was not ... THAT, is conditioning ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that is the effect every single time an offense

Feb 10, 2013, 12:42 PM

runs a bunch of plays.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So our offense wasn't well conditioned?***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they're athletes, but there's no evidence

Feb 11, 2013, 5:29 PM

to suggest that they're better conditioned than other schools' athletes. Certainly the fact that the LSU defense was more tired than the Clemson offense isn't evidence.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WITH ME ' without me , WITH ME ' without me , WITH ME '

Feb 9, 2013, 2:00 AM

..... ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't we fire a coach last off season?

Feb 9, 2013, 2:06 AM

What about the one before that?

Dabo is continuously improving our team through change. What makes you think he is done finding ways to improve? How do you suddenly know more than Dabo about what our team needs? You were wrong about Napier. Wrong about Steele. Why not just embrace change instead of resist it?

Really dude?

Feb 9, 2013, 2:59 AM

We finally are done with the recruiting drama. People are happy about beating down LSU. Everything is hunky dory. S&C dorks have shut their mouths since we left LSU crawling on the floor in the GA dome. Then you go and stir the pot. Really dude? Just really. Just want one day with no drama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2013, 3:39 AM

I am not a doubter,but an even an idiot should know that winning a national championship as a player doesn't mean you are going to win one as head coach.
Clemson has had its best results the last few seasons(two ACC championship game appearances,one win,and a 10 win regular season record).
Howver 4 straight losses to the coots,and losses to teams like Ga.Tech ,and N.C.State last year,and FSU this year have delayed the progression to the top.
But even a stirring victory in Atlanta will be outset if you open the season against the Dawgs with a loss.
Thing is coaches like Mark Richt also have some idea of what it takes to get to the top so Dabo will have nothing on him any more than the reverse.
The key to winning the N.C. starts with game one.Win it,and you are on your way.
Lose it and you are finished in the N.C. race unless u are a one loss Bama.
Dabo,for all your morons,has 4 team goals he sets every year for this team,and one of them is not winning ay.the N.C.
He knows that to win ,let alone play for the N.C. a team has to have a lot of things go their way.
So I choose the one game at a time approach.I look at game one then game two.As long as you win the first game your still "ALL IN" the N.C. picture,but even if you don't make the N.C. game,I am still "ALL IN".
And it has nothing to do with doubt.

LSU says "Dang, they were better conditioned than we were"***

Feb 9, 2013, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that doesn't count

Feb 9, 2013, 10:43 AM

because that would go against the idea that Batson is a moron who makes us weaker.

We ran 100 plays on offense so of course their D would be gassed. Please disregard the fact that we also did 100 plays and where still running at the end of the game; it goes against the we are weak message.

Re: But that doesn't count

Feb 9, 2013, 11:32 AM

Chad morris is the answer to us being in better shape and if you dont believe that go back to 2010 and see for yourself. Plus conditioning has nothing to do with being stronger physically...

How do you explain all of our sacks?

Feb 9, 2013, 11:46 AM

A lot of those were bull rushes and pure strength by our D Line.

Re: How do you explain all of our sacks?

Feb 9, 2013, 11:47 AM

Its called marion hobby and dan brooks

We're they coaching all year. Or did Goodman come to play

Feb 9, 2013, 8:06 PM

that day because HE had a great game.

Re: We're they coaching all year. Or did Goodman come to play

Feb 10, 2013, 12:35 PM

Yes they were coaching all year go back watch game 1 then watch the bowl game and then you make your conclusion. Its night and friggin day especially on the dl, heck you watch the SC game to figure that out also

Weren't most of them by one guy?

Feb 9, 2013, 11:51 AM [ in reply to How do you explain all of our sacks? ]

A guy who's been pretty much non-existent on the big stage for his career? Not sure if it was the physical practices or if the dude got a hold of some deer antler before the game, but in any case, the LSU game and having some sacks does not define the 15 years of our S&C program. A consistent lack of LOS presence and getting beat by stronger, more physical teams does however.

Re: Weren't most of them by one guy?

Feb 9, 2013, 11:55 AM

I think if anybody took the orange colored glasses off could reasonably say LSU looked bigger faster and stronger. Now we matched the physical play and took the fight to them yes but their strength and speed was evident.

LOL!! That old Chad is mastering everything. He probably

Feb 9, 2013, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: But that doesn't count ]

doesn't realize all he's doing. Thanks for the info!

Re: LOL!! That old Chad is mastering everything. He probably

Feb 9, 2013, 8:22 PM

If you dont think his offense and his style of play has had an influence on how we condition then you are naieve

The topic is Clemson Strength & CONDITIONING.***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: But that doesn't count ]

It is less tiring to play offense than defense.

Feb 10, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to But that doesn't count ]

This is a widely known fact. You sound like an idiot when you hold that up as proof that our S&C program is adequate.

Run the same number of plays, so how is it that much more

Feb 11, 2013, 11:45 AM

tiring?

The linemen have to block every play, everyone besides the linemen run every play, people on offense get hit most every play supposedly wearing them down.

Please provide evidence for the widely known fact.

Think about it logically.

Feb 11, 2013, 5:38 PM

The offense knows where the ball is going, receivers know their routes, the OL knows the blocking scheme.

OL gets to take some plays off (runs to the opposite sides, passes when there's no one to block). WRs rotate in and out more often than DBs, and while the WR knows where he is going, the defense has to react, which is inherently more tiring. WRs also get an occasional play "off" while on the field, though good ones don't take it. RBs rotate a lot as well, and when they stay in to block on pass plays, they aren't expending a whole lot of energy.

Meanwhile, on every single play, the DL is pushing up field *and* reacting to the ball. The DBs are, again, reacting and having to use more energy. LBs are alternating between reacting in coverage and rushing up field.

Chad Morris' *entire philosophy* is to exacerbate this natural occurrence through quick snaps and limited substitutions (which under current rules don't allow for defensive subs). Pretty mind-blowing that people don't understand it.

Here's some more reading material:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101012_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=38045

We were able to beat LSU because of our physical

Feb 9, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to LSU says "Dang, they were better conditioned than we were"*** ]

preparation. I think it speaks volumes to the need to permanently incorporate a more physical side to our game preparation. And being able to run 100 plays was awesome. It was tied to that preparation, and ultimately it was the reason LSU couldn't stop us at the end.

But let me ask you this.. If Catman would have missed that kick, what would our detractors be saying today?

Answer: Clemson is soft and can't win the big one.

Think about that. The line is that fine.

Florida State did it. South Carolina did it. That is, they were more physical and it mattered. It was the reason we lost to those teams.

We implemented a more physical nature to our bowl preparation, and it was obviously one of the primary reasons we were in position for that Catman kick.

Play in that manner every week, and have the strength to win the LOS and individual battles, then you'd think FSU and USC will go differently. UGA will be a similar physical challenge to start 2013.

Just think what we can do if we can successfully answer those physical challenges for an entire year.

^^^^^^^^WINNER!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Feb 9, 2013, 6:19 PM

Feb 9, 2013, 10:51 AM

I'm glad someone finally brought this issue up.

Love the rah-rah and all that and I'm most definitely ALL-IN

Feb 9, 2013, 11:04 AM

But we need an overhaul in strength and conditioning.

I could provide game-by-game analyses and point out that when we lose it's typically because the other team overpowers us, but I'll boil all that away and ask a simple question instead.

What would you say is the primary reason we lost to South Carolina the last 4 years?

A) Because they have superior players.
B) Because they have superior coaches.
C) Because they have been stronger and more physical on the LOS, and basically at all points of engagement.

I'm 100% ALL-IN. I have always backed Dabo, and I think his hard work has us turning the corner. But we're not there yet. We have some growing and improving to do. We have some areas where we need to improve if we hope to be perennial national title contenders.

One area is physicality. We paid full attention to this area prior to LSU, and it clearly reaped benefits. We need to continue with preparation in this manner if we want to be an elite team. S&C is one of the most critical parts of the game, and it goes hand in hand with that physicality.

Just for instance, if we played Alabama tomorrow, I'm not saying there's zero chance our athleticism couldn't be a enough to compete and win, but more likely their strength and physicality would defeat us at the fundamentals of the game.

And if you answered the question above realistically and with honesty, then that alone should be enough to see we need to improve.

Re: Love the rah-rah and all that and I'm most definitely ALL-IN

Feb 10, 2013, 10:47 PM

I vote definitely for "B" and "C". I think "A" is a toss-up. We appear to be quickly closing the gap on "B". We'll all know more about "C" after the UGA game!

Feb 9, 2013, 11:22 AM

We looked like we should vs. LSU, and against VaTech last year. It's the dozens of other games in which we've been obviously pushed around that have people questioning S&C, and reasonably so.

Whatever changes were made for LSU (and there was obviously a change, at least in mentality if not physicality) are ones I hope we stick with.

People who bash the people who bash Clemson's S&C program

Feb 9, 2013, 1:12 PM

are idiots.

Re: People who bash the people who bash Clemson's S&C program

Feb 9, 2013, 1:31 PM

yep we looked very weak and out of shape in that bowl game. fetch us a beer amanda and let the men folk talk sports.

No***

Feb 9, 2013, 8:04 PM

Feb 9, 2013, 8:11 PM

The conditioning question and so much more will be answering conclusively against UGA. A one-point win in an inconsequential bowl game does very little if sandwiched around two losses in Death Valley to SC and UGA...With Murray back, UGA clearly has its sights set on a National Championship run so they will be focused. If we take that game, all doubters will have to run and hide.

Feb 9, 2013, 8:32 PM

I'm with JVTiger on this one...As much as I loved the win, I don't feel a one-point win in an inconsequential bowl can serve as a benchmark. We were out physical-ed (and maybe out-coached)in both the FSU and SC games - our truest tests of the year...If we come out next year and handle UGA - then the question is answered and then some. But two losses in Death Valley sandwiched b/t that bowl win doesn't answer many questions...

Feb 10, 2013, 12:31 PM

As I recall, LSU was ranked at No. 1 during the regular season so they must have been reasonably good. I'll take a one point win over a team such as LSU any year. And if you saw that game you obviously noted that the fourth quarter belonged to Clemson. LSU was totally spent in the last 15 minutes and would have been blown out if they were not able to stop the clock with fake injuries. The powerful SEC met their match on 12/31/12.

If you stop looking for ways to improve...

Feb 10, 2013, 12:39 PM

you stop improving.

I agree

Feb 11, 2013, 11:36 AM

We needed to get better in the secondary and we addressed it.

It just annoys me that so many people seem to think they know what goes on in the S&C department after watching YouTube clips.

I know our strength and conditioning is behind SCar's

Feb 11, 2013, 5:41 PM

and I didn't have to watch a #### thing on YouTube.

Re: I know our strength and conditioning is behind SCar's

Feb 11, 2013, 5:45 PM

So how do you know this?

The question is...

Feb 11, 2013, 5:51 PM

how do you *not*?

Re: The question is...

Feb 11, 2013, 5:58 PM

Ask LSU.

Re: The question is...

Feb 11, 2013, 6:01 PM [ in reply to The question is... ]

Do you know how are player's strength compares to theirs? Speed? How anout gains in speed and strength over time?

Maybe so....how do you know it's S&C?

Feb 11, 2013, 5:47 PM [ in reply to I know our strength and conditioning is behind SCar's ]

It could be PEDs. You just don't KNOW!

PEDs would impact S&C.

Feb 11, 2013, 5:51 PM

And I've little doubt that's *part* of the problem.

No it's not.

Feb 11, 2013, 5:58 PM

Batson does not have PEDs as part of his training program.

If Scar and the rest of the SEC is using PEDs then that is not Batson's fault. We should be encouraging our team to play fair.

Re: PEDs would impact S&C.

Feb 11, 2013, 6:02 PM [ in reply to PEDs would impact S&C. ]

that is MOST of the problem!!! but I sure don`t want to stoop that low!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If PEDs is the problem

Feb 11, 2013, 6:04 PM

then Batson, Dabo and the rest of the staff should not be blamed what some people perceive as a weak S&C program.

I'm hoping the SEC gets punished like Lance Armstrong.

Feb 11, 2013, 6:01 PM [ in reply to I know our strength and conditioning is behind SCar's ]

I know because I have watched the game the last 4 years!! what more do U need to see??? now I also know that they use "chemicals" that we refuse to use????? so there it is!!

Feb 11, 2013, 6:06 PM

How do index out talent?

Re: If you stop looking for ways to improve...

Feb 11, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to If you stop looking for ways to improve... ]

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 AM

dabo is a CEO.His program comes before friendship.
if they don,t get the job done,they will lose it.
Go DABO!
GO TIGERS!

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic