Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Sad yet Truthful Tale of College Football Recruiting......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

A Sad yet Truthful Tale of College Football Recruiting......

Jul 1, 2012, 3:05 PM

Let me start by saying that I've posted here many times. Often my posts have been rants occurring many minutes after a Clemson Football travesty. Sometimes sarcasm got the best of me. Other times, I've tried to post genuine feelings about our great University.

Today, I'm posting about the cold, hard truth of College Football Recruiting.

You see, I was a 5 star recruit coming out of High School according to the WMDT rating, which some of you may be familiar with. I tried my best to carry on the family football name. I was heavily recruited by schools ranging from the Texas State University Fighting Armadillos all the way to the Louisiana State University Mud Dogs. When it came time to sign the dotted line, I chose Clemson University. I enrolled and looked forward to a career full of Record Breaking seasons, Heisman Trophies and Ultimately, a National Championship.

But things don't always go as planned......

As it turned out, that WMDT (What My Dad Thinks) star rating got me only as far as the payment line at Harcombe Dining Hall. A lean, mean 197 pounds out of high school has quickly turned into a 226 pound bowl of body odor flavored jello, a mere decade later. My 40 time has gone from a lightning-like 4.86 to 11.2 seconds (as previously timed at the Old English 800 40 ounce Funneling Championships just south of Detroit). My once daily routine of power cleans and bench presses has given way to rarely cleans and bench sitting. I once threw for 291 yards and 5 touchdowns in the first half........Madden 2011. Now I find myself logging on to TigerNet to see who the next great to grace the streets of Tigertown will be.

But the bottom line is right here folks. As they say, "there's something special in these hills". Whether we land the best player in the Land (Thank you for getting nasty one night in the 90's Dr. Nkemdiche) or we sign twelve "Two-Star" recruits, come September, EVERYONE fears a day in Death Valley!

Let the Countdown Begin...

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YYYeeeaaahhh !!***

Jul 1, 2012, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it takes a minute or two

Jul 1, 2012, 4:55 PM

but I can still run the 40! LMAO!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still working on 'why I should run that far.'***

Jul 1, 2012, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still working on 'why I should run that far.'***

Jul 1, 2012, 6:37 PM

I can only think of one time "Last Call".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still working on 'why I should run that far.'***

Jul 1, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I'm still working on 'why I should run that far.'*** ]

When it ever comes to me having to get that far that fast, I'll drive.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU...epic post! The whole post could apply to me as well,

Jul 1, 2012, 7:46 PM

just replace the OE funneling with Mad Dog Chug Offs. LMAO!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truthful Tale of College Recruiting......

Jul 3, 2012, 1:33 PM

I did a 1.12 40 as a junior....

1.12 seconds for 40 feet from the Y beach bridge into Lake Hartwell, compliments of the 1969-1970 Co. C-4 Pershing Rifle Drill Platoon.

February 1970

Re: A Sad yet Truthful Tale of College Football Recruiting......

Jul 3, 2012, 1:35 PM

Isn't it 40 yards down "The Hill" from Howard's Rock?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic