Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My call to the ACC office!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Mar 27, 2012, 9:34 AM

Last week I called the ACC offices and asked to speak to someone concerning UNCs penalties. I was immediately sent to voice mail, whaere I left my name, number, and message. 2 days later I received a call from Amy Ycola. She told me that she already knew the reason for my call and that she was a Clemson grad. Fellow Tigers, she defended Swofford to the utmost, and I gave her both barrels! It was an 27 minute conversation, so I cannot repeat all that was said, however, I feel some of what she said bears repeating. She told me that Swooford had absolutely nothing to do with Clemson receiving the additional year. That he was not even present when the vote was taken. She informed me that this was a "myth" Clemson people had "made up". She said that this would not even be an issue if not for internet message boards of today. I asked her if the internet or message boards were around in 1982. I asked her how she knew Swofford wasnt there? Her reply, because he told her so! I told her fine, send me a copy of the minutes from the meeting, who called it, who attended, and who voted and how. I said if you do that, and I am wrong, I will call back and apoligize to you and him. Guess what I was told, that document is sealed and cannot be opened! HUH! She told me that she had pulled the State, Greenville News,Orange and White, The Tiger.... and could find nothing that proved he was there and called the meeting. I also aked her why Swofford would not grant an interview to Clemson media. She told me that not one Clemson reporter had asked for an interview. I said, David Hood has said that he begged for one. Her comment, I know David Hood and he has not contacted me, and I set up interviews! Please Tigers, if you have any old or new articles about this incident, please flood the ACC office with them. I encourage all of you to call, write, aggravate them anyway you can. This is a sham, Swofford is scared and just wants it to go away! Call this Amy Ycola, David Hood, if you read this... I would take this up with this young lady!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My call to the ACC office!

Mar 27, 2012, 9:36 AM

Very interesting. And sad that one of our own would actually defend that swine Swofford.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Do you honestly think she is a Clemson grad?

Mar 27, 2012, 9:40 AM

I'm pretty sure she's a robot.

Re: Do you honestly think she is a Clemson grad?

Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 AM

She is a Clemson grad.

Re: Do you honestly think she is a Clemson grad?

Mar 27, 2012, 10:52 AM

A brain washed Clemson grad at that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have a fine robotics program!

Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Do you honestly think she is a Clemson grad? ]

unfortunately robots can be rebooted by the end user.

Her name doesn't show up in the alumni directory...

Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Do you honestly think she is a Clemson grad? ]

Unless it's mispelled or she married and didn't update.

http://cualumni.clemson.edu/page.aspx?pid=198

Besides, that's her job and she's just defending her boss. Wonder how much she's getting paid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford's probably paying her more than Clemson is.***

Mar 27, 2012, 10:21 AM

Re: Her name doesn't show up in the alumni directory...

Mar 27, 2012, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Her name doesn't show up in the alumni directory... ]

Married and last name Yakola...has a facebook page too

Her twitter handle

Mar 27, 2012, 1:11 PM

Is @ACCSpin hahahahahaha

Amy Moore class of 1998***

Mar 27, 2012, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Her name doesn't show up in the alumni directory... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My call to the ACC office!- not one of own

Mar 27, 2012, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

if doing that. not to me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My call to the ACC office! T mail him

Mar 27, 2012, 9:52 AM

he is posting here often

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 AM

You people need to let this go. Do you think the ACC really gives two ##### what the fans think?

You're obviously missing the point. SMH***

Mar 27, 2012, 10:26 AM

Mar 27, 2012, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

I don't really care what the ACC thinks about our fans. I only care about what our fans think about the ACC. Aparently, you're all in with them. Its been 30 years waiting for Swofford to get his. NO I WON'T let it go!!! This is a 30 year itch, long over due for a good scratching. UNC has opened a door that has left Swofford standing in it. Now what is he going to do with the shoe on the other foot. Now, is the ACC a conference with UNC above all. Or, is the ACC a conference where all members are equal. We are just wanting Swofford to answer that one question. Its an Either/OR question. Not a If Ands or Buts question. We just want the answer!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amy, were there sanctions added by the ACC? How did they

Mar 27, 2012, 9:57 AM

come about? Who led the effort to invoke them? You will feel better after you tell the truth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think you would need to talk to someone else

Mar 27, 2012, 9:57 AM

who was there at the meeting. Or an AD from one of the other schools at the time who could explain how the extra year came about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe he wasn't involved but lets assume he wasn't

Mar 27, 2012, 9:58 AM

Does it matter if he wasn't? Clemson got an extra year b/c of the "high standards of ethics and integrity" of the conference. Whether Swofford was present or responsible is irrelevent. Does the conference still hold those high standards? If so, unc deserves and extra year.

Oh, and please tell that #### to return her diploma to Clemson immediately.

one indisputable fact being overlooked is

Mar 27, 2012, 10:00 AM

that no matter if Swoffie had anything to do with the 1982 episode or not (and I'll NEVER be convinced he did not), Clemson WAS GIVEN AN EXTRA, THIRD YEAR OF PROBATION BY THE ACC that the NCAA did not deem necessary. The precedent was set and should still be in play today.

UNC should be evaluated for extra punishment regardless of Swoffie's denials. Academic fraud is the worst infraction that can be committed by a university, and should be punished to the maximum level possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is about as good as it gets. The bottom line is..

Mar 27, 2012, 10:02 AM

Academic fraud is as bad as infractions can get and should not be tolerated under ANY circumstances.

No matter what we want to believe ACC is academics first

Mar 27, 2012, 11:10 AM

The ACC brought on BC which adds nothing to the on the field product but is top notch in the classroom.

The ACC refused to talk with WVU because their academics were deemed substandard but their on the field product would help.

So when it comes time to actually show a backbone and really uphold the academic reputation of the ACC, the ACC caves.

This is the course to pursue. The Tarholes' transgressions

Mar 27, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to one indisputable fact being overlooked is ]

are every bit as bad as ours were and (I would argue) more damaging to the conference's image.

I call BS on no Clemson media wanting an interview.

Mar 27, 2012, 10:11 AM

Swoffie sux.

Well that's excellent. So Swofford has a story. Hood is

Mar 27, 2012, 10:16 AM

giving him a chance to tell it! He should be rushing to do so.

I want the early 80's chronicled. If it exonerates Swofford, great! But look at his behavior. Ducking interviews, avoiding comment. John, just kill the myth. But to do so, he's got to tell us what he DOES know about that meeting. Unseal the minutes. How can it be a meeting of AD's and he WASN'T there? Who called it? Who attended? Who decided on the punishment? Tell us what you know and set yourself free, John! Otherwise, not only Clemson fans, but all ACC fans will assume that you led the charge.

null

why in God's name are the minutes of that meeting closed?

Mar 27, 2012, 10:19 AM

I call BS.

It's one thing for this Clemson grad to not know what's going on but to actually claim that David Hood has never requested an interview tells me either David's lying or she's lying and while I don't know either of them, I suspect that David's not lying.

Re: Well that's excellent. So Swofford has a story. Hood is

Mar 27, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Well that's excellent. So Swofford has a story. Hood is ]

Thats b/c he did lead the charge!!!

Is she hot? :-)***

Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 AM

no matter how hot, I wouldn't let her lick the sweat off

Mar 27, 2012, 10:29 AM

my hairy armpits if she was dying in a desert.

Not sure I'd do that either! Ugh! Ha!***

Mar 27, 2012, 10:49 AM

You wouldn't lick Big Spee's sweat?

Mar 27, 2012, 11:27 AM

;)

Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 AM

If nothing else, she just confirmed there was a meeting by saying he wasn't at it and that the minutes of it are sealed.

Clemson

Re: Amy Yakola- PR and Marketing for the ACC

Mar 27, 2012, 10:30 AM

I received an email stating something very similar. They(the ACC) told me that "Swofford was the most unbiased ACC commissioner of all time". I about choked from laughing so hard!

With regards to Amy Yakola of the ACC, I can't find anything online regarding her being a Clemson alumn. Maybe I should call her and ask what year she graduated, her maiden name and a few questions to see if she's legit?

Shows Amy Moore Yakola, class of 1998, if that's her

Mar 27, 2012, 10:35 AM

http://cualumni.clemson.edu/page.aspx?pid=198

Re: that's probably it, thanks for finding.

Mar 27, 2012, 10:40 AM

she's probably just towing the company line.

Mar 27, 2012, 10:40 AM

I too called the ACC office and spoke with I assume the same Amy you talked to. She also told me she was a Clemson grad and that she could find no where in black and white print that Swofford had anything to do with it. She just said that there is no record in print that states that he had anything to do with it. While I was on the phone with her I googled Clemson/John Swofford and gave her about 25 different examples of this subject in print and she told me basically the internet does not count. She wanted NEWSPAPER articles from the 80's that stated that Swofford had something to do with it. She basically called Tigernet a joke and said that we were just paranoid fans. To her credit she stayed on the phone with me for about 30 minutes, but I called her on a slip up on her stance and she then quickly wanted off of the phone. She said Swofford did not hand out the extra punishment that the ACC and the ACC presidents do. I asked her who called and organized the said meetings and convieniently left Clemson out of the mix and she started to backtrack and said we were getting no where and she had other things to do. She is completely giving Swofford a pass. I really am ashamed to call her a fellow alumni.

So what you're saying that needs to be done is

Mar 27, 2012, 10:44 AM

a FOIA petition needs to be filed to look at that "sealed" file. Anyone have media connections? They do this sort of thing all the time...

That sounds like a good idea***

Mar 27, 2012, 11:19 AM

Re: So what you're saying that needs to be done is

Mar 27, 2012, 11:28 AM [ in reply to So what you're saying that needs to be done is ]

Freedom of information act can be done anyone. But, I think you would need to quote the case law for it to have any teeth.

Mar 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

Her or David Hood is a liar. Will the real Liar please stand up. The liar should be covered with shiiit, and then HUNG for stinking!!!

She probably believes Barry Soetoro was born in Hawaii, too.

Mar 27, 2012, 10:53 AM

Because he said so.

Pic?***

Mar 27, 2012, 11:04 AM

Re: Pic?***

Mar 27, 2012, 12:40 PM

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000564423447

There probably aren't detailed minutes from 1982

Mar 27, 2012, 11:08 AM

They probably set it up that way so no one could be held personally responsible and that the action would look like it was unamious. The minutes probably say "Motion made and seconded."

Re: There probably aren't detailed minutes from 1982

Mar 31, 2012, 12:35 PM

The minutes would still list those who attended.

Mar 27, 2012, 11:20 AM

I am glad you called. Now you see the brick wall I am hitting.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2012, 11:31 AM

David they said you were a liar and that T-Net was a joke. Your serve!

Mar 27, 2012, 11:35 AM

I know. In my email to her yesterday (yes, Amy is the one I am dealing with), I told her that this was a great chance for Swofford to tell his side of the story. Still have heard nothing. And just an FYI.....I have copied Crump on my correspondence with Amy, so he knows how hard we have been trying to reach her and he can verify our attempts to reach Swofford.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2012, 12:05 PM

As I said this situation is not unique. I have received both an email and a phone call from who I assume is Amy Yakola. I know she is just towing the company line, but after correspondence I'm even more frusterated. She is so adament in her views that nothing besides a print article will change her views regarding Swofford.

I even asked questions not regarding UNC and most of the responses were very similar. To them(ACC) we as a fanbase are making way to big of deal and things aren't as bad as the Internet and message board fanatics(their word) think.

Great job. I think the plan of action I suggested yesterday

Mar 27, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

is already in place. Don't let up. However, the undercover video team may need to precede your visit.

Mar 28, 2012, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

Would an online petition of some kind help to retrieve the truth? and maybe at the football games this season as well?
'just a thought!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An idea David....

Mar 28, 2012, 1:42 AM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

....tell the ACC you are a writer for TarheelIllistrated

Arent people like Robinson, and McLellan are still around

Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: My call to the ACC office! ]

Maybe some others. I'd talk to them informally to see what went down

Something is rotten in Charlotte

Mar 27, 2012, 11:31 AM

If Swofford is claiming (through his proxy) he had "nothing to do with" Clemson receiving an extra year of probation, then why isn't he seizing this opportunity to once and for all bring closure to this? It's becoming more and more apparent that he has no place as the ACC's commissioner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Greensboro....

Mar 27, 2012, 11:39 AM

Charlotte, Chapel Hole, Durham, Rolly,(WF walked as did MD) wonder how we know this and the AYSheShe office doesn't?

Re: Greensboro....

Mar 27, 2012, 11:45 AM

Time for us to talk with FSU and prepare an ACC exit strategy.

Screw Calford.

Many of the ACC AD's at the time are still alive today....

Mar 27, 2012, 12:11 PM

perhaps the best route to the truth is to contact them directly.

CU – Bill McLellan
NC State – Willis Casey
Duke – Tom Butters
Wake – Gene Hooks
Maryland – Richard “D!ck” Dull
UVA – Richard “D!ck” Schultz
UNC - John Swofford

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Many of the ACC AD's at the time are still alive today....

Mar 27, 2012, 1:26 PM

It'd be great to get Hooks and Dull on record. I'm sure they'd love to do it.

Mar 27, 2012, 1:17 PM

Anyone have the number? I REALLY want to finish this story! Oh yea, SWOFFORD SUCKS USED PADS!!!

Congrats. You just wasted 27 minutes of your life and hers.

Mar 27, 2012, 1:17 PM

It is 2012, not 1982. Time to move on, fellers.

This is the exact response I got

Mar 27, 2012, 1:30 PM

from a twitter conversation with Mark Packer. I thought as arguably the most powerful Clemson Grad in the media that he'd want to take up the cause, but he brushed me off and called it a "non-story"

Time to stifle yerself, Filo.

Mar 27, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Congrats. You just wasted 27 minutes of your life and hers. ]

Clemson doesn't like quitters.

it's a fair take, there have been a number of programs, fsu

Mar 27, 2012, 1:34 PM

for one, that have crossed this boundary since '82, it seems it took unc's involvement to create the upswell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The commish is not an FSU grad going to NCAA meetings

Mar 27, 2012, 2:06 PM

with FSU but not Miami. The ACC refs wore KH on their shoes to support one of their own who told the NC State coach to #### in a gama against unc in the ACC tourney. The Refs are NEVER EVER supposed to be the story. The minute they put KH on their shoes, there should've been disciplinary action taken against them.... just like when a coach gets fined for saying the refs were horrible.

There are too many intances of improper action/conflicts of interest where this current commish has shown time and again that he supports his alma mater more than he supports other member institutions.

It's a plain and simple story.

so it's a witch hunt, i agree. i'm not saying there isn't

Mar 27, 2012, 2:11 PM

merit to the story, but some have begun to retrench and are now saying it doesn't matter if swofford was at the meeting or not, it's about the ACC's integrity and the precedent that was set. if that's the case, where was everyone when other programs got the nasty letter from the nc2a?

i'm not saying that's your take, you can read these things on the board though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so it's a witch hunt, i agree. i'm not saying there isn't

Mar 27, 2012, 2:29 PM

Keep this up top.Good job of investigating. Now people can see out in the light what we went up against in the 80's and is still being covered up. (WHY)?

Re: Congrats. You just wasted 27 minutes of your life and hers.

Mar 27, 2012, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Congrats. You just wasted 27 minutes of your life and hers. ]

Or just maybe, its time for you to move on out. The reason things never get done, is the people who do nothing getting in the way. Sounds familiar to you doesn't it!!!

Amy suffers from Stockholm Syndrome ! Send in Seal Team 6 !

Mar 27, 2012, 3:37 PM

Save Amy !

FOIA is the key

Mar 27, 2012, 5:31 PM

I hope David or another reporter will request the minutes of the meeting under the State of SC FOIA. As an organizer receiving funds from the State of SC, the ACC should have to respond. Following is who is subject to SC FOIA:

"or any organization, corporation, or agency supported in whole or in part by public funds"

Would be helpful to find a lawyer on T-net volunteer his/her pro bono assistance.

Re: FOIA is the key

Mar 27, 2012, 5:34 PM

IF it is made to stand up! so many times it is ignored and misused that it is almost worthless in SC! IMHO the ACC will do the same thing and the Clemson admin will do nothing!! best of luck; U will need it

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2012, 5:37 PM

My father (deceased) and my brother are both Wake Forest grads and ex-Deacon football players. I believe I have heard my brother, who has no love for the Tarholes) say that he knows Gene Hooks personally. I will call him and see if he knows how to reach Hooks and see what he (Hooks) might be willing to say about the meeting.

Be very interested in the results of your Dad's inquiry...

Mar 27, 2012, 6:04 PM

if he decides to follow through.....and thanks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be very interested in the results of your Dad's inquiry...

Mar 27, 2012, 9:13 PM

Because we are in SC and the ACC meeting was in NC would we be able to get minutes from the meeting using the freedom act?

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic