Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm dismayed at the level of anti-FSU rhetoric on TN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,050

I'm dismayed at the level of anti-FSU rhetoric on TN

Jun 14, 2004, 5:27 PM

First, let me say I'm sorry to hear that something happened to Curry.

Second, I understand that two people have been arrested in conjunction with this incident, and neither of them are FSU football players. I may be mistaken about this, but that's what a Clemson guy posted on The Territory.

But lastly, what is the deal with the hatred toward FSU on TN? I always thought of you all as the closest thing to a brother that we have in the ACC. We are both large, Southern state schools that favor football over hoops, have antagonistic SEC rivals, and play in huge stadiums to rabid fans. My trips to Clemson are among my fave away games ever. Our coaches are related.

So why the enmity? I'm not sure I understand it...this taking a net rumor and running wild with it, throwing out lame terms like "criminole" and the like. I thought we had more mutual respect than that. What's the deal?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because their entire track team

Jun 14, 2004, 5:28 PM

is nothing more than monkey dung.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its DT right now so people are a bit starved for things to

Jun 14, 2004, 5:30 PM

discuss. Add that to the feeling of finally beating the Noles again in Nov after a decade of trying and you get posts like these.

I'm not in any way excusing what the FSU Tracksters did but come back a little closer to football season and you will see most, if not all, of the animosity gone.

This is my 7th or 8th DT and its always like that around here during the summer.

I think everyone is just a little passionate right now about

Jun 14, 2004, 5:30 PM

a member of the family being attacked.

A word of warning. Your site will soon be inundated with Gamecocks badmouthing Clemson and Currie, and also Gamecocks disguising themselves as Tigers and saying stupid things. Just be careful what you read.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no problem with FSU.

Jun 14, 2004, 5:31 PM

My judgment of other schools athletic programs rests largely on my experiences at away football games, as it rightly should. :)

I've been to FSU twice (we won and we lost) and was treated very well on both occasions.

We're in the Dark Times right now, and people are a little pissed at the attempted lynching. As usual on the internet, things get blown out of proportion. I don't like it either, not one little bit, but I don't hold the entire Florida State University responsible.

Now if it were GAMECOCKS that had done this, there is no doubt in my mind that it would have been Lou Holtz's fault either directly or indirectly. Don't even try to argue that with me - it's fact. That's like messing with Texas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think on any other day, Tigernetters would agree

Jun 14, 2004, 5:34 PM

we enjoy the rivalry with Florida State. I don't think this is where the anger is coming from. I think it's the perspective of one of our "own" was attacked.

Clemson Fans are going to defend our own and we take offense and some of the comments on FSU's board that either low key it....stiches and being outnumbered shouldn't be a concern....being attacked by another ACC school should be a concern? Or outright calling into question Airese intergrity or inferring he deserved it?

Of course people are going to get riled up.
Was some of the initial information incorrect and did some people jump to conclusions...yes, but that doesn't make the incident any less of concern to both schools.

Dear Mr. Osceola...

Jun 14, 2004, 5:34 PM

We as Clemson fans love your fans and our trips to Tally. If you look back a few pages you will see a "Best Fans" poll. FSU is listed several times. I love games with FSU but you have to admit that this incident was slightly "thuggish". You can't expect us to be happy that four of your student-athletes jumped our star WR. I love FSU and its fans but the actions of your athlete is well noted and not liked.

- A concerned Tiger fan

PS: Can't wait for that trip down to Tally. It should be a good game.

I've never had a problem with FSU or its fans

Jun 14, 2004, 5:37 PM

I've been to every FSU football game in Clemson and four played in Tallahassee. Clemson won a couple and we lost a couple more, but in each case your fans were great and win or lose, it made for a very enjoyable game day experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

However, FSU's track team has a history of playing dirty***

Jun 14, 2004, 5:46 PM

You have to understand...

Jun 14, 2004, 5:39 PM

Our most experienced WR, a position we are very thin at, just got beat up by 4 thugs. Currie has been an outstanding citizen for Clemson University since his arrival. He has shown a work ethic that has been much appreciated by fans. We think he can be an All-ACC or All-American guy and yet now reports say he will have to do a lot of healing between now and August practices. It hurts bad to see this happen to one of our own and the circumstances are just ridiculous. so naturally there is going to be some hard feelings right now.

For example: What if you found out that Alex Barron wouldn't be able to participate in Summer Workouts and would have a lot of work to do to practice this fall because 4 Clemson athletes busted him in the face with a bottle? See where were coming from.

True I have enjoyed Fla. St fans as much as any, but you can't expect us not to have bad feelings right now especially since its 4 athletes from your university that are responsible for our bad fortunes.

I agree with Brazil here but it sounds like Currie doled out

Jun 14, 2004, 5:45 PM

the ### whippin'. Poetic justice has apparently been realized.

"Don't mess with the bull son...

Jun 14, 2004, 5:49 PM

...you're liable to get the horns." ;o)

Sounds like a few FSU track athletes learned that lesson the hard way.

Message was edited by: BigCUFan®

We hate FSU for the most part. You beat us in football

Jun 14, 2004, 5:55 PM

12 straight years until last year. We should hate FSU. You would sure hate us if we havd beat you 12 straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speak for yourself. I don't hate FSU.And it was 11 not 12;-)***

Jun 14, 2004, 6:03 PM

Let me rephrase my post...How stupid are you?

Jun 14, 2004, 6:04 PM [ in reply to We hate FSU for the most part. You beat us in football ]

Our #1 WR got ganged up on by 3 of your thugs and your asking us where is the love? LOL Please! How pathetic!

I didn't think we had a good shot in Tally next year but I am hoping now that Currie shows the team the scars your Criminole cowards gave him that that gives us motivation to humiliate your team and coach in front of your home crowd. Maybe we'll even see a repeat of '89? That would be swift justice!

My post intended for main thread, not you joesphg***

Jun 14, 2004, 7:01 PM

FSU's has a history of being thugs.......

Jun 14, 2004, 6:05 PM

This year between Clemson and FSU

- Football: The FSU players coming to the bottom of The Hill to taunt the Clemson players. Very close to being an all out brawl before the game even started.

- Baseball: If anyone was at all 3 games you saw numerous incidents to include a FSU player playing hurt at 2nd, then followed by a steal of 3rd base.

- Indoor Track: Clemson’s Michael Bolling who was the top seed in the 400m at the ACC indoors. The meet was very close between FSU and Clemson. During the 400 a FSU's Antonio Cromartie, which is also on the football team pushed Bolling off the track causing them both to be disqualified (taking away 10 points from Clemson). After the race a fight broke out between members from both track teams, causing both to be DQ'ed for the remainder of the meet.

- Outdoor Track: Clemson's Currie was attacked by a couple of FSU thugs! Currie needed stiches after being hit in the face with a glass bottle while 2 FSU athletes were arrested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

For the most part I think you are right. Sometimes message

Jun 14, 2004, 6:25 PM

boards can get a little carried away. Anonymity allows people to say a lot of things without consequence. People can get a little fired up over things. But overall, I think most Clemson fans feel camardarie(sp?) and respect in our rivalries with FSU and GT. It's us against them in the ACC. VT is considered a welcome addition her as well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is for sure. Every FSU board is full of denials

Jun 14, 2004, 6:48 PM

and finger pointing. Not a single "I hope he is alright" comment. This certainly does nothing to assuage hard feelings. Even when given the official arrest report and hospital report, your people are still in denial and name calling. I think that doesnt exactly speak well of yall right now.

airese will exact his revenge in 103 days*********

Jun 14, 2004, 6:49 PM

Never had a problem with FSU fans*****

Jun 14, 2004, 6:59 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic