Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To people bitching about Dabo after the game....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

To people bitching about Dabo after the game....

Sep 18, 2011, 9:13 AM

Really? Really?

What is wrong with our coach being excited and showing it? #### I was excited and I am not an Alabama grad/player who hates Auburn like we hate USuCk so #### right he is jacked up and good for him for showing it.

You all raised hell on here because TB never showed emotion, now you ##### because Dabo does?????

I say this at work all the time - You just can't please some people, they are so miserable in their own life that if you handed them a bag full of $100 bills they would ##### about the color of the bag.

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Agree with the work analogy....

Sep 18, 2011, 9:15 AM

The best way to deal with negativity and such in the work place is to fire those USuC graduates and move on..... :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To people bitching about Dabo after the game....

Sep 18, 2011, 9:16 AM

Amen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've been one of his strongest critics but

Sep 18, 2011, 9:19 AM

that display of emotion after the game should have been enough to get ANYBODY thinking about getting on the Dabo bandwagon! It was genuine and we haven't had a coach to show that much enthusiasm for Tiger ball in a lonnnng time! Gotta admit, I'm sipping on the koolaid now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Stay thirsty, my friend!***

Sep 18, 2011, 9:42 AM

I've not been a fan...

Sep 18, 2011, 9:21 AM

but thought there was nothing wrong with it. It was genuine, at least it seemed so to me.
And, for good or for ill, it's Dabo. That's just who he is.

I thought it was awesome...he actually has a pulse...

Sep 18, 2011, 9:22 AM

not a robot like TB with no personality....love the way Dabo motivates...quote from TB...."I am a coach not a motivator..I leave that up to the seniors" Oh jesus!

We went from one extreme with TB to the other with Dabo

Sep 18, 2011, 9:25 AM

Can't we find a happy medium coach? haha

Re: We went from one extreme with TB to the other with Dabo

Sep 18, 2011, 9:29 AM

Go #####! Feel better?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When he does that stuff I think he looks silly and honestly

Sep 18, 2011, 10:44 PM [ in reply to We went from one extreme with TB to the other with Dabo ]

it comes across being a bit phony. You can be emotional and enthusiastic without acting like that.

shocking .....you should think this way***

Sep 19, 2011, 7:13 AM

Everyone needs to RELAX!

Sep 19, 2011, 10:03 AM [ in reply to When he does that stuff I think he looks silly and honestly ]

I personally think all you complaining about Dabo's comments should just relax! He was very excited and showed his emotions!

I am pretty sure all of you out there have had something very exciting happen in your life and shown exactly how you fell right afterwards! He is a human being like all of us and believe it or not has emotions!

GO TIGERS!!!!! 3-0! Congrats to all the players and coaches! Job well done!

Not Everyone, just a few.

Sep 19, 2011, 11:58 AM

For the most part probably 95-98% of the Clemson Nation appreciate his energy! As with any sizable crowd, there's always a handful that buck the trend.

More important than what we think about him though, is what the players think about him......and the players go to war for him. That's what matters, not some fan on a message board....honestly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact is that a lot of those freshmen we saw play

Sep 18, 2011, 9:34 AM

yesterday came to Clemson to play because of Coach Swinney's personality.

He's here to recruit good players and win games. He's recruited a lot of good players with his personality, and perhaps yesterday was the beginning of a lot of wins for us.

People can't complain about his personality AND praise our new players, unless they are being very inconsistent.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

oh plz, that is ridiculous. personality is one thing, it's

Sep 18, 2011, 10:46 PM

another to act like a buffoon.

Or post like one!***

Sep 18, 2011, 10:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get an Amen!

Sep 19, 2011, 12:00 PM

Too much buffoonery on this board.

Sep 18, 2011, 9:38 AM

i LOVED THEY WAY HE TALKED AFTER THE GAME!!! And I have been his biggest critic. Go Dabo!

Can't blame the guy

Sep 18, 2011, 9:46 AM

for his boundless enthusiasm.

He is what he is.

And, Gosh Darnit, he is OUR lovable and hyperactive coach.

Let's not forget his ability to

Recruit great players
Hire good coaches
Fire up the fan base
Represent Clemson in the right ways
Grow as he learns
Keep his players out of trouble
etc..

Sep 18, 2011, 9:48 AM

Fock 'em.Complainers fall by the wayside as things get better.

Besides the only ones that matter are those people "man" enough to admit they were wrong(no matter which side of a situation they are on).

Some people will complain no matter what.Now they are just lurking,watching,waiting for Dabo's next loss where they can say "Look.I told you"........

Sep 18, 2011, 11:14 AM

I loved it! I like the fire, I like the excitement. Kids see that and they want to play for him.

With that said, the "we don't give a crap, just line up and play" comment was classic! If he coaches here for 20 years or 4 he'll be remembered for that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the coaches expect

Sep 18, 2011, 12:11 PM

the players to act like they have been 'there', then the coach needs to as well. I like the part of his comments about greatness, that was perfect. The rest was exuberance best displayed in the locker room and not on ESPN.

Re: If the coaches expect

Sep 18, 2011, 1:11 PM

That's about the dumbest thing I've read. That's exactly what I want out of our coach. I loved it! Been watching videos of it all morning. He was pumped up!

I'm glad he showed it on ESPN, for one...

Sep 19, 2011, 12:07 PM [ in reply to If the coaches expect ]

b/c I got to see it.

I was actually pleased to see him fired up. That's what I

Sep 18, 2011, 1:12 PM

have been wanting to see all along. Not the cheerleading side but the pissed off side.

Glad he's excited.

Sep 18, 2011, 1:13 PM

I have no problem with it.

I guarantee you the players will love him for it.

Sep 18, 2011, 1:53 PM

I'm not sure..the NCAA will probably find a way to penalize our team on the first play of the FSU game, for excessive celebration. LOL
:)
GOoooo Tigers!

Sep 18, 2011, 2:45 PM

i preferred halftime "don't give a crap" dabo

but its good to see the coach show some emotion

Sep 18, 2011, 3:10 PM

Agree with you 100%. Some days I hate coming on here because of all the negative nancy's and the bashing. But love this post!!!

Sep 18, 2011, 3:46 PM

I agree 100%. Of course some people haven't the guts to admit it, but what they didn't like on the after interview was him Giving God The Glory and Saying he was just trying to do God's will with those kids. They think you have to be a heathen to coach. It's this whole country's anti-God mindset. Plus, we could go undefeated and win national championship and they would complain about him.
They need to crawl back under their rock and take Blue Caddy with them...
Bet Rev. O loved it!

I may not have cared for

Sep 18, 2011, 10:07 PM

the last bit of enthusiasm but I am all for having a man of faith at the helm. Tony Dungy got a lot of criticism for his faith after the Colts won the super bowl but I loved it. Never embarrassed to further the kingdom.

lol most people in thiscountry esp from the south have faith

Sep 18, 2011, 10:54 PM

it has nothing to do with winning football games, if it did, TB would have won many championships. Leave preaching for Sundays.

Wrong once again!

Sep 18, 2011, 11:29 PM

Most people (even in the south) do not have faith. Your ignorance knows no limits.

Is there anything about Dabo that you like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

most people in this country do, esp the south, what are you

Sep 18, 2011, 11:37 PM

smoking? more people go to church than ever before. church goers as a percentage of population has declined, but surveys show most people in america have faith, but don't like the direction of organized religion, or think you have to go to church to have faith, which jesus echoed.

Well said! I liked the enthusiasm and energy myself!***

Sep 18, 2011, 3:55 PM

It was completely embarrassing. The entire nation is laugh

Sep 18, 2011, 7:58 PM

laughing at Clemson right now. Good job Datboy!!

yo....cootbreath.....why don't you choke on this

Sep 18, 2011, 8:02 PM

Are you saying Auburn wont win?
Posted: Sep 13, 2011 4:34 PM Reply

Auburn comes in and walks the dog on Clemson this weekend. Clemson's OL and DL are too soft.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was most certainly wrong about Clemson winning but

Sep 19, 2011, 10:30 AM

certainly wasnt wrong out the OL and DL being soft. Auburn gained 237 yds rushing on 37 attempts. The DL was getting thrown all over the field by the Auburn line. Also, our OL couldnt open up any hole in the middle of the line. All Clemson's rushing yards came on WR sweeps or runs to the outside where the WR's are better blockers than the OL.

Hats off to Dabo on his first big win. It was much needed for him to beat a top 25 team and an SEC team (granted Auburn's not a very good SEC team this year).

Re: I was most certainly wrong about Clemson winning but

Sep 19, 2011, 12:20 PM

you remain unfortunately ignorant of football.....Clemson's OL was EXCELLENT in pass blocking.....so-so in run blocking....Auburn's DL kept the middle clogged up...but the Tigers CERTAINLY took what Auburn gave us.

Did you, by any chance, notice that almost all Auburns running yardage came on off tackle runs or "sweeps" as you put it. Clemson kept the middle clogged up fairly effectively too.

Just accept the fact you either don't know much about football or didn't watch the game very closely....and your prediction was imbecilic

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure they're laughing at us and no the #### whoopin' we

Sep 18, 2011, 11:30 PM [ in reply to It was completely embarrassing. The entire nation is laugh ]

...handed Auburn.

It is endearing to whatever fanbase he happens to be

Sep 18, 2011, 8:03 PM

coaching.

But I think if he were coaching anywhere else, you guys would be making fun of him too.

if any other school hired a WR coach as HC Tnet would call

Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 PM

them complete morons. TNET has shown itself to be extremely hypocritical on many many occasions.

All head coaches were position coaches at one time - I don't

Sep 18, 2011, 10:52 PM

care what other schools do or who they hire - I care about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes they were sherlock, but you work your way up and get

Sep 18, 2011, 10:59 PM

experience and learn. it is extremely extremely rare for a position coach to be hired at a D1 school as HC without being a coordinator at a winning program, or a proven HC at a smaller school first. If it were seen as a smart way to hire it would be common, but it's not.

Didn't know there was a rule about who could be hired

Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 PM

as a head coach - as I have noticed, not all coaches with experience are successful

stupid post. go count up how any BCS schools have hired

Sep 18, 2011, 11:28 PM

position coaches as HC over guys with HC or coordinator experience. yes, it has happened, Dabo, Ford, Les Miles, and a few more, but it is very rare and rare for very good reasons.

Who would you have like saw hired...

Sep 19, 2011, 12:05 PM

instead of Dabo?

Re: yes they were sherlock, but you work your way up and get

Sep 19, 2011, 9:54 AM [ in reply to yes they were sherlock, but you work your way up and get ]

Danny Ford says hello idiot!

Like you, people were initially wrong about Danny Ford too

Sep 18, 2011, 11:43 PM [ in reply to if any other school hired a WR coach as HC Tnet would call ]

When he was given the head coach job after only being a position coach. That worked out pretty well for Clemson.

What would it take for you to quit being so freaking critical of Dabo?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

lol we got lucky with ford. i'll stop being critical of dabo

Sep 19, 2011, 4:10 AM

when we win 10+ regular season games, when we play with consistency, when we play a complete game vs. a quality opponent, when we stop under achieving, when he beats carolina. you know, when dabo does better than TB, which is what he was hired to do.

pumpers kill me, cry cause people are critical of dabo. are you kidding me? did you see last season, or the way we played his first season, or how we looked the first two games of this season, or our bowl games, or the first half saturday?

the sensible objective question is why do you pumpers pump the guy? it's purely emotional. you love dabo more than you love clemson, same with TB.

i saw a lot of positives saturday, saw a lot of things that still need work too. there are still 9 games left in the regular season. pumpers cry when people criticize dabo and say it's only 1 game, wait till after the season to judge. ok, fair enough, then pumpers need to do the same. you don't crown champions, kings, after one battle. you wait till after the war.

WIt to the end of the season?

Sep 19, 2011, 8:52 AM

Just like you waited to the end of the season to throw our new (awesome) basketball coach under the bus? Oh wait. You started talking trash right away until it was PAINFULLy obvious how wrong you were.

So we have your word that you are gonna give it a rest until the end of the season? I will believe it when I see it.

63-17

I love Clemson and Dabo is Clemson's Coach... nuff said.***

Sep 20, 2011, 10:16 AM [ in reply to lol we got lucky with ford. i'll stop being critical of dabo ]

Water the Point Tree

I'm sure the SEC is LTFAO especially the albumbs tiggers.***

Sep 19, 2011, 9:56 AM [ in reply to It is endearing to whatever fanbase he happens to be ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo can coach in a pink tux as long as we keep winning...

Sep 18, 2011, 10:19 PM

Let the haters hate

After the game ? I liked the halftime comments better...

Sep 18, 2011, 10:40 PM

" Who Gives a Crap , Go play football !! "

yea that was so classy. NOT***

Sep 18, 2011, 10:50 PM

You and classy - what a joke!***

Sep 18, 2011, 10:52 PM

A lot of misunderstandings....

Sep 18, 2011, 10:47 PM

I had lunch with a few people today, one of them a gamecock. I could tell he was furious about something, he's the type that thinks the game of football is just as serious as the game of life. After about a half hour, football conversation started. He takes it so seriously I quit bringing up the topic, but someone else did. He finally came out and said, "Dabo Swinney has some nerve, calling out Scar yesterday." Obviously, I had no clue what he was talking about. Long story short, he and another gamecock misunderstood Dabo's last emotional sentence. Dabo said, "it couldn't (AU's win streak) have ended at a better place than Death Valley, South Carolina." They thought he said "bring on South Carolina." I laughed again as I typed that, I knew I couldn't laugh in front of Mr. Sensitivity, but when I think about it, I still bust out laughing. Did they honestly think that a grown man, head football coach would get on national TV and call out our rivals 2 months before we play them, or call them out period? The media would've had a field day with that. You can't say anything today, especially in the information age. If any coach were to do that they are not clicking on all cylinders. I had to pull the quote up from an ASSOCIATED PRESS source to make him believe it wasn't true.

But to be honest, it kind of made me blush a little when I heard it. At the same time, I can't even imagine how he must have felt. AU nation is upset, but they need to put themselves in his shoes. Auburn is Dabo's Scar. He'll never publicly admit that, but I pictured myself coaching ECU, and NC State and Scar are on the schedule. ECU fans would want the Pack, and I'd never admit how bad I'd want to beat Scar. Dabo lost an absolute heartbreaker to HIS rival on the Plains, and painfully watched them keep winning, and thinking how he could have PERSONALLY prevented his rival from winning it all. He counted on his alma mater to stop them, and they built a greater lead against them than us, and he painfully watched that slip away. It must've been overwhelming to be the coach to end that streak, especially to HIS rival. I just can't even imagine...

^^^ Great post and insight ^^^***

Sep 19, 2011, 11:51 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

Sep 18, 2011, 11:24 PM

nice to see some enthusiasm from the coach(es) for a change.hopefully it carries over to the team for the next game and the rest of the season.can only imagine how flat-line tammy would have responded.can only help with fan entusiasm as well.most fans that is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 19, 2011, 6:02 AM

The Dabo haters used to see it was only about winning. Not we have a good win and they don't like his post game comments and enthusiasm. Which do you want guys? Or is it more about defending your position against Dabo no matter what?

Dabo is becoming a much better coach because 1) he has improved his coaching staff (Anybody still want Friedgen as OC?) 2) He's got better players and more coming in (a coach is always a lot smarter when they have great talent, e.g. Cremins, Bobby Bowden, etc.)

We're 3-0. Good start!

this got over 100 points***

Sep 19, 2011, 8:53 AM

More to the point, what was the color of the bag?***

Sep 19, 2011, 10:20 AM

what was the color of the bag?***

Sep 19, 2011, 12:01 PM

There are only two people that know that answer...

1. Cam "FIGJAM" Newton

2. Rev. Newton

I am really happy for our PROGRAM after Saturday's

Sep 19, 2011, 11:49 AM

Can-kicking of Auwww-burn. Personally, I'd have been doing cartwheels across the PAW after the game(I'm 62 with a bad back...) if it expressed how I felt for all of CLEMSON. AS I said Saturday night, I know my Dad is smiling. He's been gone almost three years.

Dabo, you keep up your intensity.

Fo now, "I Don't Give a Crap, too....Let's Play Football".

Go Tigers, Beat the Seminoles!!!!

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic