Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is with all the hate on Dabo suddenly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 126
| visibility 1

What is with all the hate on Dabo suddenly

Jun 1, 2011, 9:21 PM

From what I know, he is still "OUR" head coach!!!

He just made tremendous off-season hires that improved our staff 10-fold.

We just landed argueably our best recruiting class "EVER"!

Man give him at least a minute to breathe.

Dude, chill out!!!

We have a new offense the ACC has not seen at all,like ever.
If you don't think that gives us at least a little advantage you are crazy

We have a tremendous amount of talent headed our way and yes, they are qualified to play for us!!!

how about we all just sit back drink a few adult beverages and see how this thing pans out over the next couple of years, cause I hate to say it to you losers, but he has at least two more coming!!

I hate to say it to you losers who want to give up, but I see good things coming to Clemson Football.

Look at the changes, the recruiting class last year, and the recruits that have us in their top 5 right now for next years class. Get over yourselves and settle in for Clemson's return to Greatness!!

When the time comes I will call for a change, but right now this is utterly ridiculous!

Real Tiger Fans unite, lets root for our team and when the time comes we will do what it is we need to do, but until then either support them or get the H3ll off the boat.

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: What is with all the hate on Dabo suddenly- I agree

Jun 1, 2011, 9:23 PM

Hate on Hootie and / or Hatfield. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is with all the hate on Dabo suddenly- I agree

Jun 1, 2011, 9:51 PM

And or, WEST!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well played- what about Lennon

Jun 1, 2011, 10:02 PM

too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is with all the hate on Dabo suddenly

Jun 1, 2011, 9:50 PM

You are correct about our new offence. Remeber the way GT went through the ACC with the tripple option before anybody figure out how to stop it. The difference with our new offence is, it will be easier to recruit the type of player we need to keep it running....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2011, 10:07 PM

Think our offenSe will be great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2011, 10:10 PM

Good post. Hard not to be excited about our future! Go Tigers!

Well...

Jun 1, 2011, 11:40 PM

losing season
getting crushed by the #####
bush league handling of OC and QB situation
all while making fantastic money

I'd take just a minute before you award him a lifetime contract.

We will NEVER be great w Dabo running the show!

Jun 1, 2011, 11:50 PM

Hope Im wrong but I doubt it. He can recruit but is way over his head as a head coach.

Jun 1, 2011, 11:43 PM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.
It was just building up I guess. Got to throw out some,
"Fire (insert Clemson Coach) NOW!"

We should probably go ahead and just fire whomever we hire after dabo... just so we get it out of our system.

Suddenly?***

Jun 2, 2011, 12:06 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2011, 12:32 AM

I've only seen a couple of topics on here all week that could be translated as "hate on Dabo;" the jokes about OSU hiring Dabo, and the Rich Rod discussions. It seems normal around here to me.

If Dabo and Morris are given a fair shot then they need three years, IMO....as long as they're showing improvement. Some on here are putting way too much pressure on Morris to turn it around in just one year. Everyone wants Morris to be the next Malzahn, which he could, but is everyone willing to be patient if we go 6-6 or 7-5 this year, and maybe next? Malzahn's first regular season at Auburn was 7-5. Then last season Cam came along, who could make any coach look like a genius.

Besides Cam the other difference between Auburn 2010 and Clemson 2012 is Tubberville's 2008 resignation was much smoother than Bowden's 2008 departure. Auburn never missed a beat in recruiting like Clemson. When Bowden left in the middle of the season several top recruits dropped like flies, leaving us with the "Danzy Dozen." The 2009 class those 12 (11 W/O J.K. Jay) players came from will be seniors next year. The lack of receivers from that class showed last season, and the lack of O-linemen will show on the depth chart this season, and then the starting rotation in 2012.

If everyone really thinks we finally have the right coaches then you need to be fair by being patient through the first two years. If you run them out of town over 7-5, or another loss to the gamecocks then be prepared to start from scratch again....

Jun 2, 2011, 5:32 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You guys need to listen to this guy. He knows what he is talking about.

Jun 2, 2011, 6:59 AM

Nice post. I also think we need to give at least 2 more seasons. There are way to many ?'s going into this year. New qb, new offense,new starters at corner,lack of d line experience etc. Plus a very tough schedule.

It's called transferrence...

Jun 2, 2011, 7:17 AM

Whatever it is in their lives that makes them miserable, they want to make d@mn sure they have rest of the Clemson Family as company in their misery.

And it isn't just Dabo and the football team. They were hating on Brownell, about how his team was going to choke and never make the NCAA. "we'll lose out and hello NIT!" I believe the chorus went.

Then it was hating on Leggett, how the team was awful and how we'd be lucky to make the regionals, much less host.

Now that they've been thwarted in their opportunity to complain about either of those, they're looking ahead, plotting to fill the DT with moaning and hate about a team that hasn't taken a snap yet.

It's actually very shrewd -- or sad, depending on their reasons for doing so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good summary Rev! To the point in your usual style.

Jun 2, 2011, 7:29 AM

No matter what happens, this type of "fan" can always come out on top. If the season is good, they'll just jump on the bandwagon and celebrate with the rest of us. If the season goes south, they'll simply sing "I told you so" from the highest branch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called transferrence...

Jun 2, 2011, 7:31 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

as usual, Rev, you are spot on with your comments. This "hate" for Dabo has been there all along. Some people just are not satisfied unless they are complaining about something. They squelched their hate somewhat after signing day because of the big haul we pulled in, but now that we have a kid in our own backyard giving his commitment to an out of state school, the hate is back. It doesn't matter that it's still 8 months away from signing day 2012 and that verbal commitments are non-binding. Nor does it matter that we currently have 3 or 4 TEs on our roster and an offense that doesn't really need more than 1 at a time. I think if we want this kid we will get him. Just not sure there is a huge need for a TE in this class.

Re: It's called transferrence...

Jun 2, 2011, 7:58 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

Very well stated rev, I agree 100%.

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

while that may be true...

Jun 2, 2011, 8:06 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

for some, I don't think it's fair to describe the majority that way.
No, the added component I think you're missing is the normal uptick in DT chatter about how great we'll be this upcoming season "IF....".

That generates pushback from the people who were/are pessemistic about Dabo's hire AND from those who are... let us say realistic... about all the question marks coming into the season. We all know that it's not realistic to expect multiple true freshmen to come in and be gme changers like we need them to, and we all know what happened the last time we got an OC from a mid-major conference.

Then there's the 'in your face' nature of people like the original poster. "Dabo's going to be here for X number of years, so deal!!"... is in no way going to ease people's minds who think he wasn't qualified to begin with and question the Clemson admin's commitment to football by his very hiring, much less keeping him on for half a decade like some people want to do while already steeling themselves for a potential bad 2011.

This is the natural back and forth this hiring was bound to produce; some think of him as a brand new hire like any other coach and deserving of 4~5 years of evaluation while others think of him as a holdover from the old staff who needed to show something immediately due to his lack of qualifications. It will be resolved, in my mind at least, when he wins the ACC or is fired. THEN we'll all be on the same page more or less.

To be sure, there's room for doubt...

Jun 2, 2011, 8:41 AM

...for concern and even some pre-season trepedation. We're walking into season 3 with a whole new setup, and while I'm as usual overly optimistic because there's no gain in being otherwise, I appreciate the reservations many have stated.

But those who seem absolutely unable to see anything but the worst in any Clemson sport, to spew their bile toward any leader of the sons of Clemson or anything involving our university ... those are the people who need to look into their own dreary world and confront whatever is making them so ####-bent of sharing that special brand of misery with the rest of us.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those same people tried to downplay the win

Jun 2, 2011, 8:49 AM

against Coastal earlier this year by saying Coastal was terrible this year and they had lost all of last year's talent. And where is Coastal now ? Some people see negatives everywhere they look.Wonder what their expectations about the Pearly Gates are?( Not to open a discussion of religion here -probably know their comments there too).

Re: To be sure, there's room for doubt...

Jun 2, 2011, 8:57 AM [ in reply to To be sure, there's room for doubt... ]

very well said REV!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make good points. I'm happy to see it

Jun 2, 2011, 9:16 PM [ in reply to while that may be true... ]

Here's the deal, for both sides. Stop the speculation. No one can predict how next season will turn out, nor can they predict two or three years out. Our coaching staff is set. The players are training. Let's wait until gameday to judge the team. DT blows.

Amen Rev!***

Jun 2, 2011, 8:35 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

Good insightful post! Good job, Rev.***

Jun 2, 2011, 8:47 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why Rev is my favorite poster on TNet...

Jun 2, 2011, 9:00 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

well done, yet again, sir.

null

I respectfully disagree

Jun 2, 2011, 9:11 AM [ in reply to It's called transferrence... ]

If anything the interest & passion in Clemson football has declined over the past 20 years. Why? Probably because we haven't won an ACC title or competed in a "big bowl" in 20+ years.

There are always going to be fans (and people in general) that are never satisfied & always take the pessimist POV. However, I feel the vast majority of the dissatisfied are simply frustrated. We have seen programs come & go while Clemson has remained above average with an occasional 9 win season. Many of us remember when we used to have 9 to 10 win seasons regularly. Clemson has the best fans in the ACC, a storied tradition, great school & Death Valley. What has held us back for 20 years?

It's not a "Dabo" thing its a lack of winning. I agree Dabo needs some time (and I hope he is the answer) but if it's not working PLEASE don't give him Bowden time.

I can agree on the timing. TB was given too much time to

Jun 2, 2011, 9:18 AM

get over the hump. If 2003 had not come along with the amazing finish--beating FSU and Tennessee and destroying USuC 63-17--TB would have been gone then and there.

Dabo must be given time but never the time TB was given. Dabo needs to start winning some meaningful games this year. Just my 2 cents.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's the real debate...

Jun 2, 2011, 9:23 AM

how much time is enough?
He's 15-15 against teams with a pulse since he took over. He doesn't really have a signature win(Miami was nice but they haven't been MIAMI lately and we all know it). His worst losses are to SC to whom he lost 2 in a row for the first time in 40 years.

Clearly if he does well this year the talk dies down, but what if we don't do well? When do you pull the string? He just hired Morris and conventional wisdom is that you should give them this and nxt year and see what shakes out. That's 4.5 years he would have been here. That's too long for such an 'experiment' hire IMHO.

I think 4 years is about right for any hire

Jun 2, 2011, 10:29 AM

the 1/2 year counts on his record, but he did not have full control of the off season and other things he changed.

I think it is this year and next year and if it does not get any better with these recruits he is probably out the door.

normally I agree...

Jun 2, 2011, 11:17 AM

but Dabo was anything but a normal hire.

He was already in place, so he had a direct hand in the players already on hand. Means that the normal 'Gotta get his guys in' stuff doesn't apply. Especially since he kept the scheme the same.

He was completely untested. Deep down in places I don't think he talks about, I believe that TDP truly though we were poised to break out and thought Bowden was either the thing holding us back OR that the team was talented enough to overcome and growing pains Dabo was sure to have. I don't think he was correct in that and I don't think a complete neophyte should get as much leash as an established coach. You bring in Saban, you better beleive I give him 5 years before peep one. What exactly does Dabo have in his record to fall back on? Nothing. No track record of success except in recruiting, which apparently was smoke and mirrors because we're still now waiting on true freshmen to be 'saviors of the program'.

We were a good team already. Dabo didn't walk into a situation most coaches do, or that Bowden did back in '99 when we were terrible. Bowden had us as an 8~9 win team regular. For Dabo to even keep us there jsut mean treading water and then why pay Bowden 3.5 mil to go sit on a beach? You make that move to IMPROVE. And we haven't.

So yeah, normally I'm a 'give the guy time' person. But this particular hire? It was a screw up, and I think should have been rectified after last season with a full scale replacement of the staff. Having said that, I think the moves Dabo has made this offseason are positive. But if we only win 6~7 games and lose 3 in a row to SC... then again I will think there should be full scale replacement of the staff.

Excellent post! Had I wrote that it would be flamed for days

Jun 2, 2011, 1:17 PM

TNET is like high school. Most on here post emotionally, not rationally, and popularity is based on how much kool aid you drink and sunshine you pump, not facts or rationality.

If you "had wrote" that for a college English professor

Jun 2, 2011, 1:22 PM

you'd have gotten an "F" for grammar as well as an "F" content

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, I don't edit my TNET posts. My BS from CU and my MS

Jun 2, 2011, 1:35 PM

from CofC prove I'm educated and I'm quite articulate. Besides, any great writer knows to write for his audience. The TNET audience isn't too bright as a whole so my country voice comes out when I post.

Regardless, I love how people attack something they don't like NOT by refuting the facts, but nit picking irrelevant points! Sadly it only makes you and people that point you look childish and petty!

Ignorance is no excuse....

Jun 2, 2011, 1:37 PM

for your convoluted views or your bad grammar.

And blaming your shortcomings on others is so very, very lame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not blaming shortcomings on anyone and my views

Jun 2, 2011, 1:51 PM

are not convoluted. They are fact & reason based, but again, that appears convoluted to those that deny reason and think irrationally & emotionally.

And again, you're attacking the messenger rather than refuting the facts.

Actually, you guys are proving my point for me so convincingly. Rather than attack the other guy or his rational post, you attack me for my approval of the post. You're acting exactly like the emotional, irrational, childish folks you are! You're stoning the person who dare call you out. Majority nor Mob rule means you are correct or right, just the loudest.

It's really sad so many grown men attack others for simply holding a different view point, especially a view point more closely in line with reality and facts.

Your opinions are "fact & reason based"??? LMAO.

Jun 2, 2011, 5:05 PM

You misspelled "insanity".

How's it going ol' buddy,cuddy.It's been nice without you***

Jun 3, 2011, 3:54 PM

Speaking of Childish and Petty

Jun 2, 2011, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Look, I don't edit my TNET posts. My BS from CU and my MS ]

have you ever said anything good about Clemson. I looked back through your posting history and saw a lot of negative stuff about Jack Leggett and Dabo and a ton of political stuff.

I was just wondering what you thought about Clemson that may be positive.

LOL! Holding an opinion is petty, but attackig that person

Jun 2, 2011, 2:00 PM

and flaming them based on emotions and because you disagree with their opinion isn't petty or childish at all? Right?

I've posted plenty of things, very few negative, most are totally devoid of judgment, but fact and reason based. They only seem negative to petty childish people who have skewed view points. To them, not positive = negative. Just because to YOU it isn't positive doesn't mean it's negative.

I love Clemson dearly.

You folks want only positive things posted. Everything else is banned. Dissenting voices attacked and drowned out, censored, extinguished. That's akin to "group think" and the policy of Marxist & Communist governments.

I can tell you this, nothing ever got fixed or changed by drowning out rational voices or by mob rule.

Great coaches, leaders, business executives didn't get great pumping sunshine or drinking Kool Aid. They got great by obsessing over the bad things, the broken things, the little nit picky things, and by asking how can we take what we're doing good and do it even better.

Re: LOL! Holding an opinion is petty, but attackig that person

Jun 2, 2011, 2:02 PM

seems to me the only thing you love dearly is blue cootie, you seem to like to see yourself say the same things over and over again.

lol ok. if i say the same things over and over then

Jun 2, 2011, 2:33 PM

aren't you equally silly and wanting to see yourself and think highly of yourself if you feel the need to flame me repeatedly as well?

Re: lol ok. if i say the same things over and over then

Jun 2, 2011, 2:37 PM

yep that is about right. luckily you are in a very small minority of goobers that live to denigrate the school you say you love. so as long as you are allowed to spew your venom i will be here to lol and make fun of it.

Fail!! I have never ever said 1 bad word about CU. Never!!

Jun 2, 2011, 3:24 PM

I have questioned people and their abilities because CU is great and can be better. I question the people hurting Clemson, hindering CU from being the best it can be!

Re: Fail!! I have never ever said 1 bad word about CU. Never!!

Jun 2, 2011, 3:26 PM

fail, perfect word for blue cootie

As usual, make false statements and attack me but no proof.***

Re: As usual, make false statements and attack me but no proof.***

Jun 2, 2011, 3:28 PM

speaking the truth is not an attack. i will leave it to others to comment.

Show me 1 post where I ever wrote anything negative about

Jun 2, 2011, 3:33 PM

Clemson or Clemson University? Without proof you are voicing an opinion, a false one. Thus falsely attacking/accusing me. Thus you are lying!

The reality is I repeatedly post how much I love Clemson and how I want the best for Clemson.

If I hated Clemson I would support Barker, Dabo, TB, and others because I'd sing the praises of those hurting CU. Go read other fan boards. Go read FGF. They hope we keep Dabo forever. If I hated CU, I'd be on here singing Dabo's praises, not calling for his head!

Re: Show me 1 post where I ever wrote anything negative about

Jun 2, 2011, 3:35 PM

keep up the good work blue cootie.

As I thought. Talk talk talk, no poof! No facts! No beef!***

Jun 2, 2011, 3:41 PM

Re: As I thought. Talk talk talk, no poof! No facts! No beef!***

Jun 2, 2011, 3:43 PM

blue cootie talking about talking. the thing he does in paragraph after paragraph of worthless drivel.

pot meet kettle***

Jun 2, 2011, 3:46 PM

You're a joke. Everyone knows that. Even you.***

Jun 2, 2011, 4:42 PM

Is ranting about how we need to fire Dabo is good

Jun 2, 2011, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Show me 1 post where I ever wrote anything negative about ]

for Clemson.

All I am saying is that he hasn't been in place long enough to know if he is good or bad for Clemson.

his 1st full year we made the Conference Championship Game - Good for Clemson

His first Full year won a Bowl Game - Good for Clemson

His 2nd Full Year losing record - Bad for Clemson

Lost twice in a row to the Coots - Bad for Clemson

Followed the losing season with coaching changes of high quality replacements in essence a better staff - Good for Clemson

Landed the #8 recruiting Class in the Nation - Good for Clemson

Where is all the Bad for Clemson you are talking about? I only have 2 listed

LOL! Seriously? ...........

Jun 2, 2011, 3:55 PM

His first year we had incredible talent. That team could have done that well without a coach!

We lost to an atrocious MD team.

We got spanked by USC.

His 2nd year, really year 2.5, in a weak conference and weaker division with a 12 game schedule with at least 3 or 4 guaranteed wins we went 5-7. I'm sorry, but with our talent in the ACC any average high school coach could go 5-7 or better!

We got spanked by USC again!

You guys say "he won the division" but ignore he then went 5-7 the next year.

Shouldn't he get better not worse?

And you say he made positive hires that will improve the team. You can in no way say that. Morris is a risky hire, a questionable hire. He is totally unproven. Jeff Scott has more college coaching experience. You want Jeff Scott as our OC? I mean, he's qualified based on the way your logic.

Your selective memory left out some pretty big negatives!

you mean 6-6 not 5-7?

Jun 2, 2011, 4:02 PM

and yes he should get better, but you said yourself we had tremendous talent in year 1. It all graduated!!!!

That is one way to get worse

I am so glad my life is good enough that I do not have to think of a way to make every situation BAD!!

yea. 6-6 reg season with at least 4 guaranteed wins before

Jun 2, 2011, 4:13 PM

the season even started.

Every team has guaranteed wins before the season starts.

Jun 2, 2011, 4:47 PM

Fail.

The reason I disagree

Jun 2, 2011, 1:36 PM [ in reply to normally I agree... ]

is you don't hire an inexperienced coach like Dabo and then fire him 2-3 years later for being inexperienced. When you make a hire like that you need to be ready to ride out the growing pains like last season and help the coach grow and become better.

I also wouldn't say the scheme was the same because Dabo brought in a new OC and DC. Anytime you do that there will be problems and growing pains.

You just cant try to build a program by going through 2 coaches in 3 years we already have a disadvantage because of our 12 man recruiting class in 2009. Another one of those would be awful for the program and would get rid of any momentum we currently have.

Also how is his recruiting "smoke and mirrors" when we have had 11 players drafted over the last 2 years with a couple more on NFL rosters.

if you just stopped after...

Jun 2, 2011, 1:53 PM

...'you don't hire an inexperienced coach like Dabo...' then we would would agree.
;)

Look, in a sense you're correct. And perhaps TDP et. al. are prepared to ride out those growing pains because he thinks he's got something special(in that case no one being at the bowl and the 6% drop in season ticket sales shouldn't bother him). I hope he's right, really do. But don't ask those of us howling all along that you don't hire a WR coach to be the head coach of a supposed football school to like that OR the long timeline some are willing to grant. After all, the first thing you do when you find you're walking in the wrong direction? You turn around.

As to scheme; it basically was the same but the differences don't matter for the point I was making. Napier and Dabo being co-coordinators these past few years ran Spence's playbook without the excessive bubble screens is all. They still want to be a spread it out type offense which means we didn't have to change things up from a body type standpoint(like Rich Rod at Michigan going from ground and pound to the spread).

You CAN build a program up by going through 2 coaches in 3 years if you get the right coach. The arguments for sticking with Dabo at this point seem to be all along the lines of 'Something worse might happen if we don't keep him.' Damning by faint praise indeed.

I say that recruiting is smoke and mirrors because Dabo's strength is recruiting; he's been here long enough to have recruited all the guys on the roster; but we're still looking at true freshmen to come in and 'turn things around'. That being the case, those 'great recruits' from years earlier that are upperclassmen... well that doesn't speak too highly of them. And cool that they got drafted, but eventually that works against you as a coach too. Hey, they can play in the NFL but you can't beat South Florida? Huh?

Two coaches in 3 years is intellectually dishonest. TB was

Jun 2, 2011, 2:11 PM [ in reply to The reason I disagree ]

here for 10 years and Dabo was not an outsider.

You judge how long a HC should get based on WHY he was hired. What were the expectations. Every coach doesn't get the same amount of time. It's situational. When Dabo was hired it was because we thought everything was in place and TB was holding us back. A younger more enthusiastic coach was thought to be the missing ingredient. Once you realize that wasn't the case, the faster you throw that batter out and start over fresh the faster you'll get a great cake!!

TB milked 10 years by TB pumpers asking for more time every time TB hired a new OC. So if Morris doesn't work out and 2 or 3 years from now you Dabo pumpers won't be blaming Dabo but Morris begging for more staff changes and saying Dabo needs more time for the new guys to coach our players up and install their system. Or now Dabo needs more time to recruit the right players for the new system.

You guys never give in, you never blame the right person, the HC. It becomes a cycle.

The truth is, good coaches make an immediate impact. Charlie Pell made an immediate impact with the players already here and went 18-4-1 in only two years and won the ACC.

Firing Dabo after this year would be a terrible move...

Jun 2, 2011, 2:21 PM

Players win ball games. Players like coaching stability. Lose coaching stability... lose players... lose ball games.

If you think it's bad now, then wait how bad it will be in 2012 if Dabo is fired this year.

null

lol wow clueless. so keeping a bad coach is better than

Jun 2, 2011, 2:35 PM

firing a bad coach to get a good coach?

lol

players want to win, they don't care who the coach is as long as he's a winner.

I don't have proof yet that Dabo is a bad coach...

Jun 2, 2011, 2:37 PM

Sample size is too small.

After a couple more years, the sample size will be big enough.

null

objective people have seen enough. just like TB, still fools

on here saying he should still be coach.

Re: objective people have seen enough. just like TB, still fools

Jun 2, 2011, 3:27 PM

hence the term groundhog day. you are a carbon copy of that movie.

pot meet kettle.***

Jun 2, 2011, 3:28 PM

You're the entire cookware set.***

Jun 2, 2011, 4:56 PM

2 years is not enough in the college football coaching world

Jun 2, 2011, 3:42 PM [ in reply to objective people have seen enough. just like TB, still fools ]

You don't have to be objective to know that.

null

lol yes if hiring a proven coach and cleaning house. you

Jun 2, 2011, 4:00 PM

dabo lovers just won't admit the truth, hiring dabo was an experiment, a gamble. yes, hiring any coach is a gamble, but not all gambles have the same odds. professional gamblers aren't really gamblers. they know the odds and have years of experience. hiring a proven coach is like a professional gambler playing black jack. hiring dabo was like betting your mortgage on one spin of the roulette wheel. one is calculated and has a very small margin in the house's favor. the other is just stupid.

Of course it was a gamble. Non-gambles are few and far

Jun 2, 2011, 4:59 PM

between. Regardless, sometimes gambles pay off bigtime... the cards haven't all been laid out on this one.

I mean, heck, Ball Sack was a supposed non-gamble, yet he's only had one decent season (not any better than Dabo's good year) in 6 seasons. And he's got the coots in trouble with the NCAA too. Forget that crap, Sack sucks!

The point of saying 2 coaches in 3 years

Jun 2, 2011, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Two coaches in 3 years is intellectually dishonest. TB was ]

is its affect on recruiting, the fanbase, and the perception of the team. Anytime you fire a coach changes occur in all three of those things. It happens anytime a coach is fired no matter how long they have been there or for what reason the next coach was hired.

Charlie Pell put 2 teams on probation and was unable to find another coaching job after being forced to resign at Florida.

Most so called "pumpers" are taking a wait and see approach and believe Dabo should get 2-3 years to improve. Anybody who thought there would be no growing pains when switching to Dabo is a fool.

I know to you fixing problems is simple, you just call up Mike Tomlin offer him a bag of money and we start winning national championships. Thats not how it works, you have to be patient and understand that things are not always as bad as they may appear to you.

LOL! see you folks argue out both sides your mouth. You said

Jun 2, 2011, 3:22 PM

hire Dabo to save the recruiting class, but it fell apart. Had we hired a proven coach the recruiting would have been better.

So what if Pell got teams on probation. That was for recruiting. It has zero to do with my point that good coaches get instant results with the players already on hand. They don't need 3 to 5 years to PROVE they can get it done.

YES they might need 3 to 5 years to win big, but a good coach will make an instant impact and then have improvement built on top of that early success.

Pumpers are NOT taking a "wait & see" approach. That by definition isn't a pumper. Pumpers are the fools on here building up expectations based purely on emotions. So you lose credibility by simply not even knowing the definition of "pumper".

Um, also, paying a great coach a lot of money is EXACTLY how it works. That's why other schools serious about winning do it! I guess you forgot Myer & Saban won the NC in their 2nd season. Pell went 11-1 at CU his 2nd season. How did Dabo do year 2.5? Oh yea, we had a losing season! Fail!!

And the reason me and others were anti-Dabo BEFORE he was hired is because we knew there would be growing pains when CU had everything in place to win NOW! Dabo himself said the expectation is to win NOW, not 2 or 3 years down the road. I guess you also forgot his famous "nothing is broken, we just need an oil change" speech!!

I see you are unable to have a rational argument

Jun 2, 2011, 3:43 PM

Too much agenda driving and pumper/dumper nonsense for me.

Just about every coach ever hired as gotten 3-5 years to prove they can get it done.

Dabo is doing alright and even with our terrible season last year we were 1 field goal away from playing in the conference championship for the 2nd year in a row.

Charlie Pell cheated. It is much easier to win when you are playing by different rules than everyone else. If he was a great coach then he would have been hired by somebody else.

Please show me where I said Dabo should be hired to save the recruiting class.

You show 2 examples of "great" coaches that were paid a lot and won while their are many examples of the complete opposite (Holtz, Weiss, Chizik, etc.). The truth is you never know how good a coach will be regardless of their past achievements.

Because most new hires are true new hires and the

Jun 2, 2011, 4:08 PM

staff is new and new systems. Dabo was already here, the staff was barely changed, the system was barely changed. not the same thing.

pell did not win by cheating. his cheating was in recruiting, not on the field. his players never played under him at clemson. he went 18-4 with players already at clemson. pell was also hugely successful at florida on the field. his cheating had to do with recruiting, not his coaching ability. he was a great football coach, but a dirty recruiter.

"the system was barely changed."... what are you talking

Jun 2, 2011, 4:46 PM

about? The system was COMPLETELY different.

That's because he couldn't care less about being rational.

Jun 2, 2011, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I see you are unable to have a rational argument ]

His sole mission in life is to create a stir on his rival's website. He actually feels like he's accomplishing things. LOL, can you imagine that? The guy has some SERIOUS issues.

what pisses me off

Jun 2, 2011, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I can agree on the timing. TB was given too much time to ]

is tommy is NEVER gonna get the credit for getting this program off the matt did he win titles no...but he did win despite never getting the support from the administration with regards to facility upgrades.....but to his fault to...he was too loyal at times with regards to assistants...but heck tommy made us relevant again in recruiting and got us off our backs

I imagine some people are taking a wait and see

Jun 2, 2011, 7:57 AM

approach instead of already ordaining the new hires a 10 fold increase and a guaranteed return to greatness.

You're actually making it harder on Dabo with posts like yours. Because now people expect more than they should.

Dabo's undoing is going to be unrealistic expectations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

When is the annual preseason national championship parade

Jun 2, 2011, 8:06 AM

down Assembly Street this year in Columbia ? Who would know more about unrealistic expectations than a coot ?

BTW were you alive in '69 ?

Re: When is the annual preseason national championship para

Jun 2, 2011, 8:29 AM

Gotta wait until clemson holds theirs

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My goodness ur a joke.***

Jun 2, 2011, 1:10 PM

null

He knows, yet he doesn't care. There's something very, very

Jun 2, 2011, 4:48 PM

wrong with that. Must be a uSC thing.

Thank you! Been trying to tell them that for months!! Dabo

Jun 2, 2011, 1:30 PM [ in reply to I imagine some people are taking a wait and see ]

was NEVER going to get a great OC. No established OC would stake his reputation on such a gamble unless he were told he'd get the HC job if Dabo failed, but since we didn't clean house hiring Dabo, it's unlikely you have 2 consecutive new HC's hired off the incumbent staff. Any established OC would recognize this. Nope, the next HC will be a house cleaning hire.

That leaves us with a high school coach as an OC. Anyone Dabo hired as OC would be a questionable hire because they would be small school/small conference type hires. Yet these Dabo pumpers go gaga over this guy when he has less college coaching experience than even Jeff Scott. They sling around terms like "great hire" yet they is absolutely nothing to base that on.

I keep telling them to chill. Be rational. Even if he does great this year with his gimmicky offense, there is no guarantee that success will be consistent. See GT and their offense! Morris has never seen speed, skill, and depth, e.g. quality defenses, like he is going to face this year. Teams will adjust.

All they do by being so irrationally exuberant is create a bigger fall from grace and backlash from the rational fans. Then they get all bent when told "we told you so". If you aren't out there being irrational and flaming the rational people and calling them names, then you better be ready to get blasted when you are proven wrong.

Can't wait to watch you crumble like a cheap tent.***

Jun 2, 2011, 4:49 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more when it comes to politics

Jun 2, 2011, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Thank you! Been trying to tell them that for months!! Dabo ]

but you're spot on that post.

The Dynamic Duo agree sooo it must be true...***

Jun 3, 2011, 2:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post***

Jun 3, 2011, 2:21 PM [ in reply to I imagine some people are taking a wait and see ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Few things you forgot

Jun 2, 2011, 8:31 AM

Just went 6-7 against a weak schedule, lost 2 in a row to biggest rival, lost more defensive talent from last year than maybe any team in recent history.

Dabo has to beat the coots this year or he is GONE!!

Jun 2, 2011, 8:35 AM

Plain and simple....losing 3 in a row to that bunch of morons would be a first class ticket out of here. JUST BEAT THE COOTS!

Dabo will be better than Danny Ford in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 2, 2011, 9:02 AM

And all you lit punks will eat your words.

Re: Dabo will be better than Danny Ford in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 2, 2011, 3:52 PM

Ummm...no

No, not true. We could go 0-12 this year

Jun 2, 2011, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Dabo has to beat the coots this year or he is GONE!! ]

and because of his excellent recruiting and his new staff, he would still be here in 2012. A losing season then and he's gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't think the hate is sudden. Seems to have been going

Jun 2, 2011, 9:08 AM

on for a while

Yes, from coots like you pretending to be Tigers

Jun 2, 2011, 10:26 AM

LOL

You are cooterific^^^^^^***

Jun 2, 2011, 2:39 PM

Baseball season is coming to a close...

Jun 2, 2011, 9:27 AM

so it's Dabo's turn now. Don't worry Brownell will get his fair share starting around Oct. or Nov.

Anyone complaining about Brownell...

Jun 2, 2011, 9:28 AM

really is as Rev says... just looking for something to be pissed about.
Dude can coach and everyone knows we don't get a fair shake in conference.

Re: Anyone complaining about Brownell...

Jun 2, 2011, 9:37 AM

I agree 100%. I'm just saying once b-ball season comes into view, somebody on here will find something to b**** about.

He needs to beat USuC ASAP.

Jun 2, 2011, 11:56 AM

That is all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 2, 2011, 12:38 PM

Good post - GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton

Jun 2, 2011, 1:06 PM

of dissatisfaction BEFORE he was hired at how he was the focus before and during that bogus "national" coaching search.

This is why you can't have a reasonable conversation with Dabo pumpers. They are like liberals. So deeply in denial and so invested in their "emotional" view point, they can't see the facts and obvious truth.

Re: Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton

Jun 2, 2011, 1:08 PM

Do you have any more success getting your personal political point of view across to liberals?

You must be a ton of fun at parties.

Actually I am fun at parties and no one can successfully

Jun 2, 2011, 1:37 PM

debate with liberals, or sunshine pumpers, because you can't debate with irrational people.

Re: Actually I am fun at parties and no one can successfully

Jun 2, 2011, 1:42 PM

yep i bet people come from miles away just to be in your presence at parties. you got to be the life of the party.

You don't have any friends. LOL, what parties do you go to?

Jun 2, 2011, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Actually I am fun at parties and no one can successfully ]

Plus, I saw where you previously said you had a couple friends on here but they denied ever meeting you. Speaks volumes about your insanity.

Speaking of transferrence....

Jun 2, 2011, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton ]

...anyone who hasn't transferred BC to the Ignore list...here's your chance!

Yes, because rational, realistic, intellectually honest, ...

Jun 2, 2011, 1:42 PM

reasonable, and thought provoking people should be ignored at all costs. We should only allow irrationally exuberant folks that post based on emotions to hold court on TNET. Let the kool aid sunshine pumping crowd rejoice and sing Kumbaya!

You're the polar opposite of all those adjectives.

Jun 2, 2011, 5:02 PM

You shouldn't be ignored... You need help.

what I meant was, it had all quieted down for quite some

Jun 2, 2011, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton ]

time, and it just seemed of late to rejuvenate itself.

I thought everyone, after the good assistant hires and recruiting class, seemed to be taking a more wait and see approach til something changed.

That's all

How can you judge the hires as "good" until we actually

Jun 2, 2011, 3:40 PM

play some games?

We didn't hire an OC with big time DI experience. We hired a guy 1 year removed from high school. With all the qualified OCs in college FB we hire a high school coach? You see that as a "good" hire? Many on here say a "great" hire.

Objective folks would say it's a questionable hire by a HC that lacks the credibility to hire a proven OC. How it turns out will be determined on the field. It may or may not be successful. Time will tell. But it is a questionable hire by a school that considers itself a serious FB school.

These kind of experiments are done by small schools, like where Morris was, or PC hiring Bentley. Big schools typically only hire these guys AFTER proving themselves on the smaller stage. You work your way up. You EARN with success on the field.

Robbie Caldwell was a great hire. Steele was a great hire.

Jun 2, 2011, 4:54 PM

Charlie Harbison was a great hire. Dan Brooks was a great hire. Coach Hobby was a great hire. Dan Pearman was a good hire. Scott Jr has shown his value as a recruiter, and let's see what he can do with some depth. Elliot has already reaped benefits on the recruiting trail, and Coach Morris is respected in the football business - we'll see how he works out.

Any other questions?

What is and who are these "Dabo Pumpers". You've been asked

Jun 2, 2011, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton ]

that question dozens of times yet you have never provided any examples.

More proof you're FOS.

You're so funny.

Jun 2, 2011, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Suddenly? It was a very controversial hire. There was a ton ]

You post about everyone else being "invested in their emotional viewpoint", but every Dabo hating post you make is dripping with emotion.

Jun 2, 2011, 3:21 PM

Right On! I loved your comments. It's absolutely too early to pass judgement. Give him the opportunity to get the program on a solid footing, and build a strong program, which I think he will do.
He has made the coaching changes that will be beneficial for the future.
Most people don't understand, regardless of your profession, that there is a "learning curve", you have to constantly adjust to your job and how to get the most out of what you've got, in players and coaches.
Dabo will be one of the better Tiger coaches!

You learn by working your way up. It's called .........

Jun 2, 2011, 3:45 PM

proven experience!

Is your company run by a guy that jut graduated from college?

Is your department run by a guy 1 year removed from high school?

Good thing we don't elect Presidents like we hire FB coaches! Oops! Wait. We did! And how is that turning out? You think Obama and the DNC are gonna run a re-election campaign based on ..... "come on folks, you knew I was inexperienced, but I'm learning, I just need 4 more years then I'll get it right, I promise!!".

Bush was experienced, and he was a moron.

Jun 2, 2011, 4:55 PM

Next question.

Re: Bush was experienced, and he was a moron.

Jun 2, 2011, 4:58 PM

are talking about Geo W.Bush??? he was GREAT!!!!!! end of discussion!!

Jun 2, 2011, 3:30 PM

All in All in All in

talented coaching + talented players = championships

Dabo is a winner, not a weiner.

Jun 2, 2011, 3:51 PM

Isn't that a congressman?

Jun 2, 2011, 3:51 PM

I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm. We NEED that right now.

I will wait before I say anything about improvements to our staff...need to wait on outcomes.

suddenly???

Jun 2, 2011, 3:52 PM

ye he made changes to save his butt.....but he never should have been hired....that bein said i hope he does succeed cuz if he doesnt it means we arent having good seasons.......we got what we got now

best class ever??? seriously....

Jun 3, 2011, 2:21 PM

I watched team in the 80's kick out multiple drafts picks off both sides of the ball along with special team players to the NFL. I don't think this was the best ever. VERY VERY good but I think you can determine how good they are in a few years....little early now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true

Jun 3, 2011, 2:23 PM

I did stretch it a bot and was only comparing it to recent times.

I miss phrased it and should have put a modern era spin to it.

Thanks for the correction!

good post***

Jun 3, 2011, 2:29 PM

nit picking a bit, I did say argueably the best ever

Jun 3, 2011, 2:32 PM [ in reply to best class ever??? seriously.... ]

;)

but your statement is even more true as we need to see it pan out on the field before we crown them.

that's why most fans have a wait and see attitude

Jun 3, 2011, 2:35 PM

they've heard about these great players year after year and want to see results on the field.

Replies: 126
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic