Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford interview on Gamecock Central
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Danny Ford interview on Gamecock Central

May 9, 2011, 9:44 AM

Anyone have access and can give a brief run down of what the coach talked about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny Ford interview on Gamecock Central

May 9, 2011, 9:56 AM

Hope they paid him a lot. He never should grace their site with even a comment, much less an interview.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2011, 9:57 AM

Coach Ford's only communication with Gamecock Central should be his middle finger.........but he has a ton more class that that and certainly more than any of the snot suckers on fgf

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt he said anything nice to freaking coots.***

May 9, 2011, 10:13 AM

Re: I doubt he said anything nice to freaking coots.***

May 9, 2011, 10:55 AM

that would include you.....do you have any idea how unfunny, unclever, and boring your little game is........coot???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever coot***

May 9, 2011, 11:25 AM

Re: Whatever coot***

May 9, 2011, 11:34 AM

ditto

I think there's something wrong with that guy. Either that

May 9, 2011, 1:15 PM

or does a lot of drugs. Maybe both. Like you said, either way he's not the least bit funny or witty with his bizarre facade.

May 9, 2011, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford interview on Gamecock Central ]

has a "ton" more class? LOL. You are talking about Danny Ford, right? You can say a lot of things about the man, but he isn't classy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2011, 1:21 PM

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Danny Ford is all class so #### on you coot

I agree with this guy^^^^***

May 9, 2011, 2:19 PM

Re: I agree with this guy^^^^***

May 9, 2011, 8:44 PM

LOL, you are both coots, and have no idea what you are talking about. Danny was a hell of a coach, but class was not, and still is not a word used to describe him.

LOL, it is hard for you coots

May 10, 2011, 7:40 AM

to consider Danny classy, because he kicked your ##### every year and smiled while doing it.

I picture the interview would go something like this:

May 9, 2011, 10:27 AM

FGF: 'What was it like winning a national championship in football 30 years ago?'
Danny: 'Something you'll never experience. What was it like going 0-12?'
FGF: 'Many people say you shouldn't have won that national championship. What is your answer to that?'
Danny: 'No, only gamecock fans say that. And turns out that the majority of the sanctions came from two recruits prior to 1980 who never even stepped foot on a Clemson football field. That is why we never had to forfeit any games and the national title is still ours. The majority of the sanctions had nothing to do with that 1981 national championship. But ignorant gamecock fans don't look into these things.'
FGF: Oh well......we just won the national championship in baseball, and your national championship was 30 years ago.
Danny: I'm happy for you, but World War II was over 60 years ago, that doesn't make it any less significant.
FGF: Well, Spurrier is our coach.....and...um.....he's great....
Danny: Yeah, that's what I thought.

Re: I picture the interview would go something like this:

May 9, 2011, 1:50 PM

wish I could point this 1000 times!

well played

Just said how the rivalry has turned and is pretty much

May 9, 2011, 10:29 AM

even since he left.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also praised Lattimore***

May 9, 2011, 10:31 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14-7 is "even"??

May 9, 2011, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Just said how the rivalry has turned and is pretty much ]

Record of Clemson (vs South Carolina), 1990-2010
Site First Meeting Last Meeting Games Win % Wins Losses Ties Average Score
Any 1990 2010 21 0.667 14 7 25.95 20.81
Home 1990 2010 11 0.545 6 5 21.91 21.82
Away 1991 2009 10 0.800 8 2 30.40 19.70
Neutral

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1990&end=2010&team1=Clemson&team2=South+Carolina

Clemson is 14 - 7 against $CU since Danny left.

May 9, 2011, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Just said how the rivalry has turned and is pretty much ]

That's hardly what I would call "pretty much even".

Apparently Danny was familiar with his target audience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Danny didn't say that. He only said it's been

May 9, 2011, 11:56 AM

even recently.

Ford 7-3-1, Bowden 7-2....Hatfield, West, Swinney

May 9, 2011, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Just said how the rivalry has turned and is pretty much ]

Hatfield 3-1

West 3-2

Swinney 1-2*

I kind of have a hard time believing he actually said "ever since he left." Every FORMER Clemson coach since him has had a winning record, and that also included at least one beat down.

Ford's biggest beat down of the #####: 1989 45-0

Hatfield's biggest beat down: 1991 41-24

West's biggest beat down: 1995 38-17

Bowden's biggest beat down: 2003 63-17

Swinney, not a former coach, but one win: 2008 31-14

You cannot argue that the past two years we have not been as dominant, because it took the ##### 40 years to win two in a row. I cannot believe he would say ever since he left. No Clemson coach has had the success of him since he left, but the series with the ##### has remained the same, besides the 40 year back to back thing. If Swinney can pull out a win this year, then Danny Ford will actually be the only coach since Frank Howard with seniors that did not redshirt who did not leave with at least two wins against the gamecocks. 2-2 from 2008-2011 is greater than 1-2-1 from 1984-1987.

Actually West's biggest beat down was in 97, 47-21.

Message was edited by: CUTiger02®

He talked about beating them in 1981 in W-B.........

May 9, 2011, 10:50 AM

in Columbia to give us an undefeated regular season on the way to our National Championship.

What else could he have talked about?

"Uhh, you got anymore that cold beer??"***

May 9, 2011, 10:57 AM

May 9, 2011, 4:11 PM

"Danny Ford leaned back onto the soft couch, looking ever so comfortable, all the while wearing a garnet colored shirt. Now 63 years old, Ford left the college football coaching profession for good almost 15 years ago following a mostly frustrating five-year stint as head coach at Arkansas."

Thats all I got since I'm not an insider. Someone said that he said Carolina had passed Clemson in football. Thats not breaking news but coming from Ford, it might be.

Message was edited by: Bookmaker03®

Message was edited by: Bookmaker03®

Re: Not what he said at all.***

May 9, 2011, 4:39 PM

May 9, 2011, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford interview on Gamecock Central ]

"I do not believe we'll ever see one team dominate the other anymore," Ford contended. "I just don't see that happening. Both programs have good reputations and recruit well and play well. Neither school can say they don't have the fan support or the facilities."

and

"It's always been a good competition and a good game and a great rivalry," Ford said. "But it's getting tighter and tighter now. Back when I was coaching, we sometimes beat them pretty good. But sometimes it was tough too. Our kids had a knack of winning close games. Clemson recently has had trouble winning tight games. They need to learn to get the fourth quarter back."

May 9, 2011, 4:48 PM

Basically said Carolina has more athletes, bigger on the LOS, and has dominated in-state recruiting as of late....

Re: fail***

May 9, 2011, 4:52 PM

May 9, 2011, 4:54 PM

Oh and that he loves cheerleaders as head coaches :)!

May 9, 2011, 7:12 PM

More athletes lol! The NFL scouts don't seem to agree with that.

May 9, 2011, 9:29 PM

Man, if you guys read this article you would not believe the complimentary things your hero is saying about USC football. I won't even bother recapping for you guys, because you'll just call me a coot and dismiss everything I say, but suffice to say, Danny Ford believes Clemson's days of dominating USC are over.

No, actually

May 10, 2011, 4:07 PM

I don't trust anything written in an article by gamecocks. Obviously they are going to ask him questions to try and turn us against him and twist and turn it every way they can. I do not have to read that article. The only mistake Danny made was being kind enough to give an interview to people who were going to twist his every word.

##### central: "Do you think Clemson will continue to beat the gamecocks the way they did when you were coach, or even when Bowden was coach?"

Ford: "Well, it is really hard to beat a team 70 to 80% of the time with the parity we have these days. I would say from here on out Clemson likely will not win at a pace of 10 out of every 12 years."

##### central writer scribbling on note pad: "Ford said Clemson's days of dominating us are over."

##### central writer: "Do you think Scar has passed Clemson in football?"

Ford: "As of right now I would say the gamecocks have one of their more talented squads ever. I coached against a couple of talented gamecocks teams in 1984 and 1987. The 1984 team was probably a little more talented but mostly more experienced than us in certain areas. The 1987 team was about even with us, but happened to be the better team on that November night in 1987. So I would compare these years to 1984-1987, where the talent gap was not huge, but older experienced players normally beat out younger inexperienced players."

##### central writer scribbles: "Ford said that Scar has a better team, therefore Ford is saying we have passed Clemson in football. In summary Ford's words can easily be translated as saying Clemson likely will not win at a pace of 10 out of every 12 years from here on out, and that Scar has passed Clemson in football. I've got me a good article here, ole Danny said just enough for me to write an article about how the rivalry has forever changed!"

I could read that entire article and I would not trust any of it. I will say it again, the only thing he did wrong was give you an interview. And do you think he was going to give you an interview and say that your team has been the definition of mediocrity through history? Obviously he was going to say some polite things, or he would have declined the interview.

Come on Danny....Who you rooting for these days??

May 9, 2011, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: fail*** ]

Once a tiger always a tiger....very weak statements from the best coach we ever had. Still love the guy but would expect alot more from Ford!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic